IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 2: Divorce? What Divorce?

VaSportsMom

The little brunette on Gwen's right (or to her left if you're looking at the picture) would appear to be Joe's daughter. She looks adorable, happy, sweet and truly childlike (like the girl next to her *used* to look). She's not been made to be an "under authority" robot ... yet. I fear this will soon change. IMG_8240.thumb.jpg.4fdf02c07babd8f3e454e70658786699.jpg

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, sajetime said:

IMG_8240.thumb.jpg.4fdf02c07babd8f3e454e70658786699.jpg

Dear God, the hair. I know that that's the least significant thing going on here, but it's such an in-your-face weirdness, such a deliberate extreme. (And seems to be being emulated by the dark-haired lady on the left.) I can understand how superficial things like slimness and wealth can attract followers who hope it will rub off, but how does the hair not act as a kind of warning bell? She looks freakish. Is it less bizarre when she's not on stage?

7 minutes ago, Petronella said:

Dear God, the hair. I know that that's the least significant thing going on here, but it's such an in-your-face weirdness, such a deliberate extreme. (And seems to be being emulated by the dark-haired lady on the left.) I can understand how superficial things like slimness and wealth can attract followers who hope it will rub off, but how does the hair not act as a kind of warning bell? She looks freakish. Is it less bizarre when she's not on stage?

It's not just the lady on the left.  I almost commented on the picture of the Worship Service with every one, sans Tarzan, in white.  The main guy in the picture looks like he's wearing a small standard poodle as a toupee.

She probably teases it up that high to hide her horns. 

On 8/5/2018 at 4:08 AM, Petronella said:

I agree that this guy is unlikely to put up with Gwen’s shtick for long—but that’s because she’s whackadoo and he seems to be an attention-wanter himself, not because he’s a “real man.”

I know I'm behind this thread, but that is exactly what I thought. He like attention and Gwen likes attention and I bet they will clash, not because of the whole "real man" thing, but because Gwen doesn't appear to want to share the spotlight too much. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. He already isn't dressing like the rest of the group. Gwen appears to want someone who will stand in her shadow and look nice, and I don't get the vibe that that is what Tarzan man will be happy with. 

There is something dark colored under her hair. I’m sure it’s extra hair or a device to make her hair higher like a “bump it.”

32550534-95D9-4AC2-B24E-340BD84E427C.jpeg

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

There is something dark colored under her hair. I’m sure it’s extra hair or a device to make her hair higher like a “bump it.”

32550534-95D9-4AC2-B24E-340BD84E427C.jpeg

Her horns in the off position?

I've been following this but haven't done a lot of other reading about the cult...but what's the deal with the thin blue sashes? Do they indicate RF royalty or something?

And the description of that murderous abuse is a sobering reminder to me that this is not just about me laughing at Gwen's hair or shaking my head in disbelief at church-endorsed eating disorders. This is a dangerous cult that has condoned and excused murder of a CHILD. 

I hope Gwen and all her sycophants go down in flames...both figuratively here on earth and then literally in whatever "after" comes next.

25 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think it's roots.

56 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Or a 666 tattoo.

Today begins Remnant's Pretend We're Jewish Days of Awe celebration. It's supposed to be 40 days of introspection and purging of all sin. But -- if Remnant is, as it claims to be, the ONE, TRUE and SINLESS church -- how is there any sin left?!

I find it fascinating that the newly divorced Gwen's second marriage will take place during this supposed repentance period, considering she left her longtime husband and is marrying Tarzan, an unwed man who never married his baby mama, the one he's fighting with in court.

Wouldn't an extravagant wedding be the OPPOSITE of what you're supposed to do during a time of reflection (like Lent in Catholicism)?

More like days of Awe-ful!

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I know I'm behind this thread, but that is exactly what I thought. He like attention and Gwen likes attention and I bet they will clash, not because of the whole "real man" thing, but because Gwen doesn't appear to want to share the spotlight too much. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. He already isn't dressing like the rest of the group. Gwen appears to want someone who will stand in her shadow and look nice, and I don't get the vibe that that is what Tarzan man will be happy with. 

He has no money! That's what all of this is about. He's a trophy husband(hahahahah). He's going to be a kept man and he's going to ride that train as long as he can. 

Here's another question I just thought of.  Does Gwen have any other family?  Parents?  Siblings?   If so, do they have any communication with Gwen? Are they involved in her life or possibly their grandchildren's lives at all? 

On 8/6/2018 at 6:51 PM, OlderWiserMom said:

Here's another question I just thought of.  Does Gwen have any other family?  Parents?  Siblings?   If so, do they have any communication with Gwen? Are they involved in her life or possibly their grandchildren's lives at all? 

The RFSurvivors will surely know more.

Gwen’s father died decades ago. I believe Gwen’s mother, who remarried but is now widowed, lives in Brentwood (unless she recently passed away and that was kept quiet — they are oddly hush-hush about death). She shows up in photos from time to time — playing with Gwen’s grandchildren and attending a Christmas service. I don’t get the impression she’s a member of the church.

Gwen does have siblings. The only one I recall hearing mention of was her  brother Walt. He appeared in early Weigh Down  videos in comical skits, back when Gwen had a sense of humor instead of delusions of grandeur. He also shows up in the rare family photo with the grandkids.

She does have other siblings because claims her greed for food began as a child when she had to compete with siblings for food. But I never heard more about them.

If we've gone over this before, please forgive me.... but, what is the significance of the blue sash? Is it only for immediate Shamblin family members?

I study South Asian history and it reminds me of the sacred thread Brahmins used to wear when they begin their formal religious studies (some still do). Its unofficially used as a visual cue to show that the person is of high caste. Is the sash also meant to denote high ranking RF members and/or Shamblin family?

9 minutes ago, defraudingjezebel said:

If we've gone over this before, please forgive me.... but, what is the significance of the blue sash? Is it only for immediate Shamblin family members?

I study South Asian history and it reminds me of the sacred thread Brahmins used to wear when they begin their formal religious studies (some still do). Its unofficially used as a visual cue to show that the person is of high caste. Is the sash also meant to denote high ranking RF members and/or Shamblin family?

In the photo of Gwen on stage with her granddaughters, they were carrying across-the-body bags that color. In earlier posts where she was wearing light blue sashes with her grown children, I’d guess that was some kind of royalty pretense?

On 8/4/2018 at 5:25 PM, luv2laugh said:

RF members are gorgeous, thin, happy, fancy houses, promise you that you’ll basically look like them. I can see why people join...46601203-43AD-42C8-93C9-0D0EECBDFDA3.jpeg.c9b73c37609a1478fabf1826ffc1a45b.jpeg 

@Tatar-tot what was with the random “Fuck You”?

1 hour ago, sajetime said:

The RFSurvivors will surely know more.

Gwen’s father died decades ago. I believe Gwen’s mother, who remarried but is now widowed, lives in Brentwood (unless she recently passed away and that was kept quiet — they are oddly hush-hush about death). She shows up in photos from time to time — playing with Gwen’s grandchildren and attending a Christmas service. I don’t get the impression she’s a member of the church.

Gwen does have siblings. The only one I recall hearing mention of was her  brother Walt. He appeared in early Weigh Down  videos in comical skits, back when Gwen had a sense of humor instead of delusions of grandeur. He also shows up in the rare family photo with the grandkids.

She does have other siblings because claims her greed for food began as a child when she had to compete with siblings for food. But I never heard more about them.

Oh  I do remember vaguely her brother in the early Weigh Down videos.   Gwen did have a sense of humor back then in the videos, and really a warm appealing manner . I guess she an still turn this on when she wants to when people are new to Remnant as others have experienced. 

Yep, back in old videos prior to the founding of Remnant Fellowship Church, I’ve also noticed Gwen was much warmer and friendlier. She seemed even relatable at times, shocking right? Now, she comes across as a scary dictator and a judgmental person. The testimonies of ex members are so appalling. I think her wealth and power went to her head. I also think that being called out by other churches for rejecting the Trinity really affected her and made her angry.

17 hours ago, VaSportsMom said:

There is a smorgasbord of WTF-ery on that Smith Family Story page. The accolades given to the Smiths are so effusive that my eyes may now be stuck in the back of my head. 

Who are they trying to convince here?

Love does not mean what you think it does ...

Setting the stage for a defense, are we?

Paging a “skin doctor” or chiropractor cuz totes same. 

A few paragraphs up you said that the reason the Smiths didn’t notice how bad the eczema was because Josef no longer wanted his parents in the bathroom with him. Which is it?

Anybody have a clue x 4?

FINALLY 

To Be Continued 

And it doesn't appear to match with their older surviving son's testimony from what I can see either. In his testimony he was directed to put his brother in a wooden chest and then tie it closed. When he stopped yelling and started making funny noises they opened it and found him non-responsive. 

Frankly I think both versions are made up, although I suspect the son's is a lot closer to the truth than the parent's version.

20 hours ago, sajetime said:

The little brunette on Gwen's right (or to her left if you're looking at the picture) would appear to be Joe's daughter. She looks adorable, happy, sweet and truly childlike (like the girl next to her *used* to look). She's not been made to be an "under authority" robot ... yet. I fear this will soon change. IMG_8240.thumb.jpg.4fdf02c07babd8f3e454e70658786699.jpg

Can you imagine having to be the stepchild of Gwen's? And live in the same house?

A reminder that no explanation can be required regarding down votes. Any further discussion on this will be moved to CD.

Still loving the 90’s ”weigh down at home” videos. Lots of footage of Gwen standing around on a beach for no reason!

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived