IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace 3: Rapture Pending

Coconut Flan

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

People always say 'they're horny!' like that's the one and only thing that could drive these lightning speed courtships. While I'm 100% sure horniness is a factor for most of them, I think there are a ton of other factors beyond that. Wanting to get out of the house, wanting to be considered an adult by their community, wanting a partner in life, wanting to have children, wanting to lock down a relationship before anyone has second thoughts, wanting to appear super holy (because short courtships/engagements prove that it was all ordained by God, ya'll!), getting swept up in the romantic side of things, being pressured by family, having short relationships leading to marriage as the norm amongst the people they're closest to...

I agree. Just being horny--they're not like the rest of us. They know they CANNOT do anything until marriage. They've been brought up to fear doing something about it before marriage. As bad as it is for Jana with all the "old maid" talk in their circles, JD would be getting talked about too if he really was now able to support a wife etc and hadn't taken one.  He would have more leeway than the young women because he has to become able to provide, but that's why they start working at about 13 with the family business or stupid things like Joshy making money off the talking Billy Bass things. They are to save that for a home. John has a home. It provided income while he learned to fly, tried police work, learned other skills and saved money to prepare for marriage. Maybe he's building a house for him and Abbie? Maybe he will buy one and re-do it, or maybe they'll live in his house, but he had to prepare. But marriage is a very serious business. They just approach it more like societies with arranged marriage--if he/she is ok, you go forward. Mr. Perfect doesn't exist. Love comes AFTER marriage.

That is funny but wow, that would have traumatized me at one point! I was terrified of the rapture as a kid (and even later, really) and of any signs that I might have been left behind. I'd panic just from not being able to find my family right away, so I can't imagine what it would have done to me to actually see bodies fly up into the air! I've found out since through speaking with other people who were raised with the same beliefs how incredibly common those fears are.

On a different note, it looks like those blow up dolls have clothes on. Everyone knows we leave our clothes behind and fly to Heaven naked! :pb_lol:

(In case anyone is unfamiliar with the idea of the rapture, Christians who believe in it really do believe that you get raptured out of your clothes.)

Every single time I see this thread title, all I can think is in the AOL Voice "Rapture pending...Rapture Pending..." Followed by this page

404-error-page-not-found.jpg

28 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

On a different note, it looks like those blow up dolls have clothes on. Everyone knows we leave our clothes behind and fly to Heaven naked! :pb_lol:

(In case anyone is unfamiliar with the idea of the rapture, Christians who believe in it really do believe that you get raptured out of your clothes.)

Naked people getting sucked into heaven? NIKE!

The blow up dolls and helium would be the perfect prank for JD's wedding. I hope there are pranks at his wedding, considering how many times he has pranked other people's weddings.

Not sure Abbie would agree it being her wedding as well. Besides she looks like she could cut a bitch if you get in her bad side.

2 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

What? After all that time yelling "Nike" and wearing modest clothing to end up being naked?  The whole concept just sounds creepy to me.

If I'm going to be raptured I want sparkles like in the movie "Ghost" or glitter or rainbows and unicorns.

(I had no idea one got raptured naked. They didn't explain that in the Left Behind book.)

2 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

That is funny but wow, that would have traumatized me at one point! I was terrified of the rapture as a kid (and even later, really) and of any signs that I might have been left behind. I'd panic just from not being able to find my family right away, so I can't imagine what it would have done to me to actually see bodies fly up into the air! I've found out since through speaking with other people who were raised with the same beliefs how incredibly common those fears are.

Now I know why some fundies have that "be in shape for Jesus" thing going on!

1 hour ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Naked people getting sucked into heaven? NIKE!

Not even angel clothes?  What if someone has an impure thought about the body ascending next to them - do they have to turn around and go to hell instead?

lol, there are so many rapture theories out there. I had to take a class on the biblical book of Revelations in college and its so confusing. there are so many theories regarding it.  And I swear no two scholars think the same thing about the rapture, if they believe in it at all.  However they do agree that the Left behind series was not the best depiction and entirely freaked out many a generation of individuals! I read like the first three chapters of the kids version of the books when I was in middle school. I was freaked out for days, and although I dont necessarily agree that that's the way end times and all that jazz will be, I still get scared if I dont know where my friends and family are if they were supposed to be somewhere else. haha

Presumably If the Rapture occurs the last thing in anyone’s mind will be nakedness and I have have always thought in Heaven we won’t have any sex or gender or any earthly hang ups .

2 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

(I had no idea one got raptured naked. They didn't explain that in the Left Behind book.)

Couldn't have been paying too much attention, that was the first clue it was the the Rapture. The flight attendant went to tell the pilot people had disappeared from the plane, but their clothes were left in the seats. He went home and found his wife's nightgown and wedding ring on the bed and realized what was what.:laughing-rollingyellow:

those books were my gateway to fundies.

12 hours ago, HereticHick said:

So many future thread title possibilities:

JD and Abbie: Cleared for Takeoff

JD and Abbie: Weather Delays

JD and Abbie: Up Up and Away

JD and Abbie: Flight Canceled  [lets hope not]

JD and Abbie: Mechanical Difficulties

JD and Abbie: Long Layover

JD and Abbie: Short Connection

Disappointed at your failure to include a reference to the mile high club. 

Just now, artdecades said:

Disappointed at your failure to include a reference to the mile high club. 

They would certainly be closer to the Lord in such case.

Oh, the rapture. Traumatized from childhood. It was a full on obsession for me. I had to know where my family was at all times. I was terrified of being left behind. 

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

No sex in heaven?! Then how is it heaven?! Will there be no wine and Doritos as well?!?!?

Ha ha, that was my first thought too.  Heaven, to me, would be to have my 30 year old body and sex drive, but no risk of STDs, pregnancy, or guilt, plus of course appealing partners to choose from.  Then great music, gorgeous scenery, and the ability to fly.  

I'm glad to see that there are other people on here with the same wicked sense of humor I have. When the whole big thing was going on about the Rapture happening in December of 2012, I wanted to get a whole bunch of clothes and just leave them in piles along with shoes outside of Walmart just to freak the Walmart shoppers out that the Rapture happened and they had missed it! I'm not snarking on Walmart, just thinking about a place that tends to have a lot of shoppers. Hobby Lobby would have been another fun place to try this.

The ‘apocalypse’ in 2012 was so much fun. My favourite post of that day, and I have no idea what the source was now unfortunately but I’m pretty sure it was on Twitter: “IT HAS BEGUN. Reports indicate HALF the earth currently shrouded in DARKNESS.”

It amazes me how many apocalypses I’ve lived through in my mere 30 years of existence!

10 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

I think someone on here found out that John proposed in TX because they found a hotel (?) that had the same sign that John used that said “will you marry me”

If this is true, I wonder if it was at the Fredericksburg place, The Hangar Hotel? I've never been there but it is supposed to be a hotel, diner and supposedly an airport too. JD does look happier than I have ever seen him.

OK I went to look at the website for the Hangar Hotel and the marquee is the same one that is in their pictures. They probably mass market the marquee so who knows but it does match the one in Fredericksburg  and the town is great, many antiques, a brewery, lots of live music and maybe as many sa 30 wineries in the area. We go at least once a year. Gotta stock up on our wine don'tcha know.

14 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Not sure Abbie would agree it being her wedding as well. Besides she looks like she could cut a bitch if you get in her bad side.

dtdiVN0.jpg?1&key=c6cf730d60d6f984b1c427

11 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I'm glad to see that there are other people on here with the same wicked sense of humor I have. When the whole big thing was going on about the Rapture happening in December of 2012, I wanted to get a whole bunch of clothes and just leave them in piles along with shoes outside of Walmart just to freak the Walmart shoppers out that the Rapture happened and they had missed it! I'm not snarking on Walmart, just thinking about a place that tends to have a lot of shoppers. Hobby Lobby would have been another fun place to try this.

My BFF and I pulled the Rapture prank on another friend back in 2012. BFF and I shared a house and the other friend had been dropped off drunk and was spending the night. While drunk friend was upstairs changing, we stripped, laid our clothing out just as we’d been sitting and hid in the coat closet. Drunk friend’s horrified and confused reaction hilarious. We still laugh about it and it’s definitely counted as one of the best pranks within my friend group.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived