IGNORED

Kendra, Joe, and Garrett Duggar: Part 11

Coconut Flan

4 hours ago, Kjaerringa said:

It wasn't until Monday, June 18 that Kendra announced that they "finally" took baby Garrett home, and fans are understandably concerned for his health. 

That quote above is not from Kendra directly, but from Café Mom quoting a source. So possibly not reliable. 

When you know and work with kiddos with mitochondrial disorders, there is a tendency to worry when you see signs in other children. That's why I asked if anybody has actually seen him smiling, kicking his legs, waving those arms, and tracking visually. He is a month older than Felicity, and the 2 photos we have seen, make him appear to be younger than 6 mos. 

I didn't worry about Sam. I have very specialized worries, lol...

You seem very intense about mitochondrial disorders, based on not all that much really regarding Garrett. Thing is, there has been very few pics of him on social media or elsewhere as far as I know. I'm not going to pass judgement n Garrett by the pics I've seen.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're both wearing baggy dresses and holding their babies in front of their bodies. They *must* be pregnant.  :eyeroll:

Where has all this concern for muscle tone issues or mitochondrial disease, and delayed hospital stay info come from suddenly? Unless a poster has some insider info, there has been like one photo of him and very little updates about him at all. How can anyone come up with something really random based on the one  recent photo. So is it just an over-active imagination?

There is zero reason for this concern and it's skating dangerously towards internet diagnosing.

Which is against the rules.

Garrett looks like an average, nice, little baby in sleepers. I’m glad Joe and Kendra don’t exploit him. I bet they take lots of pictures and send them to family and friends. 

9 minutes ago, Markie said:

Garrett looks like an average, nice, little baby in sleepers. I’m glad Joe and Kendra don’t exploit him. I bet they take lots of pictures and send them to family and friends. 

The real test of exploitation will come soon. If he’s on the show, he’ ll be exploited just like the rest.

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

The real test of exploitation will come soon. If he’s on the show, he’ ll be exploited just like the rest.

Garrett was born on the show, his birth hit the internet on TLC Go not that long after his birth. Of course he was be exploited, he already has been. 

From all those pictures we’ve seen, the only thing that catches my attention is that he has a bit of a droopy right eye, but that’s okay we all come in different shapes and sizes :)

I think when it comes to baby’s health of a family we have no part of, it’s best to err on if you don’t know, you don’t need to know. Health concerns for babies can be such a stressful thing that it’s better to leave it private instead of risky the extra stress of people being invasive, presumptive, and discouraging. I mean, frankly that’s true of anyone’s health, but little babies are an extra sensitive case! 

I hope we get to see more of Garrett just because I like seeing cute babies ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

I'm very in favor of the 2nd-gen Duggars NOT publicizing information about their kids and (hopefully) backing away from the public eye. The way that their childhoods were politicized and turned into something for public consumption was super toxic.  I'm perfectly content with never seeing a Duggar grandbaby if it means those kids aren't being made to repeat that.

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Prayer circle for cancellation, y'all.

On 1/19/2019 at 8:51 PM, adidas said:

If this is the photo you’re talking about, it was taken in late June (he was born earlier that month). There are very few photos of him and I can’t find one where he was 5 months old. Can someone else please share it?

03BD53FC-6380-4175-9A22-5C3B4950060E.jpeg

For a second I thought Kendra's shirt said atheist.

I was quite confused, she seems deep in the kool aid

29 minutes ago, BachelorToTheRapture said:

For a second I thought Kendra's shirt said atheist.

I was quite confused, she seems deep in the kool aid

That would be an amazing plot twist.

Joe and Kendra gather everyone together at the TTH. "Hey ya'll, um, we have a very special announcement to make..." Kendra giggling. Joe looking sheepish. JB and Michelle beaming, sure that another grandbaby is on the way, maybe even twins! Then, the bombshell. They've accepted Richard Dawkins into their hearts.

6 hours ago, singsingsing said:

That would be an amazing plot twist.

Joe and Kendra gather everyone together at the TTH. "Hey ya'll, um, we have a very special announcement to make..." Kendra giggling. Joe looking sheepish. JB and Michelle beaming, sure that another grandbaby is on the way, maybe even twins! Then, the bombshell. They've accepted Richard Dawkins into their hearts.

I'd pay to see that. The reactions would be gold!

21 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Garrett was born on the show, his birth hit the internet on TLC Go not that long after his birth. Of course he was be exploited, he already has been. 

Well there you go. I don’t watch on the regular so I did not know that. Only way this exploitation stops is if well all stop consuming/watching.

Wow. I thought I had made it clear that I was wondering, not diagnosing, and specifically did not mention the things that caused my concern, to avoid that accusation.

I replied to posters explaining that since I have experience with this disorder, I have a tendency to worry when I see certain things.  And, no, I'm not going to go into detail about those things, because there are a plethora of mitochondrial disorders, and they present differently, which is why I used the term that covers all of them, in the first place.

Are we not allowed to ask whether other members have any information, now, or to express any concern we may have about a minor child? I have not been following the threads for a while, because not much has been happening in Duggarland. It IS hard to find info amongst the thread drift, although I do enjoy it. So...I asked.

I did not expect the hostility that resulted from my query....which I had carefully worded to avoid being labeled an armchair physician, which I know is against the rules. But it was clearly offensive. Jeez, I felt like I was on twitter or reddit or something!

Mea Culpa.

7 hours ago, Kjaerringa said:

Wow. I thought I had made it clear that I was wondering, not diagnosing, and specifically did not mention the things that caused my concern, to avoid that accusation.

I replied to posters explaining that since I have experience with this disorder, I have a tendency to worry when I see certain things.  And, no, I'm not going to go into detail about those things, because there are a plethora of mitochondrial disorders, and they present differently, which is why I used the term that covers all of them, in the first place.

Are we not allowed to ask whether other members have any information, now, or to express any concern we may have about a minor child? I have not been following the threads for a while, because not much has been happening in Duggarland. It IS hard to find info amongst the thread drift, although I do enjoy it. So...I asked.

I did not expect the hostility that resulted from my query....which I had carefully worded to avoid being labeled an armchair physician, which I know is against the rules. But it was clearly offensive. Jeez, I felt like I was on twitter or reddit or something!

Mea Culpa.

The “hostility” was a result of the fact that there are next to no photos of Garret available because they do not share many photos of him online. That makes speculating about his health pretty impossible, pointless, and inappropriate. You also did not have basic facts - such as when Garret came home from the Hospital or the fact that his parents don’t have social media accounts - straight. It’s fine to be confused, but I got the impression that you simply doubled down on your opinion rather than actually listened to what was being explained to you. I’d guess that’s an impression many others had as well considering the response you got. 

To clear things up:

1. Garret appears to have been discharged from the hospital at a pretty normal point of time. His cousin, Samuel Dillard, required a two week NICU stay for undisclosed reasons. Samuel appears to be fine too. 

2. His parents do not have social media accounts and there are very few photos of him available. What is available shows a pretty normal looking child. 

3. You’re correct that the photo you mentioned in your original post where he was “swaddled” at a table was first shared around the time of John’s wedding. That said, he was not swaddled. If he were swaddled the blanket would have been clearly tucked in, but it’s much too loose for that and you can see too much of his clothing. Kendra had the blanket draped over him, likely to keep him warm. I have a two year old and often did the same with my daughter at that age. 

4. Kendra appears to have had decent prenatal care and doesn’t seem to have an aversion to seeking medical help.  

I see no reason for concern. 

8 hours ago, Kjaerringa said:

I thought I had made it clear that I was wondering, not diagnosing, and specifically did not mention the things that caused my concern, to avoid that accusation.

It doesn't matter if you call it "internet/armchair diagnosing" or "wondering", speculation about minors is forbidden. Guidelines:

DO NOT speculate on aspects of minor children's lives.  This includes, but is not limited to discussion on things like physical development, their sex lives, their disabilities (real or perceived), etc.  Some general discussion of minor children will be allowed, but the majority of the discussion should be about the adults.  These kids did not consent to their lives being put up for public consumption, so please think how you would feel if someone was saying these types of things about your own child.  If you wouldn't say it about your own child, please don't say it about the minor children of the people we follow.

[redacted]

Clearly not meant to diagnos him at all

Also, I would worry the least about Garrett vs all the rest. His parents, to date, have made decent decisions in terms of his medical care ( pregnancy, labor and delivery). I think that  they would readily get the best medical care that they could access for him.

It doesn't matter how you define it, it doesn't matter if you mean it or not, saying that X child might have X condition is fucking against the rules! Don't do it!

I've seen nothing that suggests Garrett has any sort of delay/disease/etc. If any of the Duggar grandkids did, I think Joe and Kendra would be some of the best parents for them to be born to. They appear to believe in medical care and to truly love each other and be caring, so i hope that means they would be kind and loving to their children and seek appropriate interventions if it was necessary. I think JinJer may be the worst parents if a child had any issues as it wouldn't fit their image I could see them trying to beat their child into "normalcy" (all in private, of course). Jill and Derrick I think would also be awful.

@BachelorToTheRapture special needs children are kind of seen as a prize among high profile "prolife" people. Look at Sarah Palin's youngest Trap or Trip, something like that with Down Syndrome. She was all, look at me I didn't murder my "defective" baby aren't I spechul?

Rick Santorum's daughter Bella, has Trisomy 18, many parents choose to terminate because of this as most children diagnosed with Trismoy disorders die before their 1st birthday, less than 10% of children with Trisomy 18, live to as old as Bella, who is 10, the condition requires 24 hour care and can be financially draining for your average American who isn't getting congressional benefits, and big lobbying funds. They hold these kids over other peoples heads and say God is good, see, WE are just fine so you can shut up and deal with your sick babies too you don't need an abortion.  I would NEVER EVER tell an expectant parent that they were wrong to NOT terminate when given a diagnosis like this, because what ever choice they make is the right choice for them, hence being PRO-CHOICE.   

I think JinJer would parade a special needs child around as a prop for their "prolife" agenda, not try and hide it.  Both are awful, kids aren't pawns and shouldn't be used in that way and they should be made to feel ashamed or suffer for not being born "normal".  

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived