IGNORED

Pavel Manafort's Trials and Tribulations

AmazonGrace

Paul Manafort's trial is supposed to start next week, I thought we could use a separate thread about that.  Mueller released a list of the evidence items

Link to the list of exhibits: 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

According to court filings unsealed by Ellis on Monday, Mueller had requested immunity for Dennis Raico, Cindy Laporta, Conor O'Brien, Donna Duggan and James Brennan.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/07/23/judge-makes-identities-of-5-witnesses-granted-immunity-in-manafort-case-public/23487810/?a_dgi=aolshare_twitter&guccounter=1

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 2

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4616494-Response-to-motion.html

Manafort asked to limit evidence regarding Russia collusion and the prosecutors said they have no intention to present such evidence in this trial. 

As per Twitter the immunity witnesses are Manafort's accountants and people from insurance company and bank.

• Upvote 4

Rachel talking about questionable loans that a Chicago bank gave to Manafort

The bank was supposed to loan to veterans, which Manafort is not, and they gave 1/4 of their assets to Manafort because the manager wanted a job in the Trump cabinet.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Nobody I know except  Rick Gates and apparently Tad Devine is Bernie Sanders' campaign manager or something and worked in some Ukraine stuff with Manafort earlier.  Tucker Carlson was freaking out earlier that Tony Podesta was supposedly due for  immunity by Mueller but he isn't on the witness list at all

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

So where did all that money go? Last I heard, he was heavily in debt to a certain Russian oligarch and needed money badly.

• Upvote 4

19 hours ago, fraurosena said:

So where did all that money go? Last I heard, he was heavily in debt to a certain Russian oligarch and needed money badly.

The six houses, fancy suits and cars, and expensive dinners.

• Upvote 1

No way I could be on that jury and listen objectively. Yea I know innocent until proven guilty and all that but Holy Rufus on a cracker they all so are dirty

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

2 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

No way I could be on that jury and listen objectively. Yea I know innocent until proven guilty and all that but Holy Rufus on a cracker they all so dirty

I used to work for a small police department. Our records manager got called for jury duty for a homicide suspect. When questioned if she could be objective, she said there was no way on earth she could be objective, she had typed all the detective notes and felt that the suspect was guilty. Of course, she was immediately excused.

If I were to get called for the jury in any of the Dumpy gang, I would have to admit that I couldn't be impartial.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

8 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

The six houses, fancy suits and cars, and expensive dinners.

Hairdos. I just don't see him going to Supercuts and touching up his roots at home.

Edited by Cartmann99
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Hairdos. I just don't see him going to Supercuts and touching up his roots at home.

I'm sure he won't like the barber/stylist in the penitentiary.

• I Agree 3

12 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I'm sure he won't like the barber/stylist in the penitentiary.

Yup. I'm betting there's no scalp and neck massage or deep conditioning treatments in prison.

• I Agree 2