IGNORED

Trump 34: Leading the Alternate Reality

Destiny

58 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Hester Prynne of 1313 mocking bird lane

Hester is living with the Munsters? I bet Lily has encouraged her to trim that A with black lace and wear it proudly!

It looked to me like my poll answers went through, but contributing was an option. I could be wrong.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the latest we can't have nice things cause fuck face compilation 

LeBron James thinks the President is using athletics, and athletes, to split up the country. And he's rejecting the premise like an opponent's ill-advised layup.

"What I've noticed over the past few months," James shared with CNN's Don Lemon during a sit-down interview on Monday. "(Is) he's kinda used sports to kinda divide us, and that's something that I can't relate to."

Referencing Colin Kaepernick, whose kneeling protests during the pre-game national anthem launched an NFL movement, and more recently, Stephen Curry, who honored his promise of skipping a visit to Donald Trump's White House, James bemoaned a myriad of instances in which the President has twisted peaceful displays of dissent into an indictment of a decaying American value system.

"I can't sit back and say nothing," said James, who lists participating in youth athletics as one of the most inclusive experiences of his upbringing.

2 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Trump only hires the best blithering wack jobs. The best 

I actually do think that Giuliani has some kind of dementia going on. Reminds me of Pat Robertson.

Their adult kids need to remove them from the public eye and get them some help.

It was very hard to picture him in that rambling interview as making a coherent argument as a star prosecutor

I think Rudy's doctor needs to adjust his medication. I love The Onion's take:

1 hour ago, apple1 said:

I actually do think that Giuliani has some kind of dementia going on. Reminds me of Pat Robertson.

Their adult kids need to remove them from the public eye and get them some help.

I think this of Trump, too.

Can we just put them all in a fancy old folk's home, call it the "trump white house", and let them play king all they want while the rest of the world goes on about their business? When my grandpa got the point of being unable to drive (though he thought he could still do whatever he wanted), we took away his keys and then pulled the fuses so the car wouldn't start after he conned a neighbor into taking him to get new keys made. I'm beginning to think there needs to be an upper age limit for the president and congress, and the Supreme Court. Sure, some people are sharp as tacks up until the end, but not everyone is, and most people don't recognize their own dementia until it gets scary bad. It would be better to have a larger range of adult ages (along with races, etc) represented in government. These old white guys are all rich enough to be enjoying their golden years, rather than forcing their beliefs on other people. Retire already! 

49 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I'm beginning to think there needs to be an upper age limit for the president and congress, and the Supreme Court. Sure, some people are sharp as tacks up until the end, but not everyone is, and most people don't recognize their own dementia until it gets scary bad. It would be better to have a larger range of adult ages (along with races, etc) represented in government. These old white guys are all rich enough to be enjoying their golden years, rather than forcing their beliefs on other people. Retire already! 

I wouldn't support an upper age limit because it's too arbitrary.  Especially as medicine improves and people live meaningful lives longer the day will probably come where an 80 year old will be like a 50 year old today in terms of health, capacity, and mobility.  The day will probably come where many people live to the century mark, if not a bit longer.

For my elder law class we had to review and explain the statistics, and the 90 to 94 male is one of the fastest growing subgroups in the elder population.  Some of them probably couldn't be trusted to do much of anything but some of them are sharp right up to the end.

My own grandpa who passed five years ago was mentally sharp until the day he died a couple weeks before his 90th birthday.  He was working on the farm up until the age of 87.  On my paternal side my family has tended to live a good long time, and tends to keep sharp up until the end.  There's been a couple exceptions to that but overall Grandpa and his brothers remained healthy well into their 80s.

And there are much younger people who can barely care for themselves.  I have a distant cousin in his mid 50s who can barely take care of himself, and if it weren't for some other relatives taking care of him since his mother died he'd probably be homeless by now.

Meanwhile the orange fornicate and his wealthy sugar daddies are turning on each other

President Donald Trump delivered a rare attack on the billionaire Koch brothers early Tuesday, referring to the GOP megadonors as globalists, a term increasingly used in xenophobic and anti-Semitic contexts.

Leaders of the Koch Network of conservative megadonors criticized Trump during the group’s annual summit over the weekend, calling his White House “divisive.” Charles Koch also suggested in a rare interview that his groups may spend less backing the GOP in the future, and expressed regret over their support of certain candidates in the past.

On Twitter, Trump ripped the brothers for “bad ideas” and bragged: “I made them richer.”

Brian Hooks, a top official at the Koch donor network, over the weekend called the Trump-supported $1.3 trillion spending bill passed by Congress this year “the most fiscally irresponsible budget in the history of our country.” 

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Butter emails!

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

20180731_maggie3.PNG

I am stealing the above for my own twisted usage.  Including tweets. 

And meanwhile fuck head thinks you need an ID for grocery shopping

President Trump on Tuesday made the claim that a photo ID is required to buy groceries as part of his argument for introducing stricter voter ID laws.

“You know if you go out and you want to buy groceries, you need a picture on a card,” he said. “You need ID.”

The president made the comment while speaking at a campaign rally in Florida in support of GOP Rep. Ron DeSantis’ gubernatorial bid. It came as he was pushing for stronger voter ID laws, pointing to other instances where an American would need to show identification.

Social media users were quick to jump on Trump's comment, with many suggesting that he has not purchased his own groceries in many years.

Not for most purchases you don't need an ID.  Fucker probably hasn't bought his own groceries in many years, if ever.

math.jpg

4 hours ago, 47of74 said:

I am stealing the above for my own twisted usage.  Including tweets. 

And meanwhile fuck head thinks you need an ID for grocery shopping

Not for most purchases you don't need an ID.  Fucker probably hasn't bought his own groceries in many years, if ever.

math.jpg

If this had happened during the Obama administration, the televangelists would be screeching away about how this was the prelude to making everyone take the Mark of the Beast in order to buy and sell things. 

Haven't you heard? You need an ID now or the cashier will call ICE to deport you.

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Haven't you heard? You need an ID now or the cashier will call ICE to deport you.

Wait, Vanilla Ice is going to deport me?!?

If I have to face Vanilla Ice at the grocery store, I'm starting my new career as a doom bucket connoisseur. 

On the age subject - it is so individual. My Dad just turned 91 this week, and he is mentally very sharp.

As for a general age limit - please, let's not do anything that might kick Ruth Bader Ginsberg off the court. :-)

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Like Trump has ever gone grocery shopping....

Man not smart. 

Wait what happened to 13 Angry Democrats? 

Is Mueller hiring?

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived