IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 2: Divorce? What Divorce?

VaSportsMom

53 minutes ago, sajetime said:

And you are to show nothing but joy and happiness at all times — no matter how phony, robotic and superficial it comes across. 

Because to do otherwise would be an inherent criticism of Gwen, right?  Horrible.

Is her "covenant" wedding being live streamed?

I'd love to read a tell-all book from her current ex, but I wonder if he had to sign an NDA to get a divorce settlement.  I'd also like to cynically introduce the term "covenant divorce". 

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Howl said:

Because to do otherwise would be an inherent criticism of Gwen, right?  Horrible.

Is her "covenant" wedding being live streamed?

I'd love to read a tell-all book from her current ex, but I wonder if he had to sign an NDA to get a divorce settlement.  I'd also like to cynically introduce the term "covenant divorce". 

There is going to be a book release soon from "Tarzan's" baby momma. I'd like to see if there is any mention of the queen in there or what dirty inside secrets  she has! 

48 minutes ago, NotSkeered said:

There is going to be a book release soon from "Tarzan's" baby momma. I'd like to see if there is any mention of the queen in there or what dirty inside secrets  she has! 

Ooooooh!  Details? Title?

Question: Besides seeming almost identical in personality to Lori Alexander, from ex member testimonies, Gwen seems to have highly frowned upon men AND women who did not work no matter the cause or reason frequently citing 2 Thess 11. I’ve also noticed it seems like many RF members who are women do work for Weigh Down. 

Does Gwen teach against being a stay at home mom?

12 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Can you elaborate on the caste/monarch system? I’m just so baffled that people who call themselves Christians would have a system like that. Jesus said we are to love the poor and needy.

Of course! 

Have you ever heard of the term "Remnant Roaylty"? Its more or so an internally used term.The term "Remnant Royalty" correlates to my caste/monarch system comment. Gwen and the majority of Remnant Fellowship view themselves as some form of "royalty" to their god. They view themsleves to be in a higher-than-thou mental, emotional and physical state/status compared to those outside the cult. Remnant members consistently play the "humilty" card in one hand but have a "golden scepter" on the other. This mindset along with the socioeconomic system of Remnant Fellowship closely tie in with each other to make this weird caste/monarch-like system.

I have studied (VERY closely) the socioeconomic system within Remnant Fellowship. It's not entirely unique, seeing as many cults use a similar system to gain control and keep it's members in line, however there are a lot of interesting elements to it. I will explain in summary what I have learned, was taught, observed and experienced in relation to this system I was a part of for over 10+ years.

Before I begin: I understand that we humans are social creatures. Groups, clicks and the like are not exclusive to any group, organization, religion, cult etc. Remmant Fellowship's however is very cult-like, yet interesting  and very unique in a lot of ways.

The System:

Gwen at the top of the command followed by leadership, deacons, ministry leaders, committee leaders, appointed elders older members, younger members then the youth. Remnant Fellowship's caste/monarch-like system is broken down into a relitively simple socioeconomic system known as "circles" (as they call it). This system is comprised of an "inner", middle and outer circle.

Inner Circle -  The "inner circle" members include the "core" group with Gwen at the center, surrounded by leadership, their families and most (not all) of the oldest members (tenure, not age) of the cult. This circle also is made up of other groups comprised of most deacons and their families as well as ministry leaders, most youth leaders and such, with the exception of a few random members as well having connections. This is where (mostly) everyone in the aspires to be a part of and strives to stay in.

Middle Circle - The "middle" circle is mostly comprised of the general RF populace. There are tons of different types of groups and groups within those groups. Most of these individuals (depending on the history) have been in and out of the inner and outer circle. This is where leaders encourage people to be in conjunction with also wanting to be in the "inner" circle. Members are consistenyly encouraged to be, "In the middle of the pack." (direct quote, not paraphrasing). 

This circle is the backbone of RF. This circle was my personal comfort zone when I was invovled with RF. This is where a good "sense" of community, connection and belong was placed in the cult. I felt "out" of place in the "inner circle" (especially learning how bad it was the closer I got to the top) and was near-death afraid of being in the "outer circle" or "out of the pack".

Outer Circle: This is where it gets interesting. The outer circle is comprised of those who are new to RF and are getting their footing/ground. This is also home to those who haven't fully commited and/or intergrated into RF. This circle is also made up of those "inbetweeners" and "strugglers" I mentioned a few posts back. Those individuals weave in between groups but mostly reside in the middle or outer circle. Individuals in this circle are treated and viewed MUCH more differently than those who are in the inner circle and most of the time, even those who are in the middle. Social groups in this circle are notably smaller yet more plentiful, way more than the middle and inner circles. Those in this particular circle usually associate with a few members to those who are in the inner circle (intergration/"being pulled back in the middle") and the middle circle as well (friends, family ties etc)

As someone who has  navigated all 3 circles I can say without a doubt that the majority of RF's outside/strugglers/inbetweeners reside here. Most members that are in this circle (that are not new) stay here due to many reasons: 

1. Fear of retaliation of those in the inner circle, leadarship mostly.
2. "Hiding out" from the rest of the congregation's circles due to weight gain, deep mental, emotional and physical distress.
3. Shame, doubt, anger and at times jealousy of others for being in the position they are in.
4. Comfort and "complacency" in not completely "going all in".
5. Being judged and treated as a "special" case, someone who is ready to "jump ship" at any time.

Financial and family status play huge parts into being placed in these circles. I noticed for a while that a LOT of wealthy and/or "well off", (upper middle class and upper class) traditional families tend to navigate / and are placed towards the inner or the middle circle while poorer / less stable and less traditional families navigate in the middle and (mostly) the outside circles. The more money and time investments given to Gwen the church body, the more you are seen in higher regard as a member of the church. Specifically, soemone who is "all in" or "sold out for Gwen  God".

Note: There isn't a blatant "I am so-and-so from the inner circle/leadership/deacon's child, I cant / wont hangout with you outer circle people" vibe however from my experience, there is a subtle yet strong wedge between the inner circle and all other circles. The inner circle is considerably more exclusive than the rest. 

Charity (In reference to your Jesus comment):

Remnant Fellowship is not totally without charity and community engagement. They have from time to time helped the poor and needy outside of the church. From my experience, non-local/out-of-towners are known for reaching out and being considerably more engaged in their communities and charity than the central/Brentwood Remnant. This is in part due to these individuals already being involved with their communities pre-Remnant and/or utlizing the ability to do engage in their community without scrutiny of them being an RF member. Evangelism/recruitment is a focus a lot of times and is also is a lot more easier for out-of-towners to perform as well. 

We all can assume why Central/Brentwood Remnant would be a different story. They have historically been viewed in a negative light to not only in the Nashvile/Franklin/Brentwood area, but a significant portion of Middle TN. Its rather difficult to engage in your community when your community truly knows who and what you are (a cult). The words "Remnant Fellowship" and "Weigh Down" nose-cringe a lot of people who know about it.

On 8/13/2018 at 1:38 PM, luv2laugh said:

My question is why can’t Remnant Fellowship/Weigh Down Ministry accept any criticism? If they are so confident and secure in themselves and their church/ministry, let ex members openly share their personal experiences, good or bad. Let the truth speak for itself if they are so positive there is nothing but 100% good. Clearly, TLC, the Duggars, and IBLP Gothard HQ were confident enough to not shame people and ex members for going public with their stories. Remnant Fellowship should just be confident in themselves and if they have nothing to hide why worry about what ex members say about them? Why try to pit families and friends against each other and be so petty? They should let SJWaterford’s spouse take his daughter out for lunch- for heaven’s sake. Remnant shouldn’t try to stoop to Scientology’s level. Life is very short and Christians are supposed to be like Jesus to people.

The answer to your question is quite simple in my eyes @luv2laugh. It all starts from the top. Gwen herself is the prime example of an adult with a huge ego, a victim complex followed up by a bit of an infiriority complex. Because of this, she fears retaliation more than anything. She despises individuals who criticize her faith, beliefs and her "church". This is the case with non-RF members and ESPECIALLY ex-remnant members but also current RF members. She hates that there are individuals that will call her out, share their experiences and expose her for who she and her church really are/is. She thrives on being Miss "Right" and being the center of everything. She loves being everyone's "Mary Sue".

From one one side of her mouth, Gwen preaches about loosing one's pride and being humble are keys to being closer to her god. She often claims that she and her people are the most humble, down to earth people on this planet. Unfortunately when she talks from the other side of her mouth, this is revealed not to be the case. There are so many subliminal and blatant "me, me, me, I, I, I, we, we, we,sonly us, only us, only us" undertones that circulate in Gwen's teachings. Because of this and many other selfish elements she exudes, she and many RF members tout their "spirital superiority" and testify about the "fruit of their message/lifestyle" while (ironically and at times hilariously) being ignorant of their own vanity, pride and vunerablitiy.

9 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Question: Besides seeming almost identical in personality to Lori Alexander, from ex member testimonies, Gwen seems to have highly frowned upon men AND women who did not work no matter the cause or reason frequently citing 2 Thess 11. I’ve also noticed it seems like many RF members who are women do work for Weigh Down. 

Does Gwen teach against being a stay at home mom?

The weird thing was it depended on who it was if it was frowned upon. Many of the inner circle wives did not hold normal jobs but supported the church and/or weigh down. Other times it was frowned upon...Gwen talked out of both sides of her mouth on that one.

10 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

The weird thing was it depended on who it was if it was frowned upon. Many of the inner circle wives did not hold normal jobs but supported the church and/or weigh down. Other times it was frowned upon...Gwen talked out of both sides of her mouth on that one.

It's probably all about money. The inner circle seems very affluent so who cares if the wife works or not. But more money in the family if both parties work, more money for the church. My opinion of course. I remember a story about a couple who were out of work, coming to Nashville and Gwen was rude to them, telling them they should be back home searching for work. Seems to me that at the core, it's about money. If they are out of work, then they can't tithe or give money. Her whole kingdom depends on that.

2 hours ago, SJWaterford said:

It's probably all about money. The inner circle seems very affluent so who cares if the wife works or not. But more money in the family if both parties work, more money for the church. My opinion of course. I remember a story about a couple who were out of work, coming to Nashville and Gwen was rude to them, telling them they should be back home searching for work. Seems to me that at the core, it's about money. If they are out of work, then they can't tithe or give money. Her whole kingdom depends on that.

Yes, I read the same ex-member testimony. Some fundamentalist cults emphasize women are to only be “keepers of the home” so it is interesting to hear of Gwen chastising a woman (who was disabled) for not working.

13 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

Gwen talked out of both sides of her mouth on that one.

Talking out of both sides of her mouth really is just her m.o. in general, right?

For women: Take care of (and preferably homeschool) the children and the husband and the house ... but work and generate income for the church too.

Live in extravagant homes ... but don't store up for yourselves treasures on earth.

Be well-employed ... but be free of all selfish ambition and workaholism.

Serve a bounty of food at all weddings and festivals ... but don't eat.

Love your neighbor ... but not if he refuses to join the church/leaves the church/gains weight/is in the wrong circle.

Stay in your difficult marriage ... unless Tarzan.

1 hour ago, sajetime said:

For women: Take care of (and preferably homeschool) the children 

...or take them to "Remnant Academy", IF your child gets in. 

2 hours ago, sajetime said:

Talking out of both sides of her mouth really is just her m.o. in general, right?

For women: Take care of (and preferably homeschool) the children and the husband and the house ... but work and generate income for the church too.

Live in extravagant homes ... but don't store up for yourselves treasures on earth.

Be well-employed ... but be free of all selfish ambition and workaholism.

Serve a bounty of food at all weddings and festivals ... but don't eat.

Love your neighbor ... but not if he refuses to join the church/leaves the church/gains weight/is in the wrong circle.

Stay in your difficult marriage ... unless Tarzan.

It is so confusing....

Is there a hierarchy of which children are accepted to the school?

51 minutes ago, sleepy_doggos said:
2 hours ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

Is there a hierarchy of which children are accepted to the school?

Not officially, however it is worth noting that the last time I checked a lot of "inner circle" children were RF Academy members. I am not sure what the attendance is like now.

So I have 2 weddings to attend on Saturday (one in the early morning and one in late afternoon). I am afraid of what this thread will look like when I am done celebrating the night away!  Or do the (former) insiders think that there will be social media silence and we won't be able to see anything?

Silly question - for those on this thread that read JRod - do you bet Gwen's dress will be more or less gaudy than anything JRod does? :D

25 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Silly question - for those on this thread that read JRod - do you bet Gwen's dress will be more or less gaudy than anything JRod does? :D

Gwen's style seems more "Magnolia Pearl before it wore out and mildewed" along with a sort of pastel pinterest thing. JRod is more "80's heavy metal groupie going to church". I can't see Gwen having hot pink saloon-girl dresses in her wedding. I don't have any idea what she'll wear, but I bet the bridesmaids will all be in neutral light colors in a cut that hangs off them showing off how skinny they are.

34 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Or do the (former) insiders think that there will be social media silence and we won't be able to see anything?

I would guess they will NOT stream it. They have been very hush-hush lately -- no webcast services for going on two weeks (and during Days of Awe, one of their most holy times of the year). There is no presence of Gwen/Joe's relationship anywhere online, other that one brief announcement that was posted then poofed.

And here's why ... they'll say it's because they're "under attack" (from satan, from haters, from sites like this, from Joe's ex, the courts, the media, etc. etc.)

But here's really why: Shame. They don't want to draw attention to Gwen's divorce, to her significant wealth as outlined in the divorce decree, to her immediate post-divorce engagement to a once-hunky has-been actor, to the custody battle they're in. They will act like David Shamblin never existed -- just like every member and leader who ever left. They will scrub the record -- just like they did when a member left his bride of one year to be true to himself/his sexuality. While she'll have an extravagant party for her adoring flock, to the outside world, they will pretend like this event never happened, but that it just always was this way.

Prove me wrong, Remnant, because I know you're reading!

25 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Gwen's style seems more "Magnolia Pearl before it wore out and mildewed" along with a sort of pastel pinterest thing. JRod is more "80's heavy metal groupie going to church". I can't see Gwen having hot pink saloon-girl dresses in her wedding. I don't have any idea what she'll wear, but I bet the bridesmaids will all be in neutral light colors in a cut that hangs off them showing off how skinny they are.

Thank you for this -- all of it! 

24 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I agree but Magnolia Pearl ala Gwen style can still be tacky/gaudy. Her hair, washed out makeup, etc. I agree the colors will be neutral light colors, because of that whatever the color is it will wash out all the bridesmaids coloring. Considering Gwen is over 60, if she dresses in the majority of wedding dresses she will instantly show her age and look like she is trying to be a 20 or 30 something bride.

1 hour ago, sajetime said:

I would guess they will NOT stream it. They have been very hush-hush lately -- no webcast services for going on two weeks (and during Days of Awe, one of their most holy times of the year). There is no presence of Gwen/Joe's relationship anywhere online, other that one brief announcement that was posted then poofed.

And here's why ... they'll say it's because they're "under attack" (from satan, from haters, from sites like this, from Joe's ex, the courts, the media, etc. etc.)

But here's really why: Shame. They don't want to draw attention to Gwen's divorce, to her significant wealth as outlined in the divorce decree, to her immediate post-divorce engagement to a once-hunky has-been actor, to the custody battle they're in. They will act like David Shamblin never existed -- just like every member and leader who ever left. They will scrub the record -- just like they did when a member left his bride of one year to be true to himself/his sexuality. While she'll have an extravagant party for her adoring flock, to the outside world, they will pretend like this event never happened, but that it just always was this way.

I just have to let this out: Dayyyyyyyyuuuummmmm! SAY IT LOUDER FOR THOSE IN THE BACK. *clap* *clap*

Gwenzan vs J-Rod? I agree with the fashion observations thus far. In the hair department, I am thinking Gwenzan will be more over the top. Literally. She already has twice as much (presumably fake) hair as she has skull. Roddess Divine has outdated hair, but it's hers. I predict it will be highly snarkable no matter what. This is what happens when we have untreated personality disorders.

2 hours ago, sajetime said:

I'm thinking about standing at the road/driveway to the church at wedding time with a Congratulations David Shamblin sign!

14 hours ago, Pandora Spocks said:

Gwenzan vs J-Rod? I agree with the fashion observations thus far. In the hair department, I am thinking Gwenzan will be more over the top. Literally. She already has twice as much (presumably fake) hair as she has skull. Roddess Divine has outdated hair, but it's hers. I predict it will be highly snarkable no matter what. This is what happens when we have untreated personality disorders.

i don't think all of jrod's hair is actually hers...we've seen shorter hair and then longer pretty quickly. i think she has some extensions or falls. but gwen's? i have no earthly idea how she does that, let alone why

On 8/16/2018 at 3:02 PM, sajetime said:

I agree with everything you said except one thing.  You mentioned shame.

Gwen has no shame in anything, much less in this very quick divorce-engagement days later-remarriage.  This will be an extravagant wedding, but just for Remnant members who blindly accept anything she says and does.  Her 'Blessing Shower' last night at her mansion literally needed police to direct traffic on the road outside because there were so many there.  But for everyone on the outside, she's trying to keep this wedding off the radar to avoid criticism. 

Then the day after the wedding, she will act like her new family is the poster child of a strong, blessed Remnant family.  She will finally have a husband to trounce around up on stage and be by her side for all the many RF events, something that was so obviously lacking the first 18 years of Remnant yet somehow explained away with a simple "I looove my husband [followed by an implied 'no more questions about my marriage please']").  

Despite Gwen's attempt to sell herself as living a perfect holy life and an example for others to strive toward, her family life has been a train wreck.  Her failed marriage, before that a husband who was not at all in agreement with what Gwen was doing for her entire cult career, her only 2 children with obvious, serious issues (not a personal insult, simply a fact) under her rule.  I don't think the train wreck will end by marrying Tarzan.

But now Gwen's life gets so much more convenient with a husband that actually shows up to her own services.  It will be interesting to watch how Gwen shows him off and he'll just ride the gravy train since it's covered in gold. 

The tragic part of this marriage is the 7 year old girl that will become Gwen's step-daughter.  I can't imagine life for that girl when her real mom isn't around.  May the daughter's own mother protect and be a refuge for that little girl now that Gwen is in her life.  

Question for RF insiders:  How is Gwen addressed? Is she called “Reverend” or “Pastor” or something? How about the people who lead RF worship services?

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived