IGNORED

Maxwell 23: Backyard Breeding

VaSportsMom

2 hours ago, catlady said:

I see a Norwex booth across the way (behind the blonde girl). I wonder if the Maxhellions bought any for cleaning ceiling fans. 

As long as they don't use them to wipe up "chicken juice" first, à la Lori Alexander. :puke-huge:

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Abby looks like she is over it.  And Joshua is witnessing?  Can you imagine a six year old telling you about where he is going when he dies?

IMG_0023-425x319.jpg

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Little blonde girl: “Why are you asking me where I’m going when I die? I’m five. Make the balloon animal already.”

B6777CE8-4663-422D-B29C-9F72796D99EC.jpeg

Actually, the kid is saying, "What's with the goddamn side ponytail again?"

5 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

I'll join you because I cannot figure out what the balloon creation in the last photo on the blog post is supposed to be. And my mind goes to dark places. Also because. . .brownies.

Ah, yes...come partake of my special "botanical beauties!"

Well, I’m gonna give credit where credit is due and say that both Anna and Mary are very talented at their respective crafts and if they weren’t Maxwells, they could probably have a thriving business as children’s entertainers. That’s some impressive balloon work and face painting and it’s incredibly sad that it’s just used as bait.

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

Abby looks like she is over it.  And Joshua is witnessing?  Can you imagine a six year old telling you about where he is going when he dies?

IMG_0023-425x319.jpg

I love Drew's side eye and smile combo.

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

IMG_0023-425x319.jpg

Oh dear, that is a horribly unflattering picture of whichever Maxwell girl that is. 

I can’t figure out where their money comes from.  Nobody seems to work.  How do you support all those people with a half assed blog?  And buy houses. Any “work” they do can’t be very well paid.  Those ghastly books aren’t making anything after costs.  How do they buy all those expensive fancy coffees?  So many questions!

29 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

I can’t figure out where their money comes from.  Nobody seems to work.  How do you support all those people with a half assed blog?  And buy houses. Any “work” they do can’t be very well paid.  Those ghastly books aren’t making anything after costs.  How do they buy all those expensive fancy coffees?  So many questions!

I can just see Ellie having lots more sweet doggie fellowship (well, at least once a year)

33 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

If, when Steve was at Boeing, he received generous stock options and also participated in an employee stock purchase plan, and Boeing matched his 401K contributions, and if he held onto that stock for all these years, they've got buckets of money.

9 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

If, when Steve was at Boeing, he received generous stock options and also participated in an employee stock purchase plan, and Boeing matched his 401K contributions, and if he held onto that stock for all these years, they've got buckets of money.

So Steve controls with money.  How awful for them.

2 hours ago, Granwych said:

Actually, the kid is saying, "What's with the goddamn side ponytail again?"

Ah, yes...come partake of my special "botanical beauties!"

Lol As much as i shit on Sarah and the side ponytail I actually don't mind this low version, it's the one that's half way up her head like she's a 14 yo extra in a bad 80's movie that drives me bokers.

2 hours ago, sparkles said:

Well, I’m gonna give credit where credit is due and say that both Anna and Mary are very talented at their respective crafts and if they weren’t Maxwells, they could probably have a thriving business as children’s entertainers. That’s some impressive balloon work and face painting and it’s incredibly sad that it’s just used as bait.

I agree. I'm guessing they've been working hard in this since last year because there is noticeable improvement in their work.

@Abstract,  I noticed the Bad Hair Day on the Maxwell girl, too.  I'm having a Bad Hair Day today myself, but then I got up at 3:30 to catch a 6 o'clock flight and I did not get a shower.

Ugh they did Mt. of the Holy Cross That's literally in my backyard. And they were in Leadville where I live. I didn't see any fundies this summer though!

And they really need to stop  stacking rocks. Every tourist does it, and yeah, it's not part of leave no trace.

11 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Diagramming sentences was my superpower! I could diagram some shit out of sentences and I absolutely loved it. I found it soothing. I'm not sure it has helped me a great deal in life, though. 

I loved  diagramming sentences and think it may have helped me learn to read & listen a little more critically than I might have, otherwise.  Geometry introduced me to logic, which love/d with a near-passion.

It seems like now Teri is the one who replies to all the blog comments, before it was Sarah. I wonder if Sarah was corrupted by some comments and is not allowed to read them any more?

I don't know if our small town school still teaches cursive writing; but I sure hope they do. 

When my kids were in kindergarten, they were taught the D'Nealian style of prtinting, which was developed to help the transition to cursive. The school had a policy of starting cursive in third grade and I received numerous notes from my daughter's second grade teacher. My daughter was going rogue and writing in cursive A YEAR EARLY and could I please remind her that it was not time for that yet?? *sigh*. To this day, her penmanship is beautiful and she has  a real talent in lettering. 

My son, on the other hand, has writing that looks like a monkey has written with its foot. We always tell him to let his five year old cousin write his cards; because it would look nicer. He, like a lot of men, never developed his writing skills. Actually, most of the men in my family have poor handwriting. 

14 hours ago, Lisafer said:

Be still my heart! SPN forever! 

:big-heart:For ever and ever and ever

So apparently Steve got tons of money out of his former job with Boeing. Otherwise their lifestyle wouldn't be possible IMHO. Although they certainly save a fortune when it comes to food.

Is that money Christopher is handing out for knowing the commandments real money or are they tracts?

7 hours ago, usmcmom said:

My son, on the other hand, has writing that looks like a monkey has written with its foot. We always tell him to let his five year old cousin write his cards; because it would look nicer. He, like a lot of men, never developed his writing skills. Actually, most of the men in my family have poor handwriting. 

Heh. The first thing I ever said to my husband was, “I can’t read your writing.”

2 hours ago, terranova said:

Is that money Christopher is handing out for knowing the commandments real money or are they tracts?

It looks like the one boy who named all 10 commandments got an actual $20 bill along with one of those million dollar tracts.

Hopefully he was careful to keep the $20 and toss the tract, and not the other way around!

48 minutes ago, VodouDoll said:

Heh. The first thing I ever said to my husband was, “I can’t read your writing.”

My husband worked in public accounting for years. Any writing he did for that  was always just upper case printing.  When he needed to sign something, he struggled to even remember how to connect letters for a cursive signature. Now his signature is just his first initial and a long squiggle line.  ?

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

It looks like the one boy who named all 10 commandments got an actual $20 bill along with one of those million dollar tracts.

Hopefully he was careful to keep the $20 and toss the tract, and not the other way around!

Surely there wasn't just one person who knew all 10? Around these parts, people would just rattle them off and take his money, lol.

12 hours ago, rural juror said:

It seems like now Teri is the one who replies to all the blog comments, before it was Sarah. I wonder if Sarah was corrupted by some comments and is not allowed to read them any more?

Sarah said something a few weeks ago about having someone else respond to comments because she was just too busy to do so herself. (Pssst, wanna buy a bridge?)

Say what you will about the balloon ministry, those Flying Spaghetti Monster balloon headdresses are pretty awesome. Oh, they're actually octopi?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived