IGNORED

Counting On Season 5/6/7 Who Knows? It's on Tonight!

Coconut Flan

TLC's season numbering is so crazy it seems they get lost.  Direct TV, TheTVDB, PTV, etc, are going with season 7 as is my cable guide.  It lines up with TLC calling this episode 14.  

In this first look at Josiah and Lauren's wedding, the bride and groom say their "I do's" and have their first kiss!  Then wind back 6 months earlier to the beginning of their courtship.  Meanwhile, Joe and Kendra go on their honeymoon to Greece. 

120 minutes

Preview clip:

https://www.google.com.co/amp/s/people.com/tv/josiah-duggar-shares-what-attracted-him-lauren-swanson/amp/

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Who wants to take the bullet for the recap tonight?  I cant keep myself awake until 11pm for that crap!

It's already available on TLC if you have access!

1 minute ago, VineHeart137 said:

It's already available on TLC if you have access!

I can definitely post it early.  That will work!

I watched what I assume is the second hour on the TLC app. It started with Josiah asking Lauren to enter a courtship and had footage of Joe and Kendra’s honeymoon. It also offered brief updates on Jinger, Jeremy, Joy, and Austin and covered the Seewalds’ third wedding anniversary.

One thing that stood out to me, about 5 minutes in, was when Josiah was listing the things he admired about Lauren and he mentioned college. I had to go back and listen to it twice to be sure I heard him correctly, but he mentions college and then it flashes to his sisters asking Lauren about recently graduating. Maybe she mentioned something to Josiah about wanting to take a class or two after her high school graduation? 

Lauren said, "He was always available." But was he joyfully available ?

Below is a recap of whats available on TLCgo.  Its more than an hour, so its possible that this is the whole 2 hour waste of time:

“Its all greek to me”

Jessa gives us a summary of everything that’s happened.  People got married, babies… Jana is renovating and gardening.  Josiah is ‘up to something’.  Benessa are watching littles and life isn’t going to slow down.

No mention of Jill

TTH

We open in the boy’s room.  They mention that Josiah is “glued to his phone” and using deodarent.  He’s “all about lauren.”  We’re introduced to Lauren and they are courting.  They got to know then 7-8 years ago as they were “passing through” and they’ve seen them at conferences.  They are “just friends” but courting is a big life decision.

We watch Josiah Get dressed… there are squicky pictures of boob and j’chelle as a very young couple next to the mirror in the boy’s room.  That’s fucked up.

Jana – She’s helped him bloom.

Jessa – They’ve been talking non stop for quite a while now.  They’re ready to make this official and start a courtship.

Josiah – I told my older sisters that he wants to court her.  They’re going to take them out and he is going to ask her to court over dessert.

Swanson home

Jana, Jessa, and Joy get to the house.  They talk about how they just moved… they have a “boatload” of kids and they homeskool.  Jessa finds them acceptable.

They go to marketplace, of course… I wonder if there will be flaming cheese!  Oh look, Ms. Giggly is there too! They cackle about Josiah.

Josiah TH – She has a head on her shoulders, going to college.  She has a focus on others and comes from a family with a lot of kids.

Lauren – We spent a lot of time together during joken’s wedding and he would do anything for me.

The girls cackle that they video chatted for 5 hours.

Jessa – Ben and I had a long conversation that wasn’t chaperoned.

Joy TH – Lauren is level headed and not a drama queen (is this a shot at Marjorie).  She laughs at his jokes.

Jana Th – she’s very organized and can tell it like it is and can enjoy life and laugh at his jokes.

The girls talk her into dessert despite the fact that she is “health conscious” and doesn’t want sugar. They eat dessert and Lauren eats fruit.

Josiah pulls up to the restaurant and prepares to sneak in like a stalker and ask her to court.  This is totally normal to crash a girl’s night… not weird at all…

He sneaks up behind her and says “is there anything else I can get for you ladies?”

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Josiah sneaks up and catches lauren mid bite.  They side hug.  He says “you know you cant go anywhere without letting me has dessert.”  He sits down and says it AGAIN.  No one laughs.

She smiles adoringly at him with a strawberry in her mouth.  He asks her to court in full view of his sisters.  She says she’d love to.

TH – she said she has no clue (like the cameras weren’t a tip off).

Kendra congratulates them and says they are “officially courting, its kind of fun.”

Kendra – enjoy the moment, it’s a fun stage

Jo/Lauren – we may go fast.

Weird split screens time shift to Joken heading to Greece for their honeymoon.  They explain they stayed local for a while and are heading to Greece because they wanted to go somewhere to see history but do fun things and experience the greek culture.  This trip will be different than other international trips because it will only be the 2 of them and not other family.  Kendra has only been to central America.

Joseph explains they were never alone until they were married

Kendra says it was strange but then they got used to it and they enjoy it.

They fly first class in a lie flat.  They kiss across the seats.  20 hours later they arrive in Athens. They check into the hotel grand Bretagne.  They ooh and ahh at the scenery from their balcony.

They head up to Mars Hill, which is wehre Paul preached.  They are upset that the sermon he preached is in greek.  Joe says “its all greek to me.”

Jessa says he’ll say that a ton.  TLC starts a count.  They take a selfie from the hill.

Kendra – chaperones are good to take pictures.  Now we can only do selfies but its special to be alone.

They head to a lunch in the sky, it’s a restaurant on a crane.  Kendra notes that it goes up, and turns.  Kendra explains that the acropolis is a temple to the greek gods.

Producer to J’kids – name a greek god.

That’s a big NOPE.  Jeremy – Zeus

Ben knows quite a few.

Josiah gets Zeus.

That’s really sad… I’m pretty sure I learned that in junior high.

Kendra TH – I talk to people I don’t know if they are willing to talk to me.

Back to lunch.  Kendra babbles to a woman next to her while Joe murders the food.  She explains she’s going to stay home and help Joe sell cars.  He doesn’t like to talk.  Kendra also tells this total stranger that they will have as many kids as the lord allows, and that joe is one of 19, and all the kids are a year apart.  The stranger asks if the dad ran away.

Kendra – its interesting  to see their complete shock.

COMMERICAL

Laredo!

Jinger and Jeremy “on our day off” are going on a date to “do art.”  JInger is nervous because its out of her comfort zone.  The teacher explains how to draw a face, and they are going to use eachother as a model.

Producer asks ben if he ever drew jessa.  He poetically says “no.”  Now it’s a game of all the j’kids drawing eachother in a fun time killing filler section.

Jeremy’s version of jinger looks like children of a lesser god.  JInger’s isn’t awful.

Austin drew joy looking like a frumpy mess.  There are no words to describe the others, no effort was used for any of this.  Somehow we wasted 4 minutes so GOAL ACHIEVED, TLC!

JInger tells him that it was  good drawing of a random person, but not her.

COMMERCIAL

Back in Athens

Joken wander across the street and into a subway.  They’re going on a “food walking tour.” They are confused about where to buy tickets, but its “all greek to me!” They cant figure it out because the machines are in greek (duh). Theres a giant fucking british flag in the bottom but it takes them too long to figure it out, but once he hits it PRAISE JESUS! Its in English!  Sorry, I guess they were looking for an American flag.

They ask for directions. Joe is very proud of himself for responding “si.”  He thinks that if he responds in all the languages he knows they’ll get it.

They get on the train.  Joe films himself with his phone. Kendra says the subway is an “underground bus.”  WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

They arrive and meet the heathen working female that is going to give them their tour.  This hussy is wearing pants.

They start with cheese and spinach pies.  Kendra is afraid of cooked spinach and has texture issues.  Joe likes it. They head to the “vegetarian nightmare” aka the meat market.  Kendra quips that “I’ve never been to a meat market.”  Yes, dear, we know.

She doesn’t like how it smells.  She giggles that you can buy testicles.

They head to the vegetable market.  They have a lot of olives.  She likes Kalamata and they kiss after she eats it so he can taste it.  She giggles.

They are given a shopping list “its all greek to me!”  They’re going to make a greek salad.

Back at a shop they cut up the ingredients.  They joke that Kendra will cook and joe will “help” in the kitchen. 

Kendra likes the tour guide’s accent and is confused that there is no lettuce in the salad.  Joe didn’t know that either.  Salad has lettuce, that’s what makes a salad.

COMMERCIAL

The greek islands

Kendra and Joe are headed to Santorini on a boat.  They didn’t want to fly.  The ferry is part of the experience.  They  drink coffee and talk about how he’s a deep sleeper he also licks his plate but she wont let him do that in public.  She giggles about how much coffee he had.

TH – they need to not lick their plates because we don’t want to teach our kids that. Joe explains that he’s not the only one in the family that does that.  More cackling.  OMG STOP GIGGLING

Joe – Kendra loves sharing food with me.  She’s also extra giggly when she’s tired.

They walk up on the deck.

Jaustin TH – Austin cant snuggle and sleep at the same time.

Joken do a “titanic” stance on the bow of the ship and kiss.  Of course, she giggles.

Jessa TH – ben is meticulous, he irons his t shirts and jeans.

Joe TH – married life is great, it really is.  We’re able to talk and get closer each day.  Its amazing.

They pull into Santorini and get to the resort.  They kiss on the balcony… and puta a “do not disturb” on the door.

Back in Arkansas… Jessa plays with Henry.  Ben still has a year left in school. Spurgeon speaks in sentences.

Ben comes home with ingredients. Its their 3rd anniversary and is going to make dinner while Jessa goes out to get her nails done.  He explains he designed a necklace for their anniversary. Jessa says he’s so thoughtful to “keep” the kids while she goes out.

Ben – it’s a lot of energy to keep up with the kids, especially if I’m preparing a special supper so it will be interesting.

COMMERCIAL

Santorini

They rent a 4x4 to drive around.  She giggles.  Kendra feels better because the “roads aren’t switched.” She doesn’t like the turns and the gas pedal is “jumpy.”  More giggling.  They get to the beach and are going to paddleboard.  Kendra remarks that the sand is black.  Joe has never seen that.  Kendra rubs it on her hands and says its “exfoliating.”  Joe doesn’t know what that means.  He guesses its something about a volcano.

They are taught how to paddleboard… Kendra has leggings  under her skirt.

Joe falls off.  Kendra tries to stand and dunks too.  Its hard to do in the ocean, its easier in a lake. The waves put a “whole new dynamic.”  Lots of shots of them eating it…. They get the hang of it, kind of… and its over. They change clothes and “it was epic.”

COMMERCIAL

The girls are getting pedicures (jana, jessa, and very prego joy).  They talk about how its been 3 years and a whirlwind. Joy is wearing an “Austin” sweatshirt.

Back at the house, henry is crawling in the bookcase as ben cooks.   Ben rolls up his sleeves, henry crawls into the kitchen.  He’s making quinoa, steak, and a salad.  We’re told (again) about the necklace. 

Henry cries and wants a sippy cup.  Ben remarks its hard to cook and watch the baby.  He puts him in the playpen.  Henry isn’t amused and cries.  Ben gets him and says that he’s in a mood.  He puts him in a chair and gives him cheerios.  Ben goes back to cooking… henry falls asleep in the kind of highchair. Ben puts a toy between his head and the chair.

At the nail place, joy shows them how the baby is kicking.  She feels well and doesn’t have cravings, just tired.

Autin TH – its sinking in that I’m going to be a dad (BAD FUNDIE, YOU ARE A DAD PER YOUR BS)

Joy explains that Austin has only changed one diaper, he’s the youngest of 2.

Jessa – its sweet. He’s going to jump right in and figure it out.

Jessa TH – its just a few months ago we were kids and now we’re all adults and starting families.

The girls are done and leave the salon, “gloss.”  We’ve seen the sign 4 times.

COMMERCIAL

Benessa’s house

Spurge wakes up, henry is now in a playpen.  Jessa isn’t surprised that ben pulled it off.  Jessa got red toenails.  Ben tells Jessa its dinner time.

Ben th – jessa has a lot of patience as a mom.

Henry sits at the table and spurge sits on the couch, watching a cartoon, while they eat.

Joken TH – Benessa are an example to us putting their relationship first.  Ben helps jessa a lot, not just mom doing everything.

The steak looks nasty… not at all like steak, more like chicken.  They discuss how time has flown by, and its busy with the kids.  They thought marriage would be all butterflies and romance and theres been a lot of ups and downs.  There have been hard times but you rely on eachoteher and the lord. 

Ben discusses having another kid by 4 years… jessa says “its possible.”

Jessa loves seeing him as a dad.

Ben presents Jessa with a necklace, more like slams the box in front of her.  She opens it and says “aww, babe.”  Its two hearts with 3 pearls (for 3 years). 

In Fira, Greece… Joken see donkeys walk by.  They’re headed back to Arkansas tomorrow but they’re exploring today.  They step out to the water at sunset and remark how beautiful it is.  A “parade” walks by singing.  It’s a theatre group.   Joe jokes that everyone there is somewhat related… The theatre group finds out their on their honeymoon… joe is taken aback when the woman kissed him on the cheek and tried to kiss his other cheek.  They’re given plates to break.

They wander some more and talk about how they’re ready to get back to “normal” life and finishing up the house.

The producer asks if they’re going to have a baby soon, she giggles and says she doesn’t think shes pregnant but they haven’t tested.

The whole drawing thing seems like a rehash of the paint and no sip they did a little while ago.  DerJill painted a picture of JinJer without faces...it was super creepy.  

@Buzzard I found the pictures of young JimBob and Michelle to be so disturbing that I took a screenshot to share with my fellow FJers. B8E10A71-274F-410D-8A14-157B9827CC92.thumb.png.ae8d3bab86c4f45d8385e5d6daadf21e.png

When asked about Greek gods only Jeremy and Josiah could name just Zeus!? (excluding Ben who got a few, yay).  

And Kendra actually said they went to Greece for some "history"? Please. They travel to places that are mentioned in the bible and they are there for the Christian "history" (and not legit Christian history but their idea of history... whatever that is) of the place and that's it. Does it even occur to them that these countries have more history than "Paul was here" and such?  Nope. 

EDUCATION MEANS NOTHING

FUCK LEARNING ANYTHING ABOUT ANYTHING

It's arrogant. They are so grossly arrogant and proud of it. 

It's not that they don't know, it's that they don't want or care to know...because it is beneath them.

1 hour ago, artdecades said:

I want, no need, to see those drawings. Can someone screenshot them?

Here you go:

Jinger & Jeremy holding the other person's portrait of them.

1445381458_Portraits_-_JJ.thumb.PNG.30816e96922d8825f88e5612de2803c7.PNG

Everyone else is holding his/her picture of the other person. They all were rather reluctant and acknowledged that their drawings were terrible

Jessa & Ben (who apparently has some actual art training, but was skeptical about drawing with markers):

Spoiler

546901762_Portraits_-_JB.thumb.PNG.e58cc8e3264fd147e93fafe4f551b76c.PNG

Joy & Austin:

Spoiler

144529755_Portraits_-_JA.thumb.PNG.46b8b0fc3dc1d3eb7620bc0f91107336.PNG

Joe & Kendra:

Spoiler

1250157164_Portraits_-_JK.thumb.PNG.c608e1b30fbb117eb196f8b9fd2029fb.PNG

Josiah & Jason:

Spoiler

764753282_Portraits_-_Josiah__Jason.thumb.PNG.9cf2e5936d88f33b4a6b6dfe130fe47e.PNG

Jed & Jer:

Spoiler

1272069335_Portraits_-_Jed__Jer.thumb.PNG.04118cb20386f6a4f19c1590f555145c.PNG

This was Jana’s face while Jessa and Joy were talking about marriage and “time flying by.” This is inspiring me to develop a “What Do You Meme: Fundies Edition.”

Spoiler

344710B1-A413-4C32-BFF3-ACE733ACF2D3.thumb.png.a64654ccc91914bee4ee44e91833afe1.png

Yup. I called it in another thread. The Greek honeymoon would be filled with Kendra's excessive giggling. At least they're starting with the Siren courtship early instead of dragging that out all season. I just hope we get to see JD and Abbie this season, and not have to wait until whenever the next season will be (late fall? winter?). 

4 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Who wants to take the bullet for the recap tonight?  I cant keep myself awake until 11pm for that crap!

8 hours on a boat from athens to santorni is not fun - i have done it. -2003 by myself on a tour 

contiki

moral of the story - don't use contiki as a tour group. 

1 hour ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

@Buzzard I found the pictures of young JimBob and Michelle to be so disturbing that I took a screenshot to share with my fellow FJers. 

and we appreciate it ! because no one needs to see that twice 

4 minutes ago, nst said:

I will miss your wedding thoughts. !!! 

I can't do it and watch real housewives of Orange county at the same time. 

Just go back and look for her comments from the first time their wedding aired. I forgot about the first hour being a wedding rewind before we get to the honeymoon / rest of it. I'm sure they saved 3-5 minutes of unseen footage to make it worth it.

Just now, CaricatureQualities said:

Just go back and look for her comments from the first time their wedding aired. I forgot about the first hour being a wedding rewind before we get to the honeymoon / rest of it. I'm sure they saved 3-5 minutes of unseen footage to make it worth it.

i read it - all is good 

vickie can scream at kelly 

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Joken do a “titanic” stance on the bow of the ship and kiss.  Of course, she giggles.

I am curious as to how they would know about the Titanic stance.  I can't imagine they have seen the movie---there is a nakey lady in it.  :pearlclutching:

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

They discuss how time has flown by, and its busy with the kids.  They thought marriage would be all butterflies and romance and theres been a lot of ups and downs.  There have been hard times but you rely on eachoteher and the lord. 

This is interesting to me, as well.  I will give them point for admitting it, but I wonder why they would have thought this in the first place.  Maybe the parents never disagreeing in front of the kids (as Jessa posted about recently) sets them up for believing that is what marriage is?

The scary thing is, in 5 years (or less), Kendra will be "educating" children. Poor Garret and his future siblings...

36 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I am curious as to how they would know about the Titanic stance.  I can't imagine they have seen the movie---there is a nakey lady in it.  :pearlclutching:

This is interesting to me, as well.  I will give them point for admitting it, but I wonder why they would have thought this in the first place.  Maybe the parents never disagreeing in front of the kids (as Jessa posted about recently) sets them up for believing that is what marriage is?

Boob and Meechelle don't exactly have a typical marriage, so I can see why Jessa had a warped view of what marriage is.  It's easy for everything to be sunshine and rainbow unicorn farts with your spouse when your kids provide child care for each other, educate each other, and run the household.  Not to mention Meechelle always putting on a happy face, whether she was happy or not.  Jessa had to learn the hard way how typical spouses make things work when she discovered how much work actually raising your own kids is.  

How do you go to Greece and not know any Greek mythology? It’s so fucking unfair. I really hate them sometimes. I hate that they don’t know enough to try to learn something about the countries they visit to make up for the fact that they didn’t learn anything growing up.

I’m giving Ben a point just for coming out of that quiz ahead.

Fruit salads don’t have lettuce. Morons.

Kendra could do okay with practical parenting. Her mom sending her to the hospital was a rational and wise choice that made me somewhat optimistic. Homeschooling though......Nooooooope.

Why are Josiah's jeans so tight? Swear he's showing more curves than any of his sisters and they don't even wear form-fitting clothes

1 minute ago, SpurgysingsHipHop said:

Why are Josiah's jeans so tight? Swear he's showing more curves than any of his sisters and they don't even wear form-fitting clothes

Kelly Bates doesn't have any problems posting pictures of her sons in tight clothing. Pictures come up from time to time on the Bates thread. I guess to Fundies, only females can be defrauding (but not in the real world- men can look really good, too!)

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived