IGNORED

Counting On Season 5/6/7 Who Knows? It's on Tonight!

Coconut Flan

Looks like they got the memo that they need to catch up on the show to real time. This season is 11 episodes and it looks like we'll get to meet Abbie before the season ends.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thing is Jessa will be the one Homeschooling the basics and she is not exactly the academic intellectual or well read because ,well , Duggars. Ben will participate by teaching  his children  Protestant Reformation  Christianity/history combined (with Fundamentalist doctrines of course) with the King James. 

16 minutes ago, amers said:

The average person doesn't need that knowledge really, it's not like they are ever going to have jobs that would require that, and I know they most likely didn't study

Yes, and they don't really need a functional understanding of the theory of evolution either...or the functional understanding of what a scientific theory actually is...

Their teachers were people who told them facts like the population of the world can fit in Jacksonville Florida because it suited them, and gave them convoluted Wisdom booklets written by Gothard  as their textbooks and took them to museums created by Ken Hammmm....the main goal of their education was to shut down their critical thinking skills...like, for good. 

It's not about getting random trivia questions right. That really is a dick move set up by the producers...(and average people wouldn't always be better no) but  I don't even think they really mind that because it's like you said: they don't really need or value knowledge or education overall, and they are super ok with showing that. Education is not important to them but it is important to them to show how unimportant it is. To them? To everybody? They are out to reach people. 

They do have practical knowledge and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that but they are part of an overall movement that seems really out to devalue education and higher education for society (the world) as a whole.

13 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

That reminds me Jessa's letter about how genuine Ben is about his faith.

Also Ben IS college educated, and if he knows more than Jeremy I hope he homeschools his kids.

I thought Jeremy has a bachelor's degree.  Which makes sense if he's going to divinity school? I dunno.

If there are two of the spouses I feel I know very little about, it's Jeremy and Lauren.

What does Lauren's parents do? They seem to have a decent home. I am also still baffled about her being in college. Need more info on these two.

I find it hard to judge them for their answers to any of these stupid TLC pop quizzes. TLC edits everything to fit whatever narrative they're pushing. It's funny to watch the bumbling Duggars give weird/ignorant answers. For all we know Jeremy listed a whole slew of different characters from Greek mythology and TLC just edited it down to 'Zeus'. And for all we know, they were feeding Ben the answers. I'm not at all saying I think that's what happened, just that I don't trust anything TLC does like that to give me an accurate picture of what actually happened in reality. 

see if i didn't know that they had such horrid beliefs i wouldn't have appreciated the bit about ben cooking for jessa and their little family.

see i have grown in that respect 

:D

Because she dosen't  fit people’s idea of what a college girl is people are baffled and surprised she went ?  

Really? 

and kendra is annoying 

and I love how they don't even mention Jill yet Jessa slightly passively aggressively mentions the trouble from a couple of years ago..and yes whoever said Jessa is the star of this show is right and she knows it. 

I actually really like Kendra. I was surprised at how friendly she was with the stranger in Greece. I like the Lauren that acts real when she interacts with the sisters and not the meek Lauren when she’s with Josiah.

Why is Jessa the narrator? 

5 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Because she dosen't  fit people’s idea of what a college girl is people are baffled and surprised she went ?  

Really? 

? I think people are probably surprised because fundie women (at least/especially the Duggars and their associates) don't tend to go to college. Some of them do, but it's not the norm, especially after marriage.

1 minute ago, tabitha2 said:

Really? 

No. I am trying to figure out what Josiah meant. She comfirmed with his sisters that she just graduated. Age wise, I thought she was speaking high school. How is she already in college? Also was curious to know if she planned to complete school while married or if she graduate early. I am baffled at the discrepancies not her. I don't have any issues with Lauren's fit, whatever that means. Actually, she seems highly intelligent or at least deeply profound, to me.

Just now, TatiFish9 said:

Actually, she seems highly intelligent or at least deeply profound, to me.

I'd absolutely love to hear your reasoning for that!

There was a picture of Josiah and Lauren in front of a Christmas tree so they were courting WAY back in December and didn’t announce until March.

Josiah, when asked his reasons for liking Lauren,“She comes from a family of lots of kids so she knows how to handle all that.” He said other stuff too but that was a sign he expects her pregnant all the time.

Hey ladies...I'm without cable, so I'm going to ask for anyone knows if this will be repeated next week? I really want to see JoKen's honeymoon.

Sorry. I overreacted.It just kinda sounded like some people  had Lauren pegged as  a flakey and quirky and silly  fundy girl and just could not believe she is actually intelligent and educated. 

I loved Kendra in glasses. I thought she looked really good in those frames and I hope she wears them more often.

Also, we're going to get to see Josie recording the national anthem and what's the deal with that this season. It's going to be the bomb! no bombs, bombs, it's bombs Jozie! 

1 hour ago, CaricatureQualities said:

Jeremiah's answer to " do you know any characters (so not only gods...anybody) from greek mythology?"

"Napoleon?"

!!!

And Jeremy...how many thick leather bound books do you have on your fancy book shelf that you claim to study all the time. So you study christian antiquity all the time but can barely name Zeus. Like really. Christianity just sprang up from a total void, there is no context or surrounding world. Of course the world was only around for like 4000 years before the time of Jesus... and every bit of that is detailed in the bible....so why would they really worry about worldly history that much. There can't be that much to know right.

The fact that they don't realize the magnitude of what they don't know really scares me.

As a Christian I was shocked by Jeremy's response (or lack of one). Greek/Roman gods are mentioned in the bible, most notably Aphrodite/Venus in 1 Corinthians. It was the first thing that sprang to mind. Not to mention Diana/Artemis and Hermes. 

4 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I actually really like Kendra. I was surprised at how friendly she was with the stranger in Greece. I like the Lauren that acts real when she interacts with the sisters and not the meek Lauren when she’s with Josiah.

Same for both.

In another life, Kendra would be a pet fundie for me. I am a giggler who laughs at a lot of things.

She seems like fun to be around. Honestly, to watch, she is a breath of fresh air compared to the over seriousness the Duggars tend to display. 

I did find the convo she had with the lady at the crane restaurant hilarious. That woman was so shocked to find Joe was apart of a 19kids family that she asked if the father ran away. Hahahahahah! Could you all imagine the poster boy for covenant marriages leaving JChellie? Never! Those two were meant for each other! Ha. Also TLC  clowned with the music that played during the time Kendra tried to explain what she has been doing prior to marriage and what she will do now that she is married. The woman seemed very confused that Kendra did not have a career. Kendra smoothed it over though . * First I lived with my parents now that I am married, we have been travelling and stuff.* * I'm going to help him with his business* The woman was wuick on that "Oh business man!" Moments like that are invaluable. Kendra felt uncomfortable to say it straight. Makes me think she is not entirely proud of it which provides a little seed to reflect upon later on.  So glad she had that moment. Also glad that woman was bold with her words.

6 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

Same for both.

In another life, Kendra would be a pet fundie for me. I am a giggler who laughs at a lot of things.

She seems like fun to be around. Honestly, to watch, she is a breath of fresh air compared to the over seriousness the Duggars tend to display. 

I did find the convo she had with the lady at the crane restaurant hilarious. That woman was so shocked to find Joe was apart of a 19kids family that she asked if the father ran away. Hahahahahah! Could you all imagine the poster boy for covenant marriages leaving JChellie? Never! Those two were meant for each other! Ha. Also TLC  clowned with the music that played during the time Kendra tried to explain what she has been doing prior to marriage and what she will do now that she is married. The woman seemed very confused that Kendra did not have a career. Kendra smoothed it over though . * First I lived with my parents now that I am married, we have been travelling and stuff.* * I'm going to help him with his business* The woman was wuick on that "Oh business man!" Moments like that are invaluable. Kendra felt uncomfortable to say it straight. Makes me think she is not entirely proud of it which provides a little seed to reflect upon later on.  So glad she had that moment. Also glad that woman was bold with her words.

I completely agree. Kendra seems really fun. It wasn’t funny when the woman said “Is the man (meaning JB) still around or did he run away?” 

11 minutes ago, stardust said:

As a Christian I was shocked by Jeremy's response (or lack of one). Greek/Roman gods are mentioned in the bible, most notably Aphrodite/Venus in 1 Corinthians. It was the first thing that sprang to mind. Not to mention Diana/Artemis and Hermes. 

I think he knows (at least some of) them. He knew Zeus. That's more than everyone else besides Ben and Josiah. He was having a pretend fundie moment, imo. 

16 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Michelle acted like a nut shouting at Josie, “IT’S BOMBS!!!”

Michelle is nutso. Rofl. I didn't see that part on the show but I saw a snippet of Josie recording somewhere else. Michelle is standing in front of her with the Who Framed Roger Rabbit villian look on her face, conducting a choir of one. She is truly out of her mind at times. lol

1 hour ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

I’m watching the honeymoon now.  Had to break out the weed.  (On diet can’t drink!).  Now watching the portrait part......has toke.  And another!  Wtf this is so painful.  Can’t stop watching! Help!

Girl, you're my favorite ever. :obscene-smokingweed:

6 hours ago, Buzzard said:

They discuss how time has flown by, and its busy with the kids.  They thought marriage would be all butterflies and romance and theres been a lot of ups and downs.  There have been hard times but you rely on eachoteher and the lord. 

I just want to face palm so hard at that bit.

I have been married about 5 1/2 years now, and let me tell you, we have been through hell at times (not our relationship though, that's rock solid). Let me show you ups and downs - try dealing with chronic health issues with no health insurance for a whole year the first year you're married; I got my bare foot run over by a tow truck the second year we were married and somehow miraculously it wasn't crushed or broken. I had a nervous breakdown in year 3 and was so overwhelmed with anxiety for months afterwards. My husband has been out of work every single year we've been married, except this year (fingers crossed). Last year, three months after finally getting a job after being out of work for almost a year, my husband wound up in the hospital for 10 days and then was home recovering for almost another month. There is so much more we have been through, but it gets a bit depressing and overwhelming to list every thing that's happened. Needless to say, we are battle hardened married people, and if we made it through the last five years, we sure as hell can make it through anything together! 

Like, these people have no idea what real "ups and downs" in a marriage look like. Marriage isn't smiling stupidly at your husband and pretending everything is great because Jesus. I just want to smack them sometimes, because there's so much more to be being married and truly being someone's partner in life. There have been times when life has sucked so hard and I wondered if I could make it through in the last 5 1/2 years, but I treasure the relationship I have with my husband and how we fit into each other's lives so well. 

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived