IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 2: Divorce? What Divorce?

VaSportsMom

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was reading comments on the video that went viral. One woman wrote this. Is this true about the pearls?!

“Yep, real cult in Southern Nashville! ... I worked in a company with several of their members too!! ??‍♀️ 
They also do arranged marriages! ? And the women who are “allowed to speak” in the church wear pearls to designate themselves. Can’t make this stuff up!!
How people follow that woman is beyond me!!!?

20 hours ago, sajetime said:

I was reading comments on the video that went viral. One woman wrote this. Is this true about the pearls?!

“Yep, real cult in Southern Nashville! ... I worked in a company with several of their members too!! ??‍♀️ 
They also do arranged marriages! ? And the women who are “allowed to speak” in the church wear pearls to designate themselves. Can’t make this stuff up!!

I just scrolled the leaders page to see how many had pearls on. Seems like the word pearl is popular with them. Just one thing I found. 

http://www.remnantfellowshipnews.com/2012/08/21/a-pearl-of-a-remnant-fellowship-wedding-celebrating-gods-glorious-covenant-and-the-union-of-shane-polivka-and-margaret-langsdon/

"A pearl of a Remnant Fellowship wedding."

http://remnantfellowshipweddings.com/connor-smith-wedding/

Newest wedding advertised on the remnant wedding website. Gag me. Looks like he's about 20. Still looking for her approx. age. 

20 hours ago, sajetime said:

I went through the facebook page photos and about 1 in 3 of the women pictured are wearing pearl necklaces.  Any truth to this, from our insiders? 

Unless this has changed since I left, I don’t know anything about this theory! They really like talking about pearls and all the verses about pearls. Look up the legend to the treasure, it’s one of the Bible Study classes. 

On 8/30/2018 at 9:48 AM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

OK anyone with insider knowledge:  What are "Truth Cards?"

The 7/24 FB post is  "Keep truth cards out and on your phone. Let truth and not man-made rules guide you." This statement is of course from God Gwen.

Are these daily affirmations RF members are required to subscribe to?  I can't help thinking of SNL's Deep Thoughts

Truth cards are affirmations that you pull out and read when you do not want to "sin" by eating when you are not hungry.  Continuation of the indoctrinating... constant Gwen speak 

Truth Card hour by hour.jpg

Here's a look at the Gwen & Tarzan wedding.  I can't share the source of this, and no, I was not there. 

image.png.e8d93e5f26b7a0581556a448d1eec8cf.png

He looks petrified (as he should be).  Neither looks happy.  The whole thing looks awkward.  

20 minutes ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

Here's a look at the Gwen & Tarzan wedding.  I can't share the source of this, and no, I was not there. 

He looks petrified (as he should be).  Neither looks happy.  The whole thing looks awkward.  

Thank you for this. It’s as awkward as I imagined. 

Joe has so much botox in his face, and filler, that he can’t move it. 

I feel sorry for Joe. He was very, very physically attractive and tried to make and base a career on that so I can imagine aging would be especially difficult with that perspective.

Men can suffer from body image issues and eating disorders too.

Also, Gwen looks skinnier than ever before, in a painful skinny way.

Yikes. That picture is painful to look at. They both look so stiff and unreal, like a dystopian version of Barbie and Ken. As much as I dislike the Remnant wedding culture, there's no doubt that the pics are usually quite pretty. This looks cheap. The background reminds me of a hollywood green screen.

On 9/18/2018 at 5:37 PM, SJWaterford said:

http://remnantfellowshipweddings.com/connor-smith-wedding/

Newest wedding advertised on the remnant wedding website. Gag me. Looks like he's about 20. Still looking for her approx. age. 

Another speedy Remnant engagement. The proposal was just at the end of May. So just four months.

Maybe a due date will be announced in seven months? But if Gwen is hosting this one at her estate, they must be in her good graces. (And the groom’s Mother makes everyone’s wedding cakes.)

3 hours ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

Oh Tarzan, if only there was a vine so you could swing right out of there.

She looks so bony!  Not healthy at all.  Not slender or even skinny, but like a bag of bones.  I'm not surprised she wore a so-called virginal white wedding gown.  He looks scared or something, I can't quite describe it.  But he does not look happy.  Neither does she, actually.

34 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

It seems odd they are not facing the officiant OR each other.  

Remnant does this odd thing where the bride and groom face the audience and in unison everyone says the vows to the couple. It's basically along the lines of keeping them on the right path and keeping them accountable.  "We, Gwen and Joe's brothers and sisters in Christ, do solemnly swear....Yada Yada Yada..."

5 hours ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

She looks like a barbie doll from the neck down. Still don't understand the makeup and the dress is not at all what I'd expect. Wish I could see a pic of her first wedding. He looks like he wants someone to save him or like he's going to have a heart attack. It only took a month for a pic to come out. Most impressive threatening and bullying to keep it under wraps for this many weeks. Kudos to whomever got the million dollar pic! 

5 hours ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

She looks like a barbie doll from the neck down. Still don't understand the makeup and the dress is not at all what I'd expect. Wish I could see a pic of her first wedding. He looks like he wants someone to save him or like he's going to have a heart attack. It only took a month for a pic to come out. Most impressive threatening and bullying to keep it under wraps for this many weeks. Kudos to whomever got the million dollar pic! 

image.thumb.png.8085c33ee688705cc5750bc1ff85d389.png

She has sooooo many quotes. Too bad they don't actually apply to doing what God would want. They all apply to worshipping Gwen. Fellow man only applies to those in Remnant. Ego is always mans downfall. It may take time but it will be her downfall in the end. 

image.png.452df39d2c53e5a568015b186cee914c.png

13 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

That dress is not appropriate for a 95 year old.

it is if you are Miss Havisham

...I'll see myself off to the prayer closet....

I looked at that picture again this morning and again my visceral response was, WTAF? It is truly creepy.  And even though a camera can capture awful seeming moments and expressions in the midst of regular life, this is truly.....I think he may be realizing he's making a huge mistake. She looks like she knows he's realized he's making a huge mistake.  Or he's made some trivial mistake or misstep that's pissed her off, and realizes he's going to be punished for it. It's truly theater of the grotesque. 

So in my quest to see how many women were wearing pearls I found some more pictures of my little avatar boy.  I grabbed a few, I believe he is my spirit animal in this photo, it will be my new avatar when I get a chance to crop it.

Remnant-Fellowship-Wedding-Peters-Sroda-Bride-Bridesmaids-Flowergirls.thumb.jpg.864ec8a933d9a79cc2009f0b52d880e3.jpg

There is also this weird photo of him during their Pentecost(?) celebrations. WTF is he doing?

Spoiler

34268663_1520907008038764_5125144273422909440_n.thumb.jpg.1a772f9319cb2158005f0080851b51d8.jpg

and just in case you would like to see a snapshot of a sea of children insnared in a cult heres a disturbing picture.

Spoiler

34258638_1520903471372451_4733174738967330816_n.thumb.jpg.910b6e48e45a8a056f67adc251f6738f.jpg

Tarzan looks so damn happy! LOLZ!

@LovelyLuna Do you know when the 2nd (Pentecost) picture was taken? I know we have discussed this before but Gwen's daughter looks so very sickly. That picture just really shows her so pale, gaunt and her very thin hair. (I know the ecru dress can make her look even more washed out but even with the blush trying to couture her cheeks, she is so gaunt!)

2 minutes ago, unholypoledancer said:

It looks like I have a whole new rabbit hole to go down...

it's cleaner here than the shitstead but just as disgusting.

@quiversR4hunting I only went back about a year and a half or so.  Its either last year or the year before.  I think it's last year. This photo was also in the same bunch, it's titled 'Maginnins- Langsdon ring bearer' if that helps.

Remnant-Fellowship-Weddings-Maginnis-Langsdon-ring-bearer-2.jpg

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived