IGNORED

Rebecca K!!'s mother has passed away

Triplet3

Obit sounds like the little guy has been adopted. 

devoted mother of Rebecca Kellum, Annah Kellum, and Ryan Kellum

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor Eleventy. She is a genuine person. I disagree with her beliefs, but I cannot see her ever being the kind not treat everyone around her with softness. She looks lovely in that photo and I am grateful she driving and expanding her world. This will help her in her grief. Of all our fundies, this is only one for whom I would even considering sending a memorial gift, because in this case it would be genuine and not a taunt. 

The Maxwell's left a comment:
Steve Maxwell Family July 18, 2018 at 12:27 pm - Reply

Broken hearted, grieving with you, but rejoicing in the joy of Mary’s presence with our Lord Jesus. Much love and continued prayers. “Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints” (Psalms 116:15).

I looked at the obituary announcement.  It is a nice picture, she looks happy and cheerful in that picture.  Like a fun grandmother, loving and kind.  It is a tough loss for them and I hope that they will be ok.

My sincere condolences to the family too.  This is so very sad.

The thing about the Kellum family is that they have walked the walk as well as talked the talk.  That is why we have been gentle with them and most of us do not mock them.

They are a family who reached out and took in those in need even before they became foster parents.  IIRC. both Rachael and Ryan were "unofficial" people they cared for.  I'm glad Ryan seems to be permanently in their care.  They have also cared for FAS fosters.  That is not easy.

Rebecca got her Eleventy!!11!! nickname here a long time ago.  She was very young and did seem to have an exclamatory style back then, when she was temporarily in thrall to the Maxwells.

I  think we need to drop that nickname.  Grown Rebecca K is a sweetheart who has traveled way beyond Maxwell crush territory.  I rejoice that she has her driving license and has done CNA training.  She is a lovely young woman

I hold the family in my thoughts in this sad time.  It will be so hard but I think they will be OK.  They have a strong support system and enormous loving hearts.

I think the difference is Rebecca’s family seemed to actually believe in Jesus and that he meant what he said in the gospels.

Most of the fundies we follow are a lot more interested in themselves and their own “gospel” than the words of Jesus.

I am sorry to hear this. I think the culture has failed Rebecca and her sister but her family did walk the walk and not just talk the talk (like so many other families). They didn't seem to shun, humiliate or look down on people who weren't living exactly like they were. 

This is a big blow to the family. I hope they will be all OK.

• 1 month later...

A billion trillion years ago I used to read Free Jinger. I'm Kat by the way, and I remember Emily and 1000 a month, Candy's 3 blogs ago, etc.

http://hiswayserves-hiswayserves.blogspot.com

Poor Rebecca's Mom has passed :( Poor girl. I used to read her while she would post on the Maxwell's blog.

I have no idea if this is the right place to put this, sorry abou that. Learning the ropes again.

On 7/18/2018 at 12:38 PM, snickerz said:

Obit sounds like the little guy has been adopted. 

He has been.  Rebecca wrote this on her personal blog: "Hi! My name is Rebecca Kellum. I am 27-years-old, living at home with my dad, sister, and adopted younger brother, and our new puppy Thea. "

14 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

He has been.  Rebecca wrote this on her personal blog: "Hi! My name is Rebecca Kellum. I am 27-years-old, living at home with my dad, sister, and adopted younger brother, and our new puppy Thea. "

Even though his adoptive mother passed away, I think Rebecca and her sister will always be there for him as he grows up. Even if they get married eventually.

21 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

And even if his (adoptive) mother has died, he still has his (adoptive) father, his (adoptive) sisters and, we hope, any number of (adoptive) relatives to take care of him.

His dad and sisters may be non-biological relatives but they made the same commitment as his non-biological mom when he was adopted.  And I sincerely believe they will follow through. 

He is now his Dad's son, and his sisters' brother.  I think they will see it that way.

I'm glad she got a new puppy. She seemed so sad when the last one died. I've been going through some tough emotional times lately and I can't imagine trying to cope without my kitties. Pets are such an important part of life.

• 4 weeks later...

Prayer Request

Please pray for my dad's surgery tomorrow. He is having three
discs fused in his neck. And please pray for the recovery process. Thank
you. Rebecca

Rebecca's father is having surgery tomorrow.  I hope everything turns out well.  I worry for her and her sister if something should happen to her father so soon after the passing of her mother.

16 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

I worry for her and her sister if something should happen to her father so soon after the passing of her mother.

And their brother ...

Archived