IGNORED

Kendra, Joe, and Garrett Duggar: Part 11

Coconut Flan

I feel like I'm torturing myself with this news. I even went back to the cheat sheet to find out when their relationship milestones occurred because I'm some kind of masochist? Of course they announced their courtship the same month I started trying unsuccessfully to get pregnant. Right now, in this moment, I hope the show gets cancelled so that couples like this have to face reality. To have no plan for supporting yourself sustainably let alone supporting your massive quiver... It just sucks that people like this have such an easy time getting pregnant. 

Positive vibes out there to my fellow infertiles and anyone else triggered by these immature kidults and their thoughtless fertility! Good fertility does not equal the universe/God/whatever likes you better! Treat yo' self! Or take it easy! 

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

That's assuming Samuel's birth didn't really screw up her fertility. Time will tell. 

This is the main thing that makes me wonder about Jill. She strikes me as somebody who wants more kids, and I could see her feeling the desire to keep up with Jessa, but we never got details about Sam's birth. I don't remember what the reports said when he was born- whether it was a C-section, or extra long labour followed by hospitalization, but it sounded complicated.

1 minute ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

This is the main thing that makes me wonder about Jill. She strikes me as somebody who wants more kids, and I could see her feeling the desire to keep up with Jessa, but we never got details about Sam's birth. I don't remember what the reports said when he was born- whether it was a C-section, or extra long labour followed by hospitalization, but it sounded complicated.

It was an extra long labour followed by a C-section and a stay in the NICU for Sam (and I can't remember if it was ever specified what the NICU stay was for, but he made a full recovery, anyway). It has been speculated that it was another failed home birth, but afaik that was never confirmed. There's also been a ton of speculation that something happened to Jill during the birth that rendered her infertile. But Derick was liking comments on Twitter about having more kids and 'two is for quitters' soon after the birth, and he also shot down the rumour that Jill had to have a hysterectomy, so I doubt there's any truth to it.

5 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

I feel like I'm torturing myself with this news. I even went back to the cheat sheet to find out when their relationship milestones occurred because I'm some kind of masochist? Of course they announced their courtship the same month I started trying unsuccessfully to get pregnant. Right now, in this moment, I hope the show gets cancelled so that couples like this have to face reality. To have no plan for supporting yourself sustainably let alone supporting your massive quiver... It just sucks that people like this have such an easy time getting pregnant. 

Positive vibes out there to my fellow infertiles and anyone else triggered by these immature kidults and their thoughtless fertility! Good fertility does not equal the universe/God/whatever likes you better! Treat yo' self! Or take it easy! 

I have to admit that the fact that these people have zero education, work history, life skills, work eithic or need to have to provide one thing for themselves, yet pop out kid after kid really bothers me. They are all living in a fantasy world, yet they still enjoy all the rights  and privileges (like the ability to VOTE) that the rest of us work hard to achieve. Further, their show gives them a platform and public voice to spew garbage...it’s plain wrong. All because their parents had a bunch of kids that they could not solely afford to support or house. THIS is my major beef with these folks!

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

Hahah. I don't feel like Derick is very motivated about the whole work thing. I feel like if he were doing an internship, it would have been announced with a #BestHubbyEver!

Summer internships are crucial in law school. For summer after the first year, it doesn't need to be anything special necessarily, but you at least need to have something legal related to put on your resume to say "I'm not a mental dud or an unhireable weirdo." First years typically secure a summer internship sometime during their second semester. I got mine February of 1L year. The second summer is more important-- a lot of firms and other organizations hire from their 2L internship classes. Not being able to secure a summer internship is the source of hysteria of many a post on law school forums.

That being said, Wreck is probably aiming for something non traditional like using fundie connections to work for some hate organization like FRC, so if he deviates from law school norms it may not affect him a ton in the long run.

The Caldwells were married in Jan 1998 and had Kendra in August of the same year. Was she premature or conceived before marriage?

8 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

It was an extra long labour followed by a C-section and a stay in the NICU for Sam (and I can't remember if it was ever specified what the NICU stay was for, but he made a full recovery, anyway). It has been speculated that it was another failed home birth, but afaik that was never confirmed. There's also been a ton of speculation that something happened to Jill during the birth that rendered her infertile. But Derick was liking comments on Twitter about having more kids and 'two is for quitters' soon after the birth, and he also shot down the rumour that Jill had to have a hysterectomy, so I doubt there's any truth to it.

The reason for his NICU stay was heavily speculated about, but Derick and Jill never revealed what the reason was. We know it was a two week stay, that it wasn’t due to prematurity, and that’s about it. 

And you’re correct that the failed homebirth speculation was never confirmed either. We know she labored a long time, but we don’t know how they were counting it (from first contraction or from water breaking?) or where she labored.  

1 minute ago, Deleorean88mph said:

The Caldwells were married in Jan 1998 and had Kendra in August of the same year. Was she premature or conceived before marriage?

It was mentioned multiple times above. Her mother was involved in a car accident that ultimately led to Kendra being born a bit prematurely. 

Meh. Another year another 2 or 3 Duggar grandchildren. I get interested what they name it and the discussion here but that’s about it. The pregnancies and babies just blend into each other. In 5 years they will probably have 20 or 25 indistinguishable cute babies between them that no can tell apart really.  But to be fair I am sick of hearing about The Royal  baby as well and just want it to be born and named already :) 

The reason I suspect a failed homebirth for Samuel is because she labored so long - I seem to recall them saying it was 40 hours. If she'd been in a hospital, it's highly unlikely, given her previous birth, that she'd be allowed to labor that long. At most, she might have been at a birth center. 

ETA: I just checked the Duggar Family Blog, it does say 40 hours. 

So if Kendra’s mom is 38, do we know how old Kendra’s MGM is? I am old enough to be Kendra’s mom and my only grandchild is 4. A person my age could be a GGM, holy heck.

20 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

The reason I suspect a failed homebirth for Samuel is because she labored so long - I seem to recall them saying it was 40 hours. If she'd been in a hospital, it's highly unlikely, given her previous birth, that she'd be allowed to labor that long. At most, she might have been at a birth center. 

ETA: I just checked the Duggar Family Blog, it does say 40 hours. 

For Izzie I recall they said it was like 70 hours, so they must consider 40 hrs short.

I think it's possible that Jill laboured for a long time at home, still intending to go to the hospital. I just feel like she might have thought labouring at home for as long as possible might have given her a better chance at avoiding another C-section.

8 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I think it's possible that Jill laboured for a long time at home, still intending to go to the hospital. I just feel like she might have thought labouring at home for as long as possible might have given her a better chance at avoiding another C-section.

Another terrible "side effect" of their cult. If they weren't so obsessed about getting pregnant 1.2 seconds after the wedding and popping out baby after baby like they are carnival prized pigs, they'd make more reasonable decisions. I had two c-sections and so I know that it's not easy, particularly if you were hoping for a VBAC. But for heaven's sake it's not the end of the world, unless of course your purpose is to birthe a dozen or more times.

I thought Joy would be the next to announce. I always forget about Kendra and Joe. 

@HarleyQuinn some tabloid is now posting speculation about Joy being pregnant. Apparently some people were commenting on a recent picture of her that she looks like she might have a bump, and that it's only more noticeable with her recent weight loss.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the whole idea of 'dropping baby weight' between pregnancies that happen less than a couple of years apart sounds like madness. I get trying to maintain a healthy diet, but these women are pretty much expected to be pregnant most of their fertile years, so its not like they get to enjoy their non pregnant bodies for long.  Also, having strangers constantly commenting on the shape of their midsections can't be easy if any of them have body image issues to begin with.

4 hours ago, Smee said:

I have a friend who went for an 18mth gap between #1 and #2. Then #2 turned out to be 2, 3 and 4, so they were premature and she had 4 kids under 16 months. The triplets are at school now and I’m still in awe at how she survived.

I had a boss who had 3 kids four and under and they decided to try for “one more”. Twins.

they had 5 under 5 (and she homeschooled). He said he would get home from work and she would just hand him a kid and walk away.

they raised some really great, smart and creative kiddos but I don’t know how they just survived.

I take it back.  It's a black slip, not drawn on the photo with a Sharpie like I thought.  Still not a great photo but I was wrong!

5 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

For me at this point in time and anytime in the next twenty years, the only surprise i will get from a pregnancy announcement will be if it is Michelle Duggar or Kelly Bates with their precious miracle from the god who stopped menopause.

I find derdick so repulsive, I feel dirty (not in a good way) just looking at him. 

I'd also be surprised if like the lady I recently saw in the news they announced after giving birth to one that they were still pregnant with twins in their other uterus.

(This surprise would be true for anyone, not just duggers or other fundies)

The only fundies I would be surprised to see an annoucement from (next to Michelle and Kelly Jo) are Brandon&Michael.

And also one of the single kids ?

Another child born into this evil cult. Poor child doesn't deserve that. No child does.

ETA: Congratulations to the expecting FJ's. You are/will be wonderful parents.

1 hour ago, Edhelfin said:

For fuck's sake, enough with overpopulating the world...

OvErPoPuLAtIoN iS a MyTh.

8 hours ago, BachelorToTheRapture said:

I'd also be surprised if like the lady I recently saw in the news they announced after giving birth to one that they were still pregnant with twins in their other uterus.

I heard about that woman. Nuts!!  

16 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

We had our three girls each about four years apart. I was 21 when I got pregnant, we were married but my husband still had two years of school left after she was born so we waited until he had his degree and was working. Kid two came about a year after that. With the third, we weren't sure we wanted to have another which is why there was 4 years between them too. I liked the spacing. Never had two in diapers, got to enjoy having a baby in the house and then manage the toddler stage before another baby came. If we would've started in our 30's, as was the plan, ? we couldn't have had those big gaps. 

We only have two, but there is a 4 year age gap, which I like. And I did start in my 30's! hehe.

(FTR, we tried to have less of a gap, but #2 took 2 years and assistance to get on board, so some of that timing was due to that)

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived