IGNORED

Counting On Season 5/6/7 Who Knows? It's on Tonight!

Coconut Flan

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn, those amazon clips of the girls' songs were like shots of straight-up high-fructose corn syrup.  I don't care if I was the most fundie of all fundies, I couldn't take listening to that. I'll send myself to the prayer closet for making fun of the kids. It's not their fault. 

2 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Damn, those amazon clips of the girls' songs were like shots of straight-up high-fructose corn syrup.  I don't care if I was the most fundie of all fundies, I couldn't take listening to that. I'll send myself to the prayer closet for making fun of the kids. It's not their fault. 

I think the Duggars do have enough leg humpers to buy a couple dozen of these CDs. However, it doesn't seem they really dedicated themselves to being a family singing group and it shows. I think they are no competition for the top fundie Von Trap families out there. I had no idea Jinger was such a great piano player. I do remember Jana being touted as a concert pianist. 

Kendra is a Mensa candidate in comparison to the Duggars. I heard at least one adverb used correctly, with that tricky -ly at the end, AND she said "I'm doing well" when asked. Maybe the kids who attend the JoeKen chapter of the SOTDRT will have a slightly better education.

ETA, by slightly better I mean slightly less subpar than the others will receive. 

18 minutes ago, SquirrelySquirrel said:

Kendra is a Mensa candidate in comparison to the Duggars. I heard at least one adverb used correctly, with that tricky -ly at the end, AND she said "I'm doing well" when asked. Maybe the kids who attend the JoeKen chapter of the SOTDRT will have a slightly better education. 

Kendra's entire speech about choosing to go to the same doctor her mother has for her last three births because they know him and she's had good experiences, and choosing to go the doctor/hospital route because she wants access to all the options and she doesn't know how her body is going to respond to pregnancy, labour and delivery yet, was probably one of the most rational and intelligent things I've heard any Duggar say in years. Kudos to her.

I think Austin is becoming bossy and controlling.  What kind of thoughtless guy puts the house for sale 2 mos. after baby born if they don’t have to? 

1 minute ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

I think Austin is becoming bossy and controlling.  What kind of thoughtless guy puts the house for sale 2 mos. after baby born if they don’t have to? 

Do they have to though?  If flipping houses is your job you might not have that much of a choice.  I will agree they should have thought of it before and maybe had 2 houses going if possible, but its not always possible.

Last time I sang all the cats from the surrounding two blocks came over to join in so I try not to judge too harshly. But I do notice that fundie families tend to see mediocre ability as something fantastic. 

16 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

I tend to agree. I get that flipping houses is their job, but your young wife is clearly very nervous about having her first baby. Maybe that's not the moment to stubbornly "put your foot down" about the timelines you need to stick to. Comfort your wife, and have the discussion about timelines at a better moment. And compromise!! If you think after 2 months, and she says 3-4... maybe just compromise on 3 then? I'm sure poor Joy felt like she just had to "submit" to whatever Austin thought though.

5 minutes ago, Kayleigh83 said:

I tend to agree. I get that flipping houses is their job, but your young wife is clearly very nervous about having her first baby. Maybe that's not the moment to stubbornly "put your foot down" about the timelines you need to stick to. Comfort your wife, and have the discussion about timelines at a better moment. And compromise!! If you think after 2 months, and she says 3-4... maybe just compromise on 3 then? I'm sure poor Joy felt like she just had to "submit" to whatever Austin thought though.

It sounded to me like it had to do with Austin wanting to get it on the market at a particular time for the summer buying season, which I can kind of understand. REGARDLESS, it sounds like Joy got kind of blindsided by the timing during the TH and I can absolutely understand why she wasn't happy about it.

New baby + moving out of your nice house (with kitchen, laundry, bathroom, and space) back into an RV? Not so pleasant.

When did they end up selling?  Was it 2 months after?  

And you can lose a huge amount of money waiting just 2 more months.  So maybe there is that too.  But they also could have come up with a better plan than moving back into the RV.

I'm laughing - because I had to move when I had a two-week-old, and again when I had an eight-month-old because Uncle Sam said so. 

Moving with a newborn and moving with a crawler and moving with a toddler and moving with a preschooler - it's all the same. :) 

22 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

Do they have to though?  If flipping houses is your job you might not have that much of a choice.  I will agree they should have thought of it before and maybe had 2 houses going if possible, but its not always possible.

One thing for sure having baby after baby after baby won't fit well with a house flipping lifestyle, it won't be horribly hard with 1 kid but once you get that 3rd or 4th kid and you're moving for the 6th or 7th time in in as many years, 1 you can't get that many of you in a rundown RV, and 2 that is exhausting and hard on the kids, constantly being uprooted. They will either have to slow their fundy quiver or buck it up & buy a house to live in and then buy flip houses to sell, like most house flippers do.

2 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

When did they end up selling?  Was it 2 months after?  

And you can lose a huge amount of money waiting just 2 more months.  So maybe there is that too.  But they also could have come up with a better plan than moving back into the RV.

They ended up selling the house on June 20th according to the real estate thread, so Gideon was 4 Months old. I just really hope they’re not living in an RV now that they have. a baby

1 minute ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I'm laughing - because I had to move when I had a two-week-old, and again when I had an eight-month-old because Uncle Sam said so. 

Moving with a newborn and moving with a crawler and moving with a toddler and moving with a preschooler - it's all the same. :) 

I moved in 12 days before DS was born (thought I had 6 weeks) honestly that is the best way to move, you don't have to do anything but sit on the couch with your feet up and bark orders.  I helps that I was warned to "take it easy"  by my doctors because of my swollen ankles and high blood pressure.

On 8/8/2018 at 5:30 AM, VBOY9977 said:
They ended up selling the house on June 20th according to the real estate thread, so Gideon was 4 Months old. I just really hope they’re not living in an RV now that they have. a baby

I read somewhere, tumblr or Facebook, that they’re living with Austin’s parents for now

25 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

One thing for sure having baby after baby after baby won't fit well with a house flipping lifestyle, it won't be horribly hard with 1 kid but once you get that 3rd or 4th kid and you're moving for the 6th or 7th time in in as many years, 1 you can't get that many of you in a rundown RV, and 2 that is exhausting and hard on the kids, constantly being uprooted. They will either have to slow their fundy quiver or buck it up & buy a house to live in and then buy flip houses to sell, like most house flippers do.

Maybe they can consult with the JRods RE tips for mobile living with a gaggle? Invest in some dog crates, perhaps?

10 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

Kendra with a male doctor....I find that interesting. 

IIRC Michelle had a male doctor for at least some of her pregnancies. I don’t think they showed Jinger’s Dr? 

I finally caught up on episode one and two, but didn't see the bonus (#3?)

Josiah definitely has a type. Kendra seems like she had some formal education. 

Lots on Lauren

(1) She and her family are new to the courtship model. This may explain some of the formal awkwardness. (2). She wanted to go to Israel. Austria was some second choice that seems thrust upon her. (3) Definitely a thinker. (4) Bold speaker. (5) stated she was latina/Hispanic instead of "I am half...", "my (one) parent is...", "  I have  ...ancestry."  She owns it.  Now that just made her Interesting. (6) Gluten allergy doesn't deter Josiah.

I think Lauren has been pegged, prematurely. 

Jinjer are going contemporary Christian, I am calling it early. Also, Jinger has trouble being honest about what she thinks. Wondering if that is personality  or what has been beat into her from childhood. I really think she looks down on the way she was raised all the while emulating her mother's  path. I personally expect more from Jinger. She is talented and bright. She should not set her life up to only be a mother and wife because what happens when the kids grow up and Jeremy pastors at a huge church? Lastly, odd they are the only couple to date, who have not specified their courtship rules.

Jana is a boss! I keep saying the type of man she needs (assuming she wants to date/marry) will not be making stops through Fundieville. She will have to get out there and find him. Too bad she was taught her worth lies in a man finding her while she remains pleasantly available.

???Does anyone actually follow strict courtships beside ATI/IBLP people??? Serious question.

Structured courtship was new to Ben, Derick, Jeremy and now Lauren. Not sure about Austin and Kendra.

Unpopular Opinion: I find this family interesting, despite me knowing they're not all living the life they promote.

3 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

I finally caught up on episode one and two, but didn't see the bonus (#3?)

Josiah definitely has a type. Kendra seems like she had some formal education. 

Lots on Lauren

(1) She and her family are new to the courtship model. This may explain some of the formal awkwardness. (2). She wanted to go to Israel. Austria was some second choice that seems thrust upon her. (3) Definitely a thinker. (4) Bold speaker. (5) stated she was latina/Hispanic instead of "I am half...", "my (one) parent is...", "  I have  ...ancestry."  She owns it.  Now that just made her Interesting. (6) Gluten allergy doesn't deter Josiah.

I think Lauren has been pegged, prematurely. 

Jinjer are going contemporary Christian, I am calling it early. Also, Jinger has trouble being honest about what she thinks. Wondering if that is personality  or what has been beat into her from childhood. I really think she looks down on the way she was raised all the while emulating her mother's  path. I personally expect more from Jinger. She is talented and bright. She should not set her life up to only be a mother and wife because what happens when the kids grow up and Jeremy pastors at a huge church? Lastly, odd they are the only couple to date, who have not specified their courtship rules.

Jana is a boss! I keep saying the type of man she needs (assuming she wants to date/marry) will not be making stops through Fundieville. She will have to get out there and find him. Too bad she was taught her worth lies in a man finding her while she remains pleasantly available.

???Does anyone actually follow strict courtships beside ATI/IBLP people??? Serious question.

Structured courtship was new to Ben, Derick, Jeremy and now Lauren. Not sure about Austin and Kendra.

Unpopular Opinion: I find this family interesting, despite me knowing they're not all living the life they promote.

Okay, what is a contemporary Christian?  What would that mean to you and how would you know she went that way?

I will say that when you have a new baby or are getting ready to its easy to fall back into what you were raised.  I did a bit, and I don't think my mother was the best at that roll.  I've worked through it, but I do know that the falling into what you were taught is common.  I can see someone  wanting something different and having to fight their instincts to get there, with some back sliding.  

Not to be picky, but Lauren has a gluten sensitivity, not an allergy. It’s an important distinction. A sensitivity can cause unpleasant symptoms but an allergy, depending on severity, can kill you.

Lauren actually seems pretty normal and somewhat interesting to me. I don’t really get any weird vibes from her beyond the general fundie weirdness they all share. Josiah, on the other hand... I don’t know. Something about him just strikes me as so off, and the more I see of him these days the more those vague alarm bells are ringing. I actually get uncomfortable watching him and I’m not even entirely sure what it is.

35 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

Many non-IBLP fundies court (the Vision Forum people lived and died by courtship back in the day) and in the 2000s, Joshua Harris' book I Kissed Dating Goodbye sparked a courtship craze in regular evangelical youth groups, though it didn't stick.

23 hours ago, metheglyn said:

Yes! I turned the captions on to get the spelling as well.

Lily (16)

David (14)

Lydia (11)

Daniel (8)

Dustin (6)

Drew (4)

Luci (2)

Plus

Duke (born in February after this episode aired)

Please tell me poor Duke has a real name and this is a nickname. He'll go thru life with people thinking "DUke" is the name of the family's dog.

5 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Many non-IBLP fundies court (the Vision Forum people lived and died by courtship back in the day) and in the 2000s, Joshua Harris' book I Kissed Dating Goodbye sparked a courtship craze in regular evangelical youth groups, though it didn't stick.

I was at two chaperoning churches, one fundie the other was conservative with lax courtship standards. No side hugs necessary. Kissing was allowed but requested to be limited and you could opt to be alone at a certain age but being alone at homes/hotels (even in at conferences) etc was was highly discouraged.

But still that was nothing like what IBLP seems to have with these extremely rigid rules. No hand holding until engagement? Do we know of others besides Vision Forum? I will look up Joshua Harris. 

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived