IGNORED

Kendra, Joe, and Garrett Duggar: Part 11

Coconut Flan

8 minutes ago, Chocolate Lover said:

There's a week shy of 18 months between my two.  It was, erm, interesting.   ?

My kids were 27 months apart and it was good spacing for me, my 1st was a very chill kid, my 2nd was NOT so that helped tremendously. My sisters two are 18 months apart and it was rough going there for a while for her, she was 37 #2 was born, so she was an old new mom, or her favorite phrase "advanced maternal age". Now it isn't so bad, they are 8 and 7 (in 2 weeks) and in 1st and 2nd grade. My sister & brother are 15 months apart, I'm 3 years older than my brother and 4 years older than my sister. Mom said those two where a handful, together, she said she was VERY grateful that I was older when my sister came around because I could help entertain little brother while she was dealing with little sister or vise versa.  I was NOT a sister mom, but I've been told I loved to "babysit" my little brother and sister when I was young as well, I know I didn't enjoy it as a teen. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

This is basically all it says. It later starts talking about Jessa being pregnant. 

Hide contents

6F05B901-41D0-47FE-A5BC-FFCDF7F927DD.jpeg.cb7c87ad0c3e509183f001c1ddd76a6d.jpeg

Hide contents

1FE1AC71-C7CF-4AFF-8615-379420097320.thumb.jpeg.79345d8885b608e8c737b4fcdcca84be.jpeg

*looks back and fourth between the balloon and Garrett* Yup, that’s a baby!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 19
  • Love 1

I definitely think we'll see announcements from Joy, Anna, Abbie and Lauren before the end of 2019, but I'd be surprised if either Jill or Jinger announced a pregnancy. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

I think I predicted a pregnancy but not a 2019 birth for Kendra back in the 2019 Predictions thread. I'm already losing.

I also predicted that there wasn't going to be the huge Duggar baby boom everyone was expecting. Now I have this horrible feeling that I've been naively optimistic again!

Edited by singsingsing
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 11

I have 3 boys, born 04/1990, 07/1992 and 02/1994...I am still trying to figure out how I survived the first 5 years....I think I never slept....

Kendra will outdo her Mom ...she'll be a second Michelle....

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

I'm not surprised by this news. It will be in to see how the deal with two young children. 

Question is now, who will be next to announce? I think it will be Jabbie. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

Yup. Saw that coming from a mile away while blindfolded at night.

Abbie's next.

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 3

14 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

I find their announcement timing really weird. The season just ended so why not announce it at the end of the season?

I expect Lauren will announce next followed by Joy then Abbie 

Because when have they ever cared about timing? The next "season" will be 3-4 episodes recapping Jabbie wedding and Jessa's pregnancy announcement. 15 minutes of new footage of JinJer moving, Joystin talking about their house business and following Seeweed 3 pregnancy. 

We will already have seen a crappy cobbled together home video of the (risky attempted home) birth and the extended version will be the finale filled with everyone else's pregnancy/birth flashbacks. Joken's very special announcement will be at the very end, possibly any other pregnancy announcements too. Kendra will probably be due or have had the baby by the air date. 

Agree that Joy will announce fairly soon. 

• Upvote 8

I know she's not a Duggar, but I also have a feeling Sierra Dominguez is pregnant again.

• Upvote 10

18 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Question is now, who will be next to announce? I think it will be Jabbie. 

Agreed, I think we'll see Abbie pregnant next, followed by Lauren and then Joy (torn between Joy and Lauren, either could announce first)

• I Agree 3

37 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

I find their announcement timing really weird. The season just ended so why not announce it at the end of the season?

I expect Lauren will announce next followed by Joy then Abbie 

They might not have wanted to announce if Kendra was still in her first trimester at that point. I’m not sure when episodes start airing again, so waiting until next season might not have been a great option either. 

1 hour ago, AtlanticTug said:

Mine were 26 months apart and it was really hard. My oldest (son) was what I'd call an "immature" 26 months, if there is such a thing as a mature 2-year-old. The early months are actually really easy with a second, but when they become mobile it's total mayhem. A 3-year-gap is a totally different story, your older one will be 3.5 before your second is mobile and truthfully at 3.5 I would say you are seeing the beginning of the end of the toddler years and my son was really more like a child at that point. Another ballgame entirely. I actually wish I'd had that age difference.

I am guessing she'll be due earlier than that, in September. I called it right away that these two will have the most kids of all the Duggar couples so far. I don't even think it's a matter of them trying for it or competing but they just seem totally oblivious and very young and obviously very fertile. They'll keep churning them because there won't be any sort of critical thinking at any point.

That actually helps me feel a bit better. I think I’m a lot more nervous this time because I kind of know what to expect with a baby, but not what to expect when having a baby and a toddler. Our daughter is a pretty sweet and loving little kid, so I’m hoping it goes easier than I’m expecting. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 3

My two are almost four years apart and it was probably as easy as it can get.  The older one was helpful & often amused the little one.

My parents had 5 kids within less than 6 years.  My sister & I are 11 months apart, as are two other sisters.  We just grew up in a big pile.

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 3

I don’t have kids yet...

There’s about 22 months between my aunt and my mum. There’s almost 4 years between me and my brother. 

If I could control things I’d go for maybe 2-3 years between kids, ideally. 

Erika Shupe has 10.5 months between her 6th and 7th, and then 11 months between her 7th and her 8th/9th (twins). I can imagine having sex maybe a few weeks after birth, but actually conceiving again? Hell nope. There’s a reason you’re supposed to wait around a year after having a baby to conceive again!! Your body needs to recover. 

• Upvote 7

Wait is Kendra knocked up again? Did I miss a Blessed announcement? In other news ; To all the fellow commentators who are expecting; CONGRATS!! Wishing all of you a smooth pregnancy! Hugs from this NON and NEVER will be fundie mama

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

The Caldwells have several multi-year gaps between babies. I wonder if Kendra and Joe just have super fecundity, if they are actively trying for more kids vs just letting it happen, or if Ma and Pa Caldwell were purposefully spacing. 

Didn't Kendra even say something about letting Garrett grow up a little first (in the last episode of the recent season)? I wonder when that TH was filmed.

Edited by neurogirl
  • Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Yup. Saw that coming from a mile away while blindfolded at night.

Abbie's next.

I keep forgetting about Abbie. Upthread I predicted Joy but I think it's a toss up between the two of them with Lauren following suit shortly after. Also if we go by the spacing of her previous babies Anna is about due for an announcement as well (I think- math isn't my strong suit). There's definitely an unfortunate potential for a Duggar babypalooza this year.

• Upvote 5

Let’s also not forget that Kendra had a seemingly more routine delivery, in a hospital (under the care of a professional), and had a very average sized 7.5 lb baby.At this point, it’s going to be easier for her to get to larger numbers than say Jill or possibly Joy.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 7

I don't think that we can make any guesses on how many kids Joe and Kendra will have based on this one. We were guessing that Ben and Jessa would have a ton when there was only a little over a year between Spurgeon and Henry. They slowed down and perhaps Joe and Kendra will as well. 

Time will tell! I'm not shocked about the pregnancy. 

Edited by hoipolloi
Removed duplicated material.
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

15 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

The Caldwells have several multi-year gaps between babies. I wonder if Kendra and Joe just have super fecundity, if they are actively trying for more kids vs just letting it happen, or if Ma and Pa Caldwell were purposefully spacing. 

Didn't Kendra even say something about letting Garrett grow up a little first (in the last episode of the recent season)? I wonder when that TH was filmed.

Well, they did let him grow up a LITTLE.  A very little.  Like, a few months more than JB and M would have before starting on the next one.  Not much, mind you, but I'm sure he got in a few more developmental milestones like sitting before his sibling was conceived, so by Duggar standards he was practically grown!

And it's possible that the Caldwells experienced some issues resulting in their long spacing, and that JoKen expected to experience this as well and started trying sooner as a result.  I know several people who had babies with surprisingly close spacing because the couple were expecting to struggle due to family/previous history, but then got pregnant again without issue.  So they may have been laying the groundwork for longer spacing between kids with that in mind, only to end up conceiving easily.  

• Upvote 8

I did a little counting ...

Months from wedding to birth of first child:

9 – Joe & Kendra, Joy & Austin

10 – Jill & Derrick

11 – Josh & Anna

12 – Jessa & Ben

20 – Jinger & Jeremy

John and Abbie are now 5 months from their wedding and Joshia and Lauren are 10 months from theirs. We know they’ve had a misscarriage (that was due 12 months after their wedding). An announcement from either of them would not be surprising at all.

Months between first and second child:

15 – Jessa & Ben

20 – Josh & Anna

27 – Jill & Derrick

Joe and Kendra will probably have 15 or 16 months depending on when she is due. 

Gideon is 14 months and Felicity is 9. An announcement from either of them wouldn’t be that surprising either. If Joy and Austin wait the recommended 18 months and then concieve right away #2 would be due in May 2020.

Months between second and third child:

24 – Josh & Anna

28 – Jessa & Ben (if Threewald is born in June)

Sam is 21 months so Dillard #3 could easily be born this year.

Josh and Anna had 25 months between 3 & 4 and 29 months between 4 & 5. But I think the 29 months was partly due to Josh’s time in Jesus jail so M6 should be coming along soon too.

I think Joshia and Lauren will be next to announce followed by John & Abbie, Jill & Derrick, Josh & Anna, Joy & Austin and Jinger & Jeremy. With Jessa and Kendra maybe announcing their next pregnancy before Jinger announcing #2. 

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 7

I saw the news and like a moth drawn to a flame I have to head to FJ.

Not a surprise especially after the professional looking photo.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

• Georgiana locked this topic