IGNORED

Kendra, Joe, and Garrett Duggar: Part 11

Coconut Flan

I have my own little chocolate stash I hide. The girls (17, 21, 24) make it their mission in life to find where I've hidden it. Then they find it and take it. Then, I buy more and hide it in another secret place and it starts all over again. ?

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/23/2018 at 4:15 PM, Audrey2 said:

In my family growing up, rice with sugar milk and cinnamon was a favorite way to use up leftover rice for breakfast. My sister, brother, and I would hurry to be the first one to the refrigerator to pull out the leftovers from the night before! I still enjoy a bowl of rice with sugar, milk, and cinnamon for breakfast from time to time.

So.....when you make this, do you serve it warm or cold? It sounds delicious.

What is the ratio of milk to rice? Is it soupy? Stew like? Just moistened?

5 minutes ago, moreorlessnu said:

So.....when you make this, do you serve it warm or cold? It sounds delicious.

What is the ratio of milk to rice? Is it soupy? Stew like? Just moistened?

We eat it warm.

I put my rice in a glass cereal bowl, then add the milk about 1/3 to halfway up the rice. I add a teaspoon or two of sugar and a good shake of cinnamon, then microwave for a minute. After stirring, I microwave it another minute. I don't like mine really soupy, but I like some milk in my rice, much like the milk in the cereal bowl when the cereal is gone. You can adjust the sugar and cinnamon for taste. You can also experiment with the milk to find what works for you.

On 10/28/2018 at 10:06 AM, PVMom said:

Its like Maslow's hierarchy of needs, they wouldn't be embarking on a massively expensive home when they couldn't feed their family.   The most basic needs would come first!  If the family had money to start that house independently they couldn't have had issues with paying to feed the family.

I

The Maslow hiearchy of needs only works when caregivers USE it. I can tell you right now I went hungry constantly so that my mother could buy pot and fast food for my brothers. I have no doubt OfBoob prioritized the appearance having a big house would give him over feeding his children. 

4 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

The Maslow hiearchy of needs only works when caregivers USE it. I can tell you right now I went hungry constantly so that my mother could buy pot and fast food for my brothers. I have no doubt OfBoob prioritized the appearance having a big house would give him over feeding his children. 

I'm so sorry that happened to you.

On 10/30/2018 at 3:53 PM, kmachete14 said:

I taught at a low-income school (everyone below poverty) and the way we defined food insecurity was literally "not knowing where the next meal will come from." To contrast, I grew up in an upper-middle class household where: 

1) not allowed to snack between meals 

2) not allowed to eat anything besides what was served to us for dinner (if you didn't like it, too bad, go hungry and plus then you had to eat it for breakfast)

3) only allowed certain items for breakfast or lunch

4) Milk only for dinner or breakfast cereal, water anytime else

5) Fridge and pantry off limits to anyone except mom and dad

I would not count this as food insecurity like some have said !!!!!! My students were Dominican and Puerto Rican, so you would expect them to be eating all kinds of good food for dinner. Not so. They ate cereal for dinner or Cheetos from the corner store. They literally did not have food at home. 

We had all the same rules!! Including if you don’t eat it at dinner you got it at breakfast. (Once I wouldn’t eat plain yogurt for several meals. But eventually I gave in and ate it because I was that hungry.) My daughter has free reign of any food in the house, and still manages to be under weight. I refuse to fight about food. In our home it is not necessary.  

My friend and I were talking about how much we each perceive the happiness of each Duggar couple (with the caveat that we don’t really know of course lol) and it’s funny how Joe/Kendra and Josiah/Lauren are pretty much the “same” (got married quickly, bride was 19, groom was young, both stilly fairly only newly married) and yet as much as I hate that Kendra was married off at 19, I don’t think Kendra and Joe are a bad match and I don’t think they’ll be terribly unhappy in the long run. I get the sense they both have simple needs and both just like being around each other. 

Josiah and Lauren though I DO NOT get, and already have the sense they’re doomed and not happy. Which is funny, because that’s based on almost nothing but Josiah and Lauren post some pictures and Joe and Kendra post none. 

Of course it’s all speculation, and I fancy myself a little bit of an arm chair psycho analyst, but I just think it’s funny that when I think of Joken I think “they’ll be alright” and when I think of Josiah and Lauren I think “oh no.”

• 1 month later...

This thread has been so inactive that I hate to resurrect it, but it's Caldwell babywatch time. No, not Kendra, her mother! She was supposedly due at the beginning of December with Baby #8. Since Joseph and Kendra aren't on social media, and I'm not sure the Caldwells are either, I wonder how long it will take before we hear anything about it.

It is this quiet here because we don’t have any clue what Joe and Kendra actually does. They are so blissfully abcent from social media they are becoming my favourite Duggar’s. 

@singsingsing I am ashamed to say that I was excited to see a new picture of little Garrett. I forgot about Mom. Or hateful behaviors.

But I recommit to being happy about them having no social media. 

They must have loads of sweet fellowship in their little cabin on the acreage @Iamtheway...obviously. They said they needed time to themselves...

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

This thread has been so inactive that I hate to resurrect it, but it's Caldwell babywatch time. No, not Kendra, her mother! She was supposedly due at the beginning of December with Baby #8. Since Joseph and Kendra aren't on social media, and I'm not sure the Caldwells are either, I wonder how long it will take before we hear anything about it.

The Caldwells have a Facebook page, but it seems like they don’t post much, or if they do it’s friends only. Joe and Kendra must be taking after them.

• 1 month later...

Garrett has made a rare appearance. He's been in a couple of group shots, but this is probably the first up close look we've gotten in a while. I think he kinda looks like Israel.

I just now realised I had no clue what this baby looked like at all. I even forget his name sometimes.

Don’t feel chagrined. In 5 years they will have 20 or more grandduggars, most of them boys  who if the pattern holds. Even the most seasoned FJ sleuth will have trouble telling  Joshly # 6 from Dillard # 4 much less remembering names.  

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived