IGNORED

Counting On Season 5/6/7 Who Knows? It's on Tonight!

Coconut Flan

45 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Sorry. I overreacted.It just kinda sounded like some people  had Lauren pegged as  a flakey and quirky and silly  fundy girl and just could not believe she is actually intelligent and educated. 

You know, she seems quite the opposite -to me. There is something about Lauren. Too early to tell but something about her is more than what she puts off. She seems wiser than her years or something. I can't pin point it. I do think the silly fundie stuff she's got going around Josiah is as fake as his wedding tears. I don't think she's malicious or anything (at least I hope not); she just know what is expected of her and she plays into.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched about half the episode. Despite a lot of the same old, same old, I had to LOL when Jason shaded Josiah and said he had to draw him with his receding hairline (beware your future young one)

Also, did anyone else notice Jessa reference herself as a cougar??

2 minutes ago, PigtailHeadband said:

Watched about half the episode. Despite a lot of the same old, same old, I had to LOL when Jason shaded Josiah and said he had to draw him with his receding hairline (beware your future young one)

I was waiting for someone to mention Jessa's cougar comment. Is Ben younger than her? 

5 minutes ago, Mlissmartin said:

I was waiting for someone to mention Jessa's cougar comment. Is Ben younger than her? 

Yep. By 2 and a half years. 

2 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

So.Much.Giggling.

Thanks again @Buzzard.   

This has been my life for the last 6 years, a gaggle of giggling girls in my house. Granted they are all just now 18 and going to college. Not changing diapers and waiting to get pregnant again. 

14 hours ago, Buzzard said:

They pull into Santorini and get to the resort.  They kiss on the balcony… and puta a “do not disturb” on the door.

For people who blather on about modesty all the time, they sure do love drawing attention to their sex lives. 

Okay so did anyone else DIE of laughter at the point where the couples (mostly) were drawing pictures of each other and Ben said he considered at first just drawing pictures to represent Jessa?

Jessa- A cougar!

*Awkward pause*

Ben- "Nooo! Not  THAT!" 

I lost it so hard after that bit. lol

15 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Below is a recap of whats available on TLCgo.  Its more than an hour, so its possible that this is the whole 2 hour waste of time:

“Its all greek to me”

Jessa gives us a summary of everything that’s happened.  People got married, babies… Jana is renovating and gardening.  Josiah is ‘up to something’.  Benessa are watching littles and life isn’t going to slow down.

No mention of Jill

TTH

We open in the boy’s room.  They mention that Josiah is “glued to his phone” and using deodarent.  He’s “all about lauren.”  We’re introduced to Lauren and they are courting.  They got to know then 7-8 years ago as they were “passing through” and they’ve seen them at conferences.  They are “just friends” but courting is a big life decision.

We watch Josiah Get dressed… there are squicky pictures of boob and j’chelle as a very young couple next to the mirror in the boy’s room.  That’s fucked up.

Jana – She’s helped him bloom.

Jessa – They’ve been talking non stop for quite a while now.  They’re ready to make this official and start a courtship.

Josiah – I told my older sisters that he wants to court her.  They’re going to take them out and he is going to ask her to court over dessert.

Swanson home

Jana, Jessa, and Joy get to the house.  They talk about how they just moved… they have a “boatload” of kids and they homeskool.  Jessa finds them acceptable.

They go to marketplace, of course… I wonder if there will be flaming cheese!  Oh look, Ms. Giggly is there too! They cackle about Josiah.

Josiah TH – She has a head on her shoulders, going to college.  She has a focus on others and comes from a family with a lot of kids.

Lauren – We spent a lot of time together during joken’s wedding and he would do anything for me.

The girls cackle that they video chatted for 5 hours.

Jessa – Ben and I had a long conversation that wasn’t chaperoned.

Joy TH – Lauren is level headed and not a drama queen (is this a shot at Marjorie).  She laughs at his jokes.

Jana Th – she’s very organized and can tell it like it is and can enjoy life and laugh at his jokes.

The girls talk her into dessert despite the fact that she is “health conscious” and doesn’t want sugar. They eat dessert and Lauren eats fruit.

Josiah pulls up to the restaurant and prepares to sneak in like a stalker and ask her to court.  This is totally normal to crash a girl’s night… not weird at all…

He sneaks up behind her and says “is there anything else I can get for you ladies?”

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Josiah sneaks up and catches lauren mid bite.  They side hug.  He says “you know you cant go anywhere without letting me has dessert.”  He sits down and says it AGAIN.  No one laughs.

She smiles adoringly at him with a strawberry in her mouth.  He asks her to court in full view of his sisters.  She says she’d love to.

TH – she said she has no clue (like the cameras weren’t a tip off).

Kendra congratulates them and says they are “officially courting, its kind of fun.”

Kendra – enjoy the moment, it’s a fun stage

Jo/Lauren – we may go fast.

Weird split screens time shift to Joken heading to Greece for their honeymoon.  They explain they stayed local for a while and are heading to Greece because they wanted to go somewhere to see history but do fun things and experience the greek culture.  This trip will be different than other international trips because it will only be the 2 of them and not other family.  Kendra has only been to central America.

Joseph explains they were never alone until they were married

Kendra says it was strange but then they got used to it and they enjoy it.

They fly first class in a lie flat.  They kiss across the seats.  20 hours later they arrive in Athens. They check into the hotel grand Bretagne.  They ooh and ahh at the scenery from their balcony.

They head up to Mars Hill, which is wehre Paul preached.  They are upset that the sermon he preached is in greek.  Joe says “its all greek to me.”

Jessa says he’ll say that a ton.  TLC starts a count.  They take a selfie from the hill.

Kendra – chaperones are good to take pictures.  Now we can only do selfies but its special to be alone.

They head to a lunch in the sky, it’s a restaurant on a crane.  Kendra notes that it goes up, and turns.  Kendra explains that the acropolis is a temple to the greek gods.

Producer to J’kids – name a greek god.

That’s a big NOPE.  Jeremy – Zeus

Ben knows quite a few.

Josiah gets Zeus.

That’s really sad… I’m pretty sure I learned that in junior high.

Kendra TH – I talk to people I don’t know if they are willing to talk to me.

Back to lunch.  Kendra babbles to a woman next to her while Joe murders the food.  She explains she’s going to stay home and help Joe sell cars.  He doesn’t like to talk.  Kendra also tells this total stranger that they will have as many kids as the lord allows, and that joe is one of 19, and all the kids are a year apart.  The stranger asks if the dad ran away.

Kendra – its interesting  to see their complete shock.

COMMERICAL

Laredo!

Jinger and Jeremy “on our day off” are going on a date to “do art.”  JInger is nervous because its out of her comfort zone.  The teacher explains how to draw a face, and they are going to use eachother as a model.

Producer asks ben if he ever drew jessa.  He poetically says “no.”  Now it’s a game of all the j’kids drawing eachother in a fun time killing filler section.

Jeremy’s version of jinger looks like children of a lesser god.  JInger’s isn’t awful.

Austin drew joy looking like a frumpy mess.  There are no words to describe the others, no effort was used for any of this.  Somehow we wasted 4 minutes so GOAL ACHIEVED, TLC!

JInger tells him that it was  good drawing of a random person, but not her.

COMMERCIAL

Back in Athens

Joken wander across the street and into a subway.  They’re going on a “food walking tour.” They are confused about where to buy tickets, but its “all greek to me!” They cant figure it out because the machines are in greek (duh). Theres a giant fucking british flag in the bottom but it takes them too long to figure it out, but once he hits it PRAISE JESUS! Its in English!  Sorry, I guess they were looking for an American flag.

They ask for directions. Joe is very proud of himself for responding “si.”  He thinks that if he responds in all the languages he knows they’ll get it.

They get on the train.  Joe films himself with his phone. Kendra says the subway is an “underground bus.”  WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

They arrive and meet the heathen working female that is going to give them their tour.  This hussy is wearing pants.

They start with cheese and spinach pies.  Kendra is afraid of cooked spinach and has texture issues.  Joe likes it. They head to the “vegetarian nightmare” aka the meat market.  Kendra quips that “I’ve never been to a meat market.”  Yes, dear, we know.

She doesn’t like how it smells.  She giggles that you can buy testicles.

They head to the vegetable market.  They have a lot of olives.  She likes Kalamata and they kiss after she eats it so he can taste it.  She giggles.

They are given a shopping list “its all greek to me!”  They’re going to make a greek salad.

Back at a shop they cut up the ingredients.  They joke that Kendra will cook and joe will “help” in the kitchen. 

Kendra likes the tour guide’s accent and is confused that there is no lettuce in the salad.  Joe didn’t know that either.  Salad has lettuce, that’s what makes a salad.

COMMERCIAL

The greek islands

Kendra and Joe are headed to Santorini on a boat.  They didn’t want to fly.  The ferry is part of the experience.  They  drink coffee and talk about how he’s a deep sleeper he also licks his plate but she wont let him do that in public.  She giggles about how much coffee he had.

TH – they need to not lick their plates because we don’t want to teach our kids that. Joe explains that he’s not the only one in the family that does that.  More cackling.  OMG STOP GIGGLING

Joe – Kendra loves sharing food with me.  She’s also extra giggly when she’s tired.

They walk up on the deck.

Jaustin TH – Austin cant snuggle and sleep at the same time.

Joken do a “titanic” stance on the bow of the ship and kiss.  Of course, she giggles.

Jessa TH – ben is meticulous, he irons his t shirts and jeans.

Joe TH – married life is great, it really is.  We’re able to talk and get closer each day.  Its amazing.

They pull into Santorini and get to the resort.  They kiss on the balcony… and puta a “do not disturb” on the door.

Back in Arkansas… Jessa plays with Henry.  Ben still has a year left in school. Spurgeon speaks in sentences.

Ben comes home with ingredients. Its their 3rd anniversary and is going to make dinner while Jessa goes out to get her nails done.  He explains he designed a necklace for their anniversary. Jessa says he’s so thoughtful to “keep” the kids while she goes out.

Ben – it’s a lot of energy to keep up with the kids, especially if I’m preparing a special supper so it will be interesting.

COMMERCIAL

Santorini

They rent a 4x4 to drive around.  She giggles.  Kendra feels better because the “roads aren’t switched.” She doesn’t like the turns and the gas pedal is “jumpy.”  More giggling.  They get to the beach and are going to paddleboard.  Kendra remarks that the sand is black.  Joe has never seen that.  Kendra rubs it on her hands and says its “exfoliating.”  Joe doesn’t know what that means.  He guesses its something about a volcano.

They are taught how to paddleboard… Kendra has leggings  under her skirt.

Joe falls off.  Kendra tries to stand and dunks too.  Its hard to do in the ocean, its easier in a lake. The waves put a “whole new dynamic.”  Lots of shots of them eating it…. They get the hang of it, kind of… and its over. They change clothes and “it was epic.”

COMMERCIAL

The girls are getting pedicures (jana, jessa, and very prego joy).  They talk about how its been 3 years and a whirlwind. Joy is wearing an “Austin” sweatshirt.

Back at the house, henry is crawling in the bookcase as ben cooks.   Ben rolls up his sleeves, henry crawls into the kitchen.  He’s making quinoa, steak, and a salad.  We’re told (again) about the necklace. 

Henry cries and wants a sippy cup.  Ben remarks its hard to cook and watch the baby.  He puts him in the playpen.  Henry isn’t amused and cries.  Ben gets him and says that he’s in a mood.  He puts him in a chair and gives him cheerios.  Ben goes back to cooking… henry falls asleep in the kind of highchair. Ben puts a toy between his head and the chair.

At the nail place, joy shows them how the baby is kicking.  She feels well and doesn’t have cravings, just tired.

Autin TH – its sinking in that I’m going to be a dad (BAD FUNDIE, YOU ARE A DAD PER YOUR BS)

Joy explains that Austin has only changed one diaper, he’s the youngest of 2.

Jessa – its sweet. He’s going to jump right in and figure it out.

Jessa TH – its just a few months ago we were kids and now we’re all adults and starting families.

The girls are done and leave the salon, “gloss.”  We’ve seen the sign 4 times.

COMMERCIAL

Benessa’s house

Spurge wakes up, henry is now in a playpen.  Jessa isn’t surprised that ben pulled it off.  Jessa got red toenails.  Ben tells Jessa its dinner time.

Ben th – jessa has a lot of patience as a mom.

Henry sits at the table and spurge sits on the couch, watching a cartoon, while they eat.

Joken TH – Benessa are an example to us putting their relationship first.  Ben helps jessa a lot, not just mom doing everything.

The steak looks nasty… not at all like steak, more like chicken.  They discuss how time has flown by, and its busy with the kids.  They thought marriage would be all butterflies and romance and theres been a lot of ups and downs.  There have been hard times but you rely on eachoteher and the lord. 

Ben discusses having another kid by 4 years… jessa says “its possible.”

Jessa loves seeing him as a dad.

Ben presents Jessa with a necklace, more like slams the box in front of her.  She opens it and says “aww, babe.”  Its two hearts with 3 pearls (for 3 years). 

In Fira, Greece… Joken see donkeys walk by.  They’re headed back to Arkansas tomorrow but they’re exploring today.  They step out to the water at sunset and remark how beautiful it is.  A “parade” walks by singing.  It’s a theatre group.   Joe jokes that everyone there is somewhat related… The theatre group finds out their on their honeymoon… joe is taken aback when the woman kissed him on the cheek and tried to kiss his other cheek.  They’re given plates to break.

They wander some more and talk about how they’re ready to get back to “normal” life and finishing up the house.

The producer asks if they’re going to have a baby soon, she giggles and says she doesn’t think shes pregnant but they haven’t tested.

I haven't watched since 19K&C but I can see it's just as boring as ever. *yawn*

and again now the show is like a chess match with all the families and personal opinions. 

again i could have just seen the last 20 minutes with the seewalds and had my fill. 

because you can only take Kendra going on about how she doesn't know anything and that convo while they were eating and the tourist was staged. 

staged i tell you. 

2 minutes ago, ati_escapee said:

I haven't watched since 19K&C but I can see it's just as boring as ever. *yawn*

and you today are my faveourite person. 

8 hours ago, Mlissmartin said:

by 2.5 to 3 years. 

14 hours ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

@Buzzard I found the pictures of young JimBob and Michelle to be so disturbing that I took a screenshot to share with my fellow FJers. B8E10A71-274F-410D-8A14-157B9827CC92.thumb.png.ae8d3bab86c4f45d8385e5d6daadf21e.png

WHY?! I don't understand.

My parents gave my sister and me some pretty awful church directory pictures they had purchased for Christmas. I didn't hang mine up, but if I did, it wouldn't be in my bedroom. I think it's even weirder since the kids live at home and can, you know, see their parent every day?

Sidenote I'm a professional photographer and my parents still purchased church directory photos.

So, this was the first episode featuring (a lack of) the new outcasts.  No Jill/Dwreck, no Anna/Joshly, no boob/michelle.  Jessa narrated and clearly is positioning herself to try and take over the show.  They wont be able sustain all the jumping around forever, so TLC is going to have to pick a main duggar and Jessa is clearly trying to be the one selected.

How many more Duggars will be voted off the island?  Tune in next month for SURVIVOR:Duggarville.

38 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

So, this was the first episode featuring (a lack of) the new outcasts.  No Jill/Dwreck, no Anna/Joshly, no boob/michelle.  Jessa narrated and clearly is positioning herself to try and take over the show.  They wont be able sustain all the jumping around forever, so TLC is going to have to pick a main duggar and Jessa is clearly trying to be the one selected.

How many more Duggars will be voted off the island?  Tune in next month for SURVIVOR:Duggarville.

They should make the show survivor-style where they have to vote each other out. I'd watch that. 

Having their photo taken together doesn't have to = courtship. According to Lauren, they courted for six weeks before they were engaged. That puts their courtship beginning right around the start of January, but it's plausible that Lauren miscounted and they actually started courting in late December. Doesn't make much of a difference, anyway.

We had some chatter back when the courtship was announced about how to pronounce her first name. I am also Lauren and I said previously that I’m not really certain how to pronounce my own name but most versions are acceptable. Hearing her name being said several times in the episode made me squirm. They say it wrong. :pb_lol: They always leave out the U and often leave out the E.

As for the Greek gods, I’m highly educated and pretty well read. I can name 2 or 3 characters from Greek mythology and if put on the spot, I’d probably be uncertain about two of those. I’m the first to admit my memory is terrible and I doubt I’ve retained even 15-20% of what I was taught in middle and high school.

Here comes an unpopular opinion: I disagree totally with the American emphasis on higher education. Yes, it’s nice to have functioning members of society with basic skills and common sense, but it also makes no sense to have degree-toting housewives, garbage collectors, and other tradesmen. Count me delighted that we aren’t all $60k in debt and trying to make a living doing the more basic jobs necessary for civilization to continue as it is. Good for those who desire college degrees and especially those who obtain them without debt, but if Jessa wasted her time and money going to college, I’d be disappointed. It’s perfectly fine to prefer being a stay-at-home mom and to pursue that instead. Our cities and towns need the average high-school educated workers to fill various jobs, too. I think it’s great that Joe can support his little family selling cars, JD with all of his various skills, and Austin with the house flipping. Even Chad seems to be doing well and seems to find pure joy in his work. I’m also astounded by my former below-average classmates who have gone on to acquire even greater debt (and several extra semesters of coursework...like, beyond the 6 years it should take) to get a masters degree just so they can be competitive in the job market. Meanwhile, it takes 45 minutes to get through the Sonic drivethru in my neighborhood because they can’t keep minimum wage-plus-tips workers. Education is not as important as our society seems to think. My husband earns 6 figures without a degree and I left the work force because my degree and “career” wasn’t even going to cover daycare. I so wish I hadn’t wasted my time and money on college and I absolutely will not push my kids to do that. I’d prefer to encourage whatever they love and whatever it takes to get there. Then again, I’m not hip on Greek mythology, so what do I know anyway? Teeheehee

2 hours ago, ati_escapee said:

WHY?! I don't understand.

My parents gave my sister and me some pretty awful church directory pictures they had purchased for Christmas. I didn't hang mine up, but if I did, it wouldn't be in my bedroom. I think it's even weirder since the kids live at home and can, you know, see their parent every day?

Sidenote I'm a professional photographer and my parents still purchased church directory photos.

My parents framed a photo of them too for some church event and gave it to us. I don't even have pictures of US up - I don't think I'll hang one of them up...

I taped the episode and am now watching.  Just saw the wedding.  I hadn't clicked through to see it on preview before so I don't know whether the episode covers more than that preview did, but can we talk about that awful violin playing?  LOL.  

Other than that I liked the wedding bit... Lauren's dad seems like a big old softie.  

1 hour ago, Pete Pickles said:

As for the Greek gods, I’m highly educated and pretty well read. I can name 2 or 3 characters from Greek mythology and if put on the spot, I’d probably be uncertain about two of those. I’m the first to admit my memory is terrible and I doubt I’ve retained even 15-20% of what I was taught in middle and high school.

"Clash of the Titans" was my favorite movie when I was little.  I was Medusa for Halloween when I was 5. Yes, I know how strange I am... 

11 hours ago, PigtailHeadband said:

OMG! Yes! I was surprised she knew the term! 

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

"Clash of the Titans" was my favorite movie when I was little.  I was Medusa for Halloween when I was 5. Yes, I know how strange I am... 

I had a 6th grade English teacher who was famous for her mythology stories. I think I knew more about Zeus thank Jesus at that time! We all loved her. 

I watched the episode late last night. Courtship/Wedding/Honeymoon/baby repeat, it's going to go on forever. Jana is next after JD. A lot of Joe and Kendra's honeymoon stuff was all staged of course but Kendra is very bright and bubbly. I do think Kendra can talk to strangers no problem. I honestly enjoy watching her and Joe more then I ever did Jill. 

I can probably name two of three Greek Gods if put on the spot but I might not be able to tell you what they all do, other then the obvious ones like Zues, Athena, Hades. It all depends, haha.

I watched the wedding a while ago and I don't think I'll be able to watch any more Counting On. I've done nothing but think and plan for my wedding these past few weeks and I'll probably not stop until it is over! Truthfully, I am also still recovering from the royal wedding. Other friends of mine are having weddings. I have dreams about weddings. Enough weddings in my life right now. I'll pick up again with JD.

Doesn't matter anyway because Counting On is in general, as boring as can be. Usually leave it on in the background while I am cleaning. This new episode was more entertaining then normal. Maybe this is the direction the producers are headed in. 

34 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

OMG! Yes! I was surprised she knew the term! 

I had a 6th grade English teacher who was famous for her mythology stories. I think I knew more about Zeus thank Jesus at that time! We all loved her. 

And I was in Catholic school! 

I just finished the episode, I always get so annoyed by how some people do not know how to eat with cutlery. Like Ben.

And Kendra was almost doing a little dance when she was talking about how the Greeks were dancing.

After watching lastnights show,  I wanted to throat punch Kendra, while screaming "You simpering nitwit, do you REALIZE the HUGE GIFT YOU ARE GETTING HERE?" All the while knowing she really didn't appreciate what she was seeing/looking at. This is the 1st Fundymoon that actually made me ANGRY, like ragey, those two simpering twits giggling and awe shuchksing themselves around GREECE, a vacation many save up for decades to be able to take and do all this research and just enjoy ever bit of what they are they for. Here comes Dumb & Dumber  going "ew spinach" "ew olives" "ew foreign words" OMG, the other couples at least seemed to be really impressed with what they were seeing and while scared of the "foreigners" they managed to appreciate a little bit of what they were being given by TLC. But with this two, I think you could have stuck them in the middle of Chicago Illinois and they would have had the same reactions. This is weird, I'm uncomfortable I just want to go home.  

22 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

I just finished the episode, I always get so annoyed by how some people do not know how to eat with cutlery. Like Ben.

And Kendra was almost doing a little dance when she was talking about how the Greeks were dancing.

What was wrong with the way Ben was using cutlery?  I just thought he was maybe left  handed.

2 hours ago, Pete Pickles said:

Here comes an unpopular opinion: I disagree totally with the American emphasis on higher education. Yes, it’s nice to have functioning members of society with basic skills and common sense, but it also makes no sense to have degree-toting housewives, garbage collectors, and other tradesmen. Count me delighted that we aren’t all $60k in debt and trying to make a living doing the more basic jobs necessary for civilization to continue as it is. Good for those who desire college degrees and especially those who obtain them without debt, but if Jessa wasted her time and money going to college, I’d be disappointed. It’s perfectly fine to prefer being a stay-at-home mom and to pursue that instead. Our cities and towns need the average high-school educated workers to fill various jobs, too. I think it’s great that Joe can support his little family selling cars, JD with all of his various skills, and Austin with the house flipping. Even Chad seems to be doing well and seems to find pure joy in his work. I’m also astounded by my former below-average classmates who have gone on to acquire even greater debt (and several extra semesters of coursework...like, beyond the 6 years it should take) to get a masters degree just so they can be competitive in the job market. Meanwhile, it takes 45 minutes to get through the Sonic drivethru in my neighborhood because they can’t keep minimum wage-plus-tips workers. Education is not as important as our society seems to think. My husband earns 6 figures without a degree and I left the work force because my degree and “career” wasn’t even going to cover daycare. I so wish I hadn’t wasted my time and money on college and I absolutely will not push my kids to do that. I’d prefer to encourage whatever they love and whatever it takes to get there. Then again, I’m not hip on Greek mythology, so what do I know anyway? Teeheehee

I would agree with you, and actually argue hard for trade schools and vocational education in my real life, BUT...

Jessa is not JUST a stay at home mom.  As far as we know, she also intends to be an educator.  And teachers really DO need some post-secondary education, especially if they intend to teach the later grades. Even something like Clown College or Abbie's certificate program is helpful because at least they are exposed to outside standards and understand what is needed to educate a person for success in the wider world.

So while I am COMPLETELY on board for your sentiments if the Duggars intended to mainstream school their kids, I strongly disagree when it comes to them educating their own children with the limited education they possess.  If you want to see one of the few older 2nd generation homeschooled fundies who have homeschooled their own kids, look at Jill Rodrigues.  Her grown children write at a 3rd to 5th grade level.  It's bad.  It's really bad.  And they want to homeschool their own children.

That's why it's important for ALL educators to reach a certain educational level, because otherwise the educational erosion that happens as the generations go on gets so bad that you end up with adults that are so poorly educated that their options and ability to function in the world is limited.  

I see education and steady jobs outside the family as a gateway to freedom and growth for these fundie kidults as it is for many young adults . I do not approve of Crown because it is uber fundamentalistic even down to its motto. And the degrees are very "Christ focused" and don't pass standard accreditation markers  in their fields. I think the exception may be their trade school. Schools like Crown are breeding grounds for passing rigid fundamentalism to the next generation. That is their sole purpose. 

I also admire those( eta: people in general) who have trades (without schooling) and make their way without having steady jobs.

Just a reminder that isolation and ignorance is what keeps these kind of beliefs thriving. Organization too. They never allow penetration from the outside world. That is why I get excited if Duggars have careers and/or higher education outside of the family approved sanctions, especially the women.

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived