IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren Part 10: First Look at the Wedding

Coconut Flan

I still don‘t get the fundie logic. They are so obsessed with modesty rules and yet Lauren‘s dress is the most revealing wedding dress I‘ve ever seen. You can easily make out the shape of her body- coverd in white from shoulder to knee but hardly  leaving anything for imagination. 

It‘s not my intention to say anything bad about her outfit. She looks stunning and perfect in her dress. By far the most beautiful fundie dress (though I don’t like Mermaid cuts) .

It is just... These fundie rules will remain a mystery for me :my_huh:

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Wow, where are people getting the impression that Josiah was happy? Genuine question because I really do hope you’re right. But he honestly seemed the furthest thing from happy to me. Guy seemed checked out, exhausted, miserable, or maybe all three.

Yes to all of this. He just seemed to be going through the motions. 

To me, Lauren comes off as if she is on stage. She really emphasizes each of her words with a lot of emotion and tries to pick the most "fundie" terms to use. I believe Lauren feels she is on a mission to demonstrate how fundie she (and now her marriage) is to the world of heathens.

4 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

To me, Lauren comes off as if she is on stage. She really emphasizes each of her words with a lot of emotion and tries to pick the most "fundie" terms to use. I believe Lauren feels she is on a mission to demonstrate how fundie she (and now her marriage) is to the world of heathens.

I honestly think she'll be Michelle 2.0 acting the nice sweet submissive wife yet really being the one holding the reigns.  

1 minute ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I honestly think she'll be Michelle 2.0 acting the nice sweet submissive wife yet really being the one holding the reigns.  

One of the most intriguing things to me about fundies is that they preach the whole "submissive wife is obedient to her headship" thing but in a lot of these families, it's pretty clear that the wife is indeed "holding the reins". Isn't that how the saying goes? The husband is the head, but the wife is the neck, right?

Is all the castle looking flags and medieval looking font like a story book theme? Middle ages theme? Fairy tale theme?

2 minutes ago, BunnyBee said:

Is all the castle looking flags and medieval looking font like a story book theme? Middle ages theme? Fairy tale theme?

I noticed that too. especially the giant D hanging from the ceiling. I will say they pulled off what looked like a pretty wedding and no ice cream in a parking lot looking at you Jessa. 

Okay - here is the vibe I am getting from Lauren. 

Natalie Dormer as Anne Boleyn in The Tudors. I think it is a combination looks and also the way she stares at Josiah and seemingly gives her self up to him, but in reality (as others have mentioned) she knows she is going to be the one calling the shots and everything is going to her plan. 

I absolutely love Natalie Dormer as Anne Boleyn because of the way she looks at people. 

I know others have mentioned the floral backdrop, but all I can see is female external genitalia...

:::shrug:::

Biology/pre-med major and well, that's my only excuse.

I gotta say, there are things I like about Michelle's dress. It's drastically shorter than what she usually wears. The color is lovely and matches well. I think if it just would've had a normal sleeve and hemline, it would've looked a lot better. And hey she isn't wearing the funeral-home draperies dress, so that's gotta count for something... :confusion-shrug::confusion-shrug:

These two are just a weird pairing. 

Lauren seems like this is a lot for her and she's not really ready for this. I get the impression she's kind of serious and a deep believer. I think suddenly not being able to identify as the "pure young girl" is probably hard for her and weird.

Josiah is a prankster with a weird history, I don't see him as a natural deep believer but one who had to be dragged into it with some resistance.

22 minutes ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

These two are just a weird pairing. 

Lauren seems like this is a lot for her and she's not really ready for this. I get the impression she's kind of serious and a deep believer. I think suddenly not being able to identify as the "pure young girl" is probably hard for her and weird.

Josiah is a prankster with a weird history, I don't see him as a natural deep believer but one who had to be dragged into it with some resistance.

this was clearly a set up and I can smell Michelle all over it. you know she went to her BFF Cindy and said hey we want Josiah married so he's off our hands and we have another wedding for the show so pair him with Lauren. I mean they even admit that it was cindy putting them together for Joken's wedding that got them as a couple. Si tries to play it off as if he asked for it. but I"m not buying that for a nano second. 

All the happy has been trained out of Josiah, what a sad and resigned looking groom.  I did not see any joy from him, but she was  happy and proud she landed her man.  Her life’s ambition has now peaked at age 19, it is all downhill for her now.

As others have mentioned - Josiah looks dead inside. He's playing his role perfectly, and Lauren's the one who will "pay" for it in the long run.

Having seen the wedding footage AFTER having seen the "thank you" video, it's even more obvious that something's just not.right. with these two. The over-the-top kiss, the "I'm strong and manly and I'll carry you" action, the "I'm handsome" statement, and the (to my eyes) forced wiping away of (imaginary) tears as Lauren comes down the aisle, well...

Poor kids.

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I know others have mentioned the floral backdrop, but all I can see is female external genitalia...

:::shrug:::

Biology/pre-med major and well, that's my only excuse.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who found it a bit yonic. :pb_lol:

I normally try not to read in to how people act at their weddings too harshly, because for a lot of people weddings are honestly just stressful and exhausting. They may have even just been plain old nervous. But I will admit this is the first Duggar wedding in which I honestly did not see or feel any chemistry between the bride and groom. Something felt off. I do hope I'm way off base.

That said, I was still slightly scandalized by the kiss. Whoa indeed.

That wedding gave me Smuggar&Anna's wedding vibes. Josiah doesn't look happy or in love with Lauren at all, he only seemed eager to get it on with her. Poor Lauren. Hopefully Josiah is nicer than Smuggar.

2 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

That wedding gave me Smuggar&Anna's wedding vibes. Josiah doesn't look happy or in love with Lauren at all, he only seemed eager to get it on with her. Poor Lauren. Hopefully Josiah is nicer than Smuggar.

at least he didn't sing a creepy song (That we know of anyway) 

4 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

I’m kinda mad that we still didn’t get a good shot of the back of her dress. 

@Jinder Roles, I thought this was pretty good; it was in the album posted by TLC. I think it's so unfortunate that they covered up her gorgeous 'do and the dress detail with that veil. (And that her stylist didn't do a better job keeping her front curls in shape...they look so stringy in later pix.)

Screenshot_20180718-220952~2.png

The back is very Bella Swan (son? Ugh bad pun there!) from Twilight but it's pretty. Too bad the veil overshadowed it.

1 hour ago, scoutsadie said:

@Jinder Roles, I thought this was pretty good; it was in the album posted by TLC. I think it's so unfortunate that they covered up her gorgeous 'do and the dress detail with that veil. (And that her stylist didn't do a better job keeping her front curls in shape...they look so stringy in later pix.)

Screenshot_20180718-220952~2.png

She’s gorgeous. We all know that. I’m only commenting here to say that but I wish I could add something else to it e.g. ambitious, independent, creative etc... I only see a path filled with many pregnancies, babies, and double digit numbers for her. Shame.

That kiss was actually kinda sexy, which is not an adjective I'd ever thought I'd be applying to anything Duggar-related.

I can't get past Lauren's breathy baby-voice, though. Or the weird way she touches her dad's face before the ceremony. If it were anyone else I'd hold my judgement on those things, but we know this culture has some baggage with father-daughter relationships and women's voices.

OMG this pic is beautiful! From the front her dress looks just plain to me, but the back - wow!  

Maybe Josiah wasn't unhappy he just didn't want to show his emotions in front of 1000 people. Some people are uncomfortable being the center of attention. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived