IGNORED

Jill and Derwood 62: Law School Rumors and Boring Sam

Coconut Flan

If Jill is anything like her mother poor Sam will pushed aside and forgotten just like Izzy when the next baby comes along 

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

If Jill is anything like her mother poor Sam will pushed aside and forgotten just like Izzy when the next baby comes along 

But if it's true that her quiver is going to be severely limited, Jill is totally robbing herself of these moments. She's not going to have the full Kid Farm experience; there won't be another 18 3-year-olds to enjoy down the line. She needs to start acting like a a parent of a small family, which is what she is at least for now if not forever.

11 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

I mean, we all have lazy crap recipes (I'd consider meat+bouillon cubes+unwashed/unchopped potato and carrot in that category).  My mom makes a delicious but horrific casserole based on Kraft Dinner and condensed soup.  But my mom doesn't post this shit as a "teachable moment" on social media.  

Jill once again comes across as social media illiterate.   Though I was pleasantly surprised that she spelled "bouillon" correctly.  

Well, Jill beat me at spelling bouillon correctly! Lol

8 hours ago, AprilQuilt said:

I don't understand why they don't involve him! They just brush him aside when they could be saying, 'wow, Izzy, did you ever see Sam do that before?! he's walking on his own! Let's see if he can do it again!'

I think it's because they're bad parents...it's their video and they're going to do it their way, which apparently doesn't allow for interruptions by the needs/wishes of small children.

9 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I think it's because they're bad parents...it's their video and they're going to do it their way, which apparently doesn't allow for interruptions by the needs/wishes of small children.

they are weirdly un-intuitive with him.

I must say that (as far as we see, and I've a hunch it's not entirely due to Jill's stellar editing skills), Israel is really good at asking for attention nicely and constructively. He gets the equipment - ball, book, etc - and says just what he wants to do; he even asks for a 'turn' - he knows the rules about about sharing and waiting, and he tries to call them in fairly in his favour. He's not one of those kids who are disruptive/naughty for attention; if he was throwing a fit I'd understand that they were ignoring him and getting on with Sam. But he's being completely pleasant, and they don't seem to recognise or reward that. I do think he bores them and they don't understand him, but I think a lot of that is about them never really trying to get on his level, or even knowing that they need to.

19 minutes ago, AprilQuilt said:

they are weirdly un-intuitive with him.

I must say that (as far as we see, and I've a hunch it's not entirely due to Jill's stellar editing skills), Israel is really good at asking for attention nicely and constructively. He gets the equipment - ball, book, etc - and says just what he wants to do; he even asks for a 'turn' - he knows the rules about about sharing and waiting, and he tries to call them in fairly in his favour. He's not one of those kids who are disruptive/naughty for attention; if he was throwing a fit I'd understand that they were ignoring him and getting on with Sam. But he's being completely pleasant, and they don't seem to recognise or reward that. I do think he bores them and they don't understand him, but I think a lot of that is about them never really trying to get on his level, or even knowing that they need to.

Of course he bores them hes not a cute little baby I mean just look at how Derick snaps at him "You already know how to walk." 

I'll never forget the reason Jill got for getting pregnant with number 2 was so Israel would learn to share because wasn't that little baby just getting too spoiled. 

in other news Jill stayed home from church and is pushing their online service again 

why are they stuck on the ‘Papa’ thing?  I sounds so weird coming out of Jill’s mouth.  Poor Izzy, I want to play with him and do whatever he wants all day.

Free Izzy!

I don't understand why she opens her eyes so wide like that.  Or how.  If I did that I think it'd make me look crazy.

JFC, can they ignore Israel any more than they do already? He is such a sweet boy and so excited for his brother to be walking, and they are just irritated with his awesomeness.  

Fucking Mr. Jill -- "this is how I taught Israel to walk."Yeah, I'm sure the kid wouldn't have learned without Derick's stellar advice. :pb_rollseyes:

The Dillards are always the worst at everything, but I really wish their poor kids didn't have to suffer as a result of their stupidity. 

Why not involve Izzy, and have him sit down and have Sam walk between them? Why not have story time with Izzy and let Sam come and go as he pleases? No, Papas read to their kids before bed, and the kids WILL sit still and listen, because he's #best papa ever. 

Poor kids. Way to stifle their excitement and enthusiasm, because wooden spoon discipline rules.

Anyone else watch some of the wedding videos? My favorite is where she pans over to Anna and the M's, but rather than mention their names (as she'd done with everyone else), she pauses, then mentions the candy and other sweets in the center of the tables. Smooth, Jill... Also noteworthy was Derick jumping in with the word "reception" as Jill pauses to describe where they are.  Real model of patience, that Mr. Jill. 

ETA: Ew. They played that shoe game again at the reception. I find playing with shoes in that manner a special kind of disgusting.

19 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I should add to my pot roast story:  I do add lots of garlic, some salt, pepper, chives, random herbs, worcestershire sauce, water, and beef or chicken bouillon cubes.

I started using some soy sauce instead of Worcestershire.   Makes it pop in a whole nother way.  Now, I alternate depending on what taste I want.

I didn't really want to watch the video but I had to see for myself what you all were describing. The barely concealed annoyance on OfJill's face when his own son politely and enthusiastically asks to help has to be seen to be believed. The kid just wants to help! He wants to be involved! Give him a job to do! Instead, they just shove him away and tell him he's being too distracting. Poor kid. 

I cannot even imagine being so dismissive and annoyed with any kid who's so clearly eager to be helpful, let alone my own kid. What is wrong with these two? Ignoring him when he's very correctly asking to be involved seems likely to make him act out in the future. He's doing everything right and still getting literally pushed away, so what's the point? But then again, they probably don't think he's doing anything right. They'd probably prefer him to sit silently off to the side until they summon him. Heartbreaking. 

8 minutes ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

I didn't really want to watch the video but I had to see for myself what you all were describing. The barely concealed annoyance on OfJill's face when his own son politely and enthusiastically asks to help has to be seen to be believed. The kid just wants to help! He wants to be involved! Give him a job to do! Instead, they just shove him away and tell him he's being too distracting. Poor kid. 

I cannot even imagine being so dismissive and annoyed with any kid who's so clearly eager to be helpful, let alone my own kid. What is wrong with these two? Ignoring him when he's very correctly asking to be involved seems likely to make him act out in the future. He's doing everything right and still getting literally pushed away, so what's the point? But then again, they probably don't think he's doing anything right. They'd probably prefer him to sit silently off to the side until they summon him. Heartbreaking. 

it made me want to cry for that poor little boy. I  have a feeling from watching the beginning of the Video that Derick had promised to play with him after Sam walked but then Derick was too busy showing how awesome he was that he got sam to walk. (Eye Roll) that he couldn't give a shit what he may have promised Izzy. 

16 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

You can buy small Yukon gold and red potatoes or just buy fingerlings. I know both Harps and Walmart in Fayetteville sell them. I doubt at that size they're cooked through. The carrots look gross. 

Exactly. Cooking the potatoes all the way through would involve over cooking everything else.

14 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

SUPER COOL BABY HACK!!!!111!!!!: use bungee cords to strap your baby's carseat to the roof of the car! Now you have more seat space for your godly quiver and don't need to upgrade to a car with more seats until run out of carseat space on the roof!!!1!!! What a GREAT way to live debt-free and save money!!!!!!!

DON’T GIVE THEM ANY IDEAS!!! I can seriously see JRod doing this. She already puts them in cages, why not the roof??? Or at the very least she’d suspend her kids from the ceiling inside the RV with bungee cords. 

56 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

I started using some soy sauce instead of Worcestershire.   Makes it pop in a whole nother way.  Now, I alternate depending on what taste I want.

Never will I ever learn how to pronounce that word  

2 minutes ago, beepy13 said:

https://www.dillardfamily.com/2018/07/a-peek-into-israels-homeschool-curriculum/

In case anyone wants to see their new video (omg YAY!) about homeschooling. I didn't want to give them links...or listen to the video...

Someone could go to their YouTube channel directly and watch it there and summarize. I might, but I kinda don’t wanna :pb_lol:

3 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

I don't understand why she opens her eyes so wide like that.  Or how.  If I did that I think it'd make me look crazy.

Maybe she's trying to look caring and sincere vs., say, a manipulative twit. 

13 minutes ago, beepy13 said:

https://www.dillardfamily.com/2018/07/a-peek-into-israels-homeschool-curriculum/

In case anyone wants to see their new video (omg YAY!) about homeschooling. I didn't want to give them links...or listen to the video...

okay watching it. 

here is what she says she uses 

Sing, spell, read and write.  (She mentions that Michelle used it)

she mentions something called Math u see which she says Anna uses. 

Izzy seemed excited and Jill actually seemed normal in this video. over all not a horrible video 

there is also a full recap on KUWF Tumblr page if someone want to look 

Hi everyone! First post! I’ve been lurking since before Tooloween. I registered for an account this year and then didn’t realize it was working, thought I had to get admin approval or something. 

Anyway, Jill’s homeschool materials are good. Izzy’s just too young for them unless he’s gifted. SSRW is more of a 4-5-year-old program, and Math-U-See is designed to start in K. It starts out really easy, learning numbers and shapes, but moves into addition and subtraction by the end, and most 3-year-olds aren’t ready for that. 

@Abstract is correct. All her curriculum choices are great of kindergarten. I know Jill is super excited to home school, but it would be more appropriate to have him play, draw, color in workbooks, etc. He could be gifted, we don't know though. I just hope he is having fun and not pressured to read or "do school."

Also on the subject of YouTube. If they wanted to be monetized, they would need to allow commenting. It actually would help them, even the negative comments, because it shows interaction with the channel, which is what YouTube wants. 

Back on the food issue. The Duggars are from the south, why are they never seen to be eating southern food? My grandparents were from Arkansas and Tennessee. Their southern food (soul food as we called it) was always flavorful and delicious. My grandmother would never have served us anything on a Duggar menu. Where are the greens, cornbread, fried and smothered chicken, various pies, smothered cabbage, Mac and cheese not out of a box, black eyed peas and sweet potatoes/yams? They don’t seem to cook anything from the south. 

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived