IGNORED

Kendra, Joe, and Garrett Duggar: Part 11

Coconut Flan

I am not a fan of the cult, the lifestyle, or the hatred. I am not fooled. I will say that out of this entire hateful group, I have decided I like Kendra the best.  She seems friendly.  I think if I had to get stuck in an elevator with any member of this clan, I would prefer it to be Kendra.  

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

I am not a fan of the cult, the lifestyle, or the hatred. I am not fooled. I will say that out of this entire hateful group, I have decided I like Kendra the best.  She seems friendly.  I think if I had to get stuck in an elevator with any member of this clan, I would prefer it to be Kendra.  

Oh hell NO, the giggling I couldn't handle it. I could handle Jessa, Jana, Joy, Jinger, Ben, Joe, JD at least JD & Joe would try to fix the elevator while we were stuck.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

What a great question!

I'd probably pick Kendra, too. She's just so damn perky and cute. I think she'd be the least likely to Jesus-talk me, just because she seems like the most polite and would detect my discomfort.

Least want to be stuck on an elevator with:  probably JB.  I want to say Derick, but really, I know that at the least, he'd give me some good material for stories later, whereas JB is just completely awful and smarmy. Smuggar runs a close second.

On 9/16/2018 at 1:26 PM, Scrabblemaster said:

Oh wow, Henry falling asleep in the highchair and Ben trying to make it more comfortable for him...that was cute. Really cute. I cannot Imagine Derick doing something thoughtful and cute like that.

Unless it was  a Tuttle Twins book.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

I wouldn't mind being stuck on an elevator with Kendra. Though if I had to choose a Duggar in Law/Duggar, it would be Ben. He would just be too out of it to notice! :P

I wouldn't want to be stuck in an elevator with Josh.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

I would definitely have the most fun talking to Kendra, but would trust Jana or JD the most to help get us out of there!

I would have to institute a no-talking-under-pain-of-punching policy with Derick, JB, Jeremy, Michelle, or Jill though. (not even going to consider Smuggar)

Edited by neurogirl
  • Upvote 15
  • Love 1

I'd rather be stuck on an elevator with Jinger. I like to think she's malleable enough to be convinced of the error of her ways in the space of about 10 minutes with a persuasive, logical person armed with scientific textbooks with pertinent passages highlighted, a new pair of short shorts, and a brand new bikini. lol

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

I expected to hate Kendra the most of the Duggar spouses but actually she is my favourite. She is perky as hell and I used to think people like that only existed on Valium but I guess she's for real. No way would we be friends in real life and I am sure I have nothing in common with her BUT she seems like a genuinely nice, warm person and somebody who has a good head on her shoulders and would be a very reliable friend. She just seems...very kind. And Joe seems kind to her. 

I just hope her kids are spaced out enough so she doesn't have her laundry room meltdown before she's 25.

• Upvote 24
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

I expected to hate Kendra the most of the Duggar spouses but actually she is my favourite. She is perky as hell and I used to think people like that only existed on Valium but I guess she's for real.

Oh uh...it's fun being perky. Some of us are just are born like that. It can be annoying to others though, and as Kendra grows older and also faces some hardships (not wishing any, just a natural part of life), I'm guessing she will mellow a little (especially with people she doesn't know) but still retain her innate joy/pep. We need both perky people and mellow people in this world!

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

17 hours ago, neurogirl said:

Oh uh...it's fun being perky. Some of us are just are born like that. It can be annoying to others though, and as Kendra grows older and also faces some hardships (not wishing any, just a natural part of life), I'm guessing she will mellow a little (especially with people she doesn't know) but still retain her innate joy/pep. We need both perky people and mellow people in this world!

My mom was naturally happy.  Not obnoxious about it, but a people person and cheerful and sunny was her default by a long shot.  Some people are just like this.

Unfortunately my mom ended up raising 4 short tempered introverts...but still remained peppy proving it truly is an innate thing for some.

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

I'd pick Kendra too. at least i'd have fun for a bit.

i could deal with Jessa, Ben, Jana, Jing & JD too. Lauren as well I guess. the others? naah. some of the younger boys maybe but i don't really know anything about them, so...

in the last episode they said that Kendra and her mum were 5 months apart in pregnancy. Kendra had Garrett in June (?) so her brother/sister would be due in November, right? is it just me or does it seem like her mum would be due earlier? she looked quite pregnant already in April/may?

also i feel like i read somewhere that Christina already had the baby and had it with her at a wedding but i can't remember where i read that and that would seem to early. 

can anybody shed some light on this? 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I'd pick Anna. Just because she seems very kind and like someone who could actually need a non-fundie friend to talk to and she at least seems like talking about stuff like recipes, travel, children, homeschooling etc. could be fun until someone noticed that we're missing. 

Jill runs a close second for the same reasons and because I am sure she would put a lot of energy into trying to convince us that this is #mostfunelevatoraccidentever #sofun #lovegettingtoknowpeoplewhilestuckintheelevator #prayer #happywifey until I'd believe it myself. Derick would not notice that Jill is missing, but Israel would be right about Jill not being there to take care of him in the morning. 

Edited by Pretzel
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 11

They really sign emails "Joe ❤️ Kendra"? ?

But, it's hard to take unsolicited advice/correction, so I do think her response (I believe Kendra wrote that, not Joe) is commendable. Or, at least, better than any previous Duggar who has received car seat criticism! 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

Kendra did respond well, but these jokers obviously neglected to read the car manual and the seat installation instructions.  My manual explicitly warns not to use the anchors for middle seat installation.

ETA: she missed the point of the e-mail.  She moved him to one of the side seats to use the anchors rather than use the seat belt installation method for the middle seat recommended by the car seat tech. ?

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Getting stuck in an elevator with a Duggar capable of speech should be considered cruel and unusual punishment. I’d much rather deal with changing dirty diapers and soothing a pissed off infant than listen to a Duggar prattle on about Jesus or whatever they talk about. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Getting stuck in an elevator with a Duggar capable of speech should be considered cruel and unusual punishment. I’d much rather deal with changing dirty diapers and soothing a pissed off infant than listen to a Duggar prattle on about Jesus or whatever they talk about. 

Jesus, courtships, weddings and babies. That just about covers it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

I've been stuck on an decently long car ride with Jeremy, he wasn't the most obnoxious person in the car so he'd be alright, acted like a completely normal person. I feel like with Kendra I'd get stuck in an apology/ are you alright loop that neither of us would make it out of until we were rescued.

Honestly? The moms probably have snacks in their purses and we could share, but some of the guys could probably boost me up through the top to check the cables, so it's a toss up. I'd probably go with the snack win, likely Jessa with her and Ben's focus on healthy food. 

I say this as a grown up who has her healthy pistachios, figs and a Rice Krispie treat in her purse.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

It would be fun to be stuck in an elevator with Derrick and imagine how Jill is feeling that her hubby is stuck in a small space with another female, possibly wearing defrauding clothes. 

But apart for that I would prefer JD since I would have most chance of getting or Jessa because she seems most easy to have a fun conversation with.

• Haha 7

5 hours ago, cascarones said:

I've been stuck on an decently long car ride with Jeremy, he wasn't the most obnoxious person in the car

What? You have? Is this a story you've related before? lol

• Upvote 7

58 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

What? You have? Is this a story you've related before? lol

I don't think so, our social circles overlap in San Antonio so I saw him pretty regularly when we both lived there especially for birthdays/ bigger group stuff. I never had any clue he was as extremely religious as he is, or that his views are so oppressive to anyone but people exactly like him. He was just a guy, a chatty guy, but nothing out of the ordinary.

I have changed my mind on my elevator choice. I have my own snacks, but maybe if I was stuck with Jinger I could ask her for a photo shoot and get decent photos of myself taken and since I'm too lazy to do it without being under duress, there would be no more excuses.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Is it just adult duggars? Because I think I'd pick Jenny; homegirl always looks miserable. I want to make that child smile and tell her she has value. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 4

I’d love to take the lost girls somewhere with my daughters and niece.  They are all around the same age and would have a lot of fun. 

• Upvote 8

• Georgiana locked this topic