IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 2: Divorce? What Divorce?

VaSportsMom

2 minutes ago, Curious said:

Wow.  He looks like he's waiting for the guards to walk him down the "green mile."   For an actor, he's very stiff.  You'd think he could manage to fake it, but I expect his life is flashing before his eyes about then.

I agree, you'd expect more as an actor, right? But Gwen's not really leading by example either. None of this is very romantic like I would want a wedding to be (I know someone said their church faces the audience when being married). 

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/19/2018 at 9:42 PM, AliceInFundyland said:

That dress is not appropriate for a 95 year old.

You have a chihuahua VERY upset right now.   Also, I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything or you'd also owe me a new keyboard ;) 

17 hours ago, LovelyLuna said:

I believe he is my spirit animal in this photo, it will be my new avatar when I get a chance to crop it.

I'm glad you found a new picture of this kid.  He's probably adorable in another situation, but that last avatar you had, I felt like he was staring into my soul and was a child of the damned. That pic was so creepy!   

Now if @FecundFundieFundus would find something slightly less scary for her avatar.  I will be merrily scrolling through a thread with eleventy JRod avatars, which have mostly stopped scaring me (except for @formergothardite's) and then BOOM Gwen shows up.   It's like one of those videos where you are watching something innocent/scenic and at the end, there is a jump scare of some kind.

17 hours ago, LovelyLuna said:

So in my quest to see how many women were wearing pearls I found some more pictures of my little avatar boy.  I grabbed a few, I believe he is my spirit animal in this photo, it will be my new avatar when I get a chance to crop it.

Remnant-Fellowship-Wedding-Peters-Sroda-Bride-Bridesmaids-Flowergirls.thumb.jpg.864ec8a933d9a79cc2009f0b52d880e3.jpg

Ok so scrolling back to where I was after a response, I looked at this picture a little closer.  He's still sucking out souls, he's just not facing US anymore.  The look his is giving that little girl is definitely "you should sleep with one eye open tonight!"

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Go right ahead. He’s actually really cute.

He is adorable.  I love gingers.  I'm not trying to pick on him in my comments, just to be clear.  I feel sorry for all those kids being dressed like they are in the pictures.  I hope when they are putting on the dog and pony show they get to wear normal clothes they can play in, get dirty, etc.

18 minutes ago, Curious said:

will be merrily scrolling through a thread with eleventy JRod avatars, which have mostly stopped scaring me (except for @formergothardite's) and then BOOM Gwen shows up.  

The scary avatar will go away as soon as the scary president does! 

5 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I know, you and @Destiny.   I keep hoping that his teflon is going to get scratched and things start to stick.  

21 hours ago, LovelyLuna said:

There is also this weird photo of him during their Pentecost(?) celebrations. WTF is he doing?

Hide contents

You are taught to get "low down" in prayer to show respect to God. A lot of the children will get in this position during prayers. Some adults will too.

5 hours ago, unholypoledancer said:

ETA: I watched it. Holy cult. Why are the men dancing in circles? It reminds me of Jewish tradition/faith somehow? I know there are some normal churches that do full body dunkings in a pool, but it always weirds me out and is way too fundie/holy roller for me. Why does everyone need to wear white? That's...bothersome to say the least. 

Yes, that’s one of the Jewish traditions Remnant has “reclaimed.” As well as the wedding chair dance (hora) and chuppa (canopy), and various holy times — Saturday Sabbaths, Passover, Day of Attonement (Yom Kippur). And let’s not forget the Fiddler-on-the Roof-esque arranged marriages.

Baptisms are typically performed in the Shamblin estate swimming pool — the same one C. Grantham probably pees in all summer.

And the white is to look united in purity and righteousness. And because they have one for everything else, I suspect there is a Tide Pen and Bleach Ministry.

On 9/18/2018 at 5:37 PM, SJWaterford said:

I just scrolled the leaders page to see how many had pearls on. Seems like the word pearl is popular with them. Just one thing I found. 

http://www.remnantfellowshipnews.com/2012/08/21/a-pearl-of-a-remnant-fellowship-wedding-celebrating-gods-glorious-covenant-and-the-union-of-shane-polivka-and-margaret-langsdon/

"A pearl of a Remnant Fellowship wedding."

http://remnantfellowshipweddings.com/connor-smith-wedding/

Newest wedding advertised on the remnant wedding website. Gag me. Looks like he's about 20. Still looking for her approx. age. 

Fecund. That's the main requirement.

At least Gwen's wedding dress absolutely delivered on my expectations for it. She looks like Angelica's Cynthia doll from Rugrats dressed for a quinceañera. 

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

This. I have a replacement avatar ready for when the orange menace goes the way of the dodo.

6 minutes ago, Destiny said:

This. I have a replacement avatar ready for when the orange menace goes the way of the dodo.

One of these days we will get new avatars! Hopefully they won't be replaced with something related to Pence!

So they just dunk everyone under in the swimming pool? All that money and they won't spring for a proper baptismal pool? 

Tarzan looks like he is already regretting his life choices. I wonder how long this marriage will last and how she will cover it up when he leaves her? 

3 hours ago, sajetime said:

Yes, that’s one of the Jewish traditions Remnant has “reclaimed.”

This pisses me off so much:censor2: . You do not get to enjoy my religious traditions while being the antithesis of said religion.  Adding on her usage of holocaust victims as positive examples of how you can live with out food makes me want to throat punch Gwenny with an artichoke.

that is one really, really *white* congregation! mostly white people dressed in white clothes with white hair...really freaky :pb_eek:

On 9/21/2018 at 3:45 PM, LovelyLuna said:

So in my quest to see how many women were wearing pearls I found some more pictures of my little avatar boy.  I grabbed a few, I believe he is my spirit animal in this photo, it will be my new avatar when I get a chance to crop it.

Remnant-Fellowship-Wedding-Peters-Sroda-Bride-Bridesmaids-Flowergirls.thumb.jpg.864ec8a933d9a79cc2009f0b52d880e3.jpg

There is also this weird photo of him during their Pentecost(?) celebrations. WTF is he doing?

Reveal hidden contents

34268663_1520907008038764_5125144273422909440_n.thumb.jpg.1a772f9319cb2158005f0080851b51d8.jpg

and just in case you would like to see a snapshot of a sea of children insnared in a cult heres a disturbing picture.

Reveal hidden contents

34258638_1520903471372451_4733174738967330816_n.thumb.jpg.910b6e48e45a8a056f67adc251f6738f.jpg

Tarzan looks so damn happy! LOLZ!

I took one look at little avatar boy and was immediately reminded of this gloomy painting*:

N01685_10.jpg

It could be him in 15 years time.  Poor kid.

* Chatterton (the death of) by Henry Wallis, 1856.  "Cut is the branch that might have grown full straight."

38 minutes ago, LovelyLuna said:

Adding on her usage of holocaust victims as positive examples of how you can live with out food makes me want to throat punch Gwenny with an artichoke.

Holy fuck, she actually said that? How deranged can one person get?

I'd be grateful for a link, because HOLY FUCK!

3 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

Holy fuck, she actually said that? How deranged can one person get?

I'd be grateful for a link, because HOLY FUCK!

we talk about it in the first thread, I hope I did this right: 

56 minutes ago, LovelyLuna said:

This pisses me off so much:censor2: . You do not get to enjoy my religious traditions while being the antithesis of said religion.  Adding on her usage of holocaust victims as positive examples of how you can live with out food makes me want to throat punch Gwenny with an artichoke.

Evangelicals who try to glom onto the fun bits of Judaism while espousing anti-Semitic beliefs, egging on Netanyahu's bullshit (which from a Jewish ethical and moral standpoint, is just horrible and reprehensible, and from a religious PR perspective, alienates Jews from left-wing politics, fuels honestly exhausting and bullshit-filled debates about Jeremy Corbyn being Literally Hitler, and fuels more anti-Semitism), supporting Trump, and trying to convert Jews while knowing full well of/being willfully ignorant of the long, ugly history of Jews being forcibly converted, make me want to drop-kick several things. 

Get your bony claws off my culture and religion, Gwen. Go back to shellack more of Dolly Parton's tumbleweaves to your skull. 

I can't believe that's the same person. I'm very skinny myself and I hate when people accuse me of being anorexic but she does not look healthy.

180923_001633_COLLAGE-1.jpg

On 9/18/2018 at 5:37 PM, SJWaterford said:

http://remnantfellowshipweddings.com/connor-smith-wedding/

Newest wedding advertised on the remnant wedding website. Gag me. Looks like he's about 20. Still looking for her approx. age. 

This is my friend’s son, i want to say he is 20 or 21 & she is close to the same age. Is a short engagement normal in this cult? And do they have any say in their own weddings? From the stuff i’ve seen, the weddings are completely over the top & it just seems like it would be hard to plan that fancy of a wedding in 4 months.

4 minutes ago, FrozenSmile said:

This is my friend’s son, i want to say he is 20 or 21 & she is close to the same age. Is a short engagement normal in this cult? And do they have any say in their own weddings? From the stuff i’ve seen, the weddings are completely over the top & it just seems like it would be hard to plan that fancy of a wedding in 4 months.

I believe RF survivor 1 and 2 had a great overview of how weddings work back in the first thread or earlier this thread. I can summarize a bit. The couple’s families usually pay while Remnant folks do a ton of the work. So although they are still spending quite a bit, it’s not as much money because some RF folks always help and put in a lot of work. Gwen oversees it all. She vetoes whatever she doesn’t like. You could never have hot pink and aqua blue bridesmaid dresses like Alyssa Bates. She has to ok the colors, flowers, wedding party, invitations, everything. 

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I believe RF survivor 1 and 2 had a great overview of how weddings work back in the first thread or earlier this thread. I can summarize a bit. The couple’s families usually pay while Remnant folks do a ton of the work. So although they are still spending quite a bit, it’s not as much money because some RF folks always help and put in a lot of work. Gwen oversees it all. She vetoes whatever she doesn’t like. You could never have hot pink and aqua blue bridesmaid dresses like Alyssa Bates. She has to ok the colors, flowers, wedding party, invitations, everything. 

17 minutes ago, FrozenSmile said:

Short engagements are VERY common. Over 95% are less than 12 months long. You get little to no input on your own wedding. You are expected to go along with whatever is “recommended” (ie whatever Gwen and her lackies want). The RF members volunteer a lot of time and effort, but the costs are still covered by the families. 

4 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

I can't believe that's the same person. I'm very skinny myself and I hate when people accuse me of being anorexic but she does not look healthy.

180923_001633_COLLAGE-1.jpg

Nor happy. I haven’t seen photos of her actually smiling — with teeth and enthusiasm —  in a long time. She always seemed and sounded so bubbly and personable in older videos. No longer.

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The kids are both. I believe there’s a sort of homeschool co-op in their church and some go to the public school in Brentwood.  I believe someone said that the kids in the cult stick together at the public school. 

Apparently if they go to public school, its because they are "missionary dating"-term came from a source very educated on "cults". Need to convert some more people into the fold because there isn't enough to marry each other off with. 

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived