IGNORED

Kendra, Joe, and Garrett Duggar: Part 11

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

I think I predicted a pregnancy but not a 2019 birth for Kendra back in the 2019 Predictions thread. I'm already losing.

I also predicted that there wasn't going to be the huge Duggar baby boom everyone was expecting. Now I have this horrible feeling that I've been naively optimistic again!

Here you go:

You were actually correct for the record. You predicted Jessa would be next to announce. You had the wrong date though. :)

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

The Caldwells have several multi-year gaps between babies. I wonder if Kendra and Joe just have super fecundity, if they are actively trying for more kids vs just letting it happen, or if Ma and Pa Caldwell were purposefully spacing. 

Didn't Kendra even say something about letting Garrett grow up a little first (in the last episode of the recent season)? I wonder when that TH was filmed.

Christina Caldwell was 18 when she got pregnant with Kendra, and had Kendra a month after her 19th birthday. Lauren Caldwell then came 21.7 months later, a month and a half before Christina turned 21. If Joken #2 comes October 15, 2019 (seems a reasonable guess at this point), there will be 16.5 months between Garrett and his sibling.

Kendra has definitely got her mom beat in getting pregnant again quickly, but it's possible she'll end up having gaps as her mom did. 

Kendra’s mom was also in a car accident while pregnant with Kendra which resulted in preterm labor, ongoing contractions and an eventual (somewhat) premature birth with Kendra. They also discussed her ongoing issue of contracting throughout her pregnancies. (See the phallic sand castle episode) It’s not unreasonable to think those issues might have also contributed to somewhat reduced fertility or ability to maintain pregnancies. 

I’m only putting this all out there because I don’t feel Kendra’s folks are a perfect indicator of Kendra’s prospective fertility. I fully expect Kendra and Joe to outpace her parents. 

I’ve only read back a couple of pages, has she said how far along she is? I’m disappointed but not really surprised, Kendra seems to REALLY love little kids and Garrett hasn’t been the most difficult of babies. There might be bigger gaps between subsequent children.

There’s 18 months between my elder brother and sister, so as soon as my oldest was 9 months old my mum was asking when the next one was coming. My standard answer was “when this one sleeps”.

I’m predicting (hoping) JinJer have a bigger gap between their first two. SiRen are obviously trying but with the miscarriage it’s a crapshoot as to when we’ll see an announcement from them. I like to think Abbie will wait a while longer but that’s wishful thinking. I do think we’ll see another M kid soon and Jill is desperately humping Derrick in the hopes of keeping up.

This has already been said, but oh my, they are fertile. Still so young too. Hoping for a good quality of life for this young one, and for them to learn that there's life beyond the cult. Shame that both of those are unlikely. My only hope is that Joe and Kendra love their kids enough to really soul-search and figure out what's best for them instead of being bound by the Quiverfull ideology.

Keep in mind that Christina Caldwell had self-described difficult pregnancies due to injuries she sustained in a car crash while pregnant with Kendra. She probably would have had shorter spacing between babies if she were 100% healthy.

We had our three girls each about four years apart. I was 21 when I got pregnant, we were married but my husband still had two years of school left after she was born so we waited until he had his degree and was working. Kid two came about a year after that. With the third, we weren't sure we wanted to have another which is why there was 4 years between them too. I liked the spacing. Never had two in diapers, got to enjoy having a baby in the house and then manage the toddler stage before another baby came. If we would've started in our 30's, as was the plan, ? we couldn't have had those big gaps. 

I didn't know about Christina's car accident. That definitely could have had a huge affect on her ability to get pregnant and stay pregnant. Have they mentioned whether there have been any miscarriages?

Kendra has now put her pinterest boards on private lol. She wont make that mistake again!

Side note: I like looking through Josie Bates/Balka's boards because I enjoy her style/aesthetic. I'd be curious to see what the Duggar girls pinned.

In my experience, a 3 year age difference is much better than a two year age difference. Some people, like my sister, wanted them close together, so she had two in two years & was done. To each their own, i guess. But i have a good friend that has three under 3. She found out she was pregnant with #3 at her postpartum doctor visit. They are 10 months apart. Hard NO from me, lol!

Twenty years from now Kendra will be excited to be pregnant at the same time as Garrett’s wife. She could have twenty or more in theory, but will likely slow down with age.

28 minutes ago, FrozenSmile said:

In my experience, a 3 year age difference is much better than a two year age difference. Some people, like my sister, wanted them close together, so she had two in two years & was done. To each their own, i guess. But i have a good friend that has three under 3. She found out she was pregnant with #3 at her postpartum doctor visit. They are 10 months apart. Hard NO from me, lol!

Shudder. This could have been me, my periods returned at 6wks and 5wks postpartum with my first two. But even if I hadn’t heard enough horror stories to get the contraception, there was no way I wanted to have sex that soon after birth.

I have a friend who went for an 18mth gap between #1 and #2. Then #2 turned out to be 2, 3 and 4, so they were premature and she had 4 kids under 16 months. The triplets are at school now and I’m still in awe at how she survived.

I think it will take longer for Lauren to announce since she had a miscarriage recently. Even if she's in the early stages of pregnancy right now, I doubt she'll announce until she's well into the second trimester.

My money's on Abbie, followed by Joy and Anna. I wonder about Jill too.

3 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

I find their announcement timing really weird. The season just ended so why not announce it at the end of the season?

I expect Lauren will announce next followed by Joy then Abbie 

Has Garrett even been born yet in the Counting On timeline? (I don’t watch so I don’t remember a birth episode but reading the thread updates it definitely wasn’t this season).

Samuel is 21 months, and he was conceived 18 months after Israel was born, which is the recommended wait time to conceive again after a C-section. 

If Jill is not pregnant right now, I think she will be soon. She's gone a little more fundie lite, but I can't see her not wanting a lot more kids, and I can't see her wanting to wait too long between babies. 

That's assuming Samuel's birth didn't really screw up her fertility. Time will tell. 

4 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

If Jill is not pregnant right now, I think she will be soon. She's gone a little more fundie lite, but I can't see her not wanting a lot more kids, and I can't see her wanting to wait too long between babies. 

I'm pretty sure that Dillwank is enjoying being able to blow off his family using school as an excuse.  I agree that Jill probably wants more, but I don't think #besthubbyever does.  

3 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I'm pretty sure that Dillwank is enjoying being able to blow off his family using school as an excuse.  I agree that Jill probably wants more, but I don't think #besthubbyever does.  

Definitely true, but I don't he's completely abstaining from sweet fellowship. Plus, what's he doing this summer? Boredom might be an encouragement to do his duty. 

Ugh, I feel dirty writing that. 

Just now, anjulibai said:

Plus, what's he doing this summer? 

Being hateful on twitter? That's what he normally does with free time. 

This is what happen when I take an entire afternoon of break from Fj and the Duggar specifically. ..

They announce around a week sooner than what I was expecting, but well I was waiting for them to announce since that pinterest board a couple of week ago...we'll see but I suspect they will be the new megafamily from the Duggar, for the Bates I was betting on Erin or Alyssa but they seem to have slowed down so...

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

Being hateful on twitter? That's what he normally does with free time. 

Well, that's a given. ?

Don't most law students ending their first years try to get an internship over the summer? I don't see Derick doing that, does anyone else? 

There is 15 months between my first and second and 22 months between the second and third. My daughter is pregnant now, there will be 17 years 9 months and 9 years 11 months between her 3 children! 

2 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Well, that's a given. ?

Don't most law students ending their first years try to get an internship over the summer? I don't see Derick doing that, does anyone else? 

Hahah. I don't feel like Derick is very motivated about the whole work thing. I feel like if he were doing an internship, it would have been announced with a #BestHubbyEver!

I think Jill is trying and Derrick might not want another but he also won’t use contraception, so how soon we see an announcement is pretty much dependent on their fertility and Dwreck’s sex drive.

59 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I think it will take longer for Lauren to announce since she had a miscarriage recently. Even if she's in the early stages of pregnancy right now, I doubt she'll announce until she's well into the second trimester.

My money's on Abbie, followed by Joy and Anna. I wonder about Jill too.

For me at this point in time and anytime in the next twenty years, the only surprise i will get from a pregnancy announcement will be if it is Michelle Duggar or Kelly Bates with their precious miracle from the god who stopped menopause.

43 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Definitely true, but I don't he's completely abstaining from sweet fellowship. Plus, what's he doing this summer? Boredom might be an encouragement to do his duty. 

Ugh, I feel dirty writing that. 

I find derdick so repulsive, I feel dirty (not in a good way) just looking at him. 

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived