IGNORED

JinJer and Felicity 43: No Homebirth, No Problem

Georgiana

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm telling you guys Jeremy is worse than Derrick by a wide margin.

Derrick is hateful but dim and with him his hate is on full display. He's the sort emboldened by the Trump era to say the things that he may otherwise think but not say out loud in polite company. However, I actually at least appreciate his honesty because at a minimum he is not putting lipstick on a pig. We all know exactly who he is.

Jeremy is insidious and the sorts of things he posts like the one upthread are responsible for a great many social ills. His beliefs contribute to systemic inequality. Just because he has better syntax than Derrick and just because he links to other people's articles which may come across as pseudo-intellectual as opposed to Derrick's idiotic tweets does not make him any more palatable. He's disgusting and Jinger is no better for tolerating his oppressive views than Jill is. Let's call a spade a spade. 

Also, Jeremy as a heads up, what is it that or your perpetually unemployed wife are doing that is contributing so much to our society? He looks down on those expecting "entitlements" and "hand outs" that they haven't "earned" but what's he earning? I pay income taxes in the 6 figures annually, maybe I should just view him as a damn freeloader. Asshole.

I am officially boycotting Counting On, and will write a letter to TLC saying that I won't watch the show anymore* and asking that it be cancelled.  Won't get me anywhere I'm sure, but this aggression cannot stand man!

People who are privileged and entitled should not be commenting -ever- on whether or not any "ism" is valid or not.

*I didn't really watch it anyway, but it's the thought that counts, right.

8 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

I am officially boycotting Counting On, and will write a letter to TLC saying that I won't watch the show anymore* and asking that it be cancelled.  Won't get me anywhere I'm sure, but this aggression cannot stand man!

While writing to TLC may make you feel better, it would probably be better to write to the show's SPONSORS and tell them you won't buy their products/services as long as they support the show. Money talks.

6 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

While writing to TLC may make you feel better, it would probably be better to write to the show's SPONSORS and tell them you won't buy their products/services as long as they support the show. Money talks.

Thanks @SapphireSlytherin, I'll do that too!  

So, I say that, yet I'm not able to find out who is actually sponsoring this show. I don't watch it, so I don't even see the ads. lol

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived