Jump to content
IGNORED

Jill and Derwood 62: Law School Rumors and Boring Sam


Coconut Flan

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Tenyari said:

Jill's Twitter bio could also read as if Jesus was married to Derrick *shivers*.

That's exactly what I read at first! "Jesus is Lord and married to Derrick Dillard"... I'm sure Jesus could do much better, though ;)

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 20
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@acheronbeach, there is no "Pre-med" major per se.  If you are wanting to go to medical school, you can major in anything you want.  You might have a pre-med advisor who will advise you about taking the science courses you'll need.  Many pre-meds do major in biology or chemistry because you're required to take some of the same courses in the major that  a pre-med needs. 

While this is 100% true, everyone I know who was a "pre-med" major (myself included) always said their major was pre-med. The inevitable question "what focus?" followed, to be answered with "biology" or "chemistry" or "zoology." LOL

I guess it would be easier to say "biology/pre-med" or (in my case "zoology/pre-med"). :)

 

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

Anyway, I don't think most people would be as familiar with the ridiculous TWU saga as I am, only because I do a lot of Constitutional litigation.  I think most lawyers were pretty happy with the decision TWU - and I say that even as a Tory who has a lot of Tory colleagues.  It really highlights the gulf between American and Canadian constitutional law, eh?  

As a Canadian, I'm very happy with the decision! TWU probably eventually wants to influence the judiciary. However, I want my judiciary to uphold the Charter of Rights and Freedoms and the Canadian Human Rights Act, both of which protect the rights of gay and lesbians (among other groups.) I'm not sure that TWU lawyers-turned-judges will uphold those rights.

  • Upvote 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Their obsession with Pistol Pete is kind of sad. I get he's sentimental because both he and his dad were the mascot but it just reeks of him trying to continue to live out the "best time of his life"

 

And all he kept talkin' abooooooouuuuuut...was glory days *epic synth riff*

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I get his emotional attachment to Pistol Pete because both him and his dad were him but Derick seems to want his sons to follow in their footsteps and become Pistol Pete too, if they decide they want to go to that college and be pistol Pete then that is good but they both need to be allowed to follow their own path. I just hope they are not denied an education that gives them an opportunity to go to college if they choose.

  • Upvote 16
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

And all he kept talkin' abooooooouuuuuut...was glory days *epic synth riff*

They'll pass you by, glory days, in a wink of Jim Bob's eye...

  • Haha 11
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Izzy and pistol Pete

 

At first I was like, “Why are they holding up an L? For loser?” Then I realized they were making a pistol with their fingers. I know lots of parents who wouldn’t let their kid do that.

Also that maks is freaky as fuck

  • Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Also that maks is freaky as fuck

Would wearing it during sex be grounds for divorce in a covenant marriage? 

  • Rufus Bless 10
  • Haha 19
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Glasgowghirl said:

just hope they are not denied an education that gives them an opportunity to go to college if they choose.

He's entitled enough that he'll let his kids have Jill's sub par education and then expect them to be handed Pistol Pete because he was the mascot at one point. 

  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 18
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I never really had a routine as a baby, my mum was a bit anti them. AFAIK I didn’t have a problem with starting school. But then my mum was a stay at home mum so it’s not like she had to get up for work and put me in daycare. Obviously once I was in school I had a sort of routine but I don’t really remember it. 

I’m not a parent yet either. I can imagine having some kind of routine for my kids, but nothing too strict/Maxwellian.

The thing is, some babies need routine more than others and you won't know until you have yours.  Some kids you can put them to bed at 7pm or 8pm or 10pm and they'll sleep as long as they need to and adjust what time they wake up in the morning.  Other kids will be up at 5:30am regardless of what time they went to bed, and those parents learn to get really really strict about protecting the early bedtime because they know that they are in for a world of crabby tomorrow if baby isn't in bed by 7pm every single night.  

Same thing with adaptability of naps.... some babies will nap anywhere when they are tired.  Some babies will fall asleep only if it's dark and quiet and their diaper has just been changed 5 minutes ago and they've just nursed to sleep and the angels are singing and God forbid the neighbor's gardener doesn't start up the damn leaf blower.  

 

  • Upvote 37
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Israel will never be Pistol Pete if they don't let him at least go a Christian school. There's no way with Jill's version of teaching that he will be make it to university. I would hope that they would want the best for their son...but then I remember who we are talking about and that between them, they don't have the common sense that was given to little birds. 

  • Upvote 18
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Israel will never be Pistol Pete if they don't let him at least go a Christian school. There's no way with Jill's version of teaching that he will be make it to university. I would hope that they would want the best for their son...but then I remember who we are talking about and that between them, they don't have the common sense that was given to little birds. 

Israel is five months younger than my granddaughter.  He's already behind the three year olds at her pre-school.  They need to send him to the program at their local church so he can get socialization and begin to catch up with the maturity and attention span of the other kids his age.  He could use the time away from his parents and around more normal adults.  It's hard for me to see how they are already stunting his development.

  • Upvote 20
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Israel is five months younger than my granddaughter.  He's already behind the three year olds at her pre-school.  They need to send him to the program at their local church so he can get socialization and begin to catch up with the maturity and attention span of the other kids his age.  He could use the time away from his parents and around more normal adults.  It's hard for me to see how they are already stunting his development.

But lo ho ho, you see, interacting with other non-approved children away from his parents might expose Izzy to such Dangerous Ideas such as LGBT people not being degenerate demons, or brown people having feelings and agency, or that making friends with someone just because you want to convert them to your particular brand of Christianity is shitty, or...le gasp...evolution. Or EVILution, should I say? 

And then, what's worse, his parents might not be able to control him for the rest of his life!!

  • Upvote 15
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

The thing is, some babies need routine more than others and you won't know until you have yours.  Some kids you can put them to bed at 7pm or 8pm or 10pm and they'll sleep as long as they need to and adjust what time they wake up in the morning.  Other kids will be up at 5:30am regardless of what time they went to bed, and those parents learn to get really really strict about protecting the early bedtime because they know that they are in for a world of crabby tomorrow if baby isn't in bed by 7pm every single night.  

Same thing with adaptability of naps.... some babies will nap anywhere when they are tired.  Some babies will fall asleep only if it's dark and quiet and their diaper has just been changed 5 minutes ago and they've just nursed to sleep and the angels are singing and God forbid the neighbor's gardener doesn't start up the damn leaf blower.  

 

Yep! My daughter usually never has an issue napping or falling asleep... BUT she needs her crib*, her musical hippo, her fan, and she needs to be in a sleep sack. If she doesn’t have those things then she won’t sleep. We gave up on trying to have her nap at my in-law’s house recently because she started screaming and crying every time we tried using the pack n play there. She’d react that way even though we brought her hippo, used a fan, and put her in a sleep sack. 

We started using all those things from the time she first came home and it’s worked really well for us. She associates those things with resting and it has mostly made our lives way easier. 

My oldest nephew, on the other hand, has never been a good napper or sleeper. He has had a bad case of FOMO since he was first born. I watched him when I was in my first trimester of pregnancy and it was ridiculously hard because he wouldn’t nap unless I was holding him, which was difficult considering how sick and tired I was. He’s 2.5 now and he really only naps in the car or if his mom/my mom snuggle him to sleep and I’m pretty sure he still doesn’t sleep through the night. 

*She will nap in her car seat, but only if she’s pretty tired.

  • Upvote 5
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Would wearing it during sex be grounds for divorce in a covenant marriage? 

It's probably better than derrick's face

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 20
  • I Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How hard is it to chop a potato before throwing it in a crock pot? 

 

  • Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 9
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

How hard is it to chop a potato before throwing it in a crock pot? 

 

Oh my god. AND whole baby carrots? Wtf? I thought they were cocktail weenies at first and wondered it this was a cross-post from Bro Gary. I have never ever seen a slow cooker recipe that didn’t ask you to at least chop your veggies first. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Jill was able to put her pictures and Vid's of Siren's wedding back up. 

IMG_6817.jpg

I have to say, Jill is absolutely rocking that red dress. Shame about the cult, her own idiotic choices, and her creepy as fuck husband though.

  • Upvote 23
  • I Agree 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

Oh my god. AND whole baby carrots? Wtf? I thought they were cocktail weenies at first and wondered it this was a cross-post from Bro Gary. I have never ever seen a slow cooker recipe that didn’t ask you to at least chop your veggies first. 

It doesn't look like she washed them either. 

  • Upvote 12
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

It doesn't look like she washed them either. 

I can’t tell if they’re dark like that from being dirty, being cooked, or being old and discolored/moldy. Option 1 seems unlikely because babycarrots usually come pre-washed. Option 2 means that this mess is aready done cooking in that photo and the potatoes are still whole which is insane to me. Option 3 is disgusting. None are good! 

Edited by Hashtag Blessed
  • Upvote 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love reading and we have read to Miniway every night since he was a baby. On my (short) pro-baby#2-list the continued excuse to buy and read picture books is pretty close to the top. 

We have never had a strict bedtime and Miniway has always been pretty good at sleeping in if he went to bed late. We normaly start getting ready for bed between 7.30 and 8 but sometimes we’re late and sometimes on special occasions really late. But I don’t think he’s ever gone to bed past midnight. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I have to say, Jill is absolutely rocking that red dress. Shame about the cult, her own idiotic choices, and her creepy as fuck husband though.

the look on the older kid's face breaks my heart

 

  • Upvote 6
  • Bless Your Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

Oh my god. AND whole baby carrots? Wtf? I thought they were cocktail weenies at first and wondered it this was a cross-post from Bro Gary. I have never ever seen a slow cooker recipe that didn’t ask you to at least chop your veggies first. 

Hey! I use baby carrots in mine.  They are bite size.  Done.  Those potatoes are confusing me though. A whole potato?  Like, why?  How awkward after cooking.  Will they even cook properly?  And, where is the onion and celery?  Wtf is wrong with these people? Does everything have to be unfortunate or tragic with them?  Those two words get used so much on Dillwad threads.  

  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We always do whole baby carrots in the slow cooker, but never in my life have I seen it done with whole potatoes. I thought the baby carrots looked off too... and no other ingredients at all, or am I missing something...?

  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VaSportsMom locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.