IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 2: Divorce? What Divorce?

VaSportsMom

5 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

And it doesn't appear to match with their older surviving son's testimony from what I can see either. In his testimony he was directed to put his brother in a wooden chest and then tie it closed. When he stopped yelling and started making funny noises they opened it and found him non-responsive. 

Frankly I think both versions are made up, although I suspect the son's is a lot closer to the truth than the parent's version.

Yes, their/the church’s position does not match the testimony given by the older child and experts at trial. We may never know the full extent of what that child endured but hopefully the Smiths will not have the opportunity to do it to another child. 

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@church_of_dog posted a picture of the wedding invitation and I noticed that RF Gwen and Tarzan are having a  "covenant" wedding.  Maybe the marriage to ex-husband #1 was not a "covenant" marriage and therefore not a, you know, "real" marriage. There HAS to be an official RF work around.  Or maybe not.  Maybe ex-husband #1 has been officially disappeared; he never really existed, did he?

Oh, and black tie. Just everybody is invited as long as they're up to black-tie standards = tuxedos and evening dresses. 

The Smith parents are exactly where they should be -- in prison for life.  Sadly, the horrible people promoting child abuse under the guise of Christian discipline just keep getting more money and accolades, while children suffer. 

1 hour ago, akinom said:

Still loving the 90’s ”weigh down at home” videos. Lots of footage of Gwen standing around on a beach for no reason!

And the people in those videos giving testimony look nothing like the people in Remnant now! The only people allowed in Gwen’s videos now are pretty, color-coordinated and “perfect.”

12 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Yep, back in old videos prior to the founding of Remnant Fellowship Church, I’ve also noticed Gwen was much warmer and friendlier. She seemed even relatable at times, shocking right? Now, she comes across as a scary dictator and a judgmental person. The testimonies of ex members are so appalling. I think her wealth and power went to her head. I also think that being called out by other churches for rejecting the Trinity really affected her and made her angry.

Yes, I think you are right.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, the leader of our little Weigh Down group went to the national meeting around 2000 or early 2001 (?) I think,  that I believe was entitled "The State of the Church" and the tone was completely different than the previous national meetings.  Gwen was very angry at the church, and our leader came back and said that wow, something had really changed, there was something really wrong, and she was done with Gwen Shamblin.  It was right after that that she came out with the denial of the Trinity, and Christian publishers dropped her books, churches dropped Weigh Down from their church approved ministries.  I think she really believed, and probably does still believe, that everyone who disagreed with her then and disagrees with her now is bad, harmful, that only she has the truth etc.  She has focussed so much on legalism that she has completely rejected the grace of the gospel, and does not recognize any authority but her own. This is a very dangerous place to be, and always leads to heresy and cults. 

23 minutes ago, Howl said:

@church_of_dog posted a picture of the wedding invitation and I noticed that RF Gwen and Tarzan are having a  "covenant" wedding.  Maybe the marriage to ex-husband #1 was not a "covenant" marriage and therefore not a, you know, "real" marriage. There HAS to be an official RF work around.  Or maybe not.  Maybe ex-husband #1 has been officially disappeared; he never really existed, did he?

Oh, and black tie. Just everybody is invited as long as they're up to black-tie standards = tuxedos and evening dresses. 

The Smith parents are exactly where they should be -- in prison for life.  Sadly, the horrible people promoting child abuse under the guise of Christian discipline just keep getting more money and accolades, while children suffer. 

What I remember about David Shamblin was that he was a successful dentist.  Gwen talked a lot about him in the 90s videos.  

I'm curious: How old is Gwen now and how old is Tarzan?

And yes, the entire thing seems to have devolved into a bizarre personality cult. 

17 minutes ago, Howl said:

I'm curious: How old is Gwen now and how old is Tarzan?

And yes, the entire thing seems to have devolved into a bizarre personality cult. 

She's 63. He's 55.

OMG - Has anyone read this blog? http://gwenshamblinshair.com/about/ I love the "about" the blog is supposedly written by Gwen's hair (named Wendy). So the actual blog posts (I scanned quickly) are more serious and calling out the BS that Gwen spews forth. The blog appears only to have posts from September 2016 through October 2016. I wonder what happened to make Gwen's hair stop blogging.

2 hours ago, OlderWiserMom said:

What I remember about David Shamblin was that he was a successful dentist.  Gwen talked a lot about him in the 90s videos.   

Are you sure? I don't remember that.

My understanding of David Shamblin was that he was often in school and changing career paths while Gwen was resentfully the one bringing in the bucks. He was given a title at Weight Down but never had anything to do with the ministry. Eventually he would be some kind of financial advisor, but I'm not sure he was much of one. Gwen in her Beulah talks would encourage women who had working husbands to be encouraging and respectful, giving the impression David wasn't working. She instead described him as a scholarly type, always reading.

I was trying to search for David Shamblin and can't find out information. I finally looked at Wikipedia... the personal section is interesting. Anyone want to edit it and put in links to the divorce papers? Does Wikipedia delete things when they are proven true?

This is from Wiki and this is the entire "personal life" section on Gwen.

Personal life[edit]

Shamblin was raised in an interdenominational Christian family.[7] She has two children and seven grandchildren.[8][9]and as of March 1996, Shamblin lives with her family in a historic mansion in Brentwood, Tennessee, known as Ashlawn, that was built in 1838.[10][11]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gwen_Shamblin#Personal_life

Gwen’s Dad was a successful surgeon. I’m not sure what his specialty was. I’m pretty sure David Shamblin helped handle the accounting for Weigh Down. David is registered as a financial advisor and I believe, according to public records, is working as one now or merely keeping up his license while being at home. Gwen made so much money from the early Weigh Down days that I think for awhile, he was her “helpmeet” and that was his full-time job.

Gwen and David have been gifted many real estate properties, continue to receive money from her books, etc. that it must bring in more than enough money. I’m sure they also have a ton of investments. They have multiple streams of revenue.

I just had a thought about the last name "Shamblin". I assume that is David's last name (given the year they were married).

Can a divorce decree order the one that changed their name to stop using it for profit? So for Gwen, could David (through the divorce) say the name is his and he doesn't want her to use his last name to sell Weigh Down any longer. I am not an attorney, I work in child support but we don't get very many spousal support/alimony only cases so I am not sure if that would be allowed.

1 hour ago, sajetime said:

Are you sure? I don't remember that.

My understanding of David Shamblin was that he was often in school and changing career paths while Gwen was resentfully the one bringing in the bucks. He was given a title at Weight Down but never had anything to do with the ministry. Eventually he would be some kind of financial advisor, but I'm not sure he was much of one. Gwen in her Beulah talks would encourage women who had working husbands to be encouraging and respectful, giving the impression David wasn't working. She instead described him as a scholarly type, always reading.

Somehow I remember looking him up long ago, when all this Remnant stuff first happened and I thought I read that there was a David Shamblin in Nashville who was a dentist, and presumed it was him.  But that was like 17 or 18 years ago so who knows.  I may be wrong.  I certainly can't find anything like that now. 

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Anyone want to edit it and put in links to the divorce papers? Does Wikipedia delete things when they are proven true?

Let me tell you how the Gwen Shamblin Wikipedia page works.

A while back, I tried to put up some information up there.  They were facts/had references/etc.  Undeniable, informative facts (and so, by nature, not so positive for Gwen).

Every change I submitted got removed/reverted by someone else (the usernames and IP addresses made it evident it was Gwen's staff).  Back-and-forth.  A concerted effort to get facts up there on that page and time and time again it got removed.  There were days it was like ping pong.  Finally, they somehow convinced a mod to ban me for 30 days.  I gave up.  Sadly, they won.  Very sad when you think about the average person goes there first thinking they'll see a fair summary of Gwen.

If you wonder why Gwen's Wikipedia pages seems so positive/so benign of anything negative, there is a VERY good reason.  In this case, Gwen's paid staff basically monitors and modifies so heavily, it's to the point where they basically own that page.  That's not how Wikipedia is supposed to work at its essence, but that's exactly how it works for Gwen's Wiki page.

Do not trust Wikipedia for a fair write-up of Gwen Shamblin.

3 minutes ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

A while back, I tried to put up some information up there.  They were facts/had references/etc.  Undeniable, informative facts (and so, by nature, not so positive for Gwen).

Every change I submitted got removed/reverted by someone else (the usernames and IP addresses made it evident it was Gwen's staff).  Back-and-forth.  A concerted effort to get facts up there on that page and time and time again it got removed.  There were days it was like ping pong.  Finally, they somehow convinced a mod to ban me for 30 days.  I gave up.  Sadly, they won.  Very sad when you think about the average person goes there first thinking they'll see a fair summary of Gwen.

If you wonder why Gwen's Wikipedia pages seems so positive/so benign of anything negative, there is a VERY good reason.  In this case, Gwen's paid staff basically monitors and modifies so heavily, it's to the point where they basically own that page.  That's not how Wikipedia is supposed to work at its essence, but that's exactly how it works for Gwen's Wiki page.

Yeah I’ve been some of the recent edits trying to fix the bull shit that they were adding to wiki about her divorce. 

19 minutes ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

So much for the truth shall set you free!

Shouldn't her saintly staff pause and really think about why they have to cover up the truth about their "prophet?"

If they are determined to scrub and whitewash aspects of Gwen's life, could it be that she's not the blameless godly servant she makes herself out to be?

32 minutes ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

One good thing about the Wikipedia page in its current state: it mentions an academic book that deals with Gwen (Born Again Bodies: Flesh and Spirit in American Christianity by Marie Griffith) which sounds like a good read.

4 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I was trying to search for David Shamblin and can't find out information. I finally looked at Wikipedia... the personal section is interesting. Anyone want to edit it and put in links to the divorce papers? Does Wikipedia delete things when they are proven true?

Anyone can change it, but they know your IP address and she has people on top of it all of the time. 

I'm sure David Shamblin is just trying to stay quiet while there's so much chatter. I've seen him around tho. 

2 hours ago, SJWaterford said:

I'm sure David Shamblin is just trying to stay quiet while there's so much chatter. I've seen him around tho. 

Where did you $ee him — at the bank, depo$iting a big $ettlement check from Gwen?!

On 8/7/2018 at 11:23 AM, quiversR4hunting said:

OMG - Has anyone read this blog? http://gwenshamblinshair.com/about/ I love the "about" the blog is supposedly written by Gwen's hair (named Wendy). So the actual blog posts (I scanned quickly) are more serious and calling out the BS that Gwen spews forth. The blog appears only to have posts from September 2016 through October 2016. I wonder what happened to make Gwen's hair stop blogging.

It fell out and was replaced by Dolly Parton's old wigs.

I am currently out of country on deployment so I haven't been able to respond to this thread. HOLY CRAP. HAHA! I am busting out my sides here. I appreciate all of y'all, I needed this laugh today. Ill answer questions as quickly as I can.

Y'all keep having fun!

I’ve watched parts 1 and 2 of the free ”weigh down at home” videos. Anyone know where i can find the rest?

I have so many questions about the wedding.

What will Gwen wear? What will she/can she do with that hair?

Will someone walk her down the aisle (surely not Michael who must keep his extra pudge hidden behind the piano that's now facing in a different direction for extra camouflage)?

What will her vows be (I promise to love, honor and obey ... until god wants me to leave you for some stud)?

Which of her ass-kissing emblage of leaders will perform the ceremony?

Speaking of weddings, the glowing recap of Hannah Travis Langsdon Collins' most recent wedding is up on the RF website.

Note:

1373177019_rfwedding_LI.thumb.jpg.bdc06871065df8b8d1a3a84802ee41d0.jpg

Maybe God will bless her consistent attitude and her 3rd covenant wedding can be held outdoors.

Which of the very wealthy dear leaders owns Mountview?

15 minutes ago, Florita said:

Which of the very wealthy dear leaders owns Mountview?

The Days own Mountview and have for quite a few years now.

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived