IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 2: Divorce? What Divorce?

VaSportsMom

4 minutes ago, LovelyLuna said:

@quiversR4hunting I only went back about a year and a half or so.  Its either last year or the year before.  I think it's last year. This photo was also in the same bunch, it's titled 'Maginnins- Langsdon ring bearer' if that helps.

Thank you, that did help. It was Pentecost 2018. The daughter is shown in about the 4 minute mark, the video is only 4:28 long.  (I am so glad for skipping ahead an mute!)

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

“I saw you take the last Twinkie. I know where you live.”

90B53383-D7D4-493E-B5A3-1BE424AA7958.jpeg

its perfect! do you mind if I snag this, Jermajesty :worship:

18 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

And stop dressing that little boy like that, for heaven's sake.

So it would be wrong to dress the future little Lunas like Victorian era royalty? ?

I wonder at what point will C Grantham rebel against the enforced Victorian Little Lord Fauntleroy frippery?  No one has dressed a boy like that since about 1875.  And those long red curls!  Surprised he hasn"t taken scissors to them

I know he's Gwen's grandson and therefore Remnant Royalty, but seriously, must all of the Shamblin/Hannah children be in Every. Single. Wedding. as junior bridesmaids/ flower girls/ ring bearer? Couldn't just once there be a wedding where the bride gets to choose the junior bridesmaids, etc. from her own family or any other family except Gwen's?

6 hours ago, LovelyLuna said:

So in my quest to see how many women were wearing pearls I found some more pictures of my little avatar boy.  I grabbed a few, I believe he is my spirit animal in this photo, it will be my new avatar when I get a chance to crop it.

Remnant-Fellowship-Wedding-Peters-Sroda-Bride-Bridesmaids-Flowergirls.thumb.jpg.864ec8a933d9a79cc2009f0b52d880e3.jpg

I'd ask why Gwen is standing in front of the bride, but I guess this is the sort of question that answers itself:  Why?  Because Gwen is the type to stand in front of the bride.

7 hours ago, LovelyLuna said:

There is also this weird photo of him during their Pentecost(?) celebrations. WTF is he doing?

Hide contents

34268663_1520907008038764_5125144273422909440_n.thumb.jpg.1a772f9319cb2158005f0080851b51d8.jpg

In Remnant, Gwen says to “get on your face” to pray and the children literally do that when on stage.

Or they thought there were cookie crumbs on the floor.

7 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Thank you, that did help. It was Pentecost 2018. The daughter is shown in about the 4 minute mark, the video is only 4:28 long.  (I am so glad for skipping ahead an mute!)

This video is super culty. Like, most cults refuse to look this cult-like on the internet, right? This means to me that Remnant just does not give a shit. 

Some of those babies in christening dresses are just the cutest! Poor things. 

12 hours ago, LovelyLuna said:

So in my quest to see how many women were wearing pearls I found some more pictures of my little avatar boy.  I grabbed a few, I believe he is my spirit animal in this photo, it will be my new avatar when I get a chance to crop it.

Remnant-Fellowship-Wedding-Peters-Sroda-Bride-Bridesmaids-Flowergirls.thumb.jpg.864ec8a933d9a79cc2009f0b52d880e3.jpg

There is also this weird photo of him during their Pentecost(?) celebrations. WTF is he doing?

Hide contents

34268663_1520907008038764_5125144273422909440_n.thumb.jpg.1a772f9319cb2158005f0080851b51d8.jpg

and just in case you would like to see a snapshot of a sea of children insnared in a cult heres a disturbing picture.

Reveal hidden contents

34258638_1520903471372451_4733174738967330816_n.thumb.jpg.910b6e48e45a8a056f67adc251f6738f.jpg

Tarzan looks so damn happy! LOLZ!

Her daughter looks like death in the second photo, I really worry about her health.

The Pretty Woman dress is bizarre. I would love to know the message of that speech. She doesn’t do color. Wtf?

For the record, IMO, Julia Roberts wears it better. Hell, Julia Roberts, can wear a house dress better than any of us! ?  I think part of it is Julia's smile and face just lights up & she seems so genuine which, I think, makes her even more beautiful. 

59 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

For the record, IMO, Julia Roberts wears it better. Hell, Julia Roberts, can wear a house dress better than any of us! ?  I think part of it is Julia's smile and face just lights up & she seems so genuine which, I think, makes her even more beautiful. 

I think that really goes without saying :D  Can you imagine the two of them in one of those tabloid “who wore it better columns?”

She could wear some color though. That’s not the problem there, at all

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Julia Roberts is also not part of a cult, which is a lot to smile about! If I had her money and knew I was not part of a cult I would be happy too! *Cue Scientology knocking on the door...*

I need to watch the video now to see how bad it gets.

ETA: I watched it. Holy cult. Why are the men dancing in circles? It reminds me of Jewish tradition/faith somehow? I know there are some normal churches that do full body dunkings in a pool, but it always weirds me out and is way too fundie/holy roller for me. Why does everyone need to wear white? That's...bothersome to say the least. 

10 minutes ago, unholypoledancer said:

Julia Roberts is also not part of a cult, which is a lot to smile about! If I had her money and knew I was not part of a cult I would be happy too! *Cue Scientology knocking on the door...*

I need to watch the video now to see how bad it gets.

ETA: I watched it. Holy cult. Why are the men dancing in circles? It reminds me of Jewish tradition/faith somehow? I know there are some normal churches that do full body dunkings in a pool, but it always weirds me out and is way too fundie/holy roller for me. Why does everyone need to wear white? That's...bothersome to say the least. 

I was fully dunked under water when I was baptized. There’s a baptismal pool at the front of my childhood church. It’s about the size of a hot tub. But a little deeper. It wasn’t fundie or a cult. Just a standard baptist church. It obviously didn’t take. I’m not christian these days. As a kid, I always wondered if the pastor just hung out in the baptismal pool when no one was around, lol.

Oh yeah, I know many churches do and I'm not hating on anyone who did. I was raised by Catholic/Epsopical parents in an Epsocipcal church, so I guess that's super conservative and the idea was always very foreign to me.

Typically when I see those pools, I think fundie, but I realize there's non-weird churches that also do that. 

Haha, it would be nice for them to put it to good use as a pool, right?! I am assuming your church didn't baptize people every Sunday, unlike Gwen's church, which I am sure does it on the regular. 

7 minutes ago, unholypoledancer said:

Oh yeah, I know many churches do and I'm not hating on anyone who did. I was raised by Catholic/Epsopical parents in an Epsocipcal church, so I guess that's super conservative and the idea was always very foreign to me.

Typically when I see those pools, I think fundie, but I realize there's non-weird churches that also do that. 

Haha, it would be nice for them to put it to good use as a pool, right?! I am assuming your church didn't baptize people every Sunday, unlike Gwen's church, which I am sure does it on the regular. 

It’s funny how what you grew up with seems normal. I’m not a big fan of religion in general but I can’t help loving the full immersion baptism. Maybe it’s because I grew up with it being normal. But I think it also speaks to my dramatic side.  

All churches freak me out at this point. I know they're all waiting to stick me with the label of sinner, for a variety of different reasons. So I talked to God and told him we were cool, but the whole church thing is a negative. 

You know, I've been trying to comb through the threads, but are all the kids who go to Gwen's church homeschooled? Does her church have its own religious school? The more I learn about this weirdness with her church, the more curious I get.

Also, I am down for lady ministers, but I always find it surprising when fundie people have a lady minister.

On 9/19/2018 at 3:16 PM, WorseThan1Thinks said:

Here's a look at the Gwen & Tarzan wedding.  I can't share the source of this, and no, I was not there. 

image.png.e8d93e5f26b7a0581556a448d1eec8cf.png

He looks petrified (as he should be).  Neither looks happy.  The whole thing looks awkward.  

Wow.  He looks like he's waiting for the guards to walk him down the "green mile."   For an actor, he's very stiff.  You'd think he could manage to fake it, but I expect his life is flashing before his eyes about then.

12 minutes ago, unholypoledancer said:

All churches freak me out at this point. I know they're all waiting to stick me with the label of sinner, for a variety of different reasons. So I talked to God and told him we were cool, but the whole church thing is a negative. 

You know, I've been trying to comb through the threads, but are all the kids who go to Gwen's church homeschooled? Does her church have its own religious school? The more I learn about this weirdness with her church, the more curious I get.

Also, I am down for lady ministers, but I always find it surprising when fundie people have a lady minister.

The kids are both. I believe there’s a sort of homeschool co-op in their church and some go to the public school in Brentwood.  I believe someone said that the kids in the cult stick together at the public school. 

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived