Soulhuntress
On 1/3/2019 at 6:16 PM, Cartmann99 said:

*My autocorrect wants the YMCA instead of USMCA, so here goes:

Perfect!  

Depressed
onekidanddone
On 1/11/2019 at 5:46 PM, AmazonGrace said:

How on Rufus's green Earth are they going to

• Does he understand geography and understand he has to cover 2,000 some odd miles through sometimes desolate terrain?
  • Does he really believe he can buy all the land from people who will keep him tied up in court for decades?
  • Does he understand the word permit?
  • Does he know an undertaking like that would need in effect a rolling city for the workers?
  • Does he have the money to pay for the insurance?
  • Dose he know who will provide security?
  • Does he know where the exact border is between Mexico and the States? Because if he doesn't he is either going to be giving up American soil to Mexico or illegally building in Mexico

Please note: All questions above are obliviously rhetorical and I don't expect answers.  I'm just beyond fed up. 

AmazonGrace

GreyhoundFan

"I drew the ‘Cry Baby’ heard round the world. (No, it wasn’t Trump.)"

Spoiler

I worked as an artist in the sports department of the New York Daily News. The Yankees and Mets, the Giants and Jets, the Knicks and Nets were my daily targets. But one November evening in 1995, our editor in chief, Martin Dunn, wanted a political cartoon for Page One. I was on my way out the door, ready to take my young son to a basketball game. Instead, I spent a couple of hours with my pen and paintbrush adding a diaper, a baby bottle and a few fat teardrops to the exaggerated features of a grown man. The cartoon would become part of America’s shutdown lore.

The man was Newt Gingrich, speaker of the House. That morning at a breakfast, he copped to forcing a government shutdown, then in its second day, because of a petty grievance. He had returned from Israel a week earlier with President Bill Clinton and former presidents Jimmy Carter and George H.W. Bush. Together they’d attended the funeral of Yitzhak Rabin, the assassinated prime minister. Unlike the presidents, Gingrich (R-Ga.) was made to exit from the rear of Air Force One. The News’s Washington columnist, Lars-Erik Nelson, had the scoop.

At the breakfast, Nelson reported, Gingrich held forth, candidly expressing his outrage over the snub on the recent trip. “Here was Newt Gingrich, leader of the Republican Revolution and defender of civilization on this planet, forced to sit for 25 hours in the back of Air Force One, waiting for President Clinton to stop by and negotiate a budget deal,” Nelson wrote. He waited in vain. And so the government shut down. “I’m going to say up front it’s petty,” Gingrich said at the breakfast, “but I think it’s human. When you land at Andrews and you’ve been on the plane for 25 hours and nobody has talked to you and they ask you to get off by the back ramp . . . you just wonder, where is their sense of manners, where is their sense of courtesy?”

Dunn already had his headline when I got the assignment: “Cry Baby.” My job was almost too easy. My brother took my son to the basketball game while I wrapped up the art.

Today, you’d say it went viral. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), who was then in the House — and now, as Senate minority leader, is a key player in the current shutdown — was one of several Democrats who exhibited a giant poster of our front page at the Capitol. (Worried Republicans quickly voted to have it removed. They said it violated House rules that forbid showing disrespect to the speaker.)

image.png.77e340ef8070d09815aea3e203237583.png

Mockery is a powerful instrument. Dunn said that before Nelson died, he called it one of the only front pages that changed politics. Gingrich’s political influence and reputation never recovered. He and his party were blamed for that shutdown, which ended within a couple of days but was followed by another less than a month later. That one lasted 21 days , the longest in U.S. history until the current one overtook it this weekend. Gingrich came to be seen — perhaps partly as a result of that cartoon — as a petulant contrarian and a hypocrite rather than a conservative visionary. Seventeen years later, when he ran for president, protesters carrying the “Cry Baby” poster followed him on the campaign trail.

My only regret is that I left the News in 2015 after 46 years, before Donald Trump became president. On Wednesday, Trump abruptly left a shutdown meeting with Schumer and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.). “We saw a temper tantrum because he couldn’t get his way,” Schumer told reporters afterward.

I’ve seen this cartoon before.

I truly despise Newt. It's eerie how much the cartoon of him matches cartoons of Dumpy.

Depressed
onekidanddone
14 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

"I drew the ‘Cry Baby’ heard round the world. (No, it wasn’t Trump.)"

Hide contents

I worked as an artist in the sports department of the New York Daily News. The Yankees and Mets, the Giants and Jets, the Knicks and Nets were my daily targets. But one November evening in 1995, our editor in chief, Martin Dunn, wanted a political cartoon for Page One. I was on my way out the door, ready to take my young son to a basketball game. Instead, I spent a couple of hours with my pen and paintbrush adding a diaper, a baby bottle and a few fat teardrops to the exaggerated features of a grown man. The cartoon would become part of America’s shutdown lore.

The man was Newt Gingrich, speaker of the House. That morning at a breakfast, he copped to forcing a government shutdown, then in its second day, because of a petty grievance. He had returned from Israel a week earlier with President Bill Clinton and former presidents Jimmy Carter and George H.W. Bush. Together they’d attended the funeral of Yitzhak Rabin, the assassinated prime minister. Unlike the presidents, Gingrich (R-Ga.) was made to exit from the rear of Air Force One. The News’s Washington columnist, Lars-Erik Nelson, had the scoop.

At the breakfast, Nelson reported, Gingrich held forth, candidly expressing his outrage over the snub on the recent trip. “Here was Newt Gingrich, leader of the Republican Revolution and defender of civilization on this planet, forced to sit for 25 hours in the back of Air Force One, waiting for President Clinton to stop by and negotiate a budget deal,” Nelson wrote. He waited in vain. And so the government shut down. “I’m going to say up front it’s petty,” Gingrich said at the breakfast, “but I think it’s human. When you land at Andrews and you’ve been on the plane for 25 hours and nobody has talked to you and they ask you to get off by the back ramp . . . you just wonder, where is their sense of manners, where is their sense of courtesy?”

Dunn already had his headline when I got the assignment: “Cry Baby.” My job was almost too easy. My brother took my son to the basketball game while I wrapped up the art.

Today, you’d say it went viral. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), who was then in the House — and now, as Senate minority leader, is a key player in the current shutdown — was one of several Democrats who exhibited a giant poster of our front page at the Capitol. (Worried Republicans quickly voted to have it removed. They said it violated House rules that forbid showing disrespect to the speaker.)

image.png.77e340ef8070d09815aea3e203237583.png

Mockery is a powerful instrument. Dunn said that before Nelson died, he called it one of the only front pages that changed politics. Gingrich’s political influence and reputation never recovered. He and his party were blamed for that shutdown, which ended within a couple of days but was followed by another less than a month later. That one lasted 21 days , the longest in U.S. history until the current one overtook it this weekend. Gingrich came to be seen — perhaps partly as a result of that cartoon — as a petulant contrarian and a hypocrite rather than a conservative visionary. Seventeen years later, when he ran for president, protesters carrying the “Cry Baby” poster followed him on the campaign trail.

My only regret is that I left the News in 2015 after 46 years, before Donald Trump became president. On Wednesday, Trump abruptly left a shutdown meeting with Schumer and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.). “We saw a temper tantrum because he couldn’t get his way,” Schumer told reporters afterward.

I’ve seen this cartoon before.

I truly despise Newt. It's eerie how much the cartoon of him matches cartoons of Dumpy.

My name for him during the 1996 shutdown was The Demonic Baby

AmazonGrace

There are people to ride every train and some got left on the station. 

-my grandma-

Depressed
onekidanddone
5 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

There are people to ride every train and some got left on the station. 

-my grandma-

When God was passing out brains she thought god said 'trains' to which she replied "no thanks, I'll take the bus". 

Edited by onekidanddone

Wine time!
47of74
When God was passing out brains she thought god said 'trains' to which she replied "no thanks, I'll take the bus". 

Isn’t she the same one who handcuffed herself to Twitter HQ it was that some other Branch Trumpvidian?

I hope she’s jailed for this stunt.

Cartmann99
46 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Isn’t she the same one who handcuffed herself to Twitter HQ it was that some other Branch Trumpvidian?

I hope she’s jailed for this stunt.

She's also the one who got upset about someone slashing a tire on her car, posted a picture on Twitter to prove it, and then got mad when people explained to her that the tire hadn't actually been slashed.

https://www.boredpanda.com/fake-slashed-tire-tweet-laura-loomer/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

If she was driving around on six year old tires, I'm betting her vehicle hasn't had any routine maintenance done in years. :shakehead:

Wine time!
47of74
She's also the one who got upset about someone slashing a tire on her car, posted a picture on Twitter to prove it, and then got mad when people explained to her that the tire hadn't actually been slashed.
https://www.boredpanda.com/fake-slashed-tire-tweet-laura-loomer/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic
If she was driving around on six year old tires, I'm betting her vehicle hasn't had any routine maintenance done in years. :shakehead:

Yeah I was reading about some of her other misadventures. Such as riding service elevators, disrupting hearings, trials, and political rallies.

If I was a judge and she disrupted my courtroom I’d send her away for contempt as long as I could.

AmazonGrace

Ben Shapiro is worried that time travelers will hurt Baby Hitler. 

Wine time!
47of74
Ben Shapiro is worried that time travelers will hurt Baby Hitler. 

I have no fucking use for these Reich to life types. They don’t give two shits about human life once it exits the womb and sure as fuck don’t care about the mother at any point before, during, or after pregnancy.