IGNORED

Seewalds 35: Silence is Golden

VaSportsMom

9 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Why is the one guy's face blocked out? 

I'm guessing it was posted by the Keeping Up With Fundies tumblr. They recently started blocking out the faces of pretty much everyone unless they have a public presence (like a show or a blog). I think there was an issue with someone(s?) contacting or internet stalking fundie acquaintances or... something like that, and they decided to be extra cautious. I'm really hazy on the details.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

Where did you get it????

Hmmm....it was about a year ago - but it would of been on-line at Amazon, shein, or zulily. And under $20. I ONLY do pockets.

37 minutes ago, emscm said:

@Mama Mia Have you had good luck with Shein? I’ve heard their stuff runs really small and I am pregnant but also not a small girl when I’m not. 

I’ve had pretty good luck with them. I always get the unstructured, stretchy clothes though , and usually aim for a little loose, their size L fits me, and that’s what I order from other places. 

I could see if it was something more fitted it could be iffy though. 

In Jessas defence I've found that I tend to stand with my hand on my tummy like that in photos too. It's a combination of not knowing where to put my hands and wanting to hide that area thanks to 3 huge babies and no willpower when it comes to bread and chocolate. Unfortunately it is a pose which automatically makes you look pregnant - even me at almost 40 with non functioning reproductive parts lol My preferred photo pose is behind a small child, they hide the tummy perfectly and I can put my hands on their shoulders.

Now that it seems I have defended Jessas Schroedinger's pregnancy I would like to predict that she is currently delivering the third girl from a set of secret triplets into the hands of Magnificent Midwife Jill, and with only Michelles sweet voice and lucky green shirt for pain relief....

And while we are on the Seewald subject, I mean at my dad's house where the tv is always on... Currently (as in right this minute) on a channel called "Blaze" there is a program called The Vault, and they're exploring the life of Charles Spurgeon. Interesting, to say the least. 

42 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

And while we are on the Seewald subject, I mean at my dad's house where the tv is always on... Currently (as in right this minute) on a channel called "Blaze" there is a program called The Vault, and they're exploring the life of Charles Spurgeon. Interesting, to say the least. 

It’s like the creepy google gods are stalking you :mindblowing:

19 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I Assume they mean this one.

When did Ben start looking like Rick Bayless? (Chicago chef)

isn’t that the exact same dress she wore when she surprised Jinger in the hospital?

4 minutes ago, TeaELSee said:

isn’t that the exact same dress she wore when she surprised Jinger in the hospital?

So I just looked up Rick Bayless and wow. I guess I now know what Ben is going to look like in 40 years!

1 hour ago, TeaELSee said:

For anyone who doesn't want to look up Rick Bayless:

Spoiler

20180818_130234.thumb.jpg.8e07913843a8dfb5d6c0508eab9662b6.jpg

Ben Seewald on the left, Rick Bayless on the right.

Rick Bayless more recently:

20180818_130555.thumb.jpg.d6f44a3e93d3e38bbd7aec4527ba4375.jpg

23 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Pretty sure that's a swing dress from Old Navy. I know because I own the same one. It's very shapeless, so depending on your angle/whether you ate a large lunch that day, it's sometimes not the most flattering. Doesn't matter though because it's basically the most comfortable piece of clothing I own and I need like six more of them. :pb_lol:

I own 5 of those Old Navy dresses in different colors and sleeve lengths. They are the best!

43 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

fun with Boxes. 

Beyond adorable. Fortunately most of the comments were on either the adorableness or defending Spurgeon still being in diapers from the few commenters who - predictably- felt the need to judge that. 

1 minute ago, Mama Mia said:

Beyond adorable. Fortunately most of the comments were on either the adorableness or defending Spurgeon still being in diapers from the few commenters who - predictably- felt the need to judge that. 

Kids not even three dang some people. 

38 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

I guess they need something to judge. We haven't seen Spurgeon with a bottle in his mouth lately, and they were going on and on about that for a while. 

5 hours ago, Wifey4Lifey said:

I own 5 of those Old Navy dresses in different colors and sleeve lengths. They are the best!

Three here, all short-sleeved. I wouldn't even have them, except for all those pics of Jessa in them looking so comfortable, darn her! They are so nice, though. Now I just need to carve out time to knit the little shawlette I want to wear with them when it gets colder... (Or look into long-sleeved ones. Hmm...)

I don't have kids but it is one thing I vow is to not be that parent that judges on milestones and at what age a child "should" reach them. A few years ago I posted a picture of myself and goddaughter on FB, I loved the pic because we were resting our heads together...I didn't even notice she had a "binky" in her mouth and that apparently for her age that was a big no no. I tagged my friend in the pic and most of the comments from her friends and family were about that.  Made me want to delete the picture.  For Jessa's video I wouldn't have even thought about Spurge wearing a diaper if I didn't see her response to someone regarding his age. I was more mesmerized by Ben being able to fit through the box. 

Ben comes across as enjoying his kids and playing appropriately with them. It's a stark contrast to Jill and Derick Dillard.  

18 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

Ben comes across as enjoying his kids and playing appropriately with them. It's a stark contrast to Jill and Derick Dillard.  

from what we've seen and the things Jessa has said Ben seems like a very hands on dad. playing with them, making them lunch, diaper duty ect... I have to wonder if Derick has ever changed a diaper or feed his kids without Jill's assistance or that of a family member. 

Disclaimer - I’m not a fan of Jessa. I know lots of people think she is amazing and beautiful and wonderful, but there’s very little about her that appeals to me. At all. So I find it easy to criticise her. 

However, I do think people (general public, not FJ) are too hard on her sometimes.

Spurgeon not being toilet trained? - he isn’t even 3 yet for crying out loud!  She’s resting her hand on her belly? - probably ate a burger, I hope it was tasty! She wears unflattering clothes? - she needs to be comfortable chasing around after two toddlers, let her wear whatever she wants without shaming her! She visited Jinger too soon after Felicity was born? - it’s exciting when your sister has her first baby and the midwives will take care of Jinger if she’s overwhelmed by visitors!

There are lots of other things I could coins to riticise her about. I just can’t find it in me to give a damn about these particular things.

7 minutes ago, adidas said:

Disclaimer - I’m not a fan of Jessa. I know lots of people think she is amazing and beautiful and wonderful, but there’s very little about her that appeals to me. At all. So I find it easy to criticise her. 

However, I do think people (general public, not FJ) are too hard on her sometimes.

Spurgeon not being toilet trained? - he isn’t even 3 yet for crying out loud!  She’s resting her hand on her belly? - probably ate a burger, I hope it was tasty! She wears unflattering clothes? - she needs to be comfortable chasing around after two toddlers, let her wear whatever she wants without shaming her! She visited Jinger too soon after Felicity was born? - it’s exciting when your sister has her first baby and the midwives will take care of Jinger if she’s overwhelmed by visitors!

There are lots of other things I could coins to riticise her about. I just can’t find it in me to give a damn about these particular things.

the hand on the belly thing wasn't really a criticism. it was a is she or isn't she pregnant. I mean she's a Duggar whose youngest is a year and a half old  and she's been talking about Baby fever so of course people are going to look for signs. 

10 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

Now this is all I can see!! I love Bayless!

13 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

from what we've seen and the things Jessa has said Ben seems like a very hands on dad. playing with them, making them lunch, diaper duty ect... I have to wonder if Derick has ever changed a diaper or feed his kids without Jill's assistance or that of a family member. 

I was just thinking of that awful video Jill posted where Derick was reading the Bible to the boys.  He was holding down poor Sam who kept trying to escape, and totally ignored Israel when he spoke.  It was a stark combination of age-inappropriate boring and selfish assholes parenting.

It's a world away from Ben wriggling in a diaper box with his boys on the floor.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived