• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

Counting On Season 5/6/7 Who Knows? It's on Tonight!

Tired
Coconut Flan

TLC's season numbering is so crazy it seems they get lost.  Direct TV, TheTVDB, PTV, etc, are going with season 7 as is my cable guide.  It lines up with TLC calling this episode 14.  

In this first look at Josiah and Lauren's wedding, the bride and groom say their "I do's" and have their first kiss!  Then wind back 6 months earlier to the beginning of their courtship.  Meanwhile, Joe and Kendra go on their honeymoon to Greece. 

120 minutes

Preview clip:

https://www.google.com.co/amp/s/people.com/tv/josiah-duggar-shares-what-attracted-him-lauren-swanson/amp/

Buzzard

Who wants to take the bullet for the recap tonight?  I cant keep myself awake until 11pm for that crap!

VineHeart137
5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Who wants to take the bullet for the recap tonight?  I cant keep myself awake until 11pm for that crap!

It's already available on TLC if you have access!

Buzzard
1 minute ago, VineHeart137 said:

It's already available on TLC if you have access!

I can definitely post it early.  That will work!

Alice in Fundieland

I watched what I assume is the second hour on the TLC app. It started with Josiah asking Lauren to enter a courtship and had footage of Joe and Kendra’s honeymoon. It also offered brief updates on Jinger, Jeremy, Joy, and Austin and covered the Seewalds’ third wedding anniversary.

One thing that stood out to me, about 5 minutes in, was when Josiah was listing the things he admired about Lauren and he mentioned college. I had to go back and listen to it twice to be sure I heard him correctly, but he mentions college and then it flashes to his sisters asking Lauren about recently graduating. Maybe she mentioned something to Josiah about wanting to take a class or two after her high school graduation? 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

artdecades

I want, no need, to see those drawings. Can someone screenshot them?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

Wine time!
Snarkasarus Rex

The whole drawing thing seems like a rehash of the paint and no sip they did a little while ago.  DerJill painted a picture of JinJer without faces...it was super creepy.  

Alice in Fundieland

@Buzzard I found the pictures of young JimBob and Michelle to be so disturbing that I took a screenshot to share with my fellow FJers. B8E10A71-274F-410D-8A14-157B9827CC92.thumb.png.ae8d3bab86c4f45d8385e5d6daadf21e.png

Edited by Alice in Fundieland
  • Upvote 12
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 9

CaricatureQualities

When asked about Greek gods only Jeremy and Josiah could name just Zeus!? (excluding Ben who got a few, yay).  

And Kendra actually said they went to Greece for some "history"? Please. They travel to places that are mentioned in the bible and they are there for the Christian "history" (and not legit Christian history but their idea of history... whatever that is) of the place and that's it. Does it even occur to them that these countries have more history than "Paul was here" and such?  Nope. 

EDUCATION MEANS NOTHING

FUCK LEARNING ANYTHING ABOUT ANYTHING

It's arrogant. They are so grossly arrogant and proud of it. 

It's not that they don't know, it's that they don't want or care to know...because it is beneath them.

Edited by CaricatureQualities
  • Upvote 30
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Waffle Time
metheglyn
1 hour ago, artdecades said:

I want, no need, to see those drawings. Can someone screenshot them?

Here you go:

Jinger & Jeremy holding the other person's portrait of them.

1445381458_Portraits_-_JJ.thumb.PNG.30816e96922d8825f88e5612de2803c7.PNG

Everyone else is holding his/her picture of the other person. They all were rather reluctant and acknowledged that their drawings were terrible

Jessa & Ben (who apparently has some actual art training, but was skeptical about drawing with markers):

Spoiler

546901762_Portraits_-_JB.thumb.PNG.e58cc8e3264fd147e93fafe4f551b76c.PNG

Joy & Austin:

Spoiler

144529755_Portraits_-_JA.thumb.PNG.46b8b0fc3dc1d3eb7620bc0f91107336.PNG

Joe & Kendra:

Spoiler

1250157164_Portraits_-_JK.thumb.PNG.c608e1b30fbb117eb196f8b9fd2029fb.PNG

Josiah & Jason:

Spoiler

764753282_Portraits_-_Josiah__Jason.thumb.PNG.9cf2e5936d88f33b4a6b6dfe130fe47e.PNG

Jed & Jer:

Spoiler

1272069335_Portraits_-_Jed__Jer.thumb.PNG.04118cb20386f6a4f19c1590f555145c.PNG

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 14
  • Thank You 11

Rachel333

I notice Lauren doesn't have that super breathy voice in that clip.

Alice in Fundieland

This was Jana’s face while Jessa and Joy were talking about marriage and “time flying by.” This is inspiring me to develop a “What Do You Meme: Fundies Edition.”

Spoiler

344710B1-A413-4C32-BFF3-ACE733ACF2D3.thumb.png.a64654ccc91914bee4ee44e91833afe1.png

VeryNikeSeamstress

Yup. I called it in another thread. The Greek honeymoon would be filled with Kendra's excessive giggling. At least they're starting with the Siren courtship early instead of dragging that out all season. I just hope we get to see JD and Abbie this season, and not have to wait until whenever the next season will be (late fall? winter?). 

nst
4 hours ago, Buzzard said:

8 hours on a boat from athens to santorni is not fun - i have done it. -2003 by myself on a tour 

contiki

moral of the story - don't use contiki as a tour group. 

1 hour ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

@Buzzard I found the pictures of young JimBob and Michelle to be so disturbing that I took a screenshot to share with my fellow FJers. 

and we appreciate it ! because no one needs to see that twice 

Edited by nst

CaricatureQualities
4 minutes ago, nst said:

I will miss your wedding thoughts. !!! 

I can't do it and watch real housewives of Orange county at the same time. 

Just go back and look for her comments from the first time their wedding aired. I forgot about the first hour being a wedding rewind before we get to the honeymoon / rest of it. I'm sure they saved 3-5 minutes of unseen footage to make it worth it.

nst
Just now, CaricatureQualities said:

Just go back and look for her comments from the first time their wedding aired. I forgot about the first hour being a wedding rewind before we get to the honeymoon / rest of it. I'm sure they saved 3-5 minutes of unseen footage to make it worth it.

i read it - all is good 

vickie can scream at kelly 

Meh
Satan'sFortress
2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Joken do a “titanic” stance on the bow of the ship and kiss.  Of course, she giggles.

I am curious as to how they would know about the Titanic stance.  I can't imagine they have seen the movie---there is a nakey lady in it.  :pearlclutching:

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

They discuss how time has flown by, and its busy with the kids.  They thought marriage would be all butterflies and romance and theres been a lot of ups and downs.  There have been hard times but you rely on eachoteher and the lord. 

This is interesting to me, as well.  I will give them point for admitting it, but I wonder why they would have thought this in the first place.  Maybe the parents never disagreeing in front of the kids (as Jessa posted about recently) sets them up for believing that is what marriage is?

Tired
Audrey2

The scary thing is, in 5 years (or less), Kendra will be "educating" children. Poor Garret and his future siblings...

• Upvote 14
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1

Wine time!
Snarkasarus Rex
36 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I am curious as to how they would know about the Titanic stance.  I can't imagine they have seen the movie---there is a nakey lady in it.  :pearlclutching:

This is interesting to me, as well.  I will give them point for admitting it, but I wonder why they would have thought this in the first place.  Maybe the parents never disagreeing in front of the kids (as Jessa posted about recently) sets them up for believing that is what marriage is?

Boob and Meechelle don't exactly have a typical marriage, so I can see why Jessa had a warped view of what marriage is.  It's easy for everything to be sunshine and rainbow unicorn farts with your spouse when your kids provide child care for each other, educate each other, and run the household.  Not to mention Meechelle always putting on a happy face, whether she was happy or not.  Jessa had to learn the hard way how typical spouses make things work when she discovered how much work actually raising your own kids is.  

Nervous
AliceInFundyland

How do you go to Greece and not know any Greek mythology? It’s so fucking unfair. I really hate them sometimes. I hate that they don’t know enough to try to learn something about the countries they visit to make up for the fact that they didn’t learn anything growing up.

I’m giving Ben a point just for coming out of that quiz ahead.

Fruit salads don’t have lettuce. Morons.

Kendra could do okay with practical parenting. Her mom sending her to the hospital was a rational and wise choice that made me somewhat optimistic. Homeschooling though......Nooooooope.

Edited by AliceInFundyland
  • Upvote 20
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

SpurgysingsHipHop

Why are Josiah's jeans so tight? Swear he's showing more curves than any of his sisters and they don't even wear form-fitting clothes

Tired
Audrey2
1 minute ago, SpurgysingsHipHop said:

Why are Josiah's jeans so tight? Swear he's showing more curves than any of his sisters and they don't even wear form-fitting clothes

Kelly Bates doesn't have any problems posting pictures of her sons in tight clothing. Pictures come up from time to time on the Bates thread. I guess to Fundies, only females can be defrauding (but not in the real world- men can look really good, too!)

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1