IGNORED

Pavel Manafort's Trials and Tribulations

AmazonGrace

It looks like he's pretty screwed anyway unless Trump comes up with a pardon before he flees to Russia.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, SilverBeach said:

Watching CNN, guilty on 8 counts, mistrial on 10. Can someone tell me why people are running in and out of the courthouse? Not one person has walked normally.

Stand by for the pardon.

I guess because of this:

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

It’s late over here and I’m lying in bed with my phone, which I just can’t put down to go to sleep. There’s just too much going on. I’m keeping DH aware too, as I’m giggling gleefully after reading this:

• Upvote 9

6 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Does this mean they can try him again for these 10 counts?

Yes, the prosecutors can choose to try him again on the 10 counts.

• Thank You 3

A presidential pardon won’t help Pavel.

• Upvote 5

Rick Wilson has a new piece up at the Daily Beast. 

Manafort, Cohen, Omarosa: This Is How It Always Ends for Trump’s Scuzzy Friends  Far from taking a bullet, Cohen shot a proverbial one at the Con Man in Chief, and Manafort may end up doing the same. The train wreck of Trump’s life is finally being exposed.

This is the part relevant to Manafort: 

The fear emanating from the Trump’s tweets about Paul Manafort is an entirely different flavor. Manafort has direct, personal ties back to the Home Office in Moscow and its oligarch friends. Pasha isn't just a witness to Russia conspiracy and Trump's ties thereof; he’s an architect. The Trump-Manafort relationship goes back well before 2016, and while Manafort may be praying for a Presidential pardon, that pardon would leave him forced to testify to things for which the Russians will gladly kill him. Hell, they’d likely kill him pour encourager les autres, so flipping and selling Trump down the river is his best bet, as long as witness protection gets thrown in on the term sheet.

• Upvote 6

Sweet Rufus. It was only one juror that wouldn't find him guilty on all counts. The other eleven did.

• Upvote 10

In case anyone is interested in the Manafort jury notes:

(this is a threadlet)

• Upvote 6

Cohen and Manafort, pffft.  It's Trump's financial crimes I want exposed and I don't know how he's gotten away with it for so long.  With Trump's CFO (Weisselberg) granted immunity, we may get the goods at last.   Trump (with the able of assistance of Weisselberg) may have been canny enough to avoid tax reporting trip wires and Weisselberg knows where every single financial body is buried. 

I'm guessing Trump hasn't released his taxes not because of what is in his tax return, it's what isn't reported. However, I feel that Mueller, with the aid of an army of forensic accountants, will be able to sort it all out. 

• Upvote 9

This was all totally preventable. People knew that Manafort was a Russian agent in 20 freaking 08

• Upvote 9

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/08/paul-manafort-will-likely-go-to-jail-if-trump-pardons-him-thanks-to-a-lone-holdout-juror.html

About the possibility of state charges in NY, Illinois, California and Virginia. It turns out the lone juror saying nope actually opens up the possibility that he could face bank fraud charges in Illinois.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I take it Virginia is some shithole without TV and interwebs :o

Colonial Williamsburg has taken over the entire state. It's fabulous news for me though, my mail order whale oil business is booming!

• Haha 4