IGNORED

Lori Alexander 52: Looking for Debt-free Virgins Without Tatoos

14 hours ago, ladyicantxplain said:

Where, again, does Lori "invite all to study it (bible) for themselves and not just take her word for it"?

Last I read, she was endorsing women needing their father or husband to "explain" the bible to them, poor, weak-minded females that they are...

You're right: she says both. In the infamous post about debt free virgins without tattoos, she wrote that fathers and husbands must explain the Bible to womenfolk, which is laughable. How about seeking counsel from a minister, for one, if you are confused about a passage and want a more informed explanation? It's another anti-education bias showing there on top of the original woman-hating bunk. BUT other places, she often, sometimes daily, writes that her readers should be like the Bereans. She writes that one all the time; however, her responses in no way suggest that she is comfortable or interested when women seek their Bibles themselves and find evidence to contradict what she preaches. And I'm sorry -- she is preaching.

You're also right that Ken is her Ike to Lori's Tina. When I read he wanted her to participate in an recorded debate with a women who's egalitarian, it was clear he masterminds a lot of this viral stuff. I wonder if she knows Ladies Against Feminism have publicly shunned her. I think that one will be hard. Fo sho, Ken gets something out of this and he's a total coward. I honestly think she's very rattled by the recent vitriol. I don't admire her, but Ken is a horrible husband. And father. How awful to make their kids' lives so public and embarrassing. 

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

Here!  

23098427574309.jpg

@Ken And you may not understand how Capitalization in the Middle of Sentences Works (or rather doesn't) but that's okay. God still Loves You.

Actually, many people here at FJ, on blogs outside your faction's sphere of influence, and on social media have indeed provided thoughtful, biblical responses to your wife's blog post (which I heard went viral, by the way). They've commented on the improper use of Mosaic law to justify not getting tattoos and the uneven application of verses about "shame-facedness" to tattoos but not your wife's glittery jewelry. They've questioned the reason your wife seems to ignore verses about women not drawing attention to themselves when she has clearly gone to great lengths to boost her posts. They've suggested that the continual advice for women to stay away from college is a non-sequitur when the original point was for women to be debt free, as there are ways for people to manage their education without going into debt. And most importantly, many commenters see a very clear discrepancy between your wife's actions and apparent goals with her post and the repeated admonition of Paul in the New Testament to avoid causing strife amongst believers.

I'm not sure why your wife is unaware of this fact. She keeps stating how "hateful" the comments on her social media are, yet the biblical responses to her post keep getting deleted along with everything else. I guess what one commenter on her social media a few days ago was very true of Lori: "The truth seems like hate to those who hate the truth." That explains a lot about her behavior in the aftermath of the post. 

Look, your wife is clearly very busy reading her Bible all day long. So maybe she's just missed the points I mentioned above. Maybe you should come out to play in her absence. We here on FJ would love to read your insights. 

16 hours ago, SuperNova said:

"Lori believes there is abundant grace for all who screw up their lives and bodies..."

Lori would know.  She's spent most of her life mistreating her family/church family/neighbors.

Tell us, Lori- does that "abundant grace" cover rich snots who "screw up their lives" by:

-Treating their spouse/children/parents/sisters/extended family/and neighbors like shit?  What about wanting them to serve you, and being a "taker"?  

-Spousal abuse? (Lori hitting Ken)?

-Sabotaging your birth control, in order to trick your husband into letting you quit your job?

-Child abuse?  (Lori hitting her kids with her leather strap)?

-Shaming your children about food (to the extent that at least 2/4 struggle with body image issues/admit to near eating disorders)?

-Gossiping about your church family on your blog?  Gossiping about your family on your blog?  Gossiping about your "friends" and their children on your blog?

-Being a giant hypocrite?

Just asking, because those are all things LORI has done, so it seems kind of funny to me that she's talking about other people screwing their lives up.  I guess she would know it if she saw it, because she has a hell of a lot of experience.

15 hours ago, FullOfGravy said:

Here's a dilemma: my nail beds are currently dark purple from dealing with this year's mulberry and wild blackberry hauls.  Painting my nails makes my hands look a little less filthy until the stains are gone.  So because I've been frugal by picking free fruit, and played domestic goddess by preserving it for the winter, I have to either show off my stained nails, or wear ebil polish.  Dear Lori, what would you God advise in this situation?

I mean, I'm a well-educated, unmarried woman who lives on her own, has a job, and is planning on getting a tattoo sometime soon, so I'm hell-bound anyway, but, you know, just as an academic exercise.

I think something this important is clearly a situation where you should seek guidance from your headship, although since you are unmarried it's tough.  Do you have a father or brother who can offer godly instruction on your personal grooming?

This popped up on FB today and for some strange incomprehensible reason, I thought of Lori  - 

I was shocked, confused, bewildered 
As I entered Heaven's door, 
Not by the beauty of it all, 
Nor the lights or its decor.

But it was the folks in Heaven 
Who made me sputter and gasp-- 
The Garden Club Gossips, the thieves
The liars and the trash.

There stood the kid from seventh grade 
Who swiped my lunch money twice. 
Next to him was my old neighbor 
Who never said anything nice.

Bob, who I always thought 
Was rotting away in hell, 
Was sitting pretty on cloud nine, 
Looking incredibly well.

I nudged Jesus, 'What's the deal? 
I would love to hear Your take. 
How'd all these sinners get up here? 
God must've made a mistake.

'And why is everyone so quiet, 
So somber - give me a clue.' 
'Hush, child,' He said,
'they're all in shock. 
No one thought they'd be seeing you.'

JUDGE NOT!!

Romans 12:3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you.

17 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

I really hate being on Zsu's side on anything.'  Except breastfeeding babies whenever and wherever they happen to get hungry, I'm OK with agreeing with her about that one. 

I actually (against my best intentions) watched her whole video review of Pearl's To Train Up a Child. She was actually spot on and surprisingly funny/snarky and made really good points.  I don't really follow her too much so I'm not that familiar with her.   I guess I put it in the category of "even a broken clock is right twice a day). 

52 minutes ago, Frumper said:

I think something this important is clearly a situation where you should seek guidance from your headship, although since you are unmarried it's tough.  Do you have a father or brother who can offer godly instruction on your personal grooming?

Oh man, I can just imagine that phone call.  "Hey, Dad, I know you left Catholicism to become a very vocal atheist, and I know that you're utterly ignorant of anything found in the cosmetics aisle, but I need you to tell me what God wants me to do about my fingernails, because my poor little ladybrain isn't smart enough to figure it out for myself."

1 hour ago, Frumper said:

Since our parents aren't no more and I'm an unmarried non-virgin with debts, but without tattoos, I asked my brother about beeing my good christian headship. After describing to him what this entails, he totally dismissed the idea of me beeing a sahs. He also refused to tell how I should get my hair done, if or if not dyeing it or if I should paint my toenails in this fantastic metallic green or the glittely purple. He also refused to check if my outfit is modest enough and is totally ok with me skipping cooking today because of the heat here despite beeing my day of. What should I do now, the other male in our household is the dog and he only looks with these cute puppy eyes at me. Damn, I'm damned

Young women desperately need to be taught to....be kind and loving.

Apparently, certain older women need to be taught.  Specifically, Lori.

Is there anyone who would describe her as kind or loving?  She is the most vicious/spoiled/mean spirited woman I've ever encountered (on or off the internet).

(Women) are willing sexual partners.

She says this like it's a bad thing. Would it be better for women to be UNwilling partners? That's called RAPE, Lori. 

As far as women being dainty, delicate creatures, c'mon, Lori. Women have diverse personalities, interests, passions and desires for our lives. Some of us are dainty, sure, but many more of us are not. I've NEVER wanted a man to "protect and provide" for me, as you say. I wanted a partner, a friend. 

Mr. Polecat and I probably wouldn't have gotten married had I been one of those dainty, delicate creatures. He has the kind of jobs (regular and volunteer) that can take him away for long periods and sometimes with no notice (in the middle of meals, sometimes). Having a wife who had to call him every time a kid burped or an ant showed its face would have taken him from his responsibilities (AND annoyed him). I'm perfectly capable of handling just about any disaster on my own, from the main drain backing up to a large limb from a tree on our property falling on our neighbor's house and taking down their gutter and fence (yep, that happened), without freaking out about where my hand lotion is or calling a son because I'm skurred. Nope, I've got this so that HE can do what HE needs to do.

Maybe you need to learn a bit more about what a HELP MEET actually is.

Dumb ass.

And imo, Ken is hideously envious, too. He knows he screwed up in his choice of wife, and he wants to make everyone else as miserable as he and Lori are. Won't work, Ken. You two thoroughly deserve one another. 

51 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

Since our parents aren't no more and I'm an unmarried non-virgin with debts, but without tattoos, I asked my brother about beeing my good christian headship. After describing to him what this entails, he totally dismissed the idea of me beeing a sahs. He also refused to tell how I should get my hair done, if or if not dyeing it or if I should paint my toenails in this fantastic metallic green or the glittely purple. He also refused to check if my outfit is modest enough and is totally ok with me skipping cooking today because of the heat here despite beeing my day of. What should I do now, the other male in our household is the dog and he only looks with these cute puppy eyes at me. Damn, I'm damned

Maybe you can win him with silence. Just go around being all submissive-like, and maybe he'll turn your God's way! 

1 hour ago, klein_roeschen said:

If you don't have a brother or husband (or if they aren't willing to step up to their duties), I wonder if anyone with a penis will do? Can you ask the man stocking shelves at Target to explain a passage of Scripture to you? Can you ask your dry-cleaning guy how to reconcile two conflicting passages?

6 minutes ago, Hisey said:

If you don't have a brother or husband (or if they aren't willing to step up to their duties), I wonder if anyone with a penis will do? Can you ask the man stocking shelves at Target to explain a passage of Scripture to you? Can you ask your dry-cleaning guy how to reconcile two conflicting passages?

The kindly married neighbour is out of the picture, he is an evil catholic, he would be explain it wrong and his wife is working. Also wife and daughter wear evil leggings and shorts. Maybe my boss can do it. I don't know anything about his personal beliefs, but he is really strikt about the dresscode at work. Only white trousers, green corporate polo and closed shoes. Maybe I should ask my coworker, she is in a relationship with him, about his personal beliefs and if he is open to teaching us scripture.

2 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

The kindly married neighbour is out of the picture, he is an evil catholic, he would be explain it wrong...

But according to Lori men know these things better than women because penis, and a woman is not allowed to decide that her husband is wrong, so by extension should we assume that even an 'evil catholic' man is a better source for Biblical information than reading it ourselves?  Do women even have the right to make that judgment, that the neighbor man would explain it wrong?  Inquiring minds want to know!  

Here's an idea---if you don't have a suitable headship in your life, why not take your questions to Ken? I'm sure he'd be happy to help!

18 minutes ago, Emilycharlotte said:

Here's an idea---if you don't have a suitable headship in your life, why not take your questions to Ken? I'm sure he'd be happy to help!

Yes, but talking to Ken brings with it the very real risk of him mailing M&Ms to your home.

And nobody wants that.

26 minutes ago, polecat said:

Yes, but talking to Ken brings with it the very real risk of him mailing M&Ms to your home.

And nobody wants that.

It's obviously time to invest in acquiring some "commentaries of yore". . . 

You know, there was something about Lori's post that really bothered me.  Mostly, because of her (and her followers') talk about young marriage.  I married young...I actually married as a teen.  BUT, I was an adult.

This makes it appear like they are skating around MUCH younger marriage.  

31760275_LoriAlexander.thumb.PNG.15386adbd39b2bec56c05eb4110751ca.PNG

One of her reader's replied:

1680777249_LoriAlexander1.PNG.1401c66f559fe03618fba92cba8965dd.PNG

I am sorry, but that is NOT normal in any way.  In fact, it's extremely troubling.  

Lori?  Well, naturally Lori liked the comment.  

My God in heaven, what the fuck is wrong with these people.

5 minutes ago, Koala said:

You know, there was something about Lori's post that really bothered me.  Mostly, because of her (and her followers') talk about young marriage.  I married young...I actually married as a teen.  BUT, I was an adult.

That would fit with Lori's philosophy of marriage.  If an educated woman is (in Lori's eyes) less attractive as a marriage partner, and uneducated is preferred, then a younger uneducated woman would be even better.  Her husband can raise her the way he wants, without that pesky retraining thing. He can go straight to making her his own personal Stepford Wife.  

Even 13 is young to think about marriage. My kid is almost 14 & she wants nothing to do with boys her age. She’s said, “have you looked at the boys my age? I don’t want to choke on Axe body spray!”

of course she may be a lesbian but since she has not come out yet, I’m not pushing it. We’ll talk if and when she decides she wants to....

That whole post sounds like it was written by creepo extraordinaire Trey.

29 minutes ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

Even 13 is young to think about marriage. My kid is almost 14 & she wants nothing to do with boys her age. She’s said, “have you looked at the boys my age? I don’t want to choke on Axe body spray!”

of course she may be a lesbian but since she has not come out yet, I’m not pushing it. We’ll talk if and when she decides she wants to....

I wholeheartedly agree with your daughter about the Axe spray. Every guy I've known has that vile stuff in his bathroom.

Your're a good mom for letting her choose when to come out! A lot of people wait until they are in their first serious relationship, no matter how close they are to theirs parents. Guess that's still society's effect on us all, not viewing gay relationships as 'normal'. So you wait until your first relationship to be sure you're actually gay and only attracted to women.

2 hours ago, Koala said:

I could be dreaming it, but I seem to recall one of her old blog posts about 16 being the ideal age for having a baby. 

2 hours ago, Koala said:

31760275_LoriAlexander.thumb.PNG.15386adbd39b2bec56c05eb4110751ca.PNG

One of her reader's replied:

1680777249_LoriAlexander1.PNG.1401c66f559fe03618fba92cba8965dd.PNG

I am sorry, but that is NOT normal in any way.  In fact, it's extremely troubling.  

Lori?  Well, naturally Lori liked the comment.  

My God in heaven, what the fuck is wrong with these people.

The commenter apparently had some issues when she was younger.  Looks like instead of having a good counselor help her know what happened wasn't her fault, she took on the classic self blame bs that their kind push.  

This reminds me of what Phil Robertson said around the time he got thrown off Duck Dynasty:

“You got to marry these girls when they are 15 or 16. They’ll pick your ducks,” ....  “You wait until they get to be 20 years old, the only picking that’s going to take place is your pocket,” he says.

@Chocolatedefrauded

My mother asked me when I was in my early 20s if I was a lesbian because had not expressed what she thought was the appropriate level of interest in males.  (But the reality was that my best friend in jr high got pregnant at age 13 and that = me choosing not to have sex/date because I had plans for college/etc. and figured marriage could come later).  It wasn't even the whole "late bloomer" thing.  It was that I had a plan for my life that I was happy with and did not want to mess up.

I was stunned/appalled that my mother would interpret my ambition as equating with sexuality.  But her paradigm was pretty black/white at the time.

I don't know you and your daughter's situation, but I think you are extremely wise to wait and let her bring up things according to her readiness.  It's a real evidence of loving without condition, imho.  What a great example of compassionate parenting!  

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived