• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Maintenance tomorrow Read more... ×
VaSportsMom

JRod 71: Timothy Spreads His Wings

Meh
Loveday

We hope. If the Rod Pod ever gets back on the road for West Virginia.  :my_dodgy:

Aggravated
Okie_Bokie
39 minutes ago, PrivatelySnarking said:

When does Tim start his classes?

Monday, August 20th.   New student orientation is Friday the 17th.  Timothy is there way early. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 2

HereticHick
40 minutes ago, PrivatelySnarking said:

When does Tim start his classes? Sorry if this was already acknowledged

https://www.moody.edu/missionary-aviation-technology-spokane/student-life/spokane-events-calendar/

New student orientation appears to be the 17th.

And here is one thing that will be good for him--he will be meeting kids from other countries:

"The aviation student body includes people from China, Mexico, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Switzerland and Thailand, as well as missionary kids from every corner of the globe. These students create a diverse learning community that contributes a positive influence on students, staff, and faculty."

Oh and yeah, you graduate WITHOUT any flight certifications yet. What a rip-off:

"

Flight Major

Building on over 65 years of experience in missionary aviation training, the Bachelor of Science in Missionary Aviation Technology degree program provides you with:

49 semester hours of Biblical Studies coursework

18 hours of General Education coursework 

and the technical training required to prepare you for the vital role in serving the world’s “flying missions.”

The Flight major coursework trains you to qualify for FAA Private, Instrument and Commercial certifications. Experience with high performance aircraft exposes you to the challenges associated with mission-field flying and seeks to develop the judgment, skill and overall airmanship required to fly successfully in a wide variety of contexts.

Program distinctions include an unparalleled cross-country flight project, as well as training in a wide variety of aircraft used currently on the mission field."

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 17
  • Love 1

quiversR4hunting

from the last thread

@Ralar said

Moody Aviation's FB photos include WOMEN, who appear to be students, out of their fundy uniforms. They are wearing SHORTS and JEANS! (Gasp!))) On the other hand, it looks like the STUDENTS in the (not the students in the hangars) WEAR UNIFORMS to school!!! Has anyone ever heard of a college with required uniforms, other than military academies?

those students look so young! I was thinking I was looking at pictures from a HS version of Moody but I don't see any evidence there is such a division at Moody.

From @MayMay1123

my church's vbs is starting aug 20 to the 24th, public school starts on the 27th. i have no idea why it is so late...maybe to have less competition of other churches in the area? i would think that if kids have already gone somewhere else, they wouldn't go to another church, though. i hope all the older kids volunteered and the rods didn't just drop off the littles.

it could be used as a way to get kids ready to get up again for school or cheap day care for the week before school :)

from @Ms. Squishels

Oh, also.  Jill posted an anti-abortion thing about someone flushing a baby down the toilet.

Are you serious? Of course you are, this is Jill we are talking about. I am betting she is referring to the miscarried baby born in the bathroom on a plane that was found by the cleaning crew. The mother is a teenager. Since the teenager left the fetus in the bathroom my guess is she was scared and I bet whoever she was with (if anyone) didn't know she was pregnant. https://nypost.com/2018/08/07/dead-fetus-found-on-plane-was-left-by-teen-who-suffered-a-miscarriage/ 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Howl
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

And here is one thing that will be good for him--he will be meeting kids from other countries:

"The aviation student body includes people from China, Mexico, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Switzerland and Thailand, as well as missionary kids from every corner of the globe

Might be an eye-opener for Timothy to meet real missionary kids.  Wonder if they do anything with Civil Air Patrol.

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

They call me madre
32 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

https://www.moody.edu/missionary-aviation-technology-spokane/student-life/spokane-events-calendar/

New student orientation appears to be the 17th.

"The aviation student body includes people from China, Mexico, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Switzerland and Thailand, as well as missionary kids from every corner of the globe. These students create a diverse learning community that contributes a positive influence on students, staff, and faculty."

Oh and yeah, you graduate WITHOUT any flight certifications yet. What a rip-off:

"

Flight Major

Building on over 65 years of experience in missionary aviation training, the Bachelor of Science in Missionary Aviation Technology degree program provides you with:

49 semester hours of Biblical Studies coursework

18 hours of General Education coursework 

and the technical training required to prepare you for the vital role in serving the world’s “flying missions.”

The Flight major coursework trains you to qualify for FAA Private, Instrument and Commercial certifications. Experience with high performance aircraft exposes you to the challenges associated with mission-field flying and seeks to develop the judgment, skill and overall airmanship required to fly successfully in a wide variety of contexts.

Program distinctions include an unparalleled cross-country flight project, as well as training in a wide variety of aircraft used currently on the mission field."

So a total of 67 “college” credits which is barely an associates degree at best and no FAA Licenses so wtf are you getting???  What a crock of sh#%!!!!!

19 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

from the last thread

@Ralar said

those students look so young! I was thinking I was looking at pictures from a HS version of Moody but I don't see any evidence there is such a division at Moody.

From @MayMay1123

it could be used as a way to get kids ready to get up again for school or cheap day care for the week before school :)

from @Ms. Squishels

Are you serious? Of course you are, this is Jill we are talking about. I am betting she is referring to the miscarried baby born in the bathroom on a plane that was found by the cleaning crew. The mother is a teenager. Since the teenager left the fetus in the bathroom my guess is she was scared and I bet whoever she was with (if anyone) didn't know she was pregnant. https://nypost.com/2018/08/07/dead-fetus-found-on-plane-was-left-by-teen-who-suffered-a-miscarriage/ 

It’s actually quite sad.  But Jill makes it a dirty sin in her eyes..... poor girl!

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

Pecansforeveryone

I truly hope that young woman, @quiversR4hunting, gets the counseling and medical care she needs. I hope that this is a one-off for Jill, and she doesn't go all TAM on us and start picketing clinics. 

Alisamer
2 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I truly hope that young woman, @quiversR4hunting, gets the counseling and medical care she needs. I hope that this is a one-off for Jill, and she doesn't go all TAM on us and start picketing clinics. 

Well, they print anti-abortion tracts, and Nurie (and Kaylee) were on the way to a "crisis pregnancy center" when they had their accident, so picketing clinics is a really short step from where they are. Jill just hasn't figured out how to get money out of doing that yet. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

Cheetah

Do you think a kid like Timothy who has (for all we can tell) never spent any time away from his extra-large, extra-enmeshed family even has the awareness to be embarrassed by them?   Just wondering if you'd need a sort of baseline of what's normal to compare to to understand just how odd your parents are.  

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 2

HarryPotterFan
1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

What the hell!?? Why waste the money??! That’s just evil on Moody’s part 

Pecansforeveryone

Also Timothy has been broken down and conditioned to believe that the world is full of Godless, heartless, moral less hell bound heathens.  He may feel embarressed for our sad, sorry state. I wouldn't be suprised if he feels extremely distrustful and outright afraid of the kind of people he thinks we are. In some ways, Timothy is a survivor of thge cult of Jill. 

LovelyLuna

The Mr. says our local Civil Air Patrol youth group is primarily made up of strict homeschooled Christian kids.  The adults come from all walks of life, but most have been in the military.  It would be great for Tim to join, even if he has aged out of the youth group.  We have some amazing older War Vets that would make kindly role models for people like Tim.   In 5 years he could get most, if not all of his flying hours in in conjunction to the fluff degree he is getting.  

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 1

quiversR4hunting

If Timothy really, truly wants to help others and using flying as a way to help others he really should have (tried to ) enroll here: https://www.uscga.edu/flight-school/

Do I think he could have gotten in? I have no idea.

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Pecansforeveryone

If Timothy had somehow against astronomical odds joined the Navy or the Air Force, I guarantee that he wouldn't have scored high enough on the ASVAB to be to be in aviation rates like aviation mechanics or aviation electrician. I would be shocked if he was admitted to a credible secular aviation institute. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

Aggravated
Okie_Bokie
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

Do you think a kid like Timothy who has (for all we can tell) never spent any time away from his extra-large, extra-enmeshed family even has the awareness to be embarrassed by them?

Didn't he just spend this summer away and working at a Christian camp?  He was gone when the girls were in the car crash.

32 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

If Timothy really, truly wants to help others and using flying as a way to help others he really should have (tried to ) enroll here: https://www.uscga.edu/flight-school/

Do I think he could have gotten in? I have no idea.

Oh, gosh no.  That's a service academy like West Point, Annapolis and the Air Force Academy and takes a congressional nomination.

Edited by Okie_Bokie
It actually doesn't need a congressional nomination.
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

LovelyLuna

The Mr. Just told me that the FDA thing is one flight with a person testing you on various maneuvers.  It costs $500.   You can do it for free but only 10% pass the free exam.  He says if they are going to fly missions  in other countries they wouldn’t need it anyhow.  I told him about the crash and he is severely horrified.  Apparently 99% of crashes are pilot error and that someone fucked up putting the plane together.  He said they could be sued for negligence.   A damn waste of life, he said.  :cry:

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 14
  • Love 1

Meh
Dandruff
2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

"Program distinctions include an unparalleled cross-country flight project, as well as training in a wide variety of aircraft used currently on the mission field."

Like the Shrader plane?

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

Do you think a kid like Timothy who has (for all we can tell) never spent any time away from his extra-large, extra-enmeshed family even has the awareness to be embarrassed by them?   Just wondering if you'd need a sort of baseline of what's normal to compare to to understand just how odd your parents are.  

I'd guess that Tim has picked up on some of the negative feedback his family (i.e., Jill) has gotten and noticed that other fundie families don't get the same kind of feedback.  Even at churches.  He may realize that they don't get to visit the Duggars and Bateses anymore, and that the behavior of people he has met at their events seemed much less glaring than his family's.  I expect that Jill puts her own spin on rejection and odd behavior, but I also think that her explanations would only work up to a point on the kids.

Tired
Snarkasarus Rex

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

This is very vague, maybe intentionally so.  The school can't promise these certs because only the FAA can grant them, but my question is, the program may provide the technical training required to take these tests, but does it also provide students with the minimum hours of flight time needed?  That is what is expensive...the plane and the instructor's time.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

cupcake
2 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Also Timothy has been broken down and conditioned to believe that the world is full of Godless, heartless, moral less hell bound heathens.  He may feel embarressed for our sad, sorry state. I wouldn't be suprised if he feels extremely distrustful and outright afraid of the kind of people he thinks we are. In some ways, Timothy is a survivor of thge cult of Jill. 

He probably views everybody in the world who is outside of his immediate or known family as somebody in need of "saving" or an "other" of some sort.

It's such a sad, cynical way to approach life.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Dizzy
ViolaSebastian
10 minutes ago, keepercjr said:

Looks like there will be at least one woman in Tim’s incoming class.  She is an RN too! 

https://www.gofundme.com/megans-moody-aviation-fund

I don't approve of what she's doing in a general sense, but if I did I'd definitely donate to her just for having the moxie to be the only woman in a male-dominated program. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

Spent
potato

After a little (public) searching, it looks like she's a bit older than Timothy.  She also seems to be a pants-wearing heathen :shocked:

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

FloraKitty35
5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

So Tim could fix Prince John of Zambia's plane?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1