IGNORED

Kendra, Joe, and Garrett Duggar: Part 11

Coconut Flan

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am surprised they don’t have Instagram. Do we have any more pictures of Garrett and JoKen? I’ve seen only one.

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

I am surprised they don’t have Instagram. Do we have any more pictures of Garrett and JoKen? I’ve seen only one.

There is a picture posted by their friend Gabby Patton on Instagram a little over a week ago which is of Joy, Kendra and Gabby all holding their babies. Her insta is private so I won’t post here but you can find it on tumblr. 

I’m surprised they haven’t updated their website, I didn’t expect them to get insta but I thought that since they’d decided to get a website they’d update it more. 

I remember being in a store after the USA women gymnastics team won the Rio Olympics two teens were complaining how the USA women gymnastics team always win the Olympics. That just floored me there's only been three and this was the first back to back. I asked how old they. Fifteen. They remembered the London win and Rio. But didn't remember any of the games before. For me since I was older my memories were of it never happening. My mom and I cheered them on every Olympics and being so disappointed (and of course some questionable scoring) every time. Atlanta was the first win. Finally the gold. I still remember the excitement, stress, hope and disbelief of that entire competition. Followed by not getting the gold again until London. Lots of comments that it was a fluke or a one time thing. They didn't know that was the case because it was before their time. I hadn't realized so much time had passed that it would be different.

7 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

There is a picture posted by their friend Gabby Patton on Instagram a little over a week ago which is of Joy, Kendra and Gabby all holding their babies. Her insta is private so I won’t post here but you can find it on tumblr. 

I’m surprised they haven’t updated their website, I didn’t expect them to get insta but I thought that since they’d decided to get a website they’d update it more. 

It’s also on Duggar Family Official on Facebook with the caption “besties and babies!” 

Watched their honeymoon segment. While Kendra surely giggled a ton she wasn’t half as annoying as expected. In general I think they did well. I was surprised at how easy she was with strangers and I don’t mind someone politely declining food one doesn’t like. Wether it was their personalities or good editing for once- they weren’t the worst tourists ever.

While I would have preferred more cultural activities I will give people on their honeymoon a pass. And it was still more than just hanging out in a resort in Mexico/Hawaii/Maledives (nothing wrong with that either).

I got the impression that Jessa&Ben are a role model for Joe&Kendra. Wonder if he realises that she might expect him to be as involved as Ben (which seems to be more than the standard Fundie husband).

It seems that Tlc has upped their editing game from freakshow to more sweet young Christian families.

I could have lived without knowing that Joe licks his plate which automatically took me down the mental path of food issues I. The Duggar family.  

10 hours ago, clueliss said:

I could have lived without knowing that Joe licks his plate which automatically took me down the mental path of food issues I. The Duggar family.  

Joe licked his plate, Jill grabbed her food and ate in the bathroom, Josh's weight went up when he could eat all he wanted; yeah food was a big, big issue in the Duggar household. 

Add to that that none of their recipes seem to have love and heart behind them. No, "This is Grandma Mary's chocolate cake." No, "This is Grandma Ruark' s apple pie." No sense that Michelle did holiday baking with her children. 

11 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

, Jill grabbed her food and ate in the bathroom,

If I have heard this before, its been a while. where is this confirmed? in a book, on the show? Just curious! 

11 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Add to that that none of their recipes seem to have love and heart behind them. No, "This is Grandma Mary's chocolate cake." No, "This is Grandma Ruark' s apple pie." No sense that Michelle did holiday baking with her children. 

One of the big differences in mega families is because of their size, they are not able to partake in all the more intimate moments that build memories. No GM is baking with double digit grandkids. Heck, I doubt the Duggars spent many holidays with their extended families. A family of 21 is just too much for most  everyday situations.

Can you imagine the cost of hosting that group?

57 minutes ago, seashell1025 said:

If I have heard this before, its been a while. where is this confirmed? in a book, on the show? Just curious! 

The show when her and Derick were courting, she talked about grabbing her food and eating in the bathroom. It was said as though that was a completely normal thing to do. 

12 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

No sense that Michelle did holiday baking with her children. 

I baked Christmas cookies twice with my daughter. It was enough. More than enough. It wasn't all Normal Rockwell happy-pappy. It was stressful and awful and messy and jesus-I-need-a-drink inducing. 

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

The show when her and Derick were courting, she talked about grabbing her food and eating in the bathroom. It was said as though that was a completely normal thing to do. 

oh yeah! forgot about that. Gosh, the food stories sound like the book, Lord of the Flies in the Duggar home. :O 

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

I think it's a thing in big families (not the bathroom part). My husband is one of 10 - and that family can eat Christmas dinner in 20 minutes flat. It takes them longer to get through the buffet line than it does to eat. (now holidays are in the 50 headcount range) 
Eat or be eaten. It doesn't surprise me at all that she'd take her food away to the only safe place...

2 minutes ago, Meggo said:

I think it's a think in big families (not the bathroom part). My husband is one of 10 - and that family can eat Christmas dinner in 20 minutes flat. It takes them longer to get through the buffet line than it does to eat. (now holidays are in the 50 headcount range) 
Eat or be eaten. It doesn't surprise me at all that she'd take her food away to the only safe place...

That's funny because my Mom is one of 14 and my Dad is one of 10 and it's the opposite. They're both the slowest eaters that I have ever met in my life. I would say it's the enjoyment factor, but it's not at all. My Dad can hate something and he will still go just as slow and steady. I guess different families, different styles! 

Baking with small children would be stressful. I agree that practically it's a million times harder with a large family. It's frustrating that the Duggars try so hard to sell the Norman Rockwell image. It's unfair to the people who watch them and maybe having an unstable family of origin then want to emulate the Duggars. Thats how fundamentalism spreads. It preys on the hurting and vulnerable. 

I’m a passionate (and perfectionist) baker and I used to find it nearly painful to bake with my children. I’ve worked on it A LOT because I hope to instill my love for baking in them, but it has taken lots of self-will to stay smiley and patient the whole time. That probably sounds ridiculous, but it’s true. They help with special family recipes and Christmas cookies, and if there is something that needs to be “perfect”, I do that on my own, without saying as much lol. 

The bathroom thing with Jill doesn’t make me think they didn’t have enough food, so much as it confirms her older child/sister-mom status. What mom do you know who hasn’t snuck in her room for a few minutes of quiet with the *good* chocolate?  My husband, my oldest, and myself sometimes sneak the good stuff (a rare soda, expensive ice cream) at night when the littles are down. They’d eat it all in ten seconds flat :pb_lol:

My aunt didn't come from a particularly large family, but she is a very fast eater. The problem is, when she's done eating everyone else is done too, whether they know it or not. You learned very quickly to eat with one hand and hold on to your plate with the other hand, or else it would be gone!

I'm watching the season premiere now, another version as usual of the "look how sheltered we are!" plotline which I find less amusing and more embarrassing at this point. The question about Greek mythology was embarrassing in how it showed how ignorant the SDRT has made them. The woman at the forklift lunch (that looked fun but scary!) asking Kendra what she does and Kendra showing how she has no goals is sad. 

However, I also did not know that a legit Greek salad has no lettuce. And I've been to Greece...

Speaking of, when I was in Greece i ate mountains of moussaka, souvlaki, tzatziki, feta, and olives. It makes me sad how they all travel to these amazing places and can barely try to appreciate the food!

Finally, it annoys me endlessly that they don't know the difference between the words "when" and "whenever".

5 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

That's funny because my Mom is one of 14 and my Dad is one of 10 and it's the opposite. They're both the slowest eaters that I have ever met in my life. I would say it's the enjoyment factor, but it's not at all. My Dad can hate something and he will still go just as slow and steady. I guess different families, different styles! 

Why does everyone here have massive families? Meanwhile, I'm the only grandchild for 3 of my 4 grandparents :my_confused:

27 minutes ago, PuttingTheFunInFundies said:

Why does everyone here have massive families? Meanwhile, I'm the only grandchild for 3 of my 4 grandparents :my_confused:

I'm Catholic lol. That explains it on my end! :) 

3 hours ago, PuttingTheFunInFundies said:

My friend is the only grandchild from her grandmother. Her uncle & aunt didn't have kids. 

33 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

My friend is the only grandchild from her grandmother. Her uncle & aunt didn't have kids. 

I was the only grandchild from my maternal grandmother, who only had one kid (my mom). 

4 hours ago, freethemall said:

Finally, it annoys me endlessly that they don't know the difference between the words "when" and "whenever".

This is a regional thing...

Baking with kids: Put me in the OH HELL NO category too. No critters 4 legged or otherwise when I'm trying to do something creative with food. My kitchen is my private empire. You can stand outside the kitchen and talk to me, but DO NOT COME IN. Hell, don't come in even if I'm shoving a frozen pizza in the oven. My turf and guarded jealously. 

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived