IGNORED

Maxwell 23: Backyard Breeding

VaSportsMom

Chris got referred to as a “bro-in-law”. That’s probably the first time that’s ever happened! 

To my untrained eye, those photos don’t look too terrible.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who didn’t see that coming? Lol

She was taking so long to post and posted all the wedding posts very quickly - around July so she could wrap them up before th prego post. :)

2 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

I'd laugh if John & Chelsy flipped the Kansas house and moved to Iowa to be nearer to the Bontragers.  Hi, Steve.  

I wouldn't be surprised. There can't be a huge amount of support in Kansas for Chelsy. Terri doesn't strike me as the kind of Mother in Law that will come and take baby for a walk while she showers. Or cook her dinner. And her married sisters -in-law are all busy enough with their own arrows. The Unmarrieds might be of use but there are only three of them and a dozen grandkids to look after. And we know how busy they all are. :pb_rollseyes:

Chelsy's will be only the third Bontrager baby so she would presumably get more support from that side of the family.

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Chris got referred to as a “bro-in-law”. That’s probably the first time that’s ever happened! 

To my untrained eye, those photos don’t look too terrible.

Those photos are some of his best "work".  

12 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Those photos are some of his best "work".  

I wonder if it’s because Chelsy has been into photography as a hobby and have Chris lots of tips and direction. 

22 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

I have personal experience on this front-- I've had people say some really rude and nasty things to me once I hit my 30s and still didn't have kids. I actually do like kids and I have worked with them in various capacities. But I don't believe in bringing children into this world if you can't afford to take care of them. So I didn't have any.

Same. When we had our daughter my husband's whole family was astonished. They were like, "We thought you hated kids!" We were baffled. Why would they think that? We love kids. Just we waited to have one until we were in our early 30s, both well-established in our careers, and could comfortably afford one.

Scary Mary is 22 today.  Same old boring facts...she loves children, Carmel lattes, and has a servants heart.

And she gets to go on a death march aka 14er today.

On 8/13/2018 at 7:56 PM, Sequoia said:

I wonder if the puppies have been kept off the blog so that they can't be criticized for grift by puppy? Perhaps someone considered that selling puppies to their captive audience of dozens might present poorly, and so Sarah has carefully kept Ellie's quiver and its fullness mum.

I think they haven't been mentioned on the regular blog because Ellie and the puppies are merely 'extended' family...

17 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

I think they haven't been mentioned on the regular blog because Ellie and the puppies are merely 'extended' family...

I would agree except I'm not sure because she's still living under Steve's umbrella of protection. I real head scratcher trying to figure out how to categorize her and the possible pups. God forbid we don't dice family up into sub categories.

She is the master get-any-stain-out-of-clothes expert.

Oh fuck, that is horrid way to say something nice about a person.

I don’t want to sound disrespectful about Colorado but those mountains they do the death marches on look so depressing and just bare rocks. I love walking but a greener mountain, a river or a coast walk is so much more ‘fun’. Even the penguin man boys visit lighthouses!

Even if I liked hiking, doing a 14er on my birthday every damn year would get boring fast. Their lives are so scheduled and regimented it’s depressing. 

7 hours ago, johnhugh said:

Oh fuck, that is horrid way to say something nice about a person.

I don’t want to sound disrespectful about Colorado but those mountains they do the death marches on look so depressing and just bare rocks. I love walking but a greener mountain, a river or a coast walk is so much more ‘fun’. Even the penguin man boys visit lighthouses!

I mean, I kind of take pride in my stain removal abilities because I know a lot of people that chuck clothes over grass or ink stains. That said, if it were listed as one of the "awesome facts" about me I would side-eye the shit out of the person that wrote it.

When I first read the thing about Mary's stain removal abilities I read it as she was a master at getting stains out of carpet.  I'd invite to clean my carpet after our new pup poops on it.  

19 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

When I first read the thing about Mary's stain removal abilities I read it as she was a master at getting stains out of carpet.  I'd invite to clean my carpet after our new pup poops on it.  

My first thought was wondering how she'd do shampooing my Mom's living room furniture.  

Rufus forgive me, when I read about how Mary can get any stain out of clothing, my mind went to some verrrrrry bad places.

Also, my user title says "Living in Open Fornication" but I am also labeled "Espoused," and I find the combination hilarious and confusing. 

35 minutes ago, Markie said:

Can she remove red wine stains? Asking for a friend...

I like those Carbona Stain Devils, in the little yellow bottles. Haven't used the wine one, but the one for blood works GREAT.

1 hour ago, 16strong said:

I like those Carbona Stain Devils, in the little yellow bottles. Haven't used the wine one, but the one for blood works GREAT.

Fyi are oxyclean.

8 hours ago, 16strong said:

I used the one for ink and was a little disappointed.  It lightened the stain but didn't get it out completely (used it several times on the one stain).

Where's the stain master, Mary Maxwell when i need her?

I doubt that Shakespeare is touched on in Maxhell (especially Macbeth, cue Mary screaming out damn'd spot, I say).

11 hours ago, kpmom said:

used the one for ink and was a little disappointed

My grandmother taught me to use hairspray, at least for pen, sounds bizarre but it's always worked for me. I still keep an aerosol of hairspray in the house for that reason only. You spray the ink then throw in the washer, but don't put it in the dryer till you're sure the stain is gone, air dry it instead so you can retreat if needed. Also I have no delicate garments because elementary teachers get grubby, so I don't know if this is safe for fabrics other than cotton or denim or their easy to clean fabric friends.

On 8/21/2018 at 8:26 AM, SPHASH said:

Scary Mary is 22 today.  Same old boring facts...she loves children, Carmel lattes, and has a servants heart.

And she gets to go on a death march aka 14er today.

There was a picture of her on the mountain with sandals on.  It made me nervous.  She could have broken her neck.

Does anyone know if Bryn Bontrager is pregnant yet? 

22 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

There was a picture of her on the mountain with sandals on.  It made me nervous.  She could have broken her neck.

Does anyone know if Bryn Bontrager is pregnant yet? 

The thing about Bryn and Mitch is that they are pretty quiet. They don’t blog or do social media so if we hear anything from them, it’s through their family members. So I actually think it’s possible they are expecting but haven’t announced online. There was a picture posted last month where they were posing and it seemed like a pregnancy pose. But it was nothing definitive. Just speculation. Here is the picture of Bryn with her hand on her midsection. It’s just such a common thing for pregnant women to do that it made me think she might be pregnant. 

C106DD99-606D-4401-A597-B63DD8E89C3C.jpeg

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The thing about Bryn and Mitch is that they are pretty quiet. They don’t blog or do social media so if we hear anything from them, it’s through their family members. So I actually think it’s possible they are expecting but haven’t announced online. There was a picture posted last month where they were posing and it seemed like a pregnancy pose. But it was nothing definitive. Just speculation. Here is the picture of Bryn with her hand on her midsection. It’s just such a common thing for pregnant women to do that it made me think she might be pregnant

You know, that does look like it now that you mention it. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived