IGNORED

Seewalds 35: Silence is Golden

VaSportsMom

I have Kitten Fever!  I would love a little kitten again, but I have two right now and I'm a renter.  I'd never find another place with three cats.

Plus if I was every going to get another cat, it would probably be an adult 'cause kittens are crazy.

I'm kind of over babies at this moment, 'cause my upstairs neighbor has a new born and he seems to spend a lot of time crying.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kittens are adorable  and fun to watch but overrated, Destructive and very annoying generally. It does not help they get sick much more easily than older cats. Us the adoption rate of older cats compared to kittens in dismal.

6 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Kittens are adorable  and fun to watch but overrated, Destructive and very annoying generally. It does not help they get sick much more easily than older cats. Us the adoption rate of older cats compared to kittens in dismal.

Death & Destruction were terrors as kittens. They're worse as adults. Every bit as clumsy, less hyperactive but a helluva lot bigger. At 12 & 16lbs, when they decide to destroy something, it's done in minutes. Love them dearly though. Can't wait to watch them slip and slide in the new place. Upstairs is carpeted, downstairs isn't 

Ben’s sister Jess has graduated from the police academy and it looks like she’ll be a police officer in Benton, AR. She’s a conservative, gun-loving Trumper, but props to her for entering a male dominated field.

6BD325BE-98F6-407B-AADD-A06BD335DCDC.png

Ugh Jessica Seewald. I mean props to entering a male dominated field, at the same time; ugh!

I give Jessica props for getting out into the world and actually doing something usefull. For all their (many) faults, it seems like the Seewald parents have at least instilled some work ethic into their children. That said, I wish she had picked literally almost any other career. The world does not need another gun-fanatic, Trump-loving conservative with lethal power over other people.

I also think the fact that police training in Arkansas apparently takes all of 13 weeks (per the picture below) is SO MUCH of what is wrong with law enforcement in the US. How can you possibly think 3 months of training are enough to prepare people for the incredibly demanding, high-stakes job that is being a police officer? Small wonder so many people who should never be allowed anywhere near a gun make it onto the force. Small wonder so many officers shoot first and ask questions later when they are so woefully unprepared. Getting a license to cut people's hair takes four times as long as becoming a police officer. If this country can't see what's wrong with that, then I don't know how much hope there is left. I'll get off my soap box now, but this is a topic that REALLY gets to me. :(

On 8/10/2018 at 11:48 AM, Wifey4Lifey said:

Me too! My bf and I actually have a tradition of listening to this song every Friday morning while we get ready for work.

My Business Law teacher outright banned this song when us Senior and Juniors would use our computers to blast it all day on Fridays. 

Super random thought - but I wonder what Jess & Ben think of hip mega-churches like Hillsong. They seem like the most likely to branch out and join one of those churches but still maintain their more conservative beliefs. I can see them fitting in and the transition growing her brand. In my opinion she seems like the one most exposed to 'outside' influences like Christian music on the radio and feeding her kids organic food so I can kind of see her joining (but being one of the most conservative members)

My cousin was sworn into a police department in Texas a few months ago. She did almost a year at a police academy in Dallas first though. 

Here it is at least 2,5 years- more if you want to qualify for a job higher up the salary chain.

There are tons of hours including theory (legal basis of administration, constitution,  criminal and traffic law...., English, criminology, political education and weapon expertise for example) and practice (first aid, self defence, firing practice, mission training, sports and driving practice). They start with lots theory (obviously) before we trust them to fire a gun.

City of Benton, Arkansas, requires a 12-week and a 13-week training regimen. I guess 6 months is better than 3...

LVMPD is 27 weeks. Each academy class is pretty small these days. 

https://www.lvmpd.com/en-us/ProtectTheCity/Pages/LVMPDPoliceAcademy.aspx

No thanks though...I DO NOT have the patience to deal with some of the knuckleheads Metro has to deal with. I know myself well enough to know that if properly enraged I'd shoot first and forget to ask questions. 

That said, the LVMPD officers I've had contact with have been nothing less than utterly professional, polite and caring. I know there's a few bad eggs in the department but they get weeded out pretty quickly. The force is multi-ethnic and most officers can at least communicate in Spanish (among other languages). 

The officers that made the arrest of the tweakers here could have been the poster boys for LVMPD. One was black, one was white and one was probably Somalian. I'm pretty sure the black cop was x-military...he had that walk (if you've been around military guys, you know what I'm talking about...think liquid dude from T2). We were out on the balcony when they were leaving and we both thanked them for their service (policing in LV ain't no joke). 

Ok, as someone who has worked in child care for years, I don't really like CDs where kids sing, whether that is KidzBop, the Little People CDs, or just Silly Songs, or whatever. I love listening to a class of real children sing, but something about kids on a CD grates me.

With that said, the Duggar Girls CD sounds a lot like many of the kids Sunday School Cds I've heard and played throughout the years. Not bad, but not great either. Just kids singing

Good lord that video of Henry waking up is beyond cute. Like I’m about to melt in to a puddle its so damn cute.

On 8/10/2018 at 10:23 PM, SamiKatz said:

I have Kitten Fever!  I would love a little kitten again, but I have two right now and I'm a renter.  I'd never find another place with three cats.

Plus if I was every going to get another cat, it would probably be an adult 'cause kittens are crazy.

I'm kind of over babies at this moment, 'cause my upstairs neighbor has a new born and he seems to spend a lot of time crying.

I like kittens the same way I like other people's children...........

I visit, wind them up and leave the parents to deal with the inevitable meltdown ;) 

56 minutes ago, CoveredInBees said:

I like kittens the same way I like other people's children...........

I visit, wind them up and leave the parents to deal with the inevitable meltdown ;) 

Right there with ya! I hate the newborn stage for my own kids but I like other people’s newborns. I also will never own a kitten again (if I can help it). I much prefer to adopt adult cats from shelters. I already know their personality and I don’t have to deal with litter training, climbing/clawing, and incessant meowing. But I love other people’s kittens! 

On 8/9/2018 at 12:49 PM, Alisamer said:

sn't that basically how we got Friday by Rebecca Black?

SOOO late to the conversation. Sorry for that! But your blast from the past post prompted me to share this little nugget.

SOMETIMES IT'S NOT BLACK OR WHITE:

IMG_3380.jpg

2 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

He is adorable, but I do wonder why he would care it was Monday . . . 

he doesn't. Jessa is trying to be relatable  and tell us that Ben has to go to work 

Don't forget to read to between the lines with her video's. 

Henry is super adorable. I look like that no matter what day of the week it is, except Saturday and Sunday! :) 

It looks like he is waking up in their bed? I wonder if they co-sleep. That could be a potential road block to making another little Seewald. Its also straying from the what Boob and Michelle did- didn't they keep their bedroom door locked at night to keep the kids out?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived