IGNORED

JinJer and Felicity 42: American Girl (grand)Duggar

Georgiana

Good for Jinger being sensible! That's the last two births have been sensible. Kendra and Jinger; now everyone else can follow! 

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

Good for Jinger being sensible! That's the last two births have been sensible. Kendra and Jinger; now everyone else can follow! 

I don't know if others will follow, this was their personal choice.  I'll be delighted if Joy or Jill decided to not try a home birth next.  But I don't think Kendra and Jinger's experiences will be the reason.

24 minutes ago, victoriasponge said:

She's a braver girl than me having the in-laws in there while she gave birth. At any rate, she seemed pleasantly surprised with it once active labour actually got underway and I'm impressed she had an epidural with minimal references to it not being a fully natural birth or whatever they normally go on about.

Did common sense finally hit the Duggar family?

Looked to me like she also transferred out of the birth centre into a full hospital which is... surprising actually.

Apparently the midwife went in the car with them, since in the footage of them driving to the hospital the captions say that Alisa (the midwife the meet with prior to the induction) is one of the people talking. She's the one who confirms they know where they're going.

22 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Braver girl than me, she had Mechelle there! Can you imagine giving birth with that woman harping on about your sweet blessing in that high pitched baby voice in your ear while you’re pushing a watermelon out of your nether regions?

Maybe that’s why she slept through as long as possible? 

1 minute ago, finnlassie said:

Waiting for the day when the husband will be present at birth. I mean, have they ever in the Duggarverse?

Ben was for both, Derick I think was there for Israel's c-section, Joe was, Josh slept through part of Anna's labour with Michael but he did appear, I think he was there for MacKynzie and Marcus as well. I'm not sure about Austin as I haven't watched it. 

6 minutes ago, finnlassie said:

Waiting for the day when the husband will be present at birth. I mean, have they ever in the Duggarverse?

All of them have been present for the births to the best of my knowledge. Even Josh was present when Michael was born (despite taking a nap toward the end of Anna's labour). 

3 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Ben was for both, Derick I think was there for Israel's c-section, Joe was, Josh slept through part of Anna's labour with Michael but he did appear, I think he was there for MacKynzie and Marcus as well. I'm not sure about Austin as I haven't watched it. 

Austin was there. He had the surgical cap on over his baseball hat, haha.

4A5D318300000578-0-image-a-71_1521532710028.jpg

4 minutes ago, finnlassie said:

Not sure what you mean, I think they all have been.  

Welp, I've been corrected! Thanks!

Have all of the births been filmed, btw? I don't have tv so I can't even follow out to date seasons.

2 minutes ago, finnlassie said:

Welp, I've been corrected! Thanks!

Have all of the births been filmed, btw? I don't have tv so I can't even follow out to date seasons.

They've all been filmed except Anna's last two (Meredith and Mason, which occurred after the scandal(s)) and Jill's second (Sam).

Gotta say Michelle looked really good. And Jinger looks great with the lighter hair- I wonder if that’s her natural color ? Also loved her hospital / labor / birthing gown. Also, for a newborn, I think Felicity has been the cutest Duggar so far ( but she resembles my family newborns, so there’s that ) 

- aside from all those very shallow and subjective observations -

The mid-wife also mentioned the usual more common natural advice  to try to get labor moving and the baby engaged - walking, squats ( probably also sex and nipple stimulation - but they were discreet  enough not to mention it ) .

They seemed to Want more privacy than in many Duggar births. They didn’t show her when she was in lots of pain or having active contractions. No pushing faces, etc... 

Here's hoping that her positive experience might encourage the others to follow suit...

I wonder if they have all female crew to film the births. Or are they just hiding everything so well with fabrics and things?

On 8/5/2018 at 2:20 PM, albireo said:

Re: baby hair: https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-birmingham-45044503/the-baby-hair-that-shocked-a-midwife

I was a fat, dark-haired baby (they called me Jabba!) who promptly became, and stayed, scrawny and blonde once I left the baby stage. Sister had red hair, also promptly turned blonde. I wonder what genes determine what baby hair looks like?

The two least inherited things are hair colour (literally millons of shades) and intelligence. 

Just now, Greendoor said:

The two least inherited things are hair colour (literally millons of shades) and intelligence. 

Could you elaborate on what you mean? Hair colour is most definitely inherited, and so is intelligence to some degree...

Yep, hair color is definitely inherited. Look at families like this one!

Spoiler

0dd6b2a737f8caf903ae2f9c33687a71.jpg

The inheritance is more complicated than the simple Punnett squares you learn to do in high school biology, though, so maybe that's where the confusion comes from?

Is anyone else kind of annoyed Jessa brought her entire family to "surprise" Jinger in the delivery room? I've never given birth, but I really don't think I'd want a suprise visitor who brings her own babies only a few hours after labor. 

12 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

Is anyone else kind of annoyed Jessa brought her entire family to "suprise" Jinger in the delivery room? I've never given birth, but I really don't think I'd want a suprise visitor who brings her own babies only a few hours after labor. 

Where I’m from, you can’t take toddlers to delivery/hospital rooms because of the germs they carry. My nephew met my baby niece (his sister) when they took her home.

I basically didn't inherit anyone's hair as I'm the only fair blonde in my family, brunettes, dark blondes (we call it dirt road grey over here) and gingers for quite a bit in the family line. But genetics decided to match genes in a way that I got the hair I have. Though, I do have a ginger hue that comes out during the summer, but it's extremely mild. It's probably also the reason that whenever I've dyed my hair with anything remotely red, my hair's sucked it in like nothing else... was supposed to have orange hair but got wine red... :roll: and when I did "strawberry blonde", I got proper carrot ginger hair (like my mum has)!

1 minute ago, VBOY9977 said:

Where I’m from, you can’t take toddlers to delivery rooms because of the germs they carry. My nephew met my baby niece when they took her home.

It depends on the hospital.  When I had Baby, Sporty (age 3) was allowed to see us during visiting hours.  Siblings were the only children allowed, tho.

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Eh, I'm not sure why she was induced...she wasn't even at 41 weeks yet.  Yes, a family history of large babies bears watching, but a competent doc/midwife could tell about how big the baby was.  And her measurements didn't suggest ginormous baby either...I wasn't surprised her baby was 8'3" (same weight as my DD1, actually).  

Would her stature play any role in deciding to induce? She's always struck me as one of the more petite of the sisters. 

So a bit of background on SA birth center. I toured there when expecting hoping we'd move back before birth (I miscarried), they're very big on establishing the relationship with the MD medical team and expect you to not miss any of your monitoring appointments/ bloodwork/ scans as needed. They're also very small and encouraged activity during labor (something mostly unavailable at San Antonio hospitals despite being advertised - once they put an IV in you, you're in the bed). I really liked everything about it and the attention they took in just listening to my mom yammer on about her births in detail.

Solid choice on their part. 

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Eh, I'm not sure why she was induced...she wasn't even at 41 weeks yet.  Yes, a family history of large babies bears watching, but a competent doc/midwife could tell about how big the baby was.  And her measurements didn't suggest ginormous baby either...I wasn't surprised her baby was 8'3" (same weight as my DD1, actually).  

My current OB says she will consider an induction anytime after 39 weeks depending on circumstance. You don’t have to wait till baby is ‘late’ to induce if you have a reason. And many times the doctor’s best guess at how big a baby will be is wrong (by as much as 3 lbs in either direction!) 

With my son, based on palpating, my OB at the time said if I went to 40 weeks I could have an 8lb baby. I delivered an 8lb 15oz baby at 39 weeks instead, having opted to have them sweep my membranes. Another 2 weeks and he would have been Duggar sized! 

2 minutes ago, AnnEggBlandHer? said:

My current OB says she will consider an induction anytime after 39 weeks depending on circumstance. You don’t have to wait till baby is ‘late’ to induce if you have a reason. And many times the doctor’s best guess at how big a baby will be is wrong (by as much as 3 lbs in either direction!) 

With my son, based on palpating, my OB at the time said if I went to 40 weeks I could have an 8lb baby. I delivered an 8lb 15oz baby at 39 weeks instead, having opted to have them sweep my membranes. Another 2 weeks and he would have been Duggar sized! 

Sure, if there's a reason to induce, doing so makes sense..I was scheduled for an induction prior to 41 weeks, but that was because my blood pressure was higher than it should have been (baby had other plans and arrived on her own).  But my OB also told me she wouldn't induce simply because I was overdue, because that tended to lead to unnecessary interventions.  My kiddo was over 8lbs at full term and she wasn't concerned about her size.  I am also short-statured like Jinger.  

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived