IGNORED

Global Humanitarian Council - another floundered Botkin venture

Columbia

1 hour ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

She's also a new mother, and her (unmarried) partner is a stay at home dad. :my_biggrin:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-zealand-prime-minister-jacinda-ardern-returns-to-work-from-maternity-leave/

This just gets fucking better and better.  Thanks WWJCD ;-)  Someone run and tell that to Lori and Zu.  Especially as one of them, (I can't remember which) just recently referred to working moms as slaves.  

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gotta love Geoff’s conflation of red-blooded he-man military imagery with “proclaiming the Gospel.” The only military jargon I can recall Jesus using was “He who lives by the sword will die by the sword.” Geoff does give some weak-kneed explanation that he wasn’t *literally* referring to war, but feh. 

And *his* daughters aren’t going to have to settle for marrying “privates,” nosiree Bob. 

The more grandiose these douchebags are, the less they accomplish.  

19 hours ago, Hane said:

Word.  

On 8/16/2018 at 1:56 PM, Hane said:

It may be their only redeeming quality. 

On 8/17/2018 at 8:07 PM, Columbia said:

It may be their only redeeming quality. 

Then by all means, let them inflate with their own self importance!  I keep hearing Elaine Benes saying "you're all..puffed up!" 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2018 at 7:10 AM, Hane said:

Still waiting for Isaac to become prime minister of New Zealand. Any news from our Kiwi friends?

He should try for Australian PM, we change often enough that he might just slip in without anyone noticing.

On 8/15/2018 at 12:47 AM, Columbia said:

Externally to FJ? I’m very curious now, where did you hear about it?

One of my parents mentioned it in passing after we read a newsletter from an unrelated aid organisation doing work in the same region.  Dunno where they heard about it if it hasn't been around in a while, but maybe they read about it years ago?

Just dropped by to say that my post count tag is now "noted duck biologist"! 

*preens feathers, paddles away*

Archived