IGNORED

Movies and TV

nomoxian

What are your favourite TV shows or movies with an atheist or agnostic theme, or where a faith group is shown in an anti-theist way?

Mine has got to be Moral Orel. I like the moments on Young Sheldon that bring up religion too. I watched Impastor for a while, but it started to get not so funny to me, so I stopped.

For movies, I find it hard to find good ones that aren't documentaries, but I like Life of Brian and Orgasmo.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure if it really fits the category, but I enjoy watching The Atheist Experience on Youtube. It was really helpful for me when I finally decided I was done with Christianity.

• Upvote 3

I think it would be classified as a "vlog"

Have you checked out The Friendly Atheist or Paulogia? Both of those guys are interesting for me to watch as a lifelong questioner of faith, but they are equally as accessible to newtime questioners or current believers.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, nomoxian said:

I think it would be classified as a "vlog"

Have you checked out The Friendly Atheist or Paulogia? Both of those guys are interesting for me to watch as a lifelong questioner of faith, but they are equally as accessible to newtime questioners or current believers.

I've heard of The Friendly Atheist but I can't recall if I've actually watched(?) anything from them. Never heard of Paulogia. Will definitely check them out! :) 

• 1 month later...

I love the Thinking Atheist with Seth Andrews on You Tube. He was raised fundagelical and had been in Christian radio in his early career. He has a velvet voice. Neil Carter of Godless in Dixie has a great blog. Born and raised fundie Baptist in Mississippi. Became an atheist at close to 40. 

• Upvote 1

• Recent Status Updates

• mango_fandango

mango_fandango

It’s always so freaking annoying when you’re supposed to have a phone call at a certain time and it never comes…
      · 0 replies
    • Cartmann99

Cartmann99

Can we please do fall now?

· 0 replies
    • meep

meep

I HATE MICROECONOMICS. That is all. 
      · 5 replies
    • PinkGreyBrown

PinkGreyBrown

LOL, I read the Bible an awful lot for someone who's a hard-materialist atheist. But, then, I was raised culturally Christian, & US culture is so deeply steeped in Christianity, it's difficult to escape it.
      I like the Bible websites, tending to like the gateway one better than the hub one, for usability reasons. I really like that they have all the versions, all the different books, & all the commentaries. I did buy a Bible, in college lol, a big fat scholastic bible with all the books & a ton of footnotes. I started an atrocity project with it long ago & it's full of post-its.
      I've definitely developed a preference in versions, liking the NIV best so far, it's marvelously clear & the least disappointing when I dig into the depths. The KJVs are muddled & difficult to understand. Recently I've gotten to thinking that's why all these my-own-private-patriarchal-cult & grifters & et al like the KJVs so much, cuz they're a more obscure version that requires more 'explaining', is more open to interpretation. In addition to the obvious historical reasons why, like feeling all connected to the Pilgrim eras, & sounding all Shakespearean.
      I mostly end up reading the Bible as a fact-checking exercise, wondering what the verses & chapters say, the verses that people will have in their bios or social media postings. Tho' I do a fair amount of wondering why people think a thing that ostensibly has Biblical roots, digging around that.
      Fwiw.
      · 1 reply
    • louisa05

louisa05

Second grade defeated me today. Worst class ever. 
      · 2 replies
    • PinkGreyBrown

PinkGreyBrown

This first-name-prevalance tool is one of my favorite websites ever. Sadly US-specific but nonetheless fascinating for nerds like me.
      · 1 reply
    • feministxtian

feministxtian

I hate English class. That is all.
      · 2 replies
    • 47of74

47of74

Did whatever I had change my personality at all?  Maybe a good thing if it makes my asshole tolerance even lower than before.
      · 0 replies
    • 47of74

47of74

Hey LinkedIn, do yourself a favor and learn how to read the fucking room already. 
      · 0 replies
    • Smash!

Smash!

Just started with Couch 2 5k. How I missed running!
      · 3 replies
  • Recent Blog Entries

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.