IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren Part 10: First Look at the Wedding

Coconut Flan

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised JD wasn't a groomsman, but maybe they didn't want to take away  Abbie time. If this were some other time, I bet he would have been.

Does anyone else think Dwain could totally be JB's younger brother? I can't unsee that.

can anyone tell me what the hell Lauren's middle name is. Josiah said it during the vows but it sounded like gibberish. 

2 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

can anyone tell me what the hell Lauren's middle name is. Josiah said it during the vows but it sounded like gibberish. 

He was trying to say it the way it sounds in Spanish, which didn't sound like gibberish to me.

3 minutes ago, Sherresed said:

Was the wedding shown online?

it's on TLC.com you can watch it I believe if you're US based it isn't locked so even people without cable can watch it right now. 

Also I think that may have been the steamiest first kiss in Duggar history 

That was so uncomfortable to watch. Lauren has got to be the most brainwashed of these girls so far, or at least she comes across that way. It’s really unsettling. And Josiah seemed like he was either drugged into apathy or depressed/heavily resigned to some awful fate the entire time. His eyes... yikes.

Dwain seems like a nice guy, but he’s also a clone of Jim Bob, which is a bit weird to say the least!

They started becoming friends in September 2017 (around the time of Joe and Kendra’s wedding), courted for six weeks and got married four months later.

I do not have a good feeling about this. At all.

The whole thing really does just give me weird vibes in a way none of the others did. I can't even really pinpoint why, it just feels off.

5 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

The whole thing really does just give me weird vibes in a way none of the others did. I can't even really pinpoint why, it just feels off.

I think part of it is the fact that even now we know little about Lauren and the Swansons. with all the others we had at least seen them on the show before they were officially married. we knew  a bit of their family background we knew who their siblings were ect.. with Lauren we didn't even know she existed really (Except for a tiny spot when the Swanson's came over after Josie was born)  there hasn't been much talk of her parents or siblings. we know she is one of nine. we know her younger brother is Duke and we may know a few others from race logs but that's it. 

she honestly seemed to pop out of no where and then boom she was a Duggar.

For who isn't in the us there are the video on KUWF Tumblr. They are linked to yt and every one could see it

33 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Dwain seems like a nice guy, but he’s also a clone of Jim Bob, which is a bit weird to say the least!

The world doesn't need one Jim Bob, let alone two. :bangheaddesk:

I'm sure Lauren's dad has abhorrent beliefs and would want me burning in the fiery pits of hell, but he genuinely seemed to love his daughter and cherish the fact he got to be a part of her wedding. Josiah seemed truly overwhelmed even compared with some of the other fundie weddings, which is strange because he seems to have the most brainwashed bride.

The smiles they were giving each other seemed genuine, though, and the first kiss seemed actually affectionate and, dare I say it, lustful. I'm hoping he's just overwhelmed with the commitment because I don't think he'd have done it this soon or this early were he a normal young man.

Some first thoughts. 

I have to agree with @singsingsing   Lauren really is into the Religion!

Looks like ‘honey’ is now the new ‘babe’

I think Josiah is trying to be mature since he was always seen as the jokester. 

Michelle’s dress is a travesty. 

So I took a bunch of screen shots from the videos. I apologize for the play button etc. I have difficulty getting the moment I want without pausing and that sticks the play/progress/etc. stuff on the screen.

All of the pics are in the following spoilers which I've broken into groups.

Mothers of the Bride and Groom plus the Bridesmaids and Groomsmen.

Spoiler

324123307_JL_Mothers.thumb.PNG.fab28f3f9eebcb51307a4897d060674a.PNG1722454207_JL_Bridesmaids.thumb.PNG.c672b0965d739b26a73bfaf5e22696e0.PNG981951513_JL_Groomsmen_2.thumb.PNG.01390c4ed722b8f8cea6c364df68fd5a.PNG

The entrance of the Bride, Josiah waiting, and the couple on stage.

Spoiler

1106978756_JL_Entrance.thumb.PNG.06f60a2abf8e76df3cdaa6a406fc6a86.PNG115704113_JL_Waiting.thumb.PNG.af518ab95a3edbdd71e2967b70d385ec.PNG331124738_JL_Wedding_Party.thumb.PNG.dd7a839e92689abe339157d0241ecfd1.PNG

The prayer with the parents plus the declaration of marriage, and the "First Kiss".

Spoiler

276160288_JL_Duggars_and_Swansons.thumb.PNG.b7d3a99c8ef02be0eabaef9623fcd5c1.PNG897678406_JL_Pre_Kiss.thumb.PNG.59998bd85bdf273604642a0585ff389e.PNG1354349371_JL_Kiss.thumb.PNG.273094da5db67e662fa8760cabbe976a.PNG

The exit (carried and running!) from the stage

Spoiler

90376338_JL_Exeunt.thumb.PNG.0b8c3e4c31ddb9d20c4da334b01c1d08.PNG124501752_JL_Exeunt_2.thumb.PNG.b2c86363f8e9c27eaab75cf0c5d514a1.PNG

Lauren strikes me as one of those people who is quiet but very intense and rooted in their beliefs. There’s a lot of mystery around her actual personality.

Josiah seems truly overwhelmed and happy. I think the awkward part people are noticing is the fact that he’s not used to being emotionally vulernable in front of so many people (he’s usually making people laugh, which seems attention-seeking at the surface but it’s a good way of maintaining emotional distance). 

Dwain Swanson’s officiating was so sweet even though he reminds me of Jim Bob. 

This wedding (like the hymns & the vows) was probably one of the most ‘fundie’ so far, but I’ve also found it one of the most touching.

I’m kinda mad that we still didn’t get a good shot of the back of her dress. 

What was off about it to me was in the beginning all of the Duggar siblings were describing Josiah's personality in past tense. He was the entertainer, he was the person to make jokes, and the comment about now being quite and withdrawn being equated to maturity makes me sad. 

Also the personal vows were so heavy for a couple of youngins.

Seriously everyone go watch the video and see the emphasis Lauren puts on the word death, in the phrase until death do we part or whatever the phrasing is, in their personal vows. The whole thing is creepy.

Josiah wiping fake tears when she walks down the aisle....... the whole thing makes me sad.

I took a few screenshots. The first is the hangers with the names of the groomsmen on them, in case anyone was still wondering about that:

Spoiler

EEDF85C8-290E-45AD-8C8C-F8B9A606FD90.thumb.png.8600e74df85ecfee5415d88b5bcda288.png

The second is a shot of some of the bridesmaids when Lauren and her dad were walking down the aisle. I can’t decide which sister looks the least enthused here:

Spoiler

4584A663-97A2-4E77-B782-7402475CA4BA.thumb.png.bfd4dd3d92fe2db1758dabe165c2d613.png

Finally, John David looked at Abbie very sweetly while Lauren was saying her vows. I hope those two are genuinely happy together. 

Spoiler

96C184B6-0D76-4EC3-84CD-9C0820EA19F7.thumb.png.21f126855dbcf3f251e025e84cb12efa.png

Also that was probably the best Duggar first kiss I have seen thus far. Feel free to disagree! 

17 minutes ago, xenobia said:

The Duggar family website added some new pics from the wedding: 

http://www.duggarfamily.com/index.cfm?p=josiah-and-lauren-s-wedding-album

I think Joy is starting to look a lot like Jessa a few times I saw her on the episode and again in that picture and thought wait is that Jessa. no that's joy. 

does anyone know who the groomsmen in the wheelchair is? 

also well watching the episode it seemed so odd how the best man and the MOH were so close to Siren and the other's were so far back. for a second I thought they only had two people in their wedding party until the camera did a wide shot. 

28 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

Josiah seems truly overwhelmed and happy. I think the awkward part people are noticing is the fact that he’s not used to being emotionally vulernable in front of so many people (he’s usually making people laugh, which seems attention-seeking at the surface but it’s a good way of maintaining emotional distance). 

I agree with this! Although right at the beginning of part one where theyre on talking heads Lauren says ILY and they gaze into each others eyes.. he then makes a goofy noise to try to make it not as serious.  It was pretty great to see that at least that side is there even though at least in this he had to try to be mature and handle it all well.  I wish they understood that having a sense of humor and not being "brain washed" per se is okay for a soon to be husband. gah. 

Wow, where are people getting the impression that Josiah was happy? Genuine question because I really do hope you’re right. But he honestly seemed the furthest thing from happy to me. Guy seemed checked out, exhausted, miserable, or maybe all three.

That dress walks soo much better than it photographs. Combined with the gorgeous design of the back, it is growing on me.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived