IGNORED

Maxwell 23: Backyard Breeding

VaSportsMom

27 minutes ago, socalrules said:

So am I the only one disturbed by what Anna was wearing in the picture with the bride? How do you wear that to a wedding? It looks like what you wear when all your good clothes are in the washer. Are those ugly, heavy, black shoes Anna’s fancy shoes? None of what she is wearing even matches, except for the white T-shirt that should not be worn at a wedding unless under a man’s shirt. I wonder if Anna found the woman in black’a dress to be immodest because even though it isn’t tight, you can tell she has hips. 

It’s interesting that Terri has more personality in her responses to the comments than she does when she actually writes a blog post. For some, she almost seemed normal. 

Yeah, Anna's outfit is a mismatched mess but I've seen so many men roll up to fundie weddings in shitty jeans and a polo shirt I'm not going to shit on her. Also those shoes kind of look like my Madden high heeled mary janes, which I love. :snooty:

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did I miss something? What was the ‘greatest part’ of the picture of I believe Jesse and one of the girls? Sarah instructed us to look closely but I’m not seeing anything. 

15 minutes ago, Odd1Out said:

Did I miss something? What was the ‘greatest part’ of the picture of I believe Jesse and one of the girls? Sarah instructed us to look closely but I’m not seeing anything. 

If you click to see the enlarged version of the image you can see that one of those wacky kids chucked a chip bag in the air. I mean, can you beat that! A chip bag! SO HILARIOUS! ?

8 minutes ago, Dru said:

If you click to see the enlarged version of the image you can see that one of those wacky kids chucked a chip bag in the air. I mean, can you beat that! I chip bag! SO HILARIOUS! ?

Seriously? Gorgeous surroundings and the best part of the pic is that she caught their act of littering in the pic????

3 minutes ago, Odd1Out said:

Seriously? Gorgeous surroundings and the best part of the pic is that she caught their act of littering in the pic????

It's a testament to what a fine job Steve and Teri did in eliminating all actual fun and entertainment from their lives.

On 9/11/2018 at 1:57 AM, Black Aliss said:

"personal size" pizzas are easier to manage.

Any pizza is a personal sized pizza if you believe in yourself. 

5 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Any pizza is a personal sized pizza if you believe in yourself. 

I have no idea of the context of this comment, as I just saw it while scrolling by on unread, but you owe me a new laptop because I laughed so hard.

... Are you my oldest? ?

37 minutes ago, Dru said:

If you click to see the enlarged version of the image you can see that one of those wacky kids chucked a chip bag in the air. I mean, can you beat that! A chip bag! SO HILARIOUS! ?

I had seen the bag right away, but I assumed that the wind had caught it. I’m annoyed at them now that they apparently just threw it.  That’s something a six-year-old would do. But then, they probably don’t know any more about wind and air currents than the average 6yo. Way to go, Steve. 

2 minutes ago, catlady said:

I had seen the bag right away, but I assumed that the wind had caught it. I’m annoyed at them now that they apparently just threw it.  That’s something a six-year-old would do. But then, they probably don’t know any more about wind and air currents than the average 6yo. Way to go, Steve. 

They know that God made the wind and that's good enough.

3 hours ago, Dru said:

Yeah, Anna's outfit is a mismatched mess but I've seen so many men roll up to fundie weddings in shitty jeans and a polo shirt I'm not going to shit on her. Also those shoes kind of look like my Madden high heeled mary janes, which I love. :snooty:

For the life of me I don't understand the fundie tendency to show up at weddings wildly underdressed, especially given that weddings are pretty much the focal point of fundie social life. As I've said in many a wedding thread, I don't expect everyone to dress like they're at the Royal Wedding (that would be ridiculous, but oh my god someone please introduce JRod to the world of British wedding hats because I want to watch that spectacle), but for god's sake, don't roll up to a wedding looking like you're on your way to Wegmans to pick up some laundry detergent. Anna's outfit is far from the worst offender I've seen (at least the skirt isn't denim), but were I her mother I'd pack her into the car and drive her to the nearest Ross/Marshalls/TJMaxx to pick up a suitable wedding guest dress that can be dressed up or down with the right shoes and accessories (actually, Joy's bridesmaid dresses are great guest dresses because they're so minimalist that you can easily make them more or less formal, and navy is an all-season color). 

Also, the picture of Ellie snuggling with Ruthanne and Lydia is adorable, though I really, really hope that the baby lying facedown with them is a doll and not Elizabeth. Though (credit where credit is due) the 2nd-gen Maxwells don't seem as prone to reckless child endangerment or giving age-inappropriate childcare responsibilities to older siblings as, say, the Rods/Duggars/Bateseseseses/Andersons, so I'm pretty confident it's a doll. 

14 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

For the life of me I don't understand the fundie tendency to show up at weddings wildly underdressed, especially given that weddings are pretty much the focal point of fundie social life. As I've said in many a wedding thread, I don't expect everyone to dress like they're at the Royal Wedding (that would be ridiculous, but oh my god someone please introduce JRod to the world of British wedding hats because I want to watch that spectacle), but for god's sake, don't roll up to a wedding looking like you're on your way to Wegmans to pick up some laundry detergent. Anna's outfit is far from the worst offender I've seen (at least the skirt isn't denim), but were I her mother I'd pack her into the car and drive her to the nearest Ross/Marshalls/TJMaxx to pick up a suitable wedding guest dress that can be dressed up or down with the right shoes and accessories (actually, Joy's bridesmaid dresses are great guest dresses because they're so minimalist that you can easily make them more or less formal, and navy is an all-season color). 

Also, the picture of Ellie snuggling with Ruthanne and Lydia is adorable, though I really, really hope that the baby lying facedown with them is a doll and not Elizabeth. Though (credit where credit is due) the 2nd-gen Maxwells don't seem as prone to reckless child endangerment or giving age-inappropriate childcare responsibilities to older siblings as, say, the Rods/Duggars/Bateseseseses/Andersons, so I'm pretty confident it's a doll. 

My MIL is fundie, United Pentecostal.  It's been awhile since I've been around the ladies in her church, but they do seem to dress up for special occasions like weddings.  They're everyday wear is a jean skirt and tennis shoes, with whatever type of shirt, and their hair pulled back or pinned up in a casual bun.  ( They never cut their hair)  For weddings though, they wear fancy dresses, and their hair is curled, teased, pinned, and heavily sprayed! 

4 minutes ago, Fun-Dee said:

My MIL is fundie, United Pentecostal.  It's been awhile since I've been around the ladies in her church, but they do seem to dress up for special occasions like weddings.  They're everyday wear is a jean skirt and tennis shoes, with whatever type of shirt, and their hair pulled back or pinned up in a casual bun.  ( They never cut their hair)  For weddings though, they wear fancy dresses, and their hair is curled, teased, pinned, and heavily sprayed! 

Pentecostal/Apostolic fashion is kind of an offshoot of my fundie obsession. Some of those ladies are EXTRA. 

@nastyhobbitses, I had to zoom in on the “baby” too.  The left leg looks so awkward that I was surprised they’d let Elizabeth lie on the floor in that position, but on a bigger screen I could see that it’s a doll. 

Too lazy to link, but have you seen the photo of jrod wearing a fascinator while 'riding' horseback in a skirt?

1 hour ago, catlady said:

@nastyhobbitses, I had to zoom in on the “baby” too.  The left leg looks so awkward that I was surprised they’d let Elizabeth lie on the floor in that position, but on a bigger screen I could see that it’s a doll. 

I did the same thing. Lol

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

For the life of me I don't understand the fundie tendency to show up at weddings wildly underdressed, es

Do they dress up for church? If so you'd think they would at least get as dressed up for a wedding as they would for church!

3 hours ago, sleepy_doggos said:
5 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Read more  

Too lazy to link, but have you seen the photo of jrod wearing a fascinator while 'riding' horseback in a skirt?

Ah ha ha ha ha link or it didn’t happen

8-D

2 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Do they dress up for church? If so you'd think they would at least get as dressed up for a wedding as they would for church!

I would think hat, too, but Anna Elizabeth is a MAXWELL. I believe her Uber-casual look is intended to show her supreme indifference to any young buckaroo who might be looking to court. If God has a husband in mind for her, He will send the lad her way via the only truly Biblical route: through STEVE.

Thus she dresses like she would fit any old day at the compound. “See? I’m not dressing to impress. God will move when Daddy — er, God — wants to move.”

14 hours ago, sleepy_doggos said:

i am getting way too much enjoyment of imagining Stevie casually reading this page late at night, only to come across Jill Rod in all her pseudo-victorian glory, and waking up Terri by reflexively shouting "what the fuck is that!"

I did attempt a draft connections map, but I'd worry I'd not know about certain connections between families. Also, I know pretty much bugger all about Vision Forum and that lot, except for Doug Phillips being a :music-tool:. So I wouldn't be able to include that part. 

3 hours ago, catlady said:

i am getting way too much enjoyment of imagining Stevie casually reading this page late at night, only to come across Jill Rod in all her pseudo-victorian glory, and waking up Terri by reflexively shouting "what the fuck is that!"

Even the horse looks like he has a "WTF" smile.  Or grimace.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived