IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 2: Divorce? What Divorce?

VaSportsMom

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

Making it private won't stop them if all you need is a freejinger account to see it

Making a post count requirement will help, as was temporarily done in the Nog threads.

I would hate for the ex-cult members who come here to share to suffer any blowback, but me personally? Fuck Gwen the cryptkeeper and her cult followers/worshippers. Not scared at all of these fat-shaming sonofabitches, who wouldn't let me in the door as I am fat.

There is a comprehensive section on Gwen's cult on the Rick Ross site, anyone wishing to know more should take a look.

Gwen Shamblin is a manipulative cult leader and the Remnant Fellowship is harmful bullshit. Weigh Down too. Fuck all of it.

17 hours ago, SJWaterford said:

So here is a little update. Remnant Fellowship is monitoring this site. Directed my child to it and Brentwood Homepage, so she cancelled a lunch she had scheduled with her dad to punish me for being on here. She said that my avatar is a 5 year old child so I'm posing as such. Said that I showed up for a private court hearing(which a news station and all of Gwen's leaders also showed up too). 

Oh yes they are! My Remnant source says there was MUCH kissing up to the lately scarce Michael (who played a song) during the Wednesday service. Gwen and her guests, the Radebaughs, went on and on about how great and anointed Michael is. The timing was not coincidental!

And there was much kissing up to Gwen, thanking her for camp this summer. During it, leader Jennifer Martin said how much spiritual warfare Gwen had been experiencing and how it just made her want to cry. 

Gwen said the spiritual warfare was nothing but smoke and mirrors.

Kind of like her hair, tan, first marriage.

4 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

The olser article is on the Rick Ross site I referenced earlier. I am fascinated by cults and have read there for years.

15 hours ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

*This is also curious to watch.  The 'leaders' of Remnant had a meeting last week with members explaining away/justifying Gwen's divorce and celebrating her engagement/officially announcing her wedding date of this Aug 18th.  Yet it's almost like they're trying to keep this quiet in the public eye.  The online RSVP invite comes down hours after being posted here, their own website dedicated to Remnant Weddings ( www.remnantfellowshipweddings.com ) doesn't have Gwen's own wedding listed in their upcoming section (which they keep up to date).  The wedding isn't on their public event calendar (which they keep up to date).  These are no mistakes.  They are very organized.  They are keeping this major event off their public websites, whereas they would normally advertise such a major event to high heavens.  Wouldn't the world want to know a prophetess is getting married?  Why keep quiet about this huge, majorly important event when they normally advertise the living crap out of every other Remnant event/Weigh Down event/Remnant Wedding?

Indeed!

Gwen’s divorce is extremely inconvenient for a church that believes it’s the only GENUINE ARTICLE, where marriages are sacred and protected. Not to mention it’s super costly. (See divorce documents a few pages back. And note that Gwen used not Russ Morgan, the usual lawyer in the church, but rather a lawyer who is NOT affiliated with the church. It seems she did not want a church member involved in her business!) Publicizing her new marriage is extremely problematic because:

1. It’s a reminder Gwen is divorced. And when members see those documents,  they will see how much money she really has and question a lot of things.

2. It  makes all her stay-in-your-marriage, embrace-your-suffering, the-family-is-a-sub-unit-of-God’s-kingdom messages extremely hypocritical.

3. It comes FAST on the heels of her divorce. Someone said she was engaged just DAYS after it. And marrying less than two months after it. So what does that suggest about her and Tarzan?

4. Tarzan is going through a bitter custody battle. But no divorce because ... he wasn’t married to his long-time baby mama. So much for strong family units, as stressed by Remnant.

5. Security. Publicizing her wedding would alert every person with an ax to grind with the church (and there are a LOT).

6. Facades. Remnant likes to scrub the record at times and act like certain things never happened. When a young woman is married to a man who chooses an alternative lifestyle, they erase it from the weddings page and she is quickly found another groom. Luckily for Remnant, David Shamblin kept a low profile, wasn’t involved with the church and there are very few pictures of him online. They will try and act like Joe and Gwen always were married. They will fill the internet with pictures of them and hope everyone forgets all about ol’ David!

776011651_joelo.JPG.6839aa58c1ccaeaec87a379d5d42d5d6.JPG

Y'all in Remnant Fellowship remember to live frugally so you can make your tithes! Gwenn & Tarzan's wedding is going to be e-x-p-e-n-s-i-v-e and you're paying for it.

6 minutes ago, Florita said:

776011651_joelo.JPG.6839aa58c1ccaeaec87a379d5d42d5d6.JPG

Y'all in Remnant Fellowship remember to live frugally so you can make your tithes! Gwenn & Tarzan's wedding is going to be e-x-p-e-n-s-i-v-e and you're paying for it.

Exactly! Living in the service of ministry is a calling and a sacrifice, just like social work, law enforcement, education, military and many more. This place is nothing more than one woman on a power trip. In my opinion she should be compared to a mob boss. Hopefully she will get taken down on something dumb like tax evasion or the like. She's putting her trust in a lot of people and one of those will turn out to be a moron. Just a matter of time. 

20 minutes ago, LovelyLuna said:

Will she take his name? He takes hers? 

Her name is her brand. I would be shocked if she became Gwen Lara.

ETA: the closest she might come to changing her name is tacking on Lara to make it Gwen Shamblin Lara. But I even doubt that. He won’t become a Shamblin.

A subscription only webcast for the wedding?  I cannot imagine her not requesting (subtly) a love gift from her congregation.

Maybe I wonder if they made a wedding registry? Bridal shower registry?

RF members are gorgeous, thin, happy, fancy houses, promise you that you’ll basically look like them. I can see why people join...

46601203-43AD-42C8-93C9-0D0EECBDFDA3.jpeg.c9b73c37609a1478fabf1826ffc1a45b.jpeg 

Words from Gwen Shamblin’s “God Fearing Families” book ...  written in pre-divorce, pre-Tarzan times:

When people think they can easily get another spouse, they are far too casual with this gift , and they are far too lax about building and protecting their relationships. They do not put their all into that one marriage. They do not throw everything into that investment because they always have another opportunity around the corner... or so they think.”

In addition, it is far too easy in this day and age to get a divorce. Just take a visit to your local courthouse and see the line of couples divorcing, with no remorse or conscience, for they know not that the Scripture declares: “I hate divorce,” says the Lord God of Israel...So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith. Malachi 2:16. Over the years, I have seen people leave their spouse, but they only find themselves in another difficult marriage later. God is setting up this test all over again for them to learn what is in Proverbs 31, but the number one lesson is to commit before it is too late.“

27 minutes ago, sajetime said:

Over the years, I have seen people leave their spouse, but they only find themselves in another difficult marriage later

I wonder if this comes back to bite her in the butt one day. She divorces first husband because he doesn't meet the body and spiritual requirements. Now she marries this new guy who may be all in to her schtick right now, but how much does he really know? Will there come a time when he gets deeper in and decides he can't live with something on his conscience? I know the cult brainwashing is deep, but I would hope if he has to lose contact with his daughter or sees her being spiritually abused that he would start to see the church for the cult it is. 

“Lines of couples divorcing with no remorse”? I’ve been at the courthouse twice, for this very reason. (And, uh, no lines.) Why should anyone be remorseful for getting out of a bad marriage? I sure as hell wasn’t. I saw people in pain, women desperate for child support. There were two very young soon-to-be-divorced couples, still friendly and civil as they dissolved unsuccessful “starter marriages,” but they were the exception.

46 minutes ago, SkinnyforJesus said:

I wonder if this comes back to bite her in the butt one day. She divorces first husband because he doesn't meet the body and spiritual requirements. Now she marries this new guy who may be all in to her schtick right now, but how much does he really know? Will there come a time when he gets deeper in and decides he can't live with something on his conscience? I know the cult brainwashing is deep, but I would hope if he has to lose contact with his daughter or sees her being spiritually abused that he would start to see the church for the cult it is. 

Also, I see ego being a major obstacle to the Tarz-amblin union. Gwen lives for God the spotlight. The man she’s marrying — a has-been actor and wannabe singer — does too. He’ll have somewhat of a captive audience at RF, but she’s the star. He’s always going to be in her shadow, expected to do what she commands, going along with what she wants. A real man would tire of that quickly. He never fully committed to his last long relationship. Also, she’s several years older than he is and clearly not getting any younger. I can’t see this ending well.

1 hour ago, sajetime said:

Also, I see ego being a major obstacle to the Tarz-amblin union. Gwen lives for God the spotlight. The man she’s marrying — a has-been actor and wannabe singer — does too. He’ll have somewhat of a captive audience at RF, but she’s the star. He’s always going to be in her shadow, expected to do what she commands, going along with what she wants. A real man would tire of that quickly. He never fully committed to his last long relationship. Also, she’s several years older than he is and clearly not getting any younger. I can’t see this ending well.

I agree - I give it a few years at the most.  

How does one become a Leader in RF?

Is it longevity as a member, amount of tithes, enormous amounts of volunteering, number of converts you brought in....?

Looking at the RF leadership on the website, I noticed that most of them have been with Gwen and RF since it started. Did they work for Weigh Down and then morph over to being leaders in the "church"? 

Did they show up at one of the first services and become leaders that way?

Is there some sort of hierarchy they move up through with "promotions"?

Have they always been leaders in RF since it began? The Martins, Langsdons, Stiites, Terry Meadors are members since 1999. Most of the other Leaders since 2000 - 2002..  Then there are the Days, since 2010, who are the newest leaders. I think someone up thread mentioned their meteoric rise into RF Royalty.

Last;y, what exactly do the Leaders do -- other than be on stage with Gwen during her broadcasts?  Are their duties they perform for RF?  Do they work for Weigh Down?  Do they have outside jobs?

All this RF stuff is fascinating in a train wreck kind of way

1 hour ago, sajetime said:

If he's only marrying for money, it'll be like Zsa Zsa Gabor and Prinz Frederic Von Anhalt. When she stopped making headlines, in between caring for his bedridden older wife, he will do crazy stuff to make headlines and remain relevant. 

What are the best hashtags we can come up with for Gwen Shamblin’s wedding to Joe “Tarzan”Lara?

#GwensApeForTarzan

#HeTarzanSheInsane

3397CA5D-90CB-468B-A796-2081642F039B.jpeg

8 hours ago, sajetime said:

A real man would tire of that quickly.

I agree with pretty much everything you said, but squicked at this one line. I hate the assertion that there is one kind of “real man,” any one kind, but especially because it usually means a power-tripping, demanding man, and inherently dismisses other types of men—much nicer types!—as “feminized” (and meaning that as an insult).

I know lots of men (and they are “real”) who are gentle and humble and prefer to be out of the spotlight. And I don’t mean pushovers—though I hasten to add that pushovers are “real” too. Truly confident people don’t need to push themselves to the front to know their worth. I know several semifamous women with quiet, behind-the-scenes husbands. They seem truly content.

I agree that this guy is unlikely to put up with Gwen’s shtick for long—but that’s because she’s whackadoo and he seems to be an attention-wanter himself, not because he’s a “real man.”

2 hours ago, Petronella said:

I agree with pretty much everything you said, but squicked at this one line. I hate the assertion that there is one kind of “real man,” any one kind, but especially because it usually means a power-tripping, demanding man, and inherently dismisses other types of men—much nicer types!—as “feminized” (and meaning that as an insult).

I know lots of men (and they are “real”) who are gentle and humble and prefer to be out of the spotlight. And I don’t mean pushovers—though I hasten to add that pushovers are “real” too. Truly confident people don’t need to push themselves to the front to know their worth. I know several semifamous women with quiet, behind-the-scenes husbands. They seem truly content.

I agree that this guy is unlikely to put up with Gwen’s shtick for long—but that’s because she’s whackadoo and he seems to be an attention-wanter himself, not because he’s a “real man.”

I have one of these husbands. I get frustrated sometimes and have used the “Be a real man! Take a stand, come on!” much to my embarrassment, as a feminist as “real man” is a dangerous stereotype. I’ve encourage him to not be a pushover but I’ve accepted now, that’s who he is and I’m very fortunate to have a kind man who patient and is not abusive (verbally or physically).

4 hours ago, Petronella said:

I just knew when I wrote it someone would probably have an issue. But I didn’t think political correctness was a big concern on a snark board.

Let’s pretend I wrote “confident” so we can move on.

8 minutes ago, sajetime said:

I just knew when I wrote it someone would probably have an issue. But I didn’t think political correctness was a big concern on a snark board.

Let’s pretend I wrote “confident” so we can move on.

Huh. I really liked literally everything else you said (and said so). I’ve also “liked” a lot of your posts. I assumed you had used the phrase “real man” in passing, without thinking through its implications. That’s very easy to do with common phrases. And it’s precisely because they’re so culturally embedded that it’s important to call attention to what such phrases reinforce.

Anyway, I really liked your contributions, including the one using that casual phrase, but now I think you’re kind of a jerk.

35 minutes ago, Petronella said:

Huh. I really liked literally everything else you said (and said so). I’ve also “liked” a lot of your posts. I assumed you had used the phrase “real man” in passing, without thinking through its implications. That’s very easy to do with common phrases. And it’s precisely because they’re so culturally embedded that it’s important to call attention to what such phrases reinforce.

Anyway, I really liked your contributions, including the one using that casual phrase, but now I think you’re kind of a jerk.

In attempts to re-focus this thread , I will share a bit of information I learned this A.M. @RFsurvivor, I will give you specific details when I see you later.

1.  I spoke with a good friend and insider source who works as a contractor for a few of the Nashville local news stations. He gave me a bit of information pertaining to the Gwen/Lara custody trials. Essentially, all local news stations know of what is going on and there are active, deep investigations (especially Nashville News 5) that are being performed as I type.

2.  A lot of deep and personal information about Joe and Gwen will be exposed over the course of this legal dispute. Needless to say, it is going to get really nasty for Gwen, Joe and RF really soon. My source also tells me that when the ball gets rolling, this custody battle will be the "talk of the town" for a while. You all know how the media is...

3. The last time RF was the "talk of the town", Joseph and Soyna Smith (ex RF members who murdered their child) were convicted of murder. I personally believe that this Joe Lara/Shamblin fiasco is going to explode sooner than later.

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived