IGNORED

Global Humanitarian Council - another floundered Botkin venture

Columbia

On 8/1/2018 at 4:31 PM, Howl said:

The issues about Sudan prompted me to recall an incident related to Brad Phillips (Tool's brother?) about stealing a documentary master related to the persecution of Christians in Sudan in the late 90s: Sudan, the Hidden Holocaust. 

Just wondering about early-ish Vision Forum focus on Sudan and what's become of Brad Phillips, but that might be enough for another topic entirely.

Brad Phillips is still active with the Persecution Project Foundation, AFAIK.  It is pretty vile in its aggressive "Christian" presentation but (unless all the photos are faked) it has at least dug a few wells.  Unlike the Global Humanitarian Council.

The Persecution Project also gets a reasonably good grade on the Charity Navigator, so it isn't a completely faked charity.  As an aside, Matt Chauncy is also affiliated with  PPF, and was in RSA providing LEGO to needy children the last time I looked.  Jennie was swanning around Bath in Regency dress, so it was a while ago, but they weren't hurting for cash then. 

The story about the stolen master copy of the documentary came from a source I find very suspect.  Here's the story again if you want to refresh your memory, but I doubt its accuracy.  https://ministrywatchman.wordpress.com/category/brad-phillips/

I think the Ministry Watchman sounds like the Kinist "Frank Vance - Peter Kershaw - TW Eston" guy.  It bears all his hallmarks and he is notoriously unreliable.   He has gone quiet recently but he hates anyone who isn't as racist as he is and is more successful than he is.  YMMV. 

19 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

I think the "Global Humanitarian Council" and "Battle for Civilization" sites are both several years old. And I agree that it's highly likely they both served as tax schemes of some kind. 

Note that Noah Botkin (youngest son) is the contact person on the former. I'm imagining the thinking behind this: "Let's see, Isaac is going to be Prime Minister of New Zealand...Benjamin has his music...Lucas makes holsters and shoot-em-up videos...Anna Sofia and Elizabeth do SoMuchMore...hey, kids, let's give Noah a project, too!"

The language in Geoff's bloviatory, walks-on-water bio on the GHC site astounds:

And let's not overlook Monsieur Le Tool's laudatory praise of Geoff on the Battle for Civ site!

(Written, no doubt, while taking a break from his many European burlesque adventures.)

Yeah, they are both old sites and they look for all the world like shell companies to me too.   You have to love Geoff's bloviating prose though.

I suspect young Noah has never been contacted about a "targeted allotment" for the fictional humanitarian aid they are giving to the *nation* of Africa.  The place where all the Christian African men have tools (Bibles) for Dominion.  They certainly haven't bothered to update their scary articles for over two years on the GHC.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

The story about the stolen master copy of the documentary came from a source I find very suspect.  Here's the story again if you want to refresh your memory, but I doubt its accuracy.  https://ministrywatchman.wordpress.com/category/brad-phillips/

I think the Ministry Watchman sounds like the Kinist "Frank Vance - Peter Kershaw - TW Eston" guy.  It bears all his hallmarks and he is notoriously unreliable.   He has gone quiet recently but he hates anyone who isn't as racist as he is and is more successful than he is.  YMMV. 

I had found that website and decided not to link to it.  That guy can go on as much as Jen F.  Paragraph after paragraph after paragraph, ad infinitum, and the writing style is very much the same, so yes. 

Just curious that there is a second Phillips who is in the religion biz and yet is never referenced or discussed by the Doug Phillips branch. 

@PennySycamore, I don't know.  The Bath Austen gig was three or four years ago.

If I were going to cast Jennie, I'd make her "You have delighted us long enough, my child.  Let the other young ladies have time to exhibit" Mary Bennett from P & P though.  And I am reminded it is Jennie and Matt Chancey.  For some reason I can never spell that name right!

On 8/2/2018 at 7:40 PM, Howl said:

I had found that website and decided not to link to it.  That guy can go on as much as Jen F.  Paragraph after paragraph after paragraph, ad infinitum, and the writing style is very much the same, so yes. 

Just curious that there is a second Phillips who is in the religion biz and yet is never referenced or discussed by the Doug Phillips branch. 

Yeah, well.  Mileage may vary but I try not to bring up that salacious story at all these days because I distrust the source so much. 

When it does come up, however, I think it only fair to let people make up their own minds and link to it.  FWIW that very unpleasant site is the only place I have ever seen the claim Brad stole the master copy and published it without editing, thus endangering the lives of South Sudan Christians.

I hold no brief for Brad Phillips at all, and think the Persecution Project is probably more bombastic than it is productive, but I dislike people being accused of things they probably didn't do by Kinist horrors like Kershaw.  

On 8/2/2018 at 9:28 AM, Howl said:

"Marxist lord of bribery"  What does that even mean?

Don't even think of asking a Botkin; they probably have no coherent idea.  (About much, I might add.)

@Palimpsest,  I was swanning around Louisville, KY about 3 weeks ago, but not in full Regency dress.  My daughters and I merely had bonnets and parasols.  Theresa and I also had fans.   The theme of this year's festival of the Jane Austen Society of North America (JASNA) was 200 years of Persuasion.  Or something like that.

11 hours ago, The Mother Dust said:

This site isn't working for me.  Did our favorite lurker take it down, or is it working for you all?  I can see it on wayback.  

Doesn’t work for me either. If I type the name in a Google search the website is the first to pop up, but clicking on it yields nothing. Oh, Geoff. How will you get your tax break on your shell organization this way?

Fortunately, Battle for Covilization is still up and running, with all its gems like this:

”The battle is on for the survival of South Sudan in East Africa. Much of the world is already writing her obituary. “African nations are ungovernable by anyone.” “African men are too childish or lazy to be civilized.” “African men are completely incapable of building nations.””

In reading through Battle for Civilization I noticed mention made of "Dominion Farms" in Kenya several times (bolding my own:)

“Dominion Farms in Kenya was a garden in the middle of a wasteland. American Calvin Burgess has leased 17,000 acres of swamp and converted it into a very productive and growing farm of rice fields and fish ponds. It is now feeding upwards of 100,000 people. His vision for seeing potential for what Africa had and needed included maturing the African men into responsible workers and managers. The nationals now manage the entire farm and operate the large equipment -- something that was previously never encouraged. These men gave testimony of previously being weak and fearful. They are now bold, God-fearing men, confidently managing their resources well. The farm is now injecting into the local economy a large amount of money every few weeks. Calvin is now expanding his vision to Nigeria. The Nigerian government is providing 70,000+ acres for a similar farm. While we were at Dominion, there were 50 hand-selected Nigerians being trained by the Kenyan staff. Now we have the “students” being “teachers” -- those being discipled, discipling others in Godly character and principles for life.”

One of the great modern stories of biblical Dominion is being played out near the mud huts of the Yala River, where a malarial swamp has been reclaimed for Christ, and is becoming an ecological as well as agricultural paradise. Where pagan shrines once dotted the high ground, Christians now take rest during days of gratifying labor. This is labor with a purpose: dominion. The entire region understands and appreciates the initiative and faith of one American visionary who leased this swamp, and then taught the people of the land how to drain it, redirect the rivers, build dykes, build gates for water, level the land for rice planting, and irrigate year round. The result is 17,000-acre Dominion Farms, which is operated, managed and expanded on a daily basis by mature African men. This high-tech, multi-million dollar operation is now able to feed 100,000 people, and is on the way to feeding one million Africans. The operation also serves as a discipleship center, where representatives of other nations can learn how men are trained in character, in technical knowledge, and in the practical duties of manhood. The dominion-oriented goal: the creation of numerous farms across Africa as the foundation of robust, Christian, free-market economies, which form the foundation of all family nation-building exercises.

At Dominion Farms we interviewed the managers of laser-guided land leveling, engineering of fish ponds, harvesting of tilapia, processing of rice protein, and the packaging of the best rice in Kenya. I addressed the Nigerian students who are learning to manage a new 75,000 acre farm in their own nation.

Apparently Mr. Burgess has run into some issues with his Dominion Farms in the years since then.

https://www.nation.co.ke/news/Rumours-truths-lies-Dominion-Farm/1056-3827670-3n14phz/index.html

https://wordpress.clarku.edu/id125/2016/04/08/dominion-farms-in-kenya/

https://www.farmlandgrab.org/cat/show/385

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001262339/dominion-farms-in-new-round-of-trouble

It seems that the Odingas, a big political family in Kenya, wanted financial support from Calvin and he was unwilling to pay up. This led to a lot of bickering between the two and that seems to be most of what is reported in the Kenyan newspapers, though it looks like there are bigger environmental and impact concerns. The locals are reporting their water source and local grazing grounds being fenced off, use of pesrticides and herbicides getting into the water, and farm-grown food driving prices down.

Interestingly, Calvin's own defense of the shenanigans that went down in Yala Swamp has little to do with the concerns of the people, and everything to do with the Odingas.

http://theinformer.co.ke/1258/dominion-farms-and-yala-swamp/

All I hear from the few people I know in Kenya is how corrupt the members of parliament are and how little they trust them. I have one friend who works in wildlife and land conservation, and he runs into no end of trouble fighting against the government. I have little trouble believing that Odinga started demanding money from Burgess. But it does surprise me that he has not said anything about the accusations against Dominion Farms that his farm has not helped the locals. Then again, maybe it doesn't.

https://www.business-humanrights.org/en/dominion-farms

https://www.actionaidusa.org/takeaction/tell-dominion-farms-respect-land-rights-yala-swamp-community/

https://www.business-humanrights.org/en/kenya-agricultural-companys-impacts-on-communities-workers-in-yala-swamp

The whole thing reads like a modern-day Poisonwood Bible hot mess. In theory the farm sounded like a great idea, if it was actually run well, but in practice it sounds like it was put together by someone with no practical international development skills who thought you could transplant American life into the swamps of Kenya and didn't give two thoughts to regularly speaking with the locals.

And this is the kind of international development the Botkins wanted to promote with their "Global Humanitarian Council." Thank God all their projects seem to fall by the wayside.

In a weird coincidence, I first heard about the Botkins' S.Sudan 'venture' externally to FJ, yesterday.  Clearly I have been lax in my FJing :P

Externally to FJ? I’m very curious now, where did you hear about it?

Also, it looks like the interwebs have been completely scrubbed of the Global Humanitarian Council. It doesn’t pop up on Google anymore when you search the website. How sad. How on earth will we prepare for Ebola without Geoff’s help?! How will the girls of Liberia ever know the blessedness of serving their daddies without a Botkin to tell them?! Think of all the orphans whose support is being taken away because the Botkins aren’t there anymore to help them! 

On 7/31/2018 at 7:08 PM, Columbia said:

It seems that while the Botkins are not particularly good at reforming culture, they are especially good at letting projects peter out: Western Conservatory, the Botkinettes’ site, Isaac’s Navigating History projects, Battle for Civilization, Global Humanitarian Council. Am I forgetting any others?

IIRC, they took a brief dip into Christan prepper culture with a site called "Beyond Off Grid". It looks like that one is defunct as well (surprise!) and even the Wayback Machine doesn't seem to have it achieved.

https://beyondoffgrid.com/experts/geoffrey-botkin/

When I was Googling it, I ran across this:

"A new video series produced by filmmaker Geoffrey Botkin in conjunction with WND TV – shot in Brussels at the very heart of the power structure of the increasingly reviled European Union – reveals both a growing revolt and widespread patriotism that could sink the EU."

https://www.wnd.com/2017/07/why-keep-eu-parliamentarian-says-votes-dont-mean-anything/

It's from about a year ago, but I can't remember if we've discussed it on FJ already. Apologies if it's a re-post.

Should be "Geoffrey Botkin: Historian and Cultural ANAL-yst," given the extent of rectal-cranial inversion he has displayed for many years. What a fucking tool.

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

How many titles has Geoff given himself? 

As many as he needs. “Duck biologist” is still my favorite. 

7 hours ago, formergothardite said:

How many titles has Geoff given himself? 

“Founder of the Western Conservatory”

“shepherd of the team”

“artist”

“cultural analyst”

“political consultant”

“documentary filmmaker”

“writer”

“lecturer”

“worked on seismic oil exploration exploding dynamite”

“[worked] for a season with ducks and duck hunters as a wildlife biologist”

And that’s just from the Western Conservatory website...

13 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

“shepherd of the team”

“artist”

“cultural analyst”

“political consultant”

“documentary filmmaker”

“writer”

“lecturer”

"Napoleon was now never spoken of simply as 'Napoleon.' He was always referred to in formal style as 'our Leader, Comrade Napoleon,' and the pigs liked to invent for him such titles as Father of All Animals, Terror of Mankind, Protector of the Sheep-fold, Ducklings' Friend, and the like."

Still waiting for Isaac to become prime minister of New Zealand. Any news from our Kiwi friends?

On 8/14/2018 at 1:05 PM, AnnaSofia said:

IIRC, they took a brief dip into Christan prepper culture with a site called "Beyond Off Grid". It looks like that one is defunct as well (surprise!) and even the Wayback Machine doesn't seem to have it achieved.

https://beyondoffgrid.com/experts/geoffrey-botkin/

I remember that one!  Their whole survivalist scheme was based on internet interactions and communications during tribulation.  Apparently the internet will survive any apocalypse.

16 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

“shepherd of the team”

“artist”

“cultural analyst”

“political consultant”

“documentary filmmaker”

“writer”

“lecturer”

He was also an expert on Russian history and art when he did those Russian trips.

And don't forget:

"Father"

"Husband"

"Pastor"

44 minutes ago, Hane said:

Still waiting for Isaac to become prime minister of New Zealand. Any news from our Kiwi friends?

I think this was before my time of even lurking on fj.  I've seen it mentioned here and there since, but are there any past threads one of you good folks here could link me to where it was discussed more in-depth?  I need to know more about this hare-brained scheme, it sounds entertaining. :dance:

2 hours ago, The Mother Dust said:

I think this was before my time of even lurking on fj.  I've seen it mentioned here and there since, but are there any past threads one of you good folks here could link me to where it was discussed more in-depth?  I need to know more about this hare-brained scheme, it sounds entertaining. :dance:

VFI peddled the 200-year shite for beaucoup $$$. It looks like someone has collected some of the VF & Botkin crap at this website.

ETA: I recommend hustling over to the above link. Someone has stashed downloadable copies of the VF catalogs for at least several years, not to mention the 200-year shite & other, assorted VF nonsense.

Here is a second-hand exegesis of the 200-year plan that specifically mentions the NZ premiership for a Botkin son, allegedly quoting from source material:

[Allegedly quoting Geoffrey Botkin]

If my son is 57 or 56, if my son is serving as prime minister of New Zealand, what does he need to do now to be preparing himself to be adequate, just, righteous, well-educated ruler, so that he can administer justice in the way that it must be done?

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

VFI peddled the 200-year shite for beaucoup $$$. It looks like someone has collected some of the VF & Botkin crap at this website.

ETA: I recommend hustling over to the above link. Someone has stashed downloadable copies of the VF catalogs for at least several years, not to mention the 200-year shite & other, assorted VF nonsense.

Here is a second-hand exegesis of the 200-year plan that specifically mentions the NZ premiership for a Botkin son, allegedly quoting from source material:

[Allegedly quoting Geoffrey Botkin]

If my son is 57 or 56, if my son is serving as prime minister of New Zealand, what does he need to do now to be preparing himself to be adequate, just, righteous, well-educated ruler, so that he can administer justice in the way that it must be done?

"Ruler."  Wow.  Doesn't that word choice for an elected office speak volumes?  Thank you so much for these great links @hoipolloi i'm grabbing some snacks and settling in for the evening with this. Bless whoever did the work of archiving that material for posterity.
Edit to say, I just did some Googling and HAHA!  The current Prime Minister of NZ is a *gasp* WOMAN!!!  
Eat that Steve!!!  God I bet that just chaps his ass.  :laughing-lettersrofl:

58 minutes ago, The Mother Dust said:

Edit to say, I just did some Googling and HAHA!  The current Prime Minister of NZ is a *gasp* WOMAN!!!  

She's also a new mother, and her (unmarried) partner is a stay at home dad. :my_biggrin:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-zealand-prime-minister-jacinda-ardern-returns-to-work-from-maternity-leave/

Archived