IGNORED

Maxwell 23: Backyard Breeding

VaSportsMom

They are so full of crap. Surely they see fathers out with their kids at the park, or at a store, or traveling together, or just out in the neighborhood. 

Steve, I value my father highly, and always have. You know what? He values ME too. He helps me with things he's better at, and he asks me for help with things I'm better at. We travel together sometimes. We work on projects together. And when I was Sarah's age, and buying my OWN house, he helped me paint it and move my furniture! And he did the same for each of my younger sisters, when they bought THEIR OWN houses. He very proudly tells people about how his three daughters are all smart, strong, competent, independent college educated women, who helped around the farm as kids, can use any tool in his extensive wood and metal shop, taught some of his male friends how to do things like cut and hang drywall, have their own houses and jobs and can take care of themselves. 

If Steve and Teri died today (and I'm NOT hoping for that, to be clear), their daughters would be at a loss. One of the goals of parenting is to create adults who are independent to the best of their abilities. Not just sons, but daughters too. Steve's totally failed his daughters.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a terrible father and it makes me value fathers all the more. Yeah the stats these days are kinda of shitty, Maxwells, but it doesn’t mean the world does not value fathers. If anything, the reason society tracks a father’s absence or impact on the quality of life of their family is because fathers are that important. Trust me, as a whole, we humans value fathers very much, that’s why we are care so much about what they do.

3 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

Other than feeding , clothing and housing them I think Steve fails on every level of fatherhood.

He most certainly does. Yet many of their followers think he is the greatest person on earth. 

Steve does not look well in that photo. I wonder when he last had a checkup. Steve, I know you read here. Make sure your doc did a PSA test.

11 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Steve does not look well in that photo. I wonder when he last had a checkup. Steve, I know you read here. Make sure your doc did a PSA test.

They eat the Duggar junk diet too, I am surprised they are as well as they seem. 

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Why are fundies HELL BENT and making the real world (outside their bubbles) out to be some heap of garbage? I know this might shock Sarah but my father was very much in my life although my parents divorced when I was young. And 99% of my friends with divorced parents also had their fathers in their lives.  Just because Steve didn’t have a fantastic relationship with his bio father doesn’t mean it’s the same for everyone. It’s so obvious that Sarah only sees the world through Steve’s eyes. And that’s a huge failing on his part as a father. 

We could really shock her and tell her that after my parents divorced (I was 9, my sister was 6) we lived with our dad and saw our mom every second weekend!  He did a fantastic job of raising us and didn't shy away from anything, including learning how put our very long hair in braids and buying me pads when I started my period for the first time. 

1 hour ago, dripcurl said:

They eat the Duggar junk diet too, I am surprised they are as well as they seem. 

They exercise regularly (its on the schedule) so they are probably healthier than the Duggars. 

51 minutes ago, bluelady said:

We could really shock her and tell her that after my parents divorced (I was 9, my sister was 6) we lived with our dad and saw our mom every second weekend!  He did a fantastic job of raising us and didn't shy away from anything, including learning how put our very long hair in braids and buying me pads when I started my period for the first time. 

I mean, I'm sure Sarah's f'd up mindset would use this story as proof that fathers aren't valued. See, if your mom had just valued him and his role as father/leader more she wouldn't have divorced him.

2 hours ago, Dru said:

I mean, I'm sure Sarah's f'd up mindset would use this story as proof that fathers aren't valued. See, if your mom had just valued him and his role as father/leader more she wouldn't have divorced him.

THIS. This is the mindset that the Botkins used in So Much More, and it got me when I was 17. I thought that if I “honored” my father more, he would actually want to establish a relationship with me.

I found my old copy complete with my notes when I was organzing my stuff to move out. Now that I am done with school, I am going to do my own little summary soon. I’ll start a topic in Quiverful of Snark, and I think it will be helpful for members and lurkers alike to understand what all of this Stay at Home Daughter shit is about.

Stay tuned!

I guess fathers arent valued because some girls go to college and some men have a mortgage. You know its do it the Stevehovah way or the highway.I value my father. He worked hard to make life good for his family. He made sure we went to college and encouraged us to get a job gasp! He also loves his grandsons and granddaughters and they love him. Sorry Steve it may be your birthday but surprise! You are not father of the year. 

So Steve and Teri like to walk at 5am praying out loud.

If I ever hear of a drive-by shooting in Leavenworth, I’ll know why.

The pictures of Teri in the new post freak me out. I don't know why but it's definitely not something I should've been looking at first thing in the morning.

You just KNOW he’s got a timer “...sorry dear, your allotted talking time is over, now walk quietly while I lead us in prayer for an hour.” 

Neither Teri or Steve look well IMO. They look dried out, dessicated. And does Steve not own a pair of workout pants? Those ones do not look comfortable enough for a 7 mile walk.

1 hour ago, terranova said:

Neither Teri or Steve look well IMO. They look dried out, dessicated. 

When you're an evil person eventually it shows in your appearance.

I think Teri looks so different here (to me anyway) because all of her hair is tied back, and I seldom see her that way. The first photo on the post is more flattering to both of them than the third one. But to each their own. 

To use one of BigMama Junebug’s gentle expressions, Teri is not what you’d call a *pretty* woman, but she SURE looks better without that straight, gray hair pulling her face down — oops, another BMJB standard, less gentle!! Big Mama always got more exercised, and less circumspect, when discussing hair.  

But I imagine that just pulling her hair into a low pony treads perilously close to making an idol of “braided hair” and “adornments” and other things that were an issue in the time of the Apostle Paul. So we won’t see any better hairstyles than long & lank, anytime soon. (My words are for Teri X  Maxwell only, I absolutely defend to the death any FJ’er’s choice to wear her hair long and straight!)

Prayng aloud while walking jogged a memory  and gave me an insight into what that prayer probably sounds like. The memory is of Big Daddy JB adding on to the dinner-table prayer, along the lines of, “—and teach Li’l June how to be kind to her sisters and brothers” with a significant look in Someone’s direction. 

Here’s Steve, “and dear Lord, we just pray that Teri will finally after 50 years together stop pulling the blankets off me in her sleep—“

And Teri: “—and oh, dear Lord, may my husband and protector please come to understand that I don’t do it intentionally—“

I imagine quite a few friends [sic] they meet on their route speed up significantly when the Prayerers come into view, to pass them with just the briefest congenial greeting!!!

4 hours ago, catlady said:

I think Teri looks so different here (to me anyway) because all of her hair is tied back, and I seldom see her that way. The first photo on the post is more flattering to both of them than the third one. But to each their own. 

It's not a good look for her in my opinion. Neither she nor Steve are aging well.

Every time I see pictures of people using Airpods, it looks like they have limp cigarettes hanging out of their ears. Is it just me?

So they pray together for an hour while they walk, listen to preaching for another half hour, get home and read their bible and pray some more, pray again over each meal, then do a long family bible time in the evenings.

I'm not even sure nuns in a convent do this much praying. 

PS: I can't get over the over-the-top fussiness and impracticality of their t-shirt layering practices. Just freaking wear the black shirt, Teri. 

I walk three miles, but I also work.  There are regular walkers, but the most we say to each other is hi.  I don't know how they make all these friends while walking.  Other walkers and joggers are on a mission to do what they have to do and be done with it.  I can't imagine walking in those clothes or with my hair down either.  That is just torture.  The hair goes up in a bun and I wear shorts and tank tops in the summer.  They must be holding hands taking a leisurely stroll because hardcore walkers don't stop to socialize with everyone they see, nor do they dress like that.  My neighbors would think I lost my damn mind if I did my walking in a long skirt. 

@MamaJunebug Mary wears her hair in a plait/braid sometimes. 

Praying out loud on a walk?? If I was walking somewhere and overheard two people praying, I’d give them serious side-eye. 

@usedbicycle I'm not sure Steve really understands the concept of "friends." I think when he says "friends," he means they've seen certain people on their walks enough to say hello and smile and recognize each other. 

Real friends are messy. You don't always agree, sometimes they need help, sometimes you screw up or they screw up. Or they call right in the middle of Bible time and totally ruin the Holy Schedule. Steve doesn't want real friends.

You know, I was thinking this morning that the thing that sticks out to me the most about the Maxwells is their pride and self-adulation. It comes through in a million tiny ways. They "invested" in Airpods? Get real, Steve. You spent big bucks on a techie gizmo, you didn't "invest." The secrecy about everyday life while talking about the state of his 'nads at a WEDDING. I mean, really. For people who go on and on about being Christians, they come across as being insufferable.

My mother walks 2 hours every day. An hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon (to get the mail in the most crazy way possible). She knows the names of all the dogs she meets but not their owners. And she wouldn't call any of them friends. (My mother is 74 and looks younger than you two! I just had to point that out).

Dang praying out loud for a hour on the walk?  

In other Maxwell news I checked out Joseph’s and Jesse’s twitter and it looks like Joseph and Jesse went to Las Vegas in April (even went out on the town with some guys from the conference?!) and Jesse went to New Orleans last year.  Also Joseph hosts a meetup in KC now.

Spoiler

F5FC2CD3-1F64-4655-AEE7-2CA11CACFDE1.thumb.jpeg.d3a25dff813bb58ad9bdcb6f6f602e1a.jpeg09BBBF7D-A131-4C57-B88D-3D15EEC7A422.thumb.jpeg.b9bc57a2dc451931d6e99d3328956990.jpeg

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived