IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 2: Divorce? What Divorce?

VaSportsMom

28 minutes ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

In attempts to re-focus this thread , I will share a bit of information I learned this A.M. @RFsurvivor, I will give you specific details when I see you later.

1.  I spoke with a good friend and insider source who works as a contractor for a few of the Nashville local news stations. He gave me a bit of information pertaining to the Gwen/Lara custody trials. Essentially, all local news stations know of what is going on and there are active, deep investigations (especially Nashville News 5) that are being performed as I type.

2.  A lot of deep and personal information about Joe and Gwen will be exposed over the course of this legal dispute. Needless to say, it is going to get really nasty for Gwen, Joe and RF really soon. My source also tells me that when the ball gets rolling, this custody battle will be the "talk of the town" for a while. You all know how the media is...

3. The last time RF was the "talk of the town", Joseph and Soyna Smith (ex RF members who murdered their child) were convicted of murder. I personally believe that this Joe Lara/Shamblin fiasco is going to explode sooner than later.

That’s great news! After all the horrible stuff she’s done, who would have thought Gwen would be taken down over her marriage to Tarzan?  

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

In attempts to re-focus this thread , I will share a bit of information I learned this A.M. @RFsurvivor, I will give you specific details when I see you later.

1.  I spoke with a good friend and insider source who works as a contractor for a few of the Nashville local news stations. He gave me a bit of information pertaining to the Gwen/Lara custody trials. Essentially, all local news stations know of what is going on and there are active, deep investigations (especially Nashville News 5) that are being performed as I type.

2.  A lot of deep and personal information about Joe and Gwen will be exposed over the course of this legal dispute. Needless to say, it is going to get really nasty for Gwen, Joe and RF really soon. My source also tells me that when the ball gets rolling, this custody battle will be the "talk of the town" for a while. You all know how the media is...

3. The last time RF was the "talk of the town", Joseph and Soyna Smith (ex RF members who murdered their child) were convicted of murder. I personally believe that this Joe Lara/Shamblin fiasco is going to explode sooner than later.

We can only hope. My daughter is convinced Joe's ex-gf is "evil"(her words) based on what she is being told. They are working their way down into the lower levels of the congregation in order to gain momentum. I told her I can't believe she would say that about someone she has never met and I can only imagine what they are saying about her. I hope it's enough for her to one day file a defamation suit against them. That being said, I guess I kind of seem like a hypocrite because I have said Gwen is evil without knowing her. In my head I am justifying it as not being the same thing. I don't profess to be a prophetess that can change the rules whenever they suit me and leading hoards of people to the dark side. But the personal info is exactly why Gwen dismissed motion she had filed, because the news showed up and she didn't want to look like a fool in front of them when it got thrown out anyways. 

5 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

1793676335_ScreenShot2018-08-05at8_22_03AM.png.3456c94d6116a37e99cb69567dc1a53e.png

flashback to:

52884427_ScreenShot2018-08-05at8_24_36AM.png.e8720c93c547c486f5f0295df34a9a8a.png

Its interesting in the invite, that there will be nursery rooms for her wedding. Usually children of all ages have to endure her BS church services in their entirety, but I guess she doesn't want to forget her vows because a kids cries. 

2 hours ago, SJWaterford said:

But the personal info is exactly why Gwen dismissed motion she had filed, because the news showed up and she didn't want to look like a fool in front of them when it got thrown out anyways. 

Can you share what motion Gwen filed?

Also, how old is the child involved? 

For an actor, Tarzan certainly isn’t playing the part of a comfortable participant at Sabbath services. He looks so stiff and uptight. Someone needs to coach him on arm movements as well as the summer Remnant palette. 

1089A7D2-9DE4-4A5A-925E-D8AF241E3BEB.jpeg

I was looking for more info on the Smith child that died and the “The Smiths are Innocent” website popped up. The site is clearly maintained by the church which seems odd but whatever. What really blows my mind is this paragraph, the FIRST paragraph of the “Smith Family Story” page:

Sonya was cleaning the house to prepare for company – she had a weight loss Support Group coming over. She had now lost 150 pounds and Joseph Sr. had lost 80 and they were reaching out to others who were struggling with their own weight

http://www.thesmithsareinnocent.com/category/the-smith-family/the-story/

WTELF? A child is dead and his parents are in prison but the primary thing the church wants us to know is that the Smiths used to be fat but now they are skinny? Sure they killed their child but at least they are no longer fatties? 

5 hours ago, SJWaterford said:

We can only hope. My daughter is convinced Joe's ex-gf is "evil"(her words) based on what she is being told. They are working their way down into the lower levels of the congregation in order to gain momentum. I told her I can't believe she would say that about someone she has never met and I can only imagine what they are saying about her. I hope it's enough for her to one day file a defamation suit against them. That being said, I guess I kind of seem like a hypocrite because I have said Gwen is evil without knowing her. In my head I am justifying it as not being the same thing. I don't profess to be a prophetess that can change the rules whenever they suit me and leading hoards of people to the dark side. But the personal info is exactly why Gwen dismissed motion she had filed, because the news showed up and she didn't want to look like a fool in front of them when it got thrown out anyways. 

And I mis-spoke. My daughters words were that Joe's ex-gf was dangerous, not evil. I don't want to be accused of being a liar.

1 hour ago, VaSportsMom said:

I was looking for more info on the Smith child that died and the “The Smiths are Innocent” website popped up. The site is clearly maintained by the church which seems odd but whatever. What really blows my mind is this paragraph, the FIRST paragraph of the “Smith Family Story” page:

WTELF? A child is dead and his parents are in prison but the primary thing the church wants us to know is that the Smiths used to be fat but now they are skinny? Sure they killed their child but at least they are no longer fatties? 

And the parents run the prison ministry from prison that probably makes Gwen money. Probably trying to pay her back for their legal fees. I wonder if they'd let those ex-convicts become members when they get paroled?

4 hours ago, SJWaterford said:

Its interesting in the invite, that there will be nursery rooms for her wedding. Usually children of all ages have to endure her BS church services in their entirety, but I guess she doesn't want to forget her vows because a kids cries. 

Side note, there is always atleast one nursery for small babies when they cry, to change diapers, and to nurse. But there’s an effing TV in their streaming the service as well. Can’t get away even with a screaming baby. 

On 8/4/2018 at 12:20 PM, SilverBeach said:

Making a post count requirement will help, as was temporarily done in the Nog threads.

I would hate for the ex-cult members who come here to share to suffer any blowback, but me personally? Fuck Gwen the cryptkeeper and her cult followers/worshippers. Not scared at all of these fat-shaming sonofabitches, who wouldn't let me in the door as I am fat.

There is a comprehensive section on Gwen's cult on the Rick Ross site, anyone wishing to know more should take a look.

Gwen Shamblin is a manipulative cult leader and the Remnant Fellowship is harmful bullshit. Weigh Down too. Fuck all of it.

Thank you for these words. They made me laugh and feel like a part of this weird little community I stumbled upon while trolling the internet about my former cult :) outside views help validate that @RFSurvivor_2 and I made the right decision! 

8 minutes ago, SJWaterford said:

Can someone please explain the Diet coke addiction? They even have to have it in their wedding photos?

IMG_8168.JPG

Oh dear lord, that obsession must have gotten even worse...Diet Coke has no calories, therefore doesn’t effect your growl. Gwen drinks it religiously. You are JUDGED (seriously) if you drink regular Coke. 

56 minutes ago, SJWaterford said:

And the parents run the prison ministry from prison that probably makes Gwen money. Probably trying to pay her back for their legal fees. I wonder if they'd let those ex-convicts become members when they get paroled?

So for a little clarification, there is an entire ministry team for the prisons. They go to more prisons than just where Joe and Sonya are located. Both were members as of the time we left. There have been various prisoners who were converted (aka brainwashed) into RF and when they were released, became members as well. There have been entire sermons that were focused on this ministry and Joe would make a well timed phone call from prison to speak to the whole church over speakerphone into a microphone. 

There were letter writing nights where the youth would write letters to the prisoners. I did not think it was odd to know the specific rules of what could be mailed to a prison. 

29 minutes ago, SJWaterford said:

Can someone please explain the Diet coke addiction? They even have to have it in their wedding photos?

IMG_8168.JPG

Having done Weigh Down and now been a lot more successful with intermittent fasting, I can tell you it’s actually DIET COKE —and other diet sodas that Gwen pushes as healthy — causing many of those Weigh Downers to struggle (and then be shamed and shunned).

There is some good science to be read in Dr. Jason Fung’s book, the Obesity Code. True, Diet Coke etc has no calories BUT it releases insulin which leads to weight gain. 

Too bad the research of an actual doctor — a nephrologist and expert on type-2 diabetes — would be considered heretical doctrine to RF.

2 hours ago, VaSportsMom said:

And yes, RF pays for that site. I remember it being made. At one point (not sure if it’s still true) they also owned the smiths are guilty domain and re-directed to their site. It’s all about image. The smith trial is closely tied with public perception of RF. So they try to control the information about it and provide what they consider the truth. But I know that what they told the masses and what really happened in the court was not the same. Also, they conveniently stopped talking about them being released after the appeals got stopped at the Supreme Court level; however they NEVER TOLD THE CHURCH BODY. 

3 minutes ago, sajetime said:

Having done Weigh Down and now been a lot more successful with intermittent fasting, I can tell you it’s actually DIET COKE —and other diet sodas that Gwen pushes as healthy — causing many of those Weigh Downers to struggle (and then be shamed and shunned).

There is some good science to be read in Dr. Jason Fung’s book, the Obesity Code. True, Diet Coke etc has no calories BUT it releases insulin which leads to weight gain. 

Too bad the research of an actual doctor — a nephrologist and expert on type-2 diabetes — would be considered heretical doctrine to RF.

That is great info for anyone to have. I gave up soda completely almost 6 years ago. It is so bad for you regular or unleaded. 

9 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

So for a little clarification, there is an entire ministry team for the prisons. They go to more prisons than just where Joe and Sonya are located. Both were members as of the time we left. There have been various prisoners who were converted (aka brainwashed) into RF and when they were released, became members as well. There have been entire sermons that were focused on this ministry and Joe would make a well timed phone call from prison to speak to the whole church over speakerphone into a microphone. 

There were letter writing nights where the youth would write letters to the prisoners. I did not think it was odd to know the specific rules of what could be mailed to a prison. 

Good to know and clarification. I am not opposed to anyone who is released from prison and reformed from rejoining a church or reentering the community. I just think it's a weird ministry for them considering how perfect they want all of their members to be. 

9 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

And yes, RF pays for that site. I remember it being made. At one point (not sure if it’s still true) they also owned the smiths are guilty domain and re-directed to their site. It’s all about image. The smith trial is closely tied with public perception of RF. So they try to control the information about it and provide what they consider the truth. But I know that what they told the masses and what really happened in the court was not the same. Also, they conveniently stopped talking about them being released after the appeals got stopped at the Supreme Court level; however they NEVER TOLD THE CHURCH BODY. 

The whole murder of 8 yr old Josef Smith and how Remnant convinced (and stills convinces to this very day) Remnant members that the Smiths were "wrongfully accused" is just a sample of how they turn black into white.  Gwen and the cult she has created has the power to convince their whole congregation that the Smiths are innocent.  To this day, little children who grow up there will literally use the words "wrongfully accused" when talking about the Smiths.  

The whole case deserves a long list of facts (which hopefully I can get to with time).  But what's amazing, is how Remnant and Gwen and Tedd Anger and the 'leaders' explain things away and say Joseph died of a skin infection.  A 10 day court case with countless experts says something completely different.  

I can't attach pdf files,  and I don't have time to give this topic the time and attention it deserves.  But I'll leave just a small piece of the case here in screenshots.  

Spoiler

image.png.d15cd18d04261602d4a5704e88ff69a4.png

image.png.38aaefbf1d6962f8f4df34d3a0865a6d.png

image.png.9d66e6b12905310b383bb9c119f18844.png

image.png.7aa2dbd4a5a96a58afd9a6d46d3ba7c5.png

image.png.8c181caa4bf8993a36b04e92efb0593e.png

image.png.18b042a1d99555565d02860d8adb115b.png

image.png.c86b1a12ad2e535296af11c32bec1262.png

image.png.86784442a0b26d9213e39627710bd490.png

If Gwen can turn the murder of an 8 yr old boy completely around in her member's eyes, there is no limit to what Gwen do.  She can explain away anything and people will accept it.  That is dangerous.  She can turn murderers into saints.  

Luckily, the jury wasn't in Remnant, luckily the Appeals Court of Georgia wasn't in Remnant, luckily the U.S. Supreme Court wasn't in Remnant.  (Remnant defended the Smiths through all these levels).  The parents are both in jail for life plus 30.  In Gwen's eyes, the Smiths are sweet, innocent people.  They are still ACTIVE members of Remnant (from their jail cells) and often praised. 

Now I remember why I avoid this thread. Glue sticks to beat your child? The Pearls' plumbing line? What in the world is going on? Must step away and watch pictures of babies laughing.

4 hours ago, sajetime said:

For an actor, Tarzan certainly isn’t playing the part of a comfortable participant at Sabbath services. He looks so stiff and uptight. Someone needs to coach him on arm movements as well as the summer Remnant palette. 

1089A7D2-9DE4-4A5A-925E-D8AF241E3BEB.jpeg

He looks SO confused and his eyes are going “WTF” LOL.

4 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

Side note, there is always atleast one nursery for small babies when they cry, to change diapers, and to nurse. But there’s an effing TV in their streaming the service as well. Can’t get away even with a screaming baby. 

Years ago our church got a temporary pastor to fill in while looking for a new permanent one. He was AWFUL. My husband and I took turns being with our baby in the nursery, and getting to miss his awful sermon was a big perk!! ;-D

(Then, annoyingly, the church hired him permanently, so we left.)

6 hours ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

The whole murder of 8 yr old Josef Smith and how Remnant convinced (and stills convinces to this very day) Remnant members that the Smiths were "wrongfully accused" is just a sample of how they turn black into white.  Gwen and the cult she has created has the power to convince their whole congregation that the Smiths are innocent.  To this day, little children who grow up there will literally use the words "wrongfully accused" when talking about the Smiths.  

The whole case deserves a long list of facts (which hopefully I can get to with time).  But what's amazing, is how Remnant and Gwen and Tedd Anger and the 'leaders' explain things away and say Joseph died of a skin infection.  A 10 day court case with countless experts says something completely different.  

I can't attach pdf files,  and I don't have time to give this topic the time and attention it deserves.  But I'll leave just a small piece of the case here in screenshots.  

image.png.d15cd18d04261602d4a5704e88ff69a4.png

image.png.38aaefbf1d6962f8f4df34d3a0865a6d.png

image.png.9d66e6b12905310b383bb9c119f18844.png

image.png.7aa2dbd4a5a96a58afd9a6d46d3ba7c5.png

image.png.8c181caa4bf8993a36b04e92efb0593e.png

image.png.18b042a1d99555565d02860d8adb115b.png

image.png.c86b1a12ad2e535296af11c32bec1262.png

image.png.86784442a0b26d9213e39627710bd490.png

If Gwen can turn the murder of an 8 yr old boy completely around in her member's eyes, there is no limit to what Gwen do.  She can explain away anything and people will accept it.  That is dangerous.  She can turn murderers into saints.  

Luckily, the jury wasn't in Remnant, luckily the Appeals Court of Georgia wasn't in Remnant, luckily the U.S. Supreme Court wasn't in Remnant.  (Remnant defended the Smiths through all these levels).  The parents are both in jail for life plus 30.  In Gwen's eyes, the Smiths are sweet, innocent people.  They are still ACTIVE members of Remnant (from their jail cells) and often praised. 

I have heard rumors of members having their young children pray for the Smith's because they were wrongly accused. 

26 minutes ago, SJWaterford said:

I have heard rumors of members having their young children pray for the Smith's because they were wrongly accused. 

Those rumors are 100% true. I was one of those “children” so to speak. Fortunately for me, I never had a sense of understanding and completion when it came to the Smith situation and it bothered me almost every time I thought about it / them. 

As time went on during my time at RF, I started to question the details (or lack thereof) the smith trial. I proceeded to ask leaders, prison ministry members and other members close to the Smiths about the more finer details for my understanding. I thought it was odd and suspect that Gwen and those involved in the trial withheld information and shared information that only fit their agenda ask questions about the specific details about the trial. Unfortunately my questions were ALWAYS met with 3 of the same type responses (paraphrasing/along the lines of):

1. “Oh we don’t know the details, all we need to do is pray and have faith in God, Gwen and leadership.”

2. “All of the information that has shared is truth and there is nothing else that needs to be said. Trust God, Gwen and the team.”

3. “You should stop asking questions and trust us / leadership. Focus on God and your weight/relationship with God/etc.”

I remember one time I made a side “under my breath” remark about not being told the truth about the Smith trial next to a very...”dedicated” member. She proceeded to quickly snap at me with, “Did you just question leadership?!” in her loud, boisterous voice. I thought, “Crap, ABORT ABORT ABORT!” 

The more I think about it (which I haven’t in YEARS), the more shadier it seems. Gotta love that classic cult misdirection.

6 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

He looks SO confused and his eyes are going “WTF” LOL.

I know! This is fantastic. He has that “WTF did I get myself into?” face, haha!

I kicked my diet drink addiction. I use to like diet mt dew the most but I also liked other diet drinks. Nowadays if I have a Diet Coke once every blue moon, I realize that it actually makes me hungrier. It makes me want to eat. This may not happen to everyone, but it could happen to some. So I think Gwen’s pushing Diet Coke is horrible. If you want to get healthy and lose weight, it’s best to drink water (I’m not against diet drinks on occasion).

There is a smorgasbord of WTF-ery on that Smith Family Story page. The accolades given to the Smiths are so effusive that my eyes may now be stuck in the back of my head. 

Who are they trying to convince here?

Seeing the mess, these mild-mannered parents gave Josef another chance ...

many parents would punish such behavior with an immediate spanking, that was not the nature of the Smiths

Love does not mean what you think it does ...

Josef had been clearly warned earlier that day, and so after these events, the parents lovingly discipline him with a spanking...

After the spanking, Josef embraces his mother and snuggles with her, promising to behave better.

Setting the stage for a defense, are we?

Little Josef is sick – but no one was aware. On this particular Saturday morning, however, Josef did seem more mischievous than usual...

During this discipline, Sonya does notice that one of Josef’s eczema scabs had opened up, just under the band of his underwear, and she sees a small drop of blood from the scab...

Little Josef had a chronic form of eczema. In the past three weeks, it had really flared up but Joseph and Sonya were not aware of the severity... (WTF not? He’s 8!)

Paging a “skin doctor” or chiropractor cuz totes same. 

Sonya had been working with little Josef on trying to get him to stop scratching the eczema patches so much. She had consulted their chiropractor, and he had advised for Sonya to keep Josef’s fingernails clipped.

A few paragraphs up you said that the reason the Smiths didn’t notice how bad the eczema was because Josef no longer wanted his parents in the bathroom with him. Which is it?

Josef remarked that he had a stomachache, and Joseph Sr. noted brown urine when Josef used the bathroom while his dad was also in the bathroom. 

Anybody have a clue x 4?

the family got on their knees to pray and little Josef began making strange noises during the prayer. They paid no attention to this.

the family rose to their feet, but Josef did not get up; in fact, he looked to be having a seizure. 

He noticed that Josef was burning with fever. Joseph quickly carried little Josef outside, hoping the fresh cool air would revive him.

FINALLY 

Sonya called 911. Joseph knew CPR, and he started CPR with Josef on the kitchen floor 

To Be Continued 

WTF does this even mean? What is an appropriate level of distraughtness? How do you measure it?

Mykel stood by his mom to comfort her, for she was appropriately distraught.

Yay, the ambulance has arrived! 

When trying to tell the paramedics what had happened, Sonya reported a seizure-like episode using the word “fit” and “foaming at the mouth

Joseph humbly asked permission to ride with the medics as they loaded Josef on the ambulance; 

The medics wrote, “patient intubated” on their notes, indicating no concern for a head injury, for they did not even put on a C-brace. Josef was intubated and CPR was resumed

They really want people to believe  this is relevant? The rough ride was a factor in their son’s death? GMAFB

They strapped Josef in for the ambulance ride and took off. Jo Sr. later described it as a very rough ride – hitting bumps and being warned by the driver to “hold on.”

Mom tells us what the doctors says

little Josef was displaying various symptoms that were indicative of Septic Shock

blood results were returned inside 60 minutes and the results came back Gram positive for Coagulase-Negative Staphylococcus

white blood cell count of 21.5 thou/uL – the normal count is between 3.4 and 9.5. 

Josef’s blood enzyme levels showed that he was in a state of “Metabolic Acidosis“

The doctors noted Josef’s skin condition – but immediately called it “markings.”

All of that sounds really scary but let’s see what the experts have to say at trial. 

A suburban Atlanta couple was convicted of murder Friday in the beating death of their 8-year-old son  

Joseph and Sonya Smith beat their son Josef, locked him in a wooden box and confined him to a closet for hours at a time before he died

This child needed a therapist not a fucking chiropractor (if there is any truth at all here)

police witness said Joseph Smith's father acknowledged hitting the boy "four or five times" and told officers his son frequently needed discipline because the child carved death threats on the walls and claimed to be a "soldier of the devil."

Which was it, never or 3 years? IMO never is too soon. 

The night of October 8th-October 9th would be the last that these loving parents would see any of their children…one was on the brink of death; James, the 2-year-old baby, was taken away, and Mykel was taken away. In a two-hour period during the night, Joseph and Sonya would lose all three children and not see them again for over three years.

His fight is over 

Josef was officially declared brain dead by Dr. Jose at 7:05pm. 

It is interesting to note that in the medical reports, the wording states that during the final minutes, the Smiths refused to come see Josef. The fact is that Joseph and Sonya remained in the hallway during these last moments because they could not stand helpless and watch doctors remove their son’s life support - so you did refuse to be in the room?

And then the bombshell

Joseph and Sonya Smith’s 8-year-old son wasn’t the only one of their children to die in 2003, jurors learned Thursday during the couple’s murder and child abuse trial.

Just 11 weeks before Joseph and Sonya Smith’s 8-year-old son died, allegedly from abuse, the couple’s 18-month-old son Milek died

http://www.religionnewsblog.com/17435/joseph-and-sonya-smith-5

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived