IGNORED

Seewalds 35: Silence is Golden

VaSportsMom

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

puddle jumping babies. someone's going to need a bath after this. :laughing-rollingyellow:

I can't help it with these two. Adorable! Spurgen literally jumping and Henry more cautious...this is a sweet clip.

Who owns the dog?

5 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

I can't help it with these two. Adorable! Spurgen literally jumping and Henry more cautious...this is a sweet clip.

Who owns the dog?

they are at the TTH so I'm guessing a random Duggar pet we'll never see on the show 

3 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

they are at the TTH so I'm guessing a random Duggar pet we'll never see on the show 

I'm 99.99% sure that was the same dog we literally just saw in the latest episode of Counting On. It most likely belongs to the main family.

22 hours ago, nst said:

he doesn't. Jessa is trying to be relatable  and tell us that Ben has to go to work 

Don't forget to read to between the lines with her video's. 

Who got into your account? This can’t be @nst. This person is using punctuation and capitalization. :my_biggrin:

Jessa said in the new episode that she had never heard of a babymoon before and “maybe it’s a millennial thing.” I wonder what generation she thinks she is?

27 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Jessa said in the new episode that she had never heard of a babymoon before and “maybe it’s a millennial thing.” I wonder what generation she thinks she is?

I heard that too and was a tad confused...

2 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Well, they don't learn much at the SOTDRT

3 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Didn't Jessa and Ben go on a babymoon? Maybe to Hot Springs? Am I making this up? I might be making it up.

I honestly can't remember much of what Jessa and Ben did during Spurg's pregnancy. If I remember correctly we really only saw the end of it since she announced only about a month before 19KAK was canceled so by the time the show came back she was about ready to give birth. 

I consider Jessa to be a millennial, do you not?

She falls within the early 80's to mid 90's range with her 1992 birthday

In the last episode Jessa said that she and Ben were on a trip to Alabama(?) during her first pregnancy and decided to make it a babymoon.

I interpreted her millennial comment as her thinking that maybe the whole babymoon thing started with her generation which was why she hadn't heard of it before, vs. if it had been an older more established and widely known tradition. I'm a millennial and I probably either don't know or don't understand at least 75% of stuff that originated with or was popularized by millennials.

3 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

A lot of millennials don’t realize they’re millennials. They think gen y is what we’re still called and millennials are people born around 2000. 

7 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

In the last episode Jessa said that she and Ben were on a trip to Alabama(?) during her first pregnancy and decided to make it a babymoon.

I interpreted her millennial comment as her thinking that maybe the whole babymoon thing started with her generation which was why she hadn't heard of it before, vs. if it had been an older more established and widely known tradition. I'm a millennial and I probably either don't know or don't understand at least 75% of stuff that originated with or was popularized by millennials.

This could be it too!

8 hours ago, Jessalyn said:

I consider Jessa to be a millennial, do you not?

She falls within the early 80's to mid 90's range with her 1992 birthday

Yes, that’s the point. Her comment implied that she thinks she’s not a millennial. @Illmarryyoujana may be right that she thinks “millennial” means people born after 2000 (who have only barely started to have babies, so it would have to be a VERY new trend).

If I recall correctly, this was during the time Jessa was doing those speaking engagements for some kind of women's conference. One of the engagements was in Birmingham (near me) and I should have went. I don't remember why I didn't. Anyway, the clip they showed on CO of her and Ben was at Pepper Place farmer's market in Bham. It's definitely one of my favorite things to do in this city. They're open Saturdays until noon. Kind of surreal to see Jessa and Ben there at a place I've frequented so often. I remember feeling similarly the first time they aired those clips. 

11 hours ago, JillyO said:

Didn't Jessa and Ben go on a babymoon? Maybe to Hot Springs? Am I making this up? I might be making it up.

they went to a farmer's market.  After a speaking engagement where she wore a black skirt and was like heavily pregant and ben was beside her on stage. 

11 hours ago, Illmarryyoujana said:

A lot of millennials don’t realize they’re millennials.

Generation x all the way ! 

7 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Yes, that’s the point. Her comment implied that she thinks she’s not a millennial. @Illmarryyoujana may be right that she thinks “millennial” means people born after 2000 (who have only barely started to have babies, so it would have to be a VERY new trend).

Her comment definitely didn't imply that to me at all. If Jessa thought that millennials were the younger generation, why would she assume the babymoon thing originated with them? Spurgeon was born in 2015, which is apparently around the time she learned what a babymoon was. If she thought millennials were born around 2000, and she thought babymoons originated with millennials, it would follow that she thought babymoons had originated with people who were, at that moment, 15 years old or younger. That makes no sense.

7 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I think Jessa meant it in the way SingSingSing did- that it’s a newer term, so probably made up by people in her age group, and not one everyone would know. 

The use of generational terms is really interesting to me.  The media, and people in general, seem to have associated the term “millennial”with young, douchey privileged sheltered college kids, twenty-somethings who refuse to work or grow up and are overly entitled, and/or super spendy status conscious hipsters. So mostly in negative ways. 

It completely ignores that the milleneals are now all adults, and the older ones are knocking close to 40! They do face ( in the US at least ) staggering student debt and skyrocketing housing costs that can make getting started on “adulting” take a bit longer, for some, depending on location and career / life choices. But it cracks me up that some of the worst offenders of the “entitled millennial” meme shares are people who are, in fact, actual millenials - they are just in denial. 

As a complete statistics nerd , I really wish they would define each generation ( if they need to do it at all ) in set 2 decade blocks 1940-1959- Boomer. 1960-1979- Gen X 1980-1999 Millennial. I know there are reasons to use other calculations, but with every list there are a few years on either side of variation, and it annoys the hell out of me. Sorry stupid tiny thing that works my nerves.

This best way of defining a millennial I’ve ever heard was ‘old enough to remember 9/11 but too young to remember the Challenger disaster.’

40 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

This best way of defining a millennial I’ve ever heard was ‘old enough to remember 9/11 but too young to remember the Challenger disaster.’

Here we go again lol

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

What?

Cue the "I remember I was...during 9/11 or The Challenger disaster". I think we just had a round of this in the last couple months and several times in the past. That's all :5624798e9d94f_No-clue-man-no-clue-shurg:.

56 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Well that does it. I’m Gen X. I was born in ‘79 but I remember Challenger vividly 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived