IGNORED

Counting On season 5/6/7: Part 2 - Who cares, even TLC stopped counting

Buzzard

Continued from here:

TLC is blessing us with another hour (plus a half hour recap of the crap from last week) of our favorite "reality" show!  Lets all watch as the Duggars pretend that things actually happened like they say and that they arent disgusting excuses for human beings.  

Where are we in time?

Jinger, Kendra, and Joy are pregnant.

Josiah and Lauren are courting

Jaustin are still working on their house

Jana remains cinderjana

Jill and Josh are nowhere near a camera.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So last night I watched some Counting On in between some Real Housewives while sidelined with a cold and on cold medicine.  So my perceptions may be faulty.

But it did seem to me that TLC is getting a bit snarky with the edits.  For example, right after Joy finishes talking about how she "fixed" her glucose with a few salads, we see (for no other reason) a prolonged shot of her feet with some rather thick looking ankles.  Because I was flipping back and forth, this reminded me A LOT of the Bravo editing for Housewives where they absolutely do use editing to throw shade at the claims being made by various cast members.  

Does anyone else get this sense that TLC is starting to subtly give a shady edit to some of the Duggars?

8/13/18

Episode 4

"JInger and Jeremy’s Little Secret"

We start at Benessa’s house.  Its winterish (jackets but no snow) to go to a creamery to see goats.  

Jessa TH – goat cheese hasn’t been a part of our diet but we’re looking for local organic things to add to our diet so this will be interesting.

They pull up and greet the “farmers” who are wearing t shirts (guess its not as cold as we were led to believe?).  Ben explains that his parents were health conscious growing up and he lost his focus on that, definitely once he got married, but now is focusing more.

They see the goats behind a fence.  Spurge feeds them.  Henry yawns.

Jessa TH – Spurge is learning new words daily and stringing together sentences.  He repeats things and it’s cute to watch him grasp and understand things.  She would like a pet goat over a cat.

They head inside to get cheese and ice cream.

Jessa – I’ve only had goat when I’ve been on mission trips.

They sample the cheese.  Spurge isn’t interested. Benessa act like theyve never seen a cheese platter.

J’kids TH – they are offered goat cheese.  They sniff it and make faces.  Kendra takes a bite… Jason eats it.  Josie makes faces.  Poor Jana does her TH with littles… poor Jana.

Janawithlittles.thumb.jpg.33896ab6c70cef3a55ecf09745a9257d.jpg

They like it, for the most part.  (WTF they’ve never had goat cheese…)  Josie likes it.

Ben buys cheese and Jessa buys soap.  Spurge climbs under the cooler in the store and ben pulls him out.

Jessa TH – I think getting local fresh food, farm to table, is a good idea.  It’s cool to see it first-hand.

They leave with a “shop small” bag.

TTH

Jeremy and Jinger pull up to the TTH.  The littles recently recorded a “record” and they’re there to take the pictures.  They discuss acting “normal” because they have to tell everyone the secret according to plan. (uh huh, sure).

They pull up in a Mercedes with what looks like NY plates.

Michelle screeches as they walk in to the door.  Jinger has her camera out.

Jinger goes upstairs.  Jana and Jessa are doing the little girls’ hair.  A random unidentified child wanders in. I’m assuming he’s a M’kid but who even knows anymore.  Random children could wander in off the street and no one would notice.

whoisthiskid.thumb.jpg.88c3e05705fede886ac5eb06ea5d7f91.jpg

Jessa and Ben already know JInger is prego but cinderjana isnt worthy of the sisterly trust, I guess.

Jessa and JInger dress Josie.

Jinger TH – I miss being in the girls room.  We used to stay up late and talk.  Seeing the littles grow up, being far away, that’s hard.  The plan is to take the pics but then hold up a sign. (She loves her sisters so much she'll fuck with Jana just for a photo op.  Yup, thats love.)

Jeremy thinks boob may cry.

COMMERCIAL

Jaustin’s house

Joy goes through her packing checklist.  She already has her bible, which is important when going fishing.

They discuss whether it’s too cold for fishing.  Joy sounds like she has a cold.  This is a BRILLIANT idea.  She’s also bringing things to craft…

J’kids TH  - What is a babymoon? – JD – a medical term.  Josiah – it’s like tides.  JD – maybe a product?

Austin – we should bring extra pillows.

Joy – We’re just taking time to relax and get away before the baby comes.

Jessa – it’s a millennial thing. We were traveling a month before spurge was born and we decided to make a babymoon.  You slowdown and cherish one another (flashbacks of her "babymoon" and wandering through a farmers market).

Austin puts joy’s socks on for her.  She says that she is having a hard time moving around.  She’s sick and congested but that means she’s closer to meeting the baby.

The smell of fish makes her sick (so you should definitely go fishing and cook fish).

A random dog wanders by.  She asks whose dog it is.  They don’t know… it has a collar but they just leave it there. (WTF – you can’t be bothered to check its collar and see if it’s lost?  Asshats)

LAUREN’S HOUSE

Josiah pulls up in a “for sale” car so she can cut his beard.

Lauren – I have done haircuts but not beard trims. 

They’ve been courting for a month and its “neat” getting to know each other.  She doesn’t like his beard “bushy.”

She goes at him with an electric razor.

Lauren discusses that for a while she looked older even though she’s 18 and he’s 21.

Out come the scissors… this is going to take a while.

scissors.thumb.jpg.0dc36474155ce83b362d2b8672282b4f.jpg

Josiah doesn’t like sharp objects around his face. 

J’kids TH – Josiah talks a lot.

Lauren keeps telling him to stop talking (TH – when he gets nervous he really talks).

Josiah TH – she’s helping me learn not to talk over other people. (WTF?)

Next, she goes at his head with the electric clippers.

Kendra TH – Cutting your hair is a good way to get to know people GIGGLE

Lauren – I was interested in you but thought you were a jokester. I was afraid I wouldn’t get your humor. He snaps back that she totally gets it.

TH – He’s more spontaneous than I am.  I like to think about it.  We compliment each other, if he was spontaneous all the time there’d be no time for rest. (seriously, the jokes just write themselves with these people).

They are happy with the result of the beard and hair. She has the fundie stare down PAT

She’d be ok with having a beard for their wedding.  He would like to have a beard so bushy “you have to crawl through it to find the lips.”  (I’ll just leave that right there)

COMMERCIAL

Jinger et al pull up at a museum to take the cover pics for the littles.  We’re reminded AGAIN that she’s pregnant.

They pose the kids and Michelle, of course, has to also direct.

Flashback to all the things that jinger took pictures of.

Jinger keeps referring to the kids as “my little sisters” but Mac is there… not a sister…  No sign of Josh or Anna.

The kids get a little out of control and get over the picture thing. 

Josie – it was hard.  It took us like “this much hours” to do it.  Poor Jana.

hours.thumb.jpg.5209b429e6374cad62a6bda304f425dc.jpg

Jinger was grateful that Jessa and Jana were there, the kids listen to them (boob and j’chelle were there too… )

They move to a barn and they take pictures there, boob takes pictures with his iPhone over the real camera.

Boob gets them all to get together to take pics, then Jinger suggests just a pic with her and Jeremy.  She comes with the sign, flips it around and Michelle yells “WHAT”

COMMERCIAL

sign.thumb.jpg.109b38f9d3b1f4325c699091e4decfdb.jpg

Someone says “I was wondering”

Boob – Youre kidding?  He laughs and side hugs jinger and Jeremy.

Jinger TH – the littles were like “huh?”

Josie th- HUH? Jinger is having a baby? I couldn’t read what it said.

Jana – this was a genuine surprise for us.

Michelle TH – we had no idea, not a clue.

Boob – this is our 12th grandchild. (He doesnt name them because that would require speaking Joshly's name, I guess)

Jinger tells the littles it’s a secret and they will tell at dinner so don’t tell anyone.

Jeremy is concerned they won’t keep it a secret.

Josie says she won’t tell anyone (lies make baby Jesus cry, Josie!)

JOY AND AUSTIN

They pull up at their babymoon yurt.  Austin says he’s surprised that it’s nice, because he thought he’d freeze.  It’s like a cabin.

They head down to the pond to “wet a worm” (gosh… it’s so hard to behave this episode).

Joy – we went fishing one time (flashback to 2012).

The pond is frozen. Ducks/Geese walk on the ice.  Neither of them is wearing gloves.

Austin pulls the boat onto the ice and joy gets in.  She’s cold.  He pushes the boat into the water and the ice cracks. Joy questions whether this is a good idea because the ice is thick.

Austin – I don’t think I’ve ever been on water when it had ice.  I felt like the titanic. (the water appears to be a foot deep and they may be 20 feet from "shore")

fishing.thumb.jpg.52ab67ee86894cba903e1383f449894a.jpg

They start fishing. Austin casts repeatedly… time passes (maybe).  They look cold.  Joy thinks she may have something but maybe its ice.

Joy – we sat there forever.  The fish may be frozen at the bottom of the lake.

They give up and head back. Austin complains his fingers are going to fall off (I'm so glad you packed your bible and not GLOVES).  They throw the worms to the ducks.

Joy – it was an adventure.

COMMERCIAL

Joy and Austin cook chicken for dinner at the yurt.  They eat on real plates and reminisce about meals past (that were burnt).  They discuss when they got engaged and they didn’t know they’d have a kid in less than a year.

Joy TH – the responsibility is coming but it’s nerve-wracking

Austin – I’m 24 but I don’t know that I’m old enough to have a kid.

Joy shows shots of Austin’s baby book and she wants to do that.  They go through the ultrasound shots to pick one out.  They can’t believe that’s their baby.

Jessa TH – Growing up Michelle was good at taking pictures and she took milestone shots in our calendars.

Austin – if it’s a boy it will look like me

Joy  - my family has strong genes for the big head. 

Austin – as long as it looks more like you than me it will be the best looking kid around.

There are so many unknowns, knowing how much our parents invested into us until now and I’m in this place.  I pray our kid will appreciate it.  They write the baby a note.

TTH

The photoshoot is over and they’re headed back for dinner.   They get in a circle to pray.  Jeremy gives thanks for the food and “thank you for the little one that you have given to me and jinger, keep them safe in her womb.”  They all cheer and hug.  Kendra squeals (after the prayer, of course).

JD – it’s exciting because there are several people expecting right now. The family keeps growing.

Mac – I’m glad Jeremy told because I may have accidentally told it.

(There’s a TON of Halloween (I mean, fall festival) stuff all over the house

scarecrow.thumb.jpg.2fdf7272d5a2c5e4306ae8e7565649a7.jpg

Jinger – I can’t wait to talk to my mom because she has a lot of experience.

Kendra – it’s fun being pregnant with joy and jinger.  I think we are closer in due dates so we have a lot happening at the same time.

( I just have to call bullshit here for one second.  If anyone believes for ONE SECOND that JinJer told the news of this miracle to this group, which includes Famy’s mom but not Jill/Derick, Josh/Anna (or any of their other kids besides mac) then I have a bridge to sell them.  Also, why is Jana all the way down at the end of the table? Who is the child that doesnt even get to sit AT the table?)

2136990559_tableshot.thumb.jpg.1eaf35cf46a67db74efd0bfd0c44ab95.jpg

Next week…

JinJer’s first anniversary.  They’re getting the piano and the Arkansas duggars are there to visit.  I DEFINITELY wanted my mother to visit me for my anniversary.  That makes total sense.

Josiah is asking mr swanson to marry lauren.  I wonder if he will pull a boob and "think about it."  (of course he will)

Joken "gender" reveal.

YAWN.

Wait, Austin at 24 doesn't know if he feels old enough to be a father but he knocked up his teen bride? Loooooool

Not only was Joy not wearing gloves but she was wearing a thin t-shirt with a utility jacket (like a  rain coat almost) UNZIPPED, with a skirt and boots....

What if the random boat they found next to the ice filled pond flipped with your pregnant wife in it Austin??

2 minutes ago, BunnyBee said:

Not only was Joy not wearing gloves but she was wearing a thin t-shirt with a utility jacket (like a  rain coat almost) UNZIPPED, with a skirt and boots....

What if the random boat they found next to the ice filled pond flipped with your pregnant wife in it Austin??

This is just what I thought. Pregnant woman no life preserver, icy lake/pond. 

Really poor choice.

@Buzzard The child who doesnt get to sit at the table is Jenni, OF COURSE, fucking FreeJenni.

All of her expressions during the photo shoot were priceless too. 

Why are any Duggars who are not actively counting on included in a show called Counting On? Me thinks the boob insists so that he gets $$$$$$ out of the deal.

I forgot, and control. Boob likes money and control.

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Wait, Austin at 24 doesn't know if he feels old enough to be a father but he knocked up his teen bride? Loooooool

All so fake yes? 

and thank you Buzzard - this enables me to watch ER now - as real housewives are boring 

and as for Jessa seeing a goat, I saw a goat farm in Maui - very entertaining. 

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

They pull up at their babymoon yurt.  Austin says he’s surprised that it’s nice, because he thought he’d freeze.  It’s like a cabin.

Nope, nope, nope. 

36 minutes ago, BunnyBee said:

Jesus take the wheel...errr I mean the oar! :P 

2 hours ago, Georgiana said:

So last night I watched some Counting On in between some Real Housewives while sidelined with a cold and on cold medicine.  So my perceptions may be faulty.

But it did seem to me that TLC is getting a bit snarky with the edits.  For example, right after Joy finishes talking about how she "fixed" her glucose with a few salads, we see (for no other reason) a prolonged shot of her feet with some rather thick looking ankles.  Because I was flipping back and forth, this reminded me A LOT of the Bravo editing for Housewives where they absolutely do use editing to throw shade at the claims being made by various cast members.  

Does anyone else get this sense that TLC is starting to subtly give a shady edit to some of the Duggars?

Definitely shade.  I wondered myself if they had hired out to a new post facility to do the editing.

Just now, ViolaSebastian said:

Nope, nope, nope. 

Just now, ViolaSebastian said:

Nope, nope, nope. 

for some reason this blogged twice.  But you are so correct.  There are beautiful yurts in an area in the sunshine coast.  There is also a really good book by Sophie Kinsella about glamping which is really about yurts.  

1 minute ago, nst said:

for some reason this blogged twice.  But you are so correct.  There are beautiful yurts in an area in the sunshine coast.  There is also a really good book by Sophie Kinsella about glamping which is really about yurts.  

I've got nothing against yurts, or camping in general. I'd just so for something more comfortable for my bazillionth month of pregnancy. 

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

Jesus take the wheel...errr I mean the oar! :P 

Jesus...take something, cause I think most of the people in this family need help.

Austin really should have known better. Fishing in a lake like that was a dumb idea. 

3 hours ago, Georgiana said:

I think TLC has always given shady edits to the Duggar's they may have played a little nicer after the Josh scandal but they know that die hard Duggar fans really are not their bread and butter it's the people that toon in to see the train wreck. 

Also that child that walks into the girls room is a totally random child. That is not an M or Spurgen or izzy who knows who the hell that is. 

39 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I've got nothing against yurts, or camping in general. I'd just so for something more comfortable for my bazillionth month of pregnancy. 

skydiving :D

or a massage by a beach 

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

It actually looks quite nice. It's really a yurt in shape only. Beyond that, I'd say it really is more of a proper, cozy cabin. It's got a decent-sized eat-in full kitchen with granite or quartz counter tops, a separate bedroom, what looks to be the door to an indoor bathroom, a loft, and a living area with either a wood or pellet stove. I mean, they're out in a wooded area near a pond and took their own food, but it's definitely comfortable looking and they seem fairly rustic in preference. For instance, I'm pretty sure Joy's the only girl who stayed outside overnight when they went to that survivalist camp with the RV, and Austin's family has the campground. (Now Jinger and Jeremy, I suspect, would hate the yurt.) 

Yurt_1.thumb.PNG.c857a3443fd0ee449583442cfa75c6e1.PNG

Interior pictures under the spoiler.

Spoiler

1445158846_Yurt2.thumb.PNG.9973e143845882e235f0099c32601408.PNG1049707151_Yurt3.thumb.PNG.218e088c176e4c9b18a1bf2656727396.PNG87642559_Yurt4.thumb.PNG.d4203cd0cda044f4d3b1222934df82f8.PNG159407549_Yurt8.thumb.PNG.a7bb360f37ed151afe202a506b8efff2.PNG864674347_Yurt6.thumb.PNG.99286aed04f437c4dbf590a8e32c1014.PNG248709448_Yurt7.thumb.PNG.79c901454dfd70212f7c19c990053d04.PNG

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I think TLC has always given shady edits to the Duggar's they may have played a little nicer after the Josh scandal but they know that die hard Duggar fans really are not their bread and butter it's the people that toon in to see the train wreck. 

Also that child that walks into the girls room is a totally random child. That is not an M or Spurgen or izzy who knows who the hell that is. 

WHO IS HE??? These people are so friggin random! They make a big deal about “family” happenings but they’re so obviously staged it’s amazing.  Minimal effort here, please!

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

WHO IS HE??? These people are so friggin random! They make a big deal about “family” happenings but they’re so obviously staged it’s amazing.  Minimal effort here, please!

I think that it might be Lauren's brother  Drew 

4 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I think that it might be Lauren's brother  Drew 

So, Lauren and her family were present for jingers fake pregnancy announcement but off camera?

what was REALLY going on that day at the TTH that all those people were there?

9 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

So, Lauren and her family were present for jingers fake pregnancy announcement but off camera?

what was REALLY going on that day at the TTH that all those people were there?

I think it would have been around Christmas time so there was probably some type of Duggar party. they publicly announced the pregnancy on Jan 3rd

It's funny to see Josiah getting a beard trim a month into his courtship which would put them into February and then the scene where Jinjer announce the pregnancy where Josiah is clean shaven. 

6 hours ago, Buzzard said:

They head down to the pond to “wet a worm” (gosh… it’s so hard to behave this episode).

Hands down my favorite line from the recap. 

May Rufus continue to bless you for recapping and all who suffer through this schlock to add to the snark. Rufus knows I certainly couldn't sit through this.

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived