IGNORED

Jinjer 41: Felicity Nicole 8 lb 3 oz

Coconut Flan

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, seasonsoflife said:

That’s a pretty name, but I can’t  help but think of Kerri Russell.

And the American Girl doll.  

I like Felicity as well.  Poor Spurgeon,  still the worst baby name in the family.  I fear he will never lose that distinction.

I thought she'd use Jessa's middle name instead of her own though. Felicity Lauren would've been nice too. 

Lots of people guessed "Nicole" but no Felicity guesses...

Felicity originated from the ancient Roman goddess Fortuna. :) (per my Google-fu)

How soon until the Duhlards link the news to their own website for clicks? 

Just now, tabitha2 said:

I am dating myself Makes me think of Felicity King from Road to Avonlea :)

I thought of Felicity King too! :D

I love that the Jinjer thread is hot because she had a baby and the Duhlards thread is hot because they're being morons on youtube again. 

7 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

And at 8lb 3oz she's the smallest Duggar daughter firstborn.

To be fair, Jinger is the first Duggar daughter to have a girl. From what I know, boys are often born heavier than girls*. I don’t know how much bigger, I just remember reading that at some point.

*Speaking specifically of full-term and healthy infants. 

I wouldn't have guessed the name but I like it and it strikes me as nicely "on-brand" for them. Uncommon, but not weird; mellifluous, but not overly frilly; virtue-based, but not, like, Chastity or Prudence or something. 

Honestly I don’t understand the obsession with weight of the Duggar grandbabies. As long as they are in normal range and healthy and the mother is what does it matter?

15 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

They seem to be in a hospital of some type as well.

Or maybe the birthing center that someone mentioned earlier? Hard to tell from the photo, though.

July 19th- victoriasponge, GoddessOfVictory, Lurker, allthegoodnamesrgone

Got the date

No one got the name! Well not the first name, many many many people figured out the middle would be Nicole. 

8lbs 3oz- AtlanticTug, SeekingAdventure, new espadrille, WasBlind, Pinkdrink

Got the weight! 

19.5 inches- Mlisssmartins

Got the length! 

Fel-icity King! Road to Avonlea, forever and always! :) 

4 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Honestly I don’t understand the obsession with weight of the Duggar grandbabies. As long as they are in normal range and healthy and the mother is what does it matter?

Because most of the Duggar girls have GIGANTIC babies.

2 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

July 19th- victoriasponge, GoddessOfVictory, Lurker, allthegoodnamesrgone

Got the date

No one got the name! Well not the first name, many many many people figured out the middle would be Nicole. 

8lbs 3oz- AtlanticTug, SeekingAdventure, new espadrille, WasBlind, Pinkdrink

Got the weight! 

19.5 inches- Mlisssmartins

Got the length! 

Fel-icity King! Road to Avonlea, forever and always! :) 

wonderful news!!! what do they win Herv? 

Man, I was really expecting for them to go Biblical or Italian. I wonder if Jinger had access to American Girl dolls? I love the name.

Also I hope they actually negotiated selling off that picture, because THAT was fast.

Well Miss Felicity King was spoiled  mean prissy stuck up bossy horrible big sister most of the series so I hope she is more of a Sarah Stanley LOL.

18 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

To be fair, Jinger is the first Duggar daughter to have a girl. From what I know, boys are often born heavier than girls*. I don’t know how much bigger, I just remember reading that at some point.

*Speaking specifically of full-term and healthy infants. 

I believe she's the smallest Duggar grand period. Even counting Anna's kids. I think Garrett was the smallest before that.  never mind as others have pointed out a few were in the 7lb range for some reason I was thinking they were all in the 8 opps

Also Felicity is great my fav Duggar name by far. 

2 minutes ago, nst said:

wonderful news!!! what do they win Herv? 

Eternal salvation, obvs 

Also isn't this a weird time of day to spill the news? Anyone else find it strange to announce on a Thursday night less than 24 hours after birth? I mean I figured if she had her they would announce way closer to the Counting On premiere?

2 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I believe she's the smallest Duggar grand period. Even counting Anna's kids. I think Garrett was the smallest before that. 

Also Felicity is great my fav Duggar name by far. 

Meredith, Mac and Garrett were all smaller.

On 7/18/2018 at 8:02 PM, louisa05 said:

I'm not encouraged that taking care of other family needs is just a brief mention in this piece, though. I have met so many women in the last five years since the situation first impacted me who lost or left jobs while caring for an ill or aging parent. While there is at least typically six weeks of guaranteed unpaid leave for having a baby, there is nothing for caring for an aging/ill parent or other family member. The Family Medical Leave Act left way too much room for companies to apply burdensome restrictions and requirements on leave. And while people treat new moms like rock stars, or at least advocate it, like this writer does, caring for an aging or ill family member basically gets you treated like you've lost your mind and could just get back to work. You know what the most typical reaction I got from people was? An offer of solutions so I didn't have to help. "Maybe you could have them take Uber to chemo". Someone really said that to me. My dad had balance and nerve issues and difficulty getting in and out of vehicles. But, sure, I'll just call Uber for that. Most suggestions were about that useful. 

And see above for my brother's difficulties with his employer. I had someone else who could pay most of the bills. He did not. And I'm still in the caregiving situation, it's just a lot less. But I know good and well getting an employer to let me off to take my mother to five appointments in the last week would have caused major problems. 

It really is tough... My former job as a corporation sucked, but my director was amazing, and worked with me when I had to take my mom to and pick her up from chemo once a week, and pick her up from radiation daily. Thankfully the cancer center where she was getting her radiation provided rides, so they took her, and I picked her up. I just had really sucky breaks for that time. 

There was a time a couple of years before that, when she was in the hospital for a week and a half, and we weren't sure if she was going to make it (not cancer related that time), and again, awesome boss worked with me. I didn't get to not come to work, I couldn't have afforded that, but she let me leave early as much as she could.

I know my previous boss wouldn't have let that swing, and I likely would have lost my job, which I was worried about, on top of worrying about my mom.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived