IGNORED

Seewalds 35: Silence is Golden

VaSportsMom

I miss my NY / NJ area treats. Mallomars, rainbow cookies, and black and white cookies.  Luckily I have a good rainbow cookie recipe so I can still get my fix

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

There was also a weight loss product called Ayds, a chocolate candy type substance. That was in the late 60's. That name would never fly now. I ate them like candy, so much for appetite control. I was 12 or 13.

I would sneak those from my grandma when I was a little kid! That and maraschino cherries. 

I am very jealous of everyone who had moonpies in their lunches ! Geeze I mostly only got fruit, and even then I didn’t get my favorite green grapes because we were boycotting them. 

I would LOVE going to lunch with my one grandma, I’d get a BLT on WHITE BREAD with ICEBERG lettuce ( also boycotted ) ! That was a very guilty pleasure and FU to my parents ????

On 10/10/2018 at 6:36 AM, Mama Mia said:
I would sneak those from my grandma when I was a little kid! That and maraschino cherries. 
I am very jealous of everyone who had moonpies in their lunches ! Geeze I mostly only got fruit, and even then I didn’t get my favorite green grapes because we were boycotting them. 
I would LOVE going to lunch with my one grandma, I’d get a BLT on WHITE BREAD with ICEBERG lettuce ( also boycotted ) ! That was a very guilty pleasure and FU to my parents [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Why did you all boycott all these foods ?!

1 hour ago, sleepy_doggos said:

Why did you all boycott all these foods ?!Why did you all boycott all these foods?!

To support the UFW ( United Farm Workers ) . The white bread and marachino cherries weren’t a boycott - my mom just was of the whole grain natural food type. ? Although we did get Tang , and she made some wonderful peanut butter cookies 

I honestly don't understand how RC company stays in business. I know it's the cheapest soda vendor & Coke is the most expensive, but still...

Diet Rite: No sodium. No caffeine. (No flavor.) No point!!

Diet Coke for the win, now and forever. Hallaluyer, haymayun, and praise Rufus.

Diet Rite had so many flavors and they were all awful. Even when I switched to diet i couldnt do that stuff. My grandma loved it though. 

It's probably a long shot but Sierra just posted this and is anyone else wondering if these might be the Seewalds twins? They've talked about adoption in the past and have had a long enough space between pregnancies that they'd be eligible to adopt. Plus Sierra doesnt mention who the twins were adopted by, just that it was a friend. In normal circumstances wouldn't she have just stated which friends had adopted? I feel like the Duggars are due for an announcement and this post rubs me as a bit suspicious 

7 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

To support the UFW ( United Farm Workers ) . The white bread and marachino cherries weren’t a boycott - my mom just was of the whole grain natural food type. ? Although we did get Tang , and she made some wonderful peanut butter cookies 

And now I went back and researched the iceberg lettuce boycott- and found it was very short—— so apparently my mom extended it forever to have a ‘reason’ to only buy freaking romaine lettuce ! I don’t know if I’m appalled or impressed:mindblowing:

4 hours ago, Calypso said:

It's probably a long shot but Sierra just posted this and is anyone else wondering if these might be the Seewalds twins? They've talked about adoption in the past and have had a long enough space between pregnancies that they'd be eligible to adopt. Plus Sierra doesnt mention who the twins were adopted by, just that it was a friend. In normal circumstances wouldn't she have just stated which friends had adopted? I feel like the Duggars are due for an announcement and this post rubs me as a bit suspicious 

I think it is a really long shot. If they were adopting you would at least suspect some posts from the family that would indicate that something big is coming up. 

2 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I think it is a really long shot. If they were adopting you would at least suspect some posts from the family that would indicate that something big is coming up. 

Also, I’m pretty sure Sierra would know better than to post a photo before they did. Not identifying the friends is probably an internet privacy/security thing.

7 hours ago, Calypso said:

Sierra doesnt mention who the twins were adopted by,

I would certainly hope she wouldn't mention the name of the friends. Way too many creepers on IG profiles like hers.

4 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

my mouth dropped open when I saw those twins and Sierra rambling. 

I would be shocked but SHOCKED if they adopted twins...BUT that would be SO JESSA if she did this. 

Then they need a bigger house. 

I'm a couple of pages behind, but I am so disappointed there was a discussion about Jane Austen movies and not one mention of Saint Alan Rickman. For shame guys, for shame.

And for total junk food - the little Debbie Snack Cakes. Preferably with the zebra stripes, but not required. I may have consumed a mega-size one or two on a road trip a few months ago, with no regrets.

The Duggars wouldn't pass up the opportunity for a People cover by announcing they'd adopted twins.  

I feel like when you adopt you have to have a certain number of bedrooms for a certain number of children. All I can find is that they need at least 50 square feet of space for a child. 

Are they still living in their home? Maybe, it will be surprise we bought a four bedroom house and have adopted twins cover of people. I just can't see the state allowing 2 more babies in a bedroom. 

I think this would make jill keel over if Jessa did this and I think Jessa would totally do this and I do see a people magazine cover even though Ben and Jessa and the show are nowhere relevant as they once were.

I can't see Jessa and Ben adopting Caucasian newborns.  Isn't the point of encouraging adoptions for Fundies, to encourage adoptions of less-adoptable children?  How many prospective parents who can't actually have babies of their own would be lining up to adopt newborns?  I mean, I guess a birth mom who might be a little star struck might go ahead and choose a C list celeb couple over a couple who had a greater reason to be adopting her children, but it would seem really selfish on the part of J and B if they did go that route.  

Also the "sherpa" jacket on Sierra. I think that the term used to be trademarked but is no longer the case and generally people are moving away from using the term for these sorts of things. Hers looks like a cheap pile jacket, really almost like the bathmat we have at home, or the pile dog rug we have inside our backyard sliding doors.

3 hours ago, bekkah said:

I feel like when you adopt you have to have a certain number of bedrooms for a certain number of children. All I can find is that they need at least 50 square feet of space for a child. 

Posters like to cite typical adoption regulations, but private adoption is a whole other thing.   They could find an unwed mother, convince her not to have an abortion, and essentially buy her baby from her.  It happens. 

3 hours ago, bekkah said:

Are they still living in their home? Maybe, it will be surprise we bought a four bedroom house and have adopted twins cover of people. I just can't see the state allowing 2 more babies in a bedroom. 

Ummm..how many Duggarlings are in a bedroom at the main house? Have you never seen a reality tv show about multiple births or large families?

In the US, zoning laws about how many humans can inhabit a room usually apply only to renters, not owner residents, and often only apply to unrelated individuals (aka roommates) not family members.

We don't throw families out of their homes because they have too many kids.

13 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Ummm..how many Duggarlings are in a bedroom at the main house? Have you never seen a reality tv show about multiple births or large families?

In the US, zoning laws about how many humans can inhabit a room usually apply only to renters, not owner residents, and often only apply to unrelated individuals (aka roommates) not family members.

We don't throw families out of their homes because they have too many kids.

I get that argument but there are people who lose kids and can't get them back because they don't meet the state requirements of 50 square feet per child. 

27 minutes ago, Charliemae said:

Posters like to cite typical adoption regulations, but private adoption is a whole other thing.   They could find an unwed mother, convince her not to have an abortion, and essentially buy her baby from her.  It happens. 

I don't get how any potential birth mother would truly find a two bedroom house occupied by four people already any better than what she can provide or find in other families. And people end up waiting for years even if they seek an independent adoption. Before an adoption can be completed, one must still complete a home study that overviews the environment that the child will be living in and that it is suitable.  Everything I have found when I have looked into adoption (most likely I will be having my children through this) is through even though if I chose to seek an independent adoption. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived