IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace 3: Rapture Pending

Coconut Flan

Have we found many indications on how fundie the rest of the Burnett family is? I know they are ATI, the parents were have-as-many-kids-as-the-lord-allows (at least, if not race-to-have-as-many-as-possible like J'chelle), they are gun-loving southerners, and that while some kids have real jobs and wear pants their beliefs likely suck. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Couldn't have been paying too much attention, that was the first clue it was the the Rapture. The flight attendant went to tell the pilot people had disappeared from the plane, but their clothes were left in the seats. He went home and found his wife's nightgown and wedding ring on the bed and realized what was what.:laughing-rollingyellow:

those books were my gateway to fundies.

Clearly not, LOL! Come to think about it, not sure if I even made it through that book.

Maybe I thought they at least got to wear underwear? Or were given white robes and wings? (I still want glitter or sparkles and unicorns. If it's the rapture isn't it supposed to be special?)

37 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Have we found many indications on how fundie the rest of the Burnett family is? I know they are ATI, the parents were have-as-many-kids-as-the-lord-allows (at least, if not race-to-have-as-many-as-possible like J'chelle), they are gun-loving southerners, and that while some kids have real jobs and wear pants their beliefs likely suck. 

They are pretty darn fundie. I feel like they are Wissman family fundie. They have f*n, wear pants, and don’t seem to go to abortion clinic protests, but they are still fundie. They just don’t do a lot of the things that get on my fucking last nerve like some of the other fundies.

15 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I'm glad to see that there are other people on here with the same wicked sense of humor I have. When the whole big thing was going on about the Rapture happening in December of 2012, I wanted to get a whole bunch of clothes and just leave them in piles along with shoes outside of Walmart just to freak the Walmart shoppers out that the Rapture happened and they had missed it! I'm not snarking on Walmart, just thinking about a place that tends to have a lot of shoppers. Hobby Lobby would have been another fun place to try this.

You're my new hero. Seriously. 

16 hours ago, Greendoor said:

They would certainly be closer to the Lord in such case.

As a result of joining the Mile High Club, Jabbie will be blessed with triplets.

I'm happy for JD and hope that he sets a good example for the younger Duggar men and boys that has been so woefully lacking from Boob and Fuckface

1 hour ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

I'm happy for JD and hope that he sets a good example for the younger Duggar men and boys that has been so woefully lacking from Boob and Fuckface

He's already set a good example with being a decent human being and a diligent worker, and his relationship with Abbie continues to do so. He admitted to taking it upon himself to be a role model for his family once Josh was raked over the coals. Though I do find it strange that none of the kids seem to consider Boob to be their (male) role model. Not that I would ever consider him one, gods no. But if the kids preach on social media how great their parents are, then why is JD their new default?

I also want to note that I've seen videos of Joe and Kendra together, including the night Garrett was born. Is it just me, or is Joe the best Duggar husband so far? If JD hasn't set a good example already, Joe sure as hell has.

2012 was by far the worst year of my life, with one god awful crises after another - apparently the silver lining is that I either forgot - or was completely unaware of - an impending rapture. 

The latter half of 2012 was the worst part of my life too. I think I was in the hospital on the day the world was supposed to end.

2012 was the end of the Mayan calendar, though. The rapture predictions from Harold Camping that got a lot of media attention were in 2011.

On 7/27/2018 at 7:17 PM, FleeJanaFree said:

Couldn't have been paying too much attention, that was the first clue it was the the Rapture. The flight attendant went to tell the pilot people had disappeared from the plane, but their clothes were left in the seats. He went home and found his wife's nightgown and wedding ring on the bed and realized what was what.:laughing-rollingyellow:

those books were my gateway to fundies.

Oh Jesus. When I was going to strict Christian school in elementary, my carpool would listen to those audiobooks and it was so haunting as 7 year old I really thought it would happen soon!!!! Thank God my parents outgrew the super hardcore Christian stage a couple years later

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who was traumatized by the whole Rapture storyline!! (I mean... Not glad yall went thru that, too, but glad I'm not quite the freak I thought I was!) 

As a little kid, I thought Jesus was a kidnapper.  (I was about 4-5, and living near Atlanta when the Wayne Williams murders started.  So stranger danger was a HUGE thing.)  But, then our Pentecostal preacher would start jumping up and down, hollering about how "JEEEE-SUS is gonna swoop down outta that Eastern sky, and scoop little Robert and little Anna up, and carry them HOOOOO-ME!!!! And won't that be a GLOOOOR-IOUS day!?" 

Uh, no.  Little Anna wants nothing to do with this. She is happy as is, thankyouverymuch! 

I was constantly looking over my shoulder for this mysterious man who was gonna take me away from my family.  :doh:

36 minutes ago, GutenbergGirl said:

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who was traumatized by the whole Rapture storyline!! (I mean... Not glad yall went thru that, too, but glad I'm not quite the freak I thought I was!) 

As a little kid, I thought Jesus was a kidnapper.  (I was about 4-5, and living near Atlanta when the Wayne Williams murders started.  So stranger danger was a HUGE thing.)  But, then our Pentecostal preacher would start jumping up and down, hollering about how "JEEEE-SUS is gonna swoop down outta that Eastern sky, and scoop little Robert and little Anna up, and carry them HOOOOO-ME!!!! And won't that be a GLOOOOR-IOUS day!?" 

Uh, no.  Little Anna wants nothing to do with this. She is happy as is, thankyouverymuch! 

I was constantly looking over my shoulder for this mysterious man who was gonna take me away from my family.  :doh:

LOL the sad thing is I was sooo innocent and really thought God would strike me down with lightning if I used his name in vain... glad those days of living in fear were short. My school one day had this big meeting with everyone and made us stand up and swear that we would never ever read Harry Potter because it was witchcraft/wizardry. My parents pulled us out the next week and we started at a nonreligious school lolol 

Confession...I did not what the rapture was until I was about 35.  Never heard of it in my Catholic school or, as an adult, my unchurched social circle. I unwittingly found a copy of "Left Behind" on a plane. And thus began my fundie obsession.

1 hour ago, GutenbergGirl said:

I haven't heard of it.  Is it good? 

It is! I was 12/13 when that was happening, so it was a thing even where I lived. The podcast is interesting in that it tells a lot about the story that I don't recall, and presents many facts that make it plausible that Wayne Williams was not the Atlanta child killer. And facts that make it plausible that he was. 

5 hours ago, agentshade said:

Is it just me, or is Joe the best Duggar husband so far? If JD hasn't set a good example already, Joe sure as hell has.

Yes I thought Joe was fantastic with Kendra, so gentle and supportive

6 hours ago, agentshade said:

He's already set a good example with being a decent human being and a diligent worker, and his relationship with Abbie continues to do so. He admitted to taking it upon himself to be a role model for his family once Josh was raked over the coals. Though I do find it strange that none of the kids seem to consider Boob to be their (male) role model. Not that I would ever consider him one, gods no. But if the kids preach on social media how great their parents are, then why is JD their new default?

I also want to note that I've seen videos of Joe and Kendra together, including the night Garrett was born. Is it just me, or is Joe the best Duggar husband so far? If JD hasn't set a good example already, Joe sure as hell has.

Same with Bates. Zach and Chad are the example for the young kids, not Gil. It Bates case, I find it great that kids are looking up to hard workers who respect their wifes and not copying and lazy grifter. But when talking about Duggars, I can't understand why kids need their older brothers to be an example. I mean, JB has business and has been a politician. His beliefs are horrible for me, but he may be considered succesful in fundieland. The fact that he is not an example for his sons is an evidence that Duggar parents are not parents, just babymakers. I wonder if the middle/young kids just ignore them.  

Man, I think Jill and the other Duggar girls must be feeling at least at a little cheated out of their opportunities when they see Abbie. A pilot and a nurse? Talk about a fundie power couple even if she stopped going to work to have children, but she can always go back to work.

Does this mean Abbie has a college or even a Master's degree? I don't know about nursing in the U.S., sorry.

I didn't know what the hell the Rapture was until I stumbled on the RaptureReady forums and the Left Behind movies (which are hilarious) when I was in high school and starting to get fascinated by Christian fundamentalism. 

At my college, the day the Rapture was "supposed" to happen, some pranksters left clothes strewn on the sidewalks, and I think someone tried to fill a blowup sex doll with helium to see if it would float. My friends and I joked that we were going to sin/be Jewish as much as possible so we'd get to keep everyone else's stuff. 

On 7/27/2018 at 6:17 PM, Dandruff said:

I think JD comes across as a much nicer, more responsible guy than Josh - especially following the publicity of Josh's "behaviors" 

Absolutely! Although 'better than Josh' is a really, really, really low bar... 

Abbie and JD seem nice and a good match for each other, but unfortunately they are stuck in a misogynistic cult. Time will tell, but I'll try not to keep my hopes up too much ;)

5 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

The fact that he is not an example for his sons is an evidence that Duggar parents are not parents, just babymakers. I wonder if the middle/young kids just ignore them.  

Fact?? When has it ever been said that JB is not an example for his sons in their circles?  Naturally they would want any older brothers to set a good example for the younger set but it doesn't mean that they think the father has failed somehow. 

7 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

RaptureReady forums

They have an amazing description for one of their forums:

RxrtS9s.jpg?1

I also like checking the rapture index. We're at 180 right now; the all-time high was 189.

On 7/27/2018 at 11:18 PM, sansan said:

If this is true, I wonder if it was at the Fredericksburg place, The Hangar Hotel? I've never been there but it is supposed to be a hotel, diner and supposedly an airport too. JD does look happier than I have ever seen him.

OK I went to look at the website for the Hangar Hotel and the marquee is the same one that is in their pictures. 

Good call, @sansan - and @taxi21 confirmed it in the last thread (p. 24).

9 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Same with Bates. Zach and Chad are the example for the young kids, not Gil. It Bates case, I find it great that kids are looking up to hard workers who respect their wifes and not copying and lazy grifter. But when talking about Duggars, I can't understand why kids need their older brothers to be an example. I mean, JB has business and has been a politician. His beliefs are horrible for me, but he may be considered succesful in fundieland. The fact that he is not an example for his sons is an evidence that Duggar parents are not parents, just babymakers. I wonder if the middle/young kids just ignore them.  

It doesn't seem like the younger kids have any substantial relationship with their parents. Which (unfortunately) makes sense since they were raised by their older sisters, and the older kids hog the spotlight with their courtships/weddings/babies. I once read an article about Jordyn-Grace, and in every picture of her that Jichelle was in, she looked disgusted. They also mentioned a time when Jichelle tried to touch her (on her birthday), she literally retracted. Like, just what do you have to do (or not do) to your kid to make them that uncomfortable around you?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived