Seewalds 35: Silence is Golden

VaSportsMom

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

885d8f622aaab481bbd3def16eb061db.png
Jessa is promoting the Lost Girls album on her story

Why are they doing this? I suppose that's a rhetorical question - the answer is 'for money and attention'. But the girls are not particularly strong singers. I hope they're not going to tour them.

3 hours ago, AprilQuilt said:

Why are they doing this? I suppose that's a rhetorical question - the answer is 'for money and attention'. But the girls are not particularly strong singers. I hope they're not going to tour them.

People will buy this shit just because they are Duggars.  Seriously.  I bet they will do a tour, even if it's limited.

Omg has it come to this? With out 19k and counting and Counting On barely hanging by thread, I guess they gotta make extra money somehow.

I feel so bad for these kids. They pimped the older kids out on the show now Gen 2Cs are forced to saaanng. Josie does have a beautiful voice.

I mentioned on Counting On Thread that I expect their leg humpers to buy a couple dozen cds. I could see a mini-tour of the Arkansas, Oklahoma, and maybe a bit of Texas tour. If Michelle and JB or Ben and Jessa do speaking engagements, I 100% expect them to gawk the girls cds. However, I can't see much demand for a follow-up cd. Why committ to excellence when you can half ass it? 

I haven't listened to the album. I suspect this is a springing board for Josie later on. She has the voice. With coaching, I can see her recording if she is allowed to. 

I won't snark too much on the girls doing an album, I am sure they had fun doing it and if I was their age and asked to do an album I would jump at the chance, if show fans want to buy it then why not. I don't think they are the best singers but neither are a lot of people in the charts these days.

The album seemed to be more Deanna's vanity project than an attempted cash grab by the Duggars. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they're more than happy to make money off it, but it seems Deanna was the driving force behind the whole thing.

3 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I won't snark too much on the girls doing an album, I am sure they had fun doing it and if I was their age and asked to do an album I would jump at the chance, if show fans want to buy it then why not. I don't think they are the best singers but neither are a lot of people in the charts these days.

oh, I'd have LOVED that when I was 9. I really really would. But if my parents had somehow swung it for me to record in a real studio, it would have been just for me. They definitely wouldn't have used the recordings for evangelism. That's the line this crosses; It becomes a responsibility and a job they lose a bit of their childhood to. The little kids had the opportunity for privacy since 19KAC ended, and this puts them right back out there.

Also I know the Duggars always sang a bit, but this family band dealio seems a bit downgrade for them. It's more of a J-Rod move.

5 hours ago, AprilQuilt said:

oh, I'd have LOVED that when I was 9. I really really would. But if my parents had somehow swung it for me to record in a real studio, it would have been just for me. They definitely wouldn't have used the recordings for evangelism. That's the line this crosses; It becomes a responsibility and a job they lose a bit of their childhood to. The little kids had the opportunity for privacy since 19KAC ended, and this puts them right back out there.

Also I know the Duggars always sang a bit, but this family band dealio seems a bit downgrade for them. It's more of a J-Rod move.

Hope this doesn't give Jill ideas.

10 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Hope this doesn't give Jill ideas.

I'd put money on her saying SHE gave THEM the idea.

17 hours ago, AprilQuilt said:

oh, I'd have LOVED that when I was 9. I really really would. But if my parents had somehow swung it for me to record in a real studio, it would have been just for me.

This is actually a current 'thing' local to me............ we have a small recording studio near us that does kids parties. They come along, sing some songs from Frozen/Greatest Showman etc and all go home with a CD. 

I guess they've just taken it that step further by grifting/flogging it to the leghumpers. I honestly thought it was a joke when I first saw it. 

On 8/7/2018 at 11:20 AM, AprilQuilt said:

has anyone listened to the music? I don't want to. 

what does it sound like ? 

and yes money and attention and because the little girls need to be on a show that was cancelled 

Of course they are going to tour - have not been introduced to the duggars ever??? lol

On 8/7/2018 at 7:17 PM, Pecansforeveryone said:

. Why committ to excellence when you can half ass it? 

because this is how they operate. 

2 hours ago, nst said:

has anyone listened to the music? I don't want to. 

what does it sound like ? 

and yes money and attention and because the little girls need to be on a show that was cancelled 

Of course they are going to tour - have not been introduced to the duggars ever??? lol

because this is how they operate. 

I listened to the clips and they’re not bad, but they’re nothing special either.  They just sound like a bunch of little kids singing with the help of auto tune.  Most people’s kids would sound about the same. 

Yes, this is just a way for them exploit their kids for money...the Duggar way.

21 hours ago, AprilQuilt said:

oh, I'd have LOVED that when I was 9. I really really would. But if my parents had somehow swung it for me to record in a real studio, it would have been just for me. They definitely wouldn't have used the recordings for evangelism.

Isn't that basically how we got Friday by Rebecca Black?

Eh, this is the Duggars. I think an album that the kids probably had fun making is one of the least terrible things they've done. Hope they try to keep it above JRod status though, rather than hitting the tent revival circuit.

If they were smart they would've put out a Christmas song album... maybe that'll be the sequel.

Personally, I think this is just a way for them to start putting the younger girls on our radar to have us get more familiar with them and their personalities for marketing purposes. Especially with the way they say the younger set of girls are just like the older girls "on repeat" with each of them having their match. Right now people basically only care about the older girls and then care about the rest of the 19 just because there's 19 total kids. I'm sure they realize that in order to maximize opportunities to keep the gravy train running they need to get people interested in more of the Duggars.

3 minutes ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

If they were smart they would've put out a Christmas song album... maybe that'll be the sequel.

Shhh...don't give them any ideas.

All I can say is, my internal monologue said something rhyming with muddy bell when I saw this... 

22 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Isn't that basically how we got Friday by Rebecca Black?

hahahaha....I sing this song ALL THE TIME on Fridays. so bad it's good. I've been a "fan" of Friday since my now-adult kids introduced it to me when it first came out.  True confessions: If the Youtube video has 20 million views a million are mine (not really)! 

If you want to see another awesome and funny alternate version of Friday, google  Jimmy Fallon/Stephen Colbert version.  It's hysterical and there's a cameo by former American Idol winner Taylor Hicks (remember him??). You're welcome!  (especially since today IS Friday!) 

I don’t think anyone has mentioned that at the end of Jinger’s birth video Jessa said that she’s “had baby fever for a long time.” So it sounds like they’re not preventing and probably not pregnant.

@QuiverFullofBooks Jessa is good at at sneaky implications.  I think it could mean at anything.  Baby fever could mean they're trying and its not working.  It could mean that she wants a baby but knows its sensible and is a bit sad about it.

It could mean anything.

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

hahahaha....I sing this song ALL THE TIME on Fridays. so bad it's good. I've been a "fan" of Friday since my now-adult kids introduced it to me when it first came out.  True confessions: If the Youtube video has 20 million views a million are mine (not really)! 

If you want to see another awesome and funny alternate version of Friday, google  Jimmy Fallon/Stephen Colbert version.  It's hysterical and there's a cameo by former American Idol winner Taylor Hicks (remember him??). You're welcome!  (especially since today IS Friday!) 

Me too! My bf and I actually have a tradition of listening to this song every Friday morning while we get ready for work.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived