IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace 3: Rapture Pending

Coconut Flan

23 minutes ago, FrozenSmile said:

Nope, later. I got my invite a couple of weeks ago & think i may actually go to this one!

Wow. I didn't expect them to be engaged that long.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, FrozenSmile said:

Nope, later. I got my invite a couple of weeks ago & think i may actually go to this one!

Interesting, my money was on earlier since it seems like they can't wait to be together. 

Is it all the way in January like the registry says? I was very skeptical of that, but who knows, we were surprised with SiRen. 

It sound interesting, but I am reluctant to use a grocery shopping service. I barely trust Mr. SB! I don't want any substitutions selected by someone else, and I am a big label reader. Plus, I like to take advantage of unadvertised specials. I actually use shopping as a form of exercise. It is nice to know this is is an option in the event of illness or inclement weather. I imagine it is a boon for housebound people. I probably would have used it as a new mother had it been available many eons ago, as time was just so precious and I was so tired.

7 hours ago, Cheetah said:

So what's the current guess on when this wedding is going to be?  October 27?  Sooner?  Who is keeping tabs on what else is going on in fundie-land (big weddings/events that would conflict) in the next 2 months?

Since they got engaged in July, my guess is october or november. No way they'll make it to 2019 as virgins unmarried. 

20 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

Interesting, my money was on earlier since it seems like they can't wait to be together. 

Is it all the way in January like the registry says? I was very skeptical of that, but who knows, we were surprised with SiRen. 

No, the wedding is in November, not January.

1 hour ago, FrozenSmile said:

No, the wedding is in November, not January.

Is it in Arkansas or Oklahoma? Or are you at liberty to say?

2 hours ago, FrozenSmile said:

So.... are you going to tell us?   Or wait until Pickles tells and then confirm? ?   

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

So.... are you going to tell us?   Or wait until Pickles tells and then confirm? ?   

I have a feeling that Pickles is waiting to read it here so she can spill it herself. Wedding is November 3, but i’m not going to say time or place. 

Date shows up on Pickles’ page in 3...2...

@FrozenSmile you probably said earlier somewhere, but you're connected with the Duggars?

If the wedding is Nov 3, I'll be on the road for work when it happens. Hope I don't fall too far behind. I wonder if anybody will announce anything else before the wedding. Unless Abbie sources bridesmais from outside the Duggar clan, she may have one of the few Duggar weddings without a pregnant bridesmaid/MOH.

2 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

@FrozenSmile you probably said earlier somewhere, but you're connected with the Duggars?

She said earlier that they're related, although not closely. 

Aw man my guess was going to be the Saturday before Thanksgiving, so they could have a few days to themselves, then spend the holiday with family, then have honeymoon time before Christmas lol. But Nov 3 is a nice day too xD right in their with the other November weddings & on the typical fundie timeline. haha. 

Oooh, same day as the Roberts-Morton wedding. Josie Bates is friends with Campbell Roberts soon-to-be-Morton, so I'm thinking the Bates attendance will be split between the two weddings?

On 9/12/2018 at 12:56 AM, Nodaknorskie said:

I love walmart pickup.  Ours is set so that you pickup 48 hours after you order.  But, you can add things up until 1:45 am the day you pick up.  I always add things which makes for a happy shopping trip.  Now last time I was there they forgot my frozen stuff.  I called they immediately refunded my card AND they gave me a twenty dollar discount for my next order.  I was impressed.

How do you add a note.  Ive never seen that option.

On Kroger it's actually called Special Instructions, and is a link right under the price.  When you click the link, a little text box opens up and you can type whatever you want in it.  I will say, though, that it seems to be somewhat hit or miss as to whether or not they read and/ or follow them.

Capture.JPG

Aw darn, I was hoping it'd be Thanksgiving Friday, or is that Black Friday? And we wouldn't find out until after Christmas. Oh well. If you go, have fun. Dance in your seat, and at the reception during applause.

Oh yeah, this never gets on camera, which I can understand. But, at Canadian weddings, typically there's a rule for people to do something at the reception to make the couple kiss. Ideas I've seen are, sing a song with certain words or theme(started in the 90s with songs with the word "love") , answer trivia questions, kiss your own SO, put money in a jar, and give ideas of some object at the table, for the couple to use. What has been done as such at fundie weddings? Or are they so eager to kiss since they've been waiting that they're more than ok with the glass-clinking?

What is the weather like in NWA in November? 

It seems a bit of an odd choice for a wedding in the Northern hemisphere for this person living in Western Europe, but the Duggars seem to really like this month (3rd couple to get married in November?)  so was wondering if it's still pleasant and warm in the area at that time of the year. 

What is with the Duggar kids and November weddings?  This makes #3.

@SweetJulyWeather in NWA in November is varied, it could be in the 70's or the 40's (or from 21 degrees to 4 degrees).  Like most parts of the Midwest (though they are considered the south I believe) spring and fall weather is insane, you can have the furnace on in the morning and need the AC by the afternoon.  The Duggar's live about 6 hours directly south of me so they don't get as cold we do in the winter, but they can get close with spring and fall temps, their winters are just much much nicer than the upper Midwest. 

Yeah, it can be cold in November, but on the other hand it's not unusual to be able to wear short sleeves well into December. It varies a lot and is hard to predict. Like they say, if you don't like the weather in Arkansas*, wait five minutes.

*I think they say this about every area that has weather at all. :pb_lol:

My birthday is in November. Growing up (in Arkansas), most of my birthdays involved some sort of outside activity, appropriate to ages and weather. I can remember only two parties where we were indoors because of weather. 

My 16th and 18th birthdays were sunny and warm.

I never saw snow on my birthday until I moved to Germany. And I've seen it twice since moving to the Midwest. 

Dang, I was off. I figured it would be quicker than this. 

Pickles, don't forget to credit your source when you steal this. ;) 

On 9/11/2018 at 11:56 PM, Nodaknorskie said:

I love walmart pickup.  Ours is set so that you pickup 48 hours after you order.  But, you can add things up until 1:45 am the day you pick up.  I always add things which makes for a happy shopping trip.  Now last time I was there they forgot my frozen stuff.  I called they immediately refunded my card AND they gave me a twenty dollar discount for my next order.  I was impressed.

How do you add a note.  Ive never seen that option.

Honestly, all of the descriptions of this ordering make my head hurt. I'm thinking that going to the store, seeing that there is no cherry yogurt and grabbing blueberry instead is way less hassle than all the designating substitutions, adding notes, etc...online. How tedious. 

And this from someone who HATES the grocery store. I'd still rather spend 20 minutes doing it myself than all that tedious time online. 

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

My birthday is in November. Growing up (in Arkansas), most of my birthdays involved some sort of outside activity, appropriate to ages and weather. I can remember only two parties where we were indoors because of weather. 

My 16th and 18th birthdays were sunny and warm.

I never saw snow on my birthday until I moved to Germany. And I've seen it twice since moving to the Midwest. 

My son was born Thanksgiving Day, so he has a late Nov birthday, we're in Iowa and it can be freezing or it can be warmish.  We had one of his birthday parties in our garage (more wide open space and less to break than in our small house with 10, 5 year old boys)  and the kids ran around with light jackets on in was in the mid 50's that day so we didn't need the space heaters we borrowed from dh's work.  But we can have snow at Halloween a few years ago it got up to almost 80 on Halloween.  Thanks global warming.

At least Spurgey won't have to spend his actual birthday at a wedding this time round. The Duggars really do seem to like that first week of November!

10 hours ago, SweetJuly said:

What is the weather like in NWA in November? 

It seems a bit of an odd choice for a wedding in the Northern hemisphere for this person living in Western Europe, but the Duggars seem to really like this month (3rd couple to get married in November?)  so was wondering if it's still pleasant and warm in the area at that time of the year. 

Why are earth would they be getting married in Arkansas? The bride is from Oklahoma.

8 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Why are earth would they be getting married in Arkansas? The bride is from Oklahoma.

And we know what the weather is like there. Wind sweeping down the plains right?

I’ll show myself out

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived